How you doing?

Tell me about you. Tell me about your progress, your goals.
Did you beat your PR?
Did you finally get her/his number?

I myself been at it 2 months, I can see a change in my body and my attitude to life in general, this week iv been on 3 dates with 3 women and I don't feel as sad as before lifting.

So tell me user, how u doing?

Other urls found in this thread:

myprotein.com/protein-accessories/myprotein-smartshake-lite-black-1-litre/11091610.html
amazon.co.uk/gymadvisor-stainless-blender-protein-shaker/dp/B00EUHU7FW
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

im a recovering skinny fat who channels his autism into fitness from video games. I used to obsess over games but now it's fitness, to the point where I'll buy fast food and keep it around myself just to test my willpower. then ill start eating it, but spit it out after it's all chewed up just to prove that i can do it to myself, then ill throw it away. I bought some pairs of tight underwear that i refuse to disrespect and wear until my bf is low enough to show my adonis belt and abdomens. my motivation is to be able to walk around shirtless with those boxers ever so slightly too low to show off my physique and to catch people looking. once i achieve this i dont know what I'm going to move onto next. i fantasise about having somebody spill a drink on me in public and therefore being forced to take off my shirt and walk around half naked without looking like a tryhard.

I just made it but I've only been lifting for just over a year so I don't know how to feel

dyel here, went from 0 push ups to 30 in 30 sec

sounds not much, is an achievement for me tho

Been lifting for about four years now, for a while I was going 6 or 7 times a week. The last 6 months or so I've been lax on getting into the gym because I was training for a marathon. finished the marathon just in time for bulking season to pick up and now I'm aiming to get my gains back.

i also channelled passion for video games into fitness, seems to work really well for me so far.
its good you have a vision of what you want, keep doing what you're doing my man

do u have any other interests that you could work on, perhaps use the motivation that helped you through the early days and channel it into a hobby or something? that might expand your mind and help you feel on another level.

thats great! progress is numbers and they're good numbers. Try this out next time for me, see how you feel: do 1 push up, hold it for 10 seconds, then 2 push ups, hold it for 9, and so on.
when i do it, count from the first rep so 1, 2, 3, 4 > then 2, 3 ,4 > until your last 2 pushups are only a second apart.

that's some pretty good advice about making it, I just try to keep improving but I didn't expect my life to be so wholesome so fast

thats terrific, thats the kinda level I wanna be on before I hit 30 (23 now). Your motivation is contagious, user

Going alright OP, thanks for asking

Used to be fucking jacked but let myself go a while back (compulsive drinking, drugs, smokes, fights etc.) but now got 100% clean and been lifting for about 3 months; back on the gains-train and starting to see some average results again (6'1, 95kg, 120 SQ, 140DL, 80BP for +5 reps)

feeling better in general in life. succeeding in my professional life, semi-succeeding in my social life (i moved states, its hard to make friends over the age of like 20-something), and she actually wants to see me again. just as i gave up on her too.

dont know whats going to happen, im heading back to my hometown for a month over christmas to work the holiday period; but me and her both know it is really to see her.

ive been boning sloots from online dating sites for a while but chucked it in, they were all fucking shit tbqh. shes the only one i want.

I still have dark days now and again but overall im eating right, working out 5 or 6 days a week, off the booze completely and becoming well-known in my industry.

i wonder if i could get her back, would i actually be happier? i dont know. it has been such a goal for so long (like even to cum with these low-tier women ive been seeing i would reminisce about fucking her. lol. they will never know this) that now as im reaching the precipice, is that even what i want anymore?

idfk familia. idfk.

well done user thats a good step forward!
your next goal could be to pump out BW dips for reps :)

Iv got alot of advice from Veeky Forums, I wanted to give a little back plus some motivation while I'm at it. So thanks, means alot. I think everyone has their own idea of what making it is, the idea has become a meme now but everyone has their own objectives.

>been lifting on and off for past decade
>been pretty consistent lately on lifting and eating properly
> 2x BW bench, 2.5x BW squat, 3x BW deadlift
>still a manlet

There's this bird I like and want to express my feelings to but I can't because she thinks she should be with him. That's my Sunday evening thoughts for you

>checked my ex on Facebook
>she is also my first love
>she cheated on me and dumped after the truth came out
>it was brutal
>haven't spoken with her for 7 years
>judging by fb she is doing SLIGHTLY better than me.
>feel the rage of thousands suns

In the gym now lifting as hard as I can.
I have a happy normie life now, I don't understand why I even care

Also quite a pre workout.

thanks for sharing, seems like you're proud to be back in control of your own destiny in many ways. I also have dark days and I was also fucking local chubsters and twinks until I chucked it for her. So I completely empathise with your story. To me, she is perfect and I'll spend an eternity making myself perfect for her.

