Callus' preventing max gains

Do u let biology run its course or do you take action and remove them, allowing the vulnerable layers of skin to surface. I stopped deadlifts half way thru set this morning because its just too sore

Get some gloves ya dingus

after a while my skin got a lot thicker where they usually formed. now i can still see them but they not an issue anymore

I rub vitamin e into mine, seems to help until deadlift day rips em to shit again, rinse repeat

and spend my days with boyish hands? wrong answer

thanks for responding, thats kinda the answer i was looking for. Did u use any methods to get rid of the dead skin on top? iv seen scooby use little cutters but fuck that.

I let mine rip and tear off the dead skin allowing new calluses to form on the old ones.

thats interesting, I had been researching for about half an hour before this post and never read that anywhere.

what causes them to rip? mine seem to just get more white and puffy until it stings to lift the barbell.

I have been told the bar should rest lower in your hands, and haven't had any problems with callouses after doing that. Like, the bar should be on your fingers, not in a death grip - thumb reaching to first knuckle not past it.

ok thanks, I assume this only applies to deadlift? seems dangerous in other exercises

They rip while lifting. Ill just help them come off and the process just repeats. I also have dry skin from working with boxes all day so callous are quick to form again.

I let mine build up and then trim them off with a razor/knife/teeth. First time back doing deadlifts/kettlebells hurts a bit but not that bad.

They are nice and chewy.

i bet you're not even lying, that's fucking disgusting you cunt

Yes, since there is no risk of your wrists bending while DLing you can keep it further from your wrists. For bench etc you want to keep everything more stable to avoid injuries. You should probably check for some youtube videos of grips for different stuff if you aren't sure just to be safe man. Good luck!

thank you so much, that is good advice.

nope. i don't do anything about them. like i said, i still see them but they are under my fresh skin layer and the skin there is much darker in color, thicker/has more layers than usual

pussy

get some gloves, I don't want grown men to cry in my gym

the bar position in your hands should be different for pressing and pulling movements, in pressing movements you want it to be resting on the bone of your forearms basically while on pulling motions it should be more lying in your fingers like the other user described

In the mean time, use this every few days while in the shower. It costs about a buck and there is NO reason not to use one. Pumice stone works as well, but it isnt easy to rinse and skin bits may stay in the pores and begin to rot/mold because of the wetness.

Hurr hurr muh hands bleeding every week is a sign of manliness.

Alright mate, easy. Are you telling me you don't even bite your toenails or eat your boegie?.

>Stopped because of a little pain

never gonna make it

You're gripping the bar wrong.
>no I totally don't
Yeah you do. I grip the bar the right way and my calluses are biggest on my first and second knuckle of the fingers. They're pretty much non existant on my palm. You're just retarded.

Use a decent grip, dingus.

I was having this shit because of deadlifting, but after adjusting my grips, it stopped. Watch Rippetoe's video on pulling grip.

Calluses are made to help, you are using them wrong

pick em ocashionaly power thru i never understood callouses hurting it will be fine i got em all over my feet and hands never even notice unless i look at em tell people who dont have them they have girls hands and these are the product of hard work

Just scrape them down or cut them off. No big deal.