Old one is dead one. Teehee

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TbR-BZi3NqI
billstarrr.blogspot.ca/2012/01/shoulder-rehab.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Best way to train these?
I just do Russian twists at the moment. Help me out Veeky Forums

Obliques I'm referring to.

Are cheat days once a week okay when cutting so long as you lose weight each week as per your plan?

My definition of a cheat day: Where no calories or counted but is not a binge fest either. Its like a day of... eating naturally.

>so long as you lose weight each week as per your plan?
yes, but that's hard to maintain. you're better off upping your daily allowance by 200 or whatever every day

first day on SS

i've done as the book says, start with the empty bar (except for deadlifts), add weight a little at a time while keeping good form, then do work sets with the highest weight that allows you to keep good form
my work sets were 65/40/100 kg (squat/bench/dead)

i feel like i definitely could have squatted and benched more than that, but my legs/arms started pushing a bit unevenly, causing the bar to sway a lot, especially on the bench, so i decided it'd be enough for the first day

are those numbers within the norm for a beginner?

how long should this work out take? i can't seem to get it below 3 hours

>Group 1: Legs and Bench Press
Squat 10X4
Incline bench 8x3
Hamstring curls 20x3
Bench 8X3

>Group 2: Back and Arms
Dead lift 6x4
Downward row 8x4
Curl-presses 6x4
Chin-ups 6x4

>Group 3: Shoulders, Core, and Cardio
Shoulder Fly to press 6x4
Weighted Sit-ups 20x3
Oblique stretches 20x3
Weighted Jog

I've been going to the gym for 3 years now. The problem is that due to lower back problems I never squatted nor deadlifted until 6 months ago. So I never did SS, but my bench is almost 225 x 5 @160lbs but my squat is 187 x 6 and deadlift is 242x6 (this numbers are from Lyle's generic bulking routine wich I've been doing). My question is if I should just stick with this program or hop on Texas Method (or a program that somebody suggests) because I'm clueless.

Thanks!

Eat just a tiny bit more calories than usual, but speaking about macros, make it almost all carbs for dat hormonal response. When cutting I do this once a week or two weeks.

Try doing more sets and less reps

>my squat is 187 x 6 and deadlift is 242x6
you got to that in six months? with how much did you start?

Bumping

does meal timing matter to build muscle? I like to eat most of my food before bed.

does food choice (clean and dirty foods) matter as long as I hit my macros to build muscle?

Pretty much empty bar, I've wanted to slowly progress since I wanted to make sure that my back wouldn't bother me again. Keep in mind that this squats are extremely ass to grass and leaving some reps in the tank. I think I can do 225x5 if I try hard

My gymbro had a bad accident at work a year ago, and messed up his shoulder pretty bad. His shoulder is still shit, and it will most likely not heal properly ever. He still comes to the gym and does the best he can, but he can't bench, and can't do deadllifts, and pretty much no shoulder exercises. He also had to give up bjj. He loved working out, it was his biggest hobby, and I can tell that he's getting really depressed now. What can I do for my friend? He was great support when I started working out, and I owe a lot of my success to him.

Anyone ever do 5/3/1? It doesn't seem like enough volume...and only benching once a week sounds odd coming from SL 5x5 and madcows

How do I perform an overhead dumbbell tricep extension without clonking myself on the head every now and then?

bump

Is it OK if I increase the weight on bench press but can't do a full report the first time? I could deload but I can do reps perfectly with less weight so

would it be ok to do compound exercises say on monday and then on tuesday do isolation with my hiit cardio?

pls respond

Whenever I specifically dumbell press(not bench) I feel pain in my left shoulder when I'm at the bottom of the movement. It feels like pinch and continues to hurt until I reach the top.

Is this a form problem?

>hormonal response
tell me more user, what is this?

I meant not barbell, not bench.

are phraks greyskull lp alright for aesthetics whilist focusing on linear progression?

I had this and it led to impingement. Switch to a chest exercise that doesn't hurt. I switched to barbell bench press

i had same asmy impingement was just caused by ohp, i thought in the beginning it was due to improper lateral raise form, found out it wasnt.
i just swapped out ohp for landmine presses, they work obliques nicely as well.

anyway, over with the blogpost, if it hurts, find a variant that doesnt, simple as that.