your writing is nice to read, i like your style

>Dad just called me essentially a good for nothing piece of shit and just insulted me to my mum in another room but load enough so I can hear it
>Said he hates talking to me
>Ill all week so I couldn't go gym

Feels pretty bad man, can't wait to move out of my home with bad feels

thanks user

>tfw find out she has been completely fucking loyal the entire time
>even in my absence
got dammit man

>tfw genuinely regretting every fatty tumblerina / potential psych patient / basic bitch i have rooted the past 3 months

It's all about taking it one day at a time, brother. I believe in you!

thanks for the kind words&tipps! will do! :)

for fit standards my progress is ridicolously slow, but its steadily going upwards every month.
Also today i saw 3 kids at the gym that benched 25-30kg and one kid literally got stuck under the bar and i had to help him.
Sometimes its good to get a reminder that fit is not the real world.

real life shit is weird, im in a so much better situation than a year ago. got into programming school, friends in school, very good grades even go out drinking with those guys sometimes.
But no real friend or girlfriend among those. Just being a guy thats also there, its almost worse than never having contact with people, which i did before.
They also kinda bore me and are uninteresting as fuck most of the time, its conflicting as fuck.

they're respectable stats, you may feel like a manlet but your numbers are impressive. Have you tried calisthenic manoeuvres like typewriter pull ups, or the crazy military BW training routines?

Next time you see her, try to assess as much information about her as you can and pick something to start a conversation with; hair color, eyes, shoe brand/color, accessories (bangle, earrings, necklace), top/jacket, birth place, national insurance number, fav film ANYTHING and I promise you, she will bite. Protip: pick something you can talk about easily or something you can change the conversation with (nice jacket, where did you get it? > i got a jacket like that for my sister but it was too small > I could only get credit for the store so I bought her shoes instead > you want a £40 dollar discount card for slagdrop.co.uk? ok great, would u like to go out for a drink later?

that must have hurt your self-esteem pretty bad, maybe try use your momentum in the gym to push through physical AND emotional barriers? One day, she'll see you and bite her lip. And you will have made it.

Good advice user but we're way beyond the point of casual smalltalk the whole situation is just making me sad even though I'd like to tell her this very second how much I like her. Complicated stuff but boils down to me being some sort of 2nd choice

>3 kids at the gym

Kids as in 10 year olds?

nah 16-18

On friday i snatched what i couldnt a week ago as if it were a wooden stick. Feels good.
Also i think i have trascended from the need ov a gf. All im thinking about now is going full hermit mode.

Thats awful to hear, he doesnt seem like a considerate man but have you at least tried explaining your side of the story? how he makes you feel? how your trying to get better and become the best version of you possible but his attitude shreds your confidence and holds you back? My dad was a cunt too, it'll help me make the right decisions when I become a father myself.

s'all about those experiences tho, amirite?

fit standards are bs, i genuinely believe around 90% of stuff you read here is bad for you, but the 10% is gold.
Real life is where it matters, and progress is progress, but everybody's different. Considering that, you seem to have your shit together and I'm proud you got into programming school and made friends even if they're monotonous.

Thank you so much, good day to you both

What the fuck man

I've given up on that fellow Veeky Forumsizen, he doesn't listen and has been violent for a large majority of my childhood, to him there is no my side of the story - my only hopes are to create a new life for myself

Dont let yourself be anyones second choice, my friend. We work hard to achieve our own goals, become those we envision and one day we'll be everyones first choice. That's all we can do.

Good to hear, keep it up. Distraction can be detrimental to the vision.

Thanks man I won't. It's just that she's clearly unhappy in her current situation but for whatever reason she doesn't want to acknowledge it. Whatevs.

I'm sorry to hear that, keep working towards your dream and leave him in your dust.

I am not so good.

Recently started SL 5x5, made some solid progress in a good amount of time. Was held back at one point as knee tendonitis prevented me squatting for a few weeks.

Then a few days ago I finally hit 1pl8, but as I tried to increase weight I think I did something to my knee as I get a sharp pain there doing so much as a body weight squat - definitely doesn't feel like tendonitis this time but an actual injury, although it only happens during squats so I think it's minor for now.

But I am really depressed about not being able to squat for a while again, and I don't know what to do.

Lads, I'm finally entering corporate/professional environments as a Netsec Analyst. At what age will it be weird that I'm not married or have kids? I'm 22 now and still have never had sex or a gf, but most people assume I'm relatively normal.

I don't BB squat atol because of problems with my right knee, I do leg press and a squat machine. Have you asked for advice from a doctor?

I dont think it'd ever be weird, but conventionally you want to have children before 35 so you're not hobbling in a zimmer frame to parents night?

