Can someone redpill me on calisthenics...

Can someone redpill me on calisthenics? Is it possible to have decent muscle mass or is the end result always going to be pic related?

I'm not looking to be a body builder but I also don't want to be scrawny either.

>Also is intermittent fasting just bro science?

>but I also don't want to be scrawny either

Then don't do calisthenics.

Yeah I figured, I admire the body control and strength but it doesn't seem to benefit you when it comes to general strength.

>Is it possible to have decent muscle mass or is the end result always going to be pic related?
NO, IT'S NOT. Look at people who do nothing but yoga all the time; they're not muscly even if they have definition. You CANNOT challenge your muscles enough with just bodyweight shit to do anything more than not be a fatass, you'll be slightly above average strength and that's all. Read the sticky, go to a gym, LIFT, EAT, be consistent in your training, STAY AWAY FROM STEROIDS.

I plan on adding in convict conditioning to do on my off days for a little extra progression when I'm not lifting. Any thoughts?

I'm trying! I was doing so good but I've only worked out like 4 days in the past two weeks and I know I'm going to stall out when I go back tomorrow. I'm scared I've fucked up my progress badly. I've also been neglecting my protein powder and creatine.

>I've also been neglecting my protein powder and creatine.
..okay, now I think you're just trolling everyone.

TEACHABLE MOMENT:
==================
Kids, CONSISTENCY in your training is key. You MUST maintain a consistent pattern of training if you want adaptation to occur. Otherwise, NO GAINS. So, keep up the good work, progress resistance regularly but conservatively, and keep in mind this is a long-term goal, not something you expect big results from Next Thursday.

Ok since I have the experience I will tell you how it went so you dont have to try myself.

First year of working out I went to the gym, like most people here. I grew alot, made alot of noob gains, shit was good. But I was getting bored, and calisthenics was getting hyped everywhere. I admired the less pumped up, more natural looking physiques the people on youtube doing calisthenics had. So I wanted to try it myself.

I enjoyed calisthenics alot, I was outside to workout, even in the winter I was training with just a shirt. Cold weather literally never bothered me anymore. I didnt have to wait to use equipment, felt more free. Progressing through different stages of exercises was alot of fun. Was very proud of myself when I first did proper handstand pushups for example.

The gains? The gains were not amazing. I used to never do dips at the gym and now I did dips all the time so my chest made a bunch of gains at the start, I actually wondered why I never did dips before in the gym, theyre great. I also did a whole shit ton of pullups so my lats kinda blew up, I gained alot more of a V-taper than before. And my abs became more visible because I used them for every exercise. That was at the start, I made alot of gains because it was something new my body had tot adjust to. But I ended up doing calisthenics for a year. And to be honest it was a waste of time. I shouldve done it for a maximum of maybe 2 months in the summer to train outside with a shirt and get a tan at the same time.

Im back at the gym now for 3 months, and Im pretty sure I made more gains in 3 months of gym than 1 year of calisthenics.

Moral of the story, if youre fine with having a toned, small, ottermode body and you really like calisthenics then go for it. If you wanna get big and make as much gains as possible then stay in the gym

I know I know. I ran out and have been too lazy to pick up more. Luckily tomorrow after the gym I'm grabbing more so I'm hoping to get back on track.

Try yourself*

>thinks he needs protein powder to get gains
Goddamn, you're dumb.

LIFT
EAT
SLEEP
GAINS!

THAT is what you need. Stop being such a goddamned faggot. PROTEIN POWDER IS A MEME.

B-but I notice a difference between when I do have my drink and when I don't..

ok. but can you do
-front lever
-back lever
-lever pull ups
-one arm pull ups
-slow muscle up
-handstands
-cross
-maltese
-planche

i'm primarily a lifter but doing the actual gymanstics moves is hard as shit. your back will ache in place you never thought possible.

i'm about to do some heavy squats and finish my workout with frog stands. last time i did that my traps were tired as shit.

I was able to do like half of that list at the end. And I was working towards the rest. But I decided to drop it and go back to the gym.

Like I said, at first you might feel ache in places you never used before, and you can make some noob gains again for a short while, but your body will adapt, and even those moves will no longer really challenge you. Thats why its also common knowledge to switch up your routine every now and then and not do the same exercises for years.

Granted doing all those advanced gymnastic moves is impressive, and will sculpt your body in a different kind of way. But if you wanna get big and swole lifting is a better option, at least in my experience

I mainly do calisthenics and heres my take on this.
If you dont enjoy them and your goals dont involve doing moves like listed in then dont even bother. Just go to a gym. If your goal is to gain mass and you dont care for advanced calisthenic moves then dont even bother.

like i said, i'm primarily a lifter. with advanced lifts. but my point is people vastly underestimate the strength needed to do the advanced moves. i can tell my forearms are going to grow like fuck with all this pulling.

To be honest I think it depends on genetics. If youre a naturally big guy, you could get pretty shredded doing calisthenics. But if youre a skelly with a small frame, please dont bother, youll never grow

Well yeah if you add some calisthenics moves in your lifting routine it could be beneficial. But one should never do calisthenics only if the goal is to gain mass

Look up how gymnastics look and see if you'd be good with that. They do calisthenics professionally and are the best of the world at it.

Weighted calesthetics (chin ups, dips) bulds resonable amount of muscle.
Leg raises are good for your abs.
Not many other pros
Other than that

>implying they havent been doing this since they were a kid
>implying you cant build the same amount of mass most of them have 10x faster by lifting
>implying professional gymnasts never used some kind of doping in their life

Nah, if one wants to look like one of those gymnasts, theyre still better off going to the gym

Oh and to prove my point

Do you really think this guy is natty?

Gymnasts are usually short and have been training since childhood.
>not many other pros
The relative strength and body control cannot be gained by anything else. To do advanced moves small muscle groups must be extremely strong. Like how a planche uses your posterior delts to hold your entire bodyweight. Its not something that cant be practiced with weights.

Competitive gymnasts also do weight training though.

Yes.
6 months of SS+and 8 months of PPL all it takes

le redpill XD