(dont confuse muscle soreness for joint pain)

I am completely unable to deadlift due to nerve damage in my lower back from a car accident a few years ago.
Is there any substitute for lower back work or am I completely fucked?

bent over rows hit the lower back a bit.
squats.
maybe you can even do sumo deadlifts, this way it applies less pressure on the lower back, look into it

Elbow pain while rackpulling, any reasons why I have it and is there a way to solve it?

thanks
I've had some success with hex bar deadlifts but I've been told they barely work your back at all

Ok, so I posted the picture above in the last /QTDDTOT/, got roasted but took it positively. Second picture is from today, is it okay now? Also, my back was a little bit sore after my sets in the picture below, is it because with the form in the first picture I wasn't/was barely training my lower back compared to a 'normal' deadlift? Thanks

yeah that looks good

Continuing my struggle with getting the deadlift right. I'm finding it very difficulult to engage the hamstrings, and sometimes I only feel like one of my hanstrings is loaded.

I also feel like I'm really struggling to identify when my back angle has fallen out of the optimal position, my only indicator is the slight pain I feel once I'm inot the position, even though I think that my body is moving from through the correct motions this isn't the case. Any help with becoming more aware of my body's position?

Meal timing is utterly meaningless. It doesn't matter at all when you eat

Macros are the only thing that matters, but it'd be good to supplement your diet with vegetables to get your micronutrients. If you're bulking you're eating enough such that counting macros doesnt really matter; you just need to get enough calories and protein

Is incline an okay substitute to bench for beginners?

this is what I'm wondering. This nfl player here can do 3pl8 lunges and 4.5 pl8 squats. He's doing hexbar deadlift with 7pl8? Hex bar is okay or not? I did it high school for deadlift max...yeah we used hex for that shit in high school and my stats were pretty much the same

if u are phsyically unable to do bench press, yeah sure.
otherwise i would say try to do bench as it is really good

How many more calories would you suggest I add if in going to the gym a second time today to just lift weights?

I ask because I'm on a lean bulk, thanks in advance.

currently doing pic related. Gyms are closed this thursday, an it's my B day. How should I work around this?

Do it on Friday lol

My dorms gym downstairs doesn't have
a bench so my only choices are incline bench or a press machine.

Hex bar deads hit your back hard if you approach it like a normal dead and actually bend over. If you do it upright like a squat then they don't as much.

And just skip the rest day between days B and C this week?

How did the first one not hit your back hard? That's pretty much all back

DYEL. That's a hamstring pull

I'm confused, which days do you usually go to the gym and how does thanksgiving get in the way?

Never mind I get what you're saying. No don't skip the rest day. I understand that that fucks up next week as you'll have to shift everything over by a day. The week after that you'd be back to your usual schedule. If you can't afford to shift next weeks schedule then just skip c day

how do i make a girl who has a crush on me into fwb? dont want to be a twat to her or get a creeps reputation.

Any tips for my upcoming cut? Should I rather decrease on fats or carbs?

"I'm that gorilla dick nigga, I make dyke pussy wet"

Are my lifts proportionate?

OHP - 32.5kg
Bench - 45kg
Row - 60kg
Squat - 80kg
Deadlift - 105kg

Switch it up. On lifting days decrease fat while keeping carbs up and on rest days do the opposite

this, doing one or the other only will fuck with you, especially if you just lower fat

You're a beginner so you don't really need to worry about that kind of thing yet

Eventually your bench should surpass your row

Alright, i'm rowing 3 times a week and only benching twice max so maybe that's the reason, my bench was higher than my row before though

Well you should be only benching twice a week at most cuz you'll be alternating it with your ohp lol

ICF 5x5 says to do CGBP at the end of your OHP days but I'm scared of failing a lift and getting stuck under the bar. I read a couple of articles which stated that your triceps fail more abruptly during CGBP than any other bench variation. I might just buckle down and go for it this week, starting with light weight.

How much grams of fat should I aim for?

Guys, I'm doing 5/3/1 and on OHP day, I'm on the 3rd week and I'm supposed to do 95%x1+. I did it for 5 reps, do I increase by 5kg my training max seeing as I did 5 reps? Thanks.