>finally hit 1pl8

Thats well and good mate. Make an appointment and see whats causing that knee pain. You might even be able to squat still, don,t lose hope so easily.

I've recently hit 1pl8 on bench, squats, and DL. My OHP is lagging behind though, my arms and shoulders feel so fatigues just by the movement.

Any advice lads? been lifting for 2 months using a modified SS routine.

thanks m8 :)

>>been on 3 dates with 3 women

>tfw literally never been on a date with a woman

Have over 1000 tinder matches, I could ask any of them if they want to grab brunch but I have no desire to do so. I just don't care. Anyone else like this?

I've seen doctors in regards to other issues in the past and all the ones in my area seem pretty useless to say the least.

There is a physio nearby which is pretty good, but it's not cheap and I have little money.

I'm currently at 60kg deadlifts, I want to lift 100kg before new year. Do you think this is possible?

If you follow a routine similar to stronglifts it's quite possible. At the very least, you'll get near it.

lol'd @ pic

if life was an RPG id trade you some sex drive for your facial aesthetics

look up nhs physiotherapy everything a doctor would tell you is on there, its like following a routine from bodybuilding.com

OK

I just started lifting in mid-September and I'm on a beginner's 5x5 program with deadlift, squat, bench press, overhead press. What other exercises do you recommend doing if I'm not tired as accessory work? I was thinking about starting to do bicep curls. I have 155 deadlift 142.5 squat, 100 bp so far not sure if I'm meeting maximum potential. I go four days a week and do two lifts and something else each time. one for upper body and squat/deadlift depending. I'm 18, 5'9", 145 lbs if it matters

We are almost living in a simulation, I have nearly the same story, who is this user?

Previous injuries from rugby and volleyball, along with muscle imbalances from bad sitting posture and habits prevent me from progressing in a linear fashion. I also haven't gone to the gym in more than a week because I have been busy with a lot of other shit. Being able to squat 200+kg seems so far away even though I'm halfway there.

I don't really do one rep maxes so every work out that I successfully do 3-5x5 whilst adding 2-5kgs area PR I guess?

Yes I got her number some months ago, but she thinks I'm a nice guy, I didn't pursue any further as I knew the implications of that.

Just bought my first sack of whey but I can't get it to mix in my cold milk, it just clumps up and floats on top
How do you guys do it? i'd rather not heat my milk btw

Buy a shaker and drink it from that.
I use: myprotein.com/protein-accessories/myprotein-smartshake-lite-black-1-litre/11091610.html

shaker bottle, blender, or a whisk

Thanks, what's that steel ball named btw?

thats roughly when I started, how about lat pull downs or pull ups?

keep at it, do some research and maybe ask a doctor or physio about small changes to help posture and injuries? Also that nice guy idea is bs, its good to be a nice guy, it could mean you're not the greasy, blatantly horny, jeremy kyle guest moron that shes used to.

amazon.co.uk/gymadvisor-stainless-blender-protein-shaker/dp/B00EUHU7FW

>is this the real life
>is this just fantasy
>caught in a landslide
>no escape from reality

nobody knows tbqh

its me, spill your guts user i wanna hear famalam

>Good career
>Gf of 3 years
>Engineering degree
>Earn more than all my peers
>Soon to start my own software and structures research group
>Weak as fuck
>Still have acne
>Bipolar
>Just did a big shit

5/10 life ... P average imo.

FWB is moving to china for almost a year.

I didnt think id feel this bad, but I do. I guess I caught some feelings.

When he comes back I really want to see him again. Should I try to stay in contact over text during his absence, or will I seem too clingy?

oh man i miss him already : (

idk squats actually felt pretty good for the first time ever. 1,5 year in with shitty genetics so still very DYEL. Confidence is even lower than pre-lifting because of how shitty my progress in everything is, I'm apparently a nigh non-responder. I've put everything into this and this is only thing that matters to me but I'll never make it.

Anyways I hugged the squat rack after I was done because I haven't yet experienced my first hug with a human.

Haven't been very consistent with the gym in the past year or so, I started working in construction and its pretty difficult to drag my ass to the gym every other day or so.

im lifting for 2d girls
since i started wagecucking i started to hate women even more
i want to cuck 3d women for being the whores that they were and always are

It depends on how he feels about you.
Try keeping contact. See if he makes time to talk to you. That will let you know how he feels about you.

Ive been getting better:)
>Finally starting to get over my ex
>Met a really nice qt who's super into me
>Met another nice qt who really wants to lift with me
>cut is going well
>Almost back to my lifting weights when i played football
>PR for bench at 395lbs
>PR for squat at 565lbs
>Deadlift is plateauing as well as my ohp but meh
>My best friend came to visit from Idaho where he goes to college
>Everything is going pretty good right now:)