225 Bench

I'm fairly new to lifting, but I've finally hit 225 pound for 1 rep on the bench, after 4 month of semi-serious lifting..
How long did it take for you to reach the 225? And do you have any good advice for gaining some srs stronk-gains

I've been lifting for 2 years and I've never hit it.

We're all gonna make it, brah

this.

maybe around 5 months for 3x5. my bench progress really slowed down at around 90-95kg and making bench gains has been a grind ever since.

I hit 90 last week, 95 two days ago and 100 just now.. I was stuck at around 80 tho for a couple weeks, but then i switched my chest routine and shit went booming

What did you switch

after about 3 years, starting from skelly mode, i hit 225 for 3 sets of smooth doubles, feels good men, also i ohp more than 95 percent of my gym at 155x5 so that also feels good men

One month of lifting in a garage with plastic plates filled with sand, that weighed 16.7kg and a 4kg bar that was hollow (still held up ~140kg of plates just fine).

So I literally benched 225 the first time I came into a gym.

Took me 4 years to bench 140kg, though, but 150kg came a month later. Pros of a proper bulk, I guess.

I did this the other day. Felt like a man let king. And then some faggot who's like 5 inches taller than me comes up

>"good work user, are you done with your set?"
>"s-sure let me just wipe the bench real quick."
>fucker puts an extra pl8 on each side
>"thanks user"
>goes at his normal 3x5

Why even bother?

>2 pl8 bench
>1 month of lifting
You must have the best genetics of all time when it comes to benching,you can write your name to history with golden letters man.
but oh wait you are lying on Veeky Forums.

Not the same user but took me just under 2 months from when I started working out. But, I was at least able to do more than 1 pl8 when I was in highschool and worked alot of jobs that require manual labor.

wtf are you taking? fat power?

lifting for 4 month im at 99. could only lift the bar at first

This means you have to increase more than 5 kg each week.
Wow man this thread filled with people with great genetics it feels fucking bad.

It took me like 5 years to get 1 rep with 225, when i started i could only lift the bar 3x10. i was 5'11 and like weighed about 75kg, pure fat, absolutely no muscle. Now im 6'1, almost the same weight, 77-80kg. I have always had a shit bench, i think the most ive done is 225 for 6 reps .Been lifting 6yrs.

>Why even bother?

Because one day you will be that fucker, it also feels good when it happens in reverse.

>muhammed jumps onto the bench after I finish
>takes a pl8 of each side
>does half my reps

For all of you freaking out that a guy hit 225 in 4 months: bench press, like all lifts is heavily dependent on weight. Previous athletic ability also plays a role. A 6'3 guy weighing in at 190lbs with no athletic background will hit 225, which will probably end up a few pounds over body weight as those new lifter poons pack on, in a much shorter time than a 5'9 guy that weights 145. Even faster if he played sports prior.

I don't know why so many autists here think that all people lift the exact same regardless of size. It's like you guys think the baseline is genetic outliers like guys who are 150 and bench 3 pl8.

I bench 205 for 10 reps. I haven't benched lmao2plates for years because low-rep bench is for strongfats

Tfw i can bench 225 for 5+ reps but i can only squat 205x5

Op here, im 179 cm tall, I believe its 5"11.. and currently I'm at 75 kg, started at 58.. Not sure if good or bad.. I have skinny bones, and I've always been skeleton mode.. chicken legs for life

Whats the point of living with shit genetics then.
Why shouldnt I commit sudoku

this happens to me every single time. i'm currently working towards 4pl8 squat and in the past few months i have never seen anyone do anything over 2pl8

the day i hit 4pl8 i'll see people do 5pl8

average genetics =/= shit genetics

You should kill yourself, because it's not your genetics that the issue, it's you being a millennial hug box baby piece of shit with that attitude.

>projecting this much
>waste of trips
How do you know my genetics ?

>I don't know why so many autists here think that all people lift the exact same regardless of size.
nobody thinks that, but we're talking about a 2pl8 bench which is not that amazing. it's also assumed that you do what's necessary to get strong, which involves approaching a bodyweight that's appropriate for your height.

>hit 3x5 225
>AC joint area hurts, had to take a month off
Fucking kill me lads

2 months at 70kg bw

>Whats the point of living with shit genetics then.
>Why shouldnt I commit sudoku
>HOW DO YOU KNOW MY JANETICS
I don't retard, I'm just going of what you >implied
and fucking with you because the odds that you're a millenial are extremely high and the odds that you'd get ass ruptured being called one are even higher.

>nobody thinks that
Literally countless threads have been made where one person, shitposting or not, claims that everyone should hit 1/2/3/4 within a year and another person thinks everyone is lying or on steroids that hit 1/2/3/4 in a year.

80kg x5 after 8-9 months

gotta love being an ectomorph

TLDR: mesomorphs have it easier

Took me 9 months to get to 185 lbs and then it took me another 9 months to finally hit 225.

No faggot,you are just projecting.

About 2,5y, starting from skelly mode.

Fuck off retard.

>1 rep
Fucking trash
Why bother testing your 1RM with babbyweight

a whole year. Started at 95lbs

lmao i did 2plate for reps after a couple of weeks

weak genes brah

Few weeks.

But I'm a big guy.