Depends on your stats but I personally would never go below 70g in fear of developing ED or fucking up my endocrine system

What's the best time to go to the gym during normal hours after work to avoid people? i.e. 6pm - 11pm?

>never go below 70g of fat

what?
How much do you weigh?

I was looking at roasted and salted peanuts (like the party snacks), expecting shitload of oil and salt in them. The ingredients say 96% peanuts, peanut oil and salt. And salt is 1,5 g per 100 g of product. I expected them to be far worse. Are all like these or is it this particular brand that looks almost edible?

thoughts on date palm?

Phrak or GS for women's aesthetics?

okay thank you, but I thought that muscle protein synthesis is maximised by eating protein regularly rather than all at once

ive been diagnosed with infectious mononucleosis, wat do?

Is there anything I can do to get bigger wrists?

phrak is a variant of gs, wadda u mean?
anyways, lets say you meant phrak greyskull lp.
no i think that is more geared towards male aesthetics (depending on your goals)

for female aesthetics i would honestly think something like SS or SL would be optimal

could someone please post the barbell girlfriend meme?

I've got two:

Does it somehow lower my muscle gainz if I go to bed very hungry?

Does the amount of water matter when you're making a protein shake? I don't like sweet things too much and I'd gladly put 4 scoops in a liter of water.

Yes sorry for the confusion, and thankyou

1. no, doesnt matter if you go to bed hungry, what matters is how long you are fasted/how little kcals you are getting.

2. doesnt matter, why the fuck would it?

sorry if i soundend rude, the questions was just plain stupid

>talking with mom
>she did meme workouts when she was in college
>so you work out now, huh? say, how much do you squat?
>uh 160 kg for five reps
>WHAT? 60 KG??? THAT'S WAY TOO MUCH, YOU'LL BUST YOUR KNEES AND BACK!
>why don't you just do 30 kg for 10 reps instead?

np, and another thing. assuming you want a big ass and what else girls wants, i would suggest going for a higher rep range, the lower side of 8 is really only going to give strength, aaaand a little hypertrophy.

anyways, maybe try searching for some female programs, im pretty sure female and male programs arent the same

So after a 14 months of training, I have finally taken my first rest week. I have got an impingement in my right shoulder 2-3 times in the past few months and my lifts have been stalling/decreasing no matter how much I eat and sleep. Tomorrow will be the first day back to the gym so I was wondering how heavy I should go with the weights.

you could deload on the lifts that causes the impingepment and then slowly adding the weights back on (we are talking about a 2.5lbs increase every workout on those lifts) until you are back at your normal weight.

i had a shoulder impingement as well, i didnt workout for a month, it went away completely.
then i started working out again and it started to hurt slightly.
i figured out it was my ohp that hurt my shoulder.
therefore i swapped ohp for landmine presses, they work it kinda similar but they dont hurt AT ALL, as long as you go in a controlled manner.

tl;dr try to swap exercises for others to see if it helps otherwise go down in weight and start light.

doing 115kg bench for reps now, sore right shoulder since a couple weeks back, seems like bench is the culprit

it doesn't hurt, just sore, should i lay off for a while? lower weight? don't wanna fuck up my shoulder any more. pretty sure my form is correct and that i'm just lifting too heavy for my rotator cuffs liking

don't be neurotic, just take another rest day and continue as you would the next day. people make the mistake of trying to squeeze in multiple full body workouts in a row in an effort to keep their progression constant, but that's just greedy.

carb cycling + timing tends to work the best

this user () has the right idea. as for how much carbs/fat, you have to experiment and see what works for you desu. it's not really a cookie cutter thing, as it depends on movement levels, insulin sensitivity, etc. look up leangains, berkhan basically packaged carb cycling + timing with intermittent fasting and made it 'mainstream', but it's nothing new, and you can find plenty of info about it online (i suggest lyle mcdonald).

height/weight and max press (for however many reps)? you might be better off using something with a faster progression.

google your gym + location and usually it will show a bar graph for peak times. avoid exercising too close to sleep time, however, it tends to keep a lot of people up.

desu peanuts are a pretty low quality food in general, and pre prepared stuff is usually best avoided.

