Boxer Thread

who here goes to a boxing gym? what are your routines?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7hJlrg7VLmQ
youtube.com/watch?v=zJu29b_uaZE
youtube.com/watch?v=j_6bmrqIsP8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Been wanting to get into boxing and jiu-jitsu, I just can't find the time.

it takes no more time than going to a regular gym, more expensive but at least it has real world application

Technique work on the bag or pads, followed by conditioning and footwork. Just always do something different.

youtube.com/watch?v=7hJlrg7VLmQ

youtube.com/watch?v=zJu29b_uaZE

lol I will never understand why asians practical martial arts when they weight 150 pounds and have firearms.

For sport. These guys make a living by fighting. It's normal to have something like 50 professional fights by the time they are in their mid teens

There is actually a given distance that varies for every person depending on speed and build where attacking with a knife is more dangerous than someone with a holstered gun.

>I just can't find the time.

S-sauce ?

>inb4 google image search i'm on mobile

>boxing

Leah Gotti I think.

Cheers m80

>google name
>first result is BLACKED video
Dropped. Fucking Jews.

I go to a boxing club twice a week (wed, fri), and run texas method at the same time (tues, thurs, sat). It takes a bit of getting used to, but within a month you'll be fine.

The issue is you can't bulk in the same way as you normally would if you want to compete, as it won't work with weight classes

and it's expensive as fuck

>implying ancient forms of boxing weren't the basis for every striking martial art in existence

If you box at an amateur level you shouldn't lift very much. If you just want to fuck around twice a week then do what you want, you're not competing

Boxing is cheap as fuck, BJJ isn't.

Yeah yeah, the 21 foot rule. The idea that an attacker can sprint 21 feet and stab you before you can draw aim fire your handgun. There's lots of yt videos about it. It's a useful reminder...
But the shooters never move in those experiments in the videos. In real life when someone charges you you will instinctively move away, which means the attacker has to run further than 21 feet to actually catch you. If you're drawing at the same time you've got a good chance if getting a couple shots on him which will help you keep him off you to shoot him more until he drops. Plus, when your man reaches you and stabs you once, are you just going to say "he got me" and stop? Fuck no, you're gonna keep fighting if you can.
So dont preach the 21 foot rule as gospel, too many people do but it's not helpful.

Used to kick-box regularly; now I just do independent workouts at my home. Don't spar often anymore.

Start every session by light stretching, running, and then full body stretching. Proceed to work out. Don't beat yourself out, just wake up your muscles and help them grow a bit. I like to use weights for a few exercises, like trap lifts, but honestly in boxing, bigger muscles are just going to slow you down and wear on your endurance. Your own body weight (and hitting the bag) is going to make you strong enough. You should only try to bulk or make big gains if you need to fit a weight class for an actual competition; not just to meet criteria because you want to. Women may want to disregard this and do more traditional, weighted, strength training.

After this, I do striking exercises, for at least an hour, and often 1.5 to 2. Single punches, combinations, all-out flurries, elbows, palms, several different types of kicks; do everything that you want to cover, in sets, like you would any other exercise. Stretch often, and always if you feel tension in your body. You use every inch of your body in striking, and so every inch of it needs to be limber. If you have a full size bag, use that for power training, but try shadowboxing for speed and footwork. If you have a sparring partner, make sure they're really anal about making sure you keep your hands up.

Cool down with light body-weight exercises, light run, and stretch routine. Finished.

All of fit
youtube.com/watch?v=j_6bmrqIsP8

Yeah, ask someone who trains knife fighting if they charge an armed person from 21 feet away, ever

Fuck no

They are alright but I prefer briefs personally