Hey Veeky Forums, redpill me on yoga...

Hey Veeky Forums, redpill me on yoga. Does it really have all of the benefits it claims like weight loss and increased strength and enlightened mind? What is the best kind of yoga. Is Western yoga fake yoga?

Other urls found in this thread:

chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2012/09/its-time-to-stop-mocking-indians-for.html?zx=21f0869b60adc218
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2012/09/its-time-to-stop-mocking-indians-for_30.html
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2012/11/its-time-to-stop-mocking-indians-for.html
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2012/11/its-time-to-stop-mocking-indians-for_885.html
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2013/01/its-time-to-stop-mocking-indians-for.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>weight loss
Nope.
>increased strength
Hell no.
>enlightened mind
No.

It can be good for relaxation but that's about it.

It really depends, I got most into ashtanga yoga. I would call yoga a mild form of cardio, a decent bodyweight exercise, and a great help for balance and flexibility.

If you're just starting out with exercise it's good for the first few months to build up muscles, then you'll want weights. After that it's a great supplementary exercise to do on off days.

The problem is that it's as boring as sin.

It's stretching plus gimmicks.

Just stretch.

Ashtanga yoga has been the most powerful tool against my depression I've ever tried. It also gives you flexibility, core strength, and is very relaxing. Everyone should do yoga

It's great if you have an open mind to it

been doing yoga for over two years now. It kicks ass. Puts me in the zen state much like martial arts.

> Good stretch
> nice girl
> cardio

what's there not to like?

I don't know about that stuff but I take about half an hour every morning to stretch and shit.
Feels awesome and I'm fitter over the day. It's also fun to impress people with how flexible you are.

Yoga fixed my squat form.

You want to make mind gains start meditating. Yoga is amazing for relieving stress and avoiding injury in the gym or sports. Best stretch you'll ever get in your life. Also improves your posture.

it's mostly just a fancy way to stretch, but some of the positions are a bit more active so it can be almost like some bodyweight exercises. they help you with form a bit, and there's girls in leggings so could be worth

have you done yoga before?

It greatly improves all your core muscles and flexibility.

Anyone who still has the mentality that yoga sucks hasn't done it properly. You may be in a yoga class with different types of people but it really comes down to yourself with how much intensity you want to add in the session. Instead of copying what everyone else is doing but putting that little extra in makes a huge difference.

hvor er du simon

this lmao

>yoga
>relaxation

pick one when i'm doing a level 22 vinyasa flow and sweat is pouring down my face and i'm cramping in my groin and my abs while the 9/10 blonde next to me is staring at me like a disgusting lmaozeromobility tinman faggot

her

Tried doing it for a while for increased flexibility and proper stretching to help me lift better.

But its just so goddamn boring. "hold this position for 5 minutes". Nigga I dont have the patience for that shit

will this help me achieve front and side splits

simon henter hash, så du lyver din rovbandit

nei simon har sluttet

hold din kæft din mongolabe

et drit din kamelåse

yoga is essential to being an ubermensch male

i did it for a semester. combined with all the lifting and intellectual pursuits i was involved in, yoga was the perfect supplement. best method of meditation with many health benefits.

i'd get high with this girl from class and then go to yoga. the yoga would be on a new level but so would the sex after. in fact that whole semester was so great the whole way through. once it ended it got less great, and it's probably because i stopped doing yoga.

Need to improve your patience gainz.
Do 5 sets of 60 seconds, add 10sec every workout until you achieve a 5min 1 rep max.
/Starting Zength

Yoga develops muscles you didn't know you had. Great supplement to lifting

What's that term for being able to know what position your body's in without looking? Kinesthetic sense? idk
But it's really good for that. Develops a real consciousness for what all your muscles are doing.

Bingo.
Depending on whet your flow is, you could be just doing a stretching session, a bodyweight warmup to get limber for heavier weights, or a cooldown.

Between this and selected isolations to get me more aware of problem areas, it really helps in building a foundation for form. Meditation is a benefit, because if you don't know how to do that yet it's murder learning it under a heavy squat.

I do it at home , so no girls. However, our local "Happy Hippie" market has yoga magazines at the checkout. I regularly get asked, "You do yoga?!?!", which gets a better result than being the autistic perv at the back of a class

It helps coordination if you want to probe blind spots. It can range from stretching to light calisthenics as power level rises.

If you think yoga is hard then don't even step into the fucking gym

This.

>Hey Veeky Forums, redpill me on yoga.
It's can be very beneficial if properly practiced and in ancient times was pretty damn cool
>Does it really have all of the benefits it claims like weight loss and increased strength and enlightened mind?
It can if your serious and it's not taught by weed smoking hippies
>What is the best kind of yoga.
The non bullshit kind
>Is Western yoga fake yoga?
Sometimes yes, but there is good western yoga
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2012/09/its-time-to-stop-mocking-indians-for.html?zx=21f0869b60adc218
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2012/09/its-time-to-stop-mocking-indians-for_30.html
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2012/11/its-time-to-stop-mocking-indians-for.html
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2012/11/its-time-to-stop-mocking-indians-for_885.html
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2013/01/its-time-to-stop-mocking-indians-for.html

Well I feel relaxed and stuff.

Apart from that, there's a real benefit - balance. You're practicing all these positions that you would normally not do, so you'll be used to doing things that aren't about sitting down or standing straight.

So yoga is pretty gud but it's still an accessory

Weight lifting doesn't emphasize flexibility as much as yoga does

Flexibility is great but you'll sacrifice strength in the long run. I'm considering trying it one day, it's only been 8 years of procrastination.

>redpill me
gtfo pill-popping /pol/esmoker