>Is there anything I can do to get bigger wrists?

listen to your doctor, and rest a lot.

>Is there anything I can do to get bigger wrists?

cant increase bone size, but you can increase the size of your forearms/grip strength. don't worry about shit like genetics too much, there is usually a way around every sort of "limitation" like that.

>Does it somehow lower my muscle gainz if I go to bed very hungry?

are you eating enough protein? how low is your calorie deficit?

>Does the amount of water matter when you're making a protein shake? I don't like sweet things too much and I'd gladly put 4 scoops in a liter of water.

are you having any digestion issues? otherwise it's personal preference.

also, do facepulls after every press day(horisontal and vertical press day)
3x10 pretty light weight, should be able to control the weight 110%

do external shoulder cable rotations before EVERY workout, VERY VERY light, shouldnt fatigue the shoulder.
3x8 for each arm

these two corrective exericses has helped me a shitload

anyone? please?

So I've heard that getting a tan can increase muscle definition. Are there any other ways of increase muscle definition?

What are the best nuts/seeds, and which ones should be avoided?

WORKING OUT

drop the bench right now before you fuck your shit up. seriously, you do NOT want to be plagued by shoulder injuries for the rest of your lifting career.

what is your height/weight? current training program? goals?

>pretty sure my form is correct and that i'm just lifting too heavy for my rotator cuffs liking
it's more than this, but i can't tell you until i get further info.

good:
all nuts and seeds

bad:
all nuts and seeds

too many, u got fucked, too little, u got fucked, be wise

Oh wow I never would've guessed!

then dont fucking ask

this is decent advice, but you guys are forgetting the most important thing here - we don't know how he trains, and what kind of mobility work he's been doing.

you can do all the face pulls in the world, and switch exercises, deload, etc., but if you have reduced ROM from previous injuries, and your pressing work is predominantly horizontal... with an imbalanced ratio of heavy pulling work, you will end up with injuries again

yeah i reckon i should just lay off the shoulder until it's completely healed, decrease weight then progress more carefully

height is 5'9 / 176cm, no idea what my weight is atm, probably around 90kg / 200lbs

program is pic related, my short term goal is to drop some weight, my long term goal is to get strong as fuck

stats @ 3x5:
bench 115kg
OHP 72,5kg
squat 147,5kg
dl 160kg

i did bench again today and i felt my shoulder getting a bit worse, still doesn't hurt, but i can sort of see where this is going at the current rate

I'm a former fat fuck who dropped to sort of fat fuck with alot of work. Now I wanna go one step beyond and eat right so I can achieve my final form. Will canned vegetables be suitable or will It have to be fresh?

true shit.
i was just assuming he was doing something near 1:1 pull push (or even 1.5:1, which i believe is optimal) and had decent ROM

fresh>frozen>canned
its not THAT bad, say compared to a cheeseburger they are infinites better.

doesn't matter

Doesn't really matter, but check the sodium content in canned veggies. Frozen is better than canned IMO.

I start each upper work out with a 5 minute shoulder warm up of banded over and backs and pull aparts. As for my actual work out I alternate between a pressing and pulling motion and never hit the same muscle group twice in a row.

what's the feet on bench stuff about?

youtube.com/watch?v=TbR-BZi3NqI

that's really impressive for 3x5

keep doing the program if you're making gains and enjoy it, don't feel pressured to move onto something more complex - however, you need to completely drop horizontal pressing until your shoulder heals.

try and see if you can press overhead without any pain, and make sure there aren't any glaring problems with mobility when you're pressing with moderately challenging weights (please get a video from all angles so you can make a proper judgement). if you can, you're in luck.

read this and follow it: billstarrr.blogspot.ca/2012/01/shoulder-rehab.html

im not sure of the exact protocol as i haven't read it, but starr's low back rehab was fucking brilliant, and the man knew his shit.

and please please make sure you're doing your mobility work regularly. every competitive athlete knows how important maintaining ROM is through training cycles (especially when you're adding size - you will always lose ROM, no questions about it), but often lifters take this for granted and end up with a plethora of issues. you're fucking strong for a novice, and you're going to keep getting stronger... so it is absolutely imperative that you do this correctly.