Thoughts on foam rolling? Been trying it for couple of days now and I can suddenly feel blood flowing in my lower back

Thoughts on foam rolling? Been trying it for couple of days now and I can suddenly feel blood flowing in my lower back.

i did it for a few months. now whenever i do it i dont feel much anymore.

i feel like foam rolling is like a once a year kind of thing after you are past the initial fase of knots

if the whole point is knots why not just get a massage and ask them to go hard?

>1 time purchase of 30 bucks.
vs
>100 massages of 30 bucks.

My foam roller doesn't give me a happy ending though.

soomeone red pill me on what the fuck these things do. i have one, i tried it out for a month, felt no different. everyone tells me i must be 'tight' despite the fact that i have better mobility than most. as far as i am aware, they do not improve mobility.

sell me the idea, Veeky Forums.

The whole point of foam rolling is literally to replace a massage.

I use one I got from myprotein in the morning and before bed
my back cracks and it feels more "light".

pretty good, no idea how to use it outside my back

>he doesn't put an onahole in his foam roll
Lmaoing at your life

there's some evidence that it can 'prep' muscles prior to stretching and thus make stretching a little more effective

there is little to no evidence it helps recovery like it's been claimed. It helps undo some knots if you have a tension headache or something I guess

see above
also
>le redpill me xd

Found the shitskin

>trippin for this

It's to be used only on tight muscle groups. For most people those areas are hamstrings, lower back, and illiotibial band (IT band, google it). Some people have more mobility than others, but almost every single person has some overacting muscle group causing tightness.

It's best used on days off, and before engaging in physical activity. It reduces risk of injury but a decent margin.

Source: Am NASM certified PT and corrective exercise.

>certified PT
Lo

l

Helps me with my legs, hips and lower back. I never go upper than my lower back, it just fucks my shit up there for some reason. I get massage 2 times a month too.

xD

It works best after training when your muscles are still warm. U know nothing breh.

I do SMR with a lacrosse ball (the very same idea as in foam rolling, but being harder and smaller it feels more effective) after every workout for the muscles which I have trained.

It certainly aids in recovery, or atleast I notice the difference if I haven't done it. My very much bro sciencey explanation goes that the enhanced blood flow to the muscle flushes out the byproducts of the processes converting blood sugar to energy for the muscle, gets fresh blood in there, and aids removing the knots, improving mobility.

I know that this might be total bullshit, but if it feels good, why not. Plus it's incredibly relaxing to come home all sweaty, turn off the lights and light up some candles, and lie on top of the ball of Satan himself, knowing that your muscles feel better after it.

Great for beginners. Really helps mobility and recovery.

Not as great once you become a novice and start lifting past bodyweight lifts. You'll start to need deeper pressure. Tennis balls help with this.

Deep tissue massage is definitely much better. I try to get one every month if I have the time. Your local Chinatown will most likely have one and for cheap. NYC rates are around $40 for an hour down there.

Can be okay every once in a while.
I just use a pvc pipe.
It's mostly a meme though

>certified PT
doesn't make you any more believable, PT is a mickey mouse profession

foam rolling souns like a meme desu. doesn't sound worth the trouble. everyone has different ideas on how it helps so i take that to mean that it doesn't.

It's a meme, but it feels good, and has been part of my warmup ritual forever, so I still do it. I use a PVC pipe and a lacrosse ball.

Actually laughed out loud. Never change Veeky Forums

I don't trust massages in case I get a boner and arrested.

>mickey mouse profession
What the fuck does that even mean? Like, I can get what you're saying based on context. But what in the flying fuck is Mickey mouse profession supposed to mean?

Britfag speak for sort of cheap and not real. Done poorly

Useless, made up, not good and proper. Most commonly used in the phrase "Mickey Mouse degrees" to talk about things like media studies.