Male pattern baldness

Lets talk about baldness. Why is it that people wait way too long before treating their hair loss? It seems to me, more often than not, that men convince themselves that there is some other cause to their hair loss and delay medical help.

Anyone here notice their hair loss early and take action?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4017725/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>take action

Well you have 3 options

You take an oral that has a 1% chance of breaking your dick forever

You rub a topical which also breaks your dick

You put yourself on a waitlist for an implant surgery

Option 4, just buzz it bro

>You rub a topical which also breaks your dick
What?

Probably minoxidil.

Hes talking about rogaine, which has a 0% chance to break your dick. Just hypochondriac fags who are looking for something to blame.

many people claim they got ED but if you know better go for it it is inconsequential to me either way

>*many people on internet forums

Cite studies please. On a personal note, I've used it for years and never had a problem.

real men accept their hair loss and either cut or shave their hair appropriately

rubbing chemicals on your skull is for faggots

This last year my head has been itchy, lots of dandruff and I think I'm losing more hair than before. Mom made me sleep with an oil that she didn't realize was meant to be washed off like a shampoo, so that made it way worse.

What should I do? I'm paranoid about medical treatments due to having experienced side-effects from them before.

There is literally no way to treat baldness.
You can only stop it from getting worst at the cost of eventual side effects or you can get a hair transplant where they remove hair from one place and move it to another.

Neither is a good choice, accept your baldness user.

t. hairlet

If you're balding it means you're genetically inferior and you should take yourself out of the gene pool

Preach it user, not everyone has long luscious locks like us right?

Exactly.

Hair > no hair is true for 95% of people

That fat cunt would look like even more of a twat if he were balding

t. man who's hair has gone beyond the point of no return.

I've been balding since 16. It's dogshit desu.

>Minoxidil didn't do shit
>Fin gave me sides

I've just ordered a batch of RU58841 so that I can hold on to what I've got until Brotzu releases his shit.

Meh, on the other hand I think doctors jump too quickly to prescriptions.

Live healthier.

Scalp problems contribute to hair loss.

>It's just a mature hairline, bro
>It's just a nutrient deficiency, bro
>Just rub some pumpkin seed on your scalp, bro
>Just stop using shampoo bro

>Scalp problems contribute to hair loss.

>I-its just muh vitamins
>maybe if I massage my scalp muh hair will come back

Please.

pls help

It's bad for your heart though.

It's just genetics.
You can't do shit about it.

Opinions on hair transplant?

>You can't do shit about it

Not true. Bullshit lies like this are what cause people to ignore problems they can otherwise treat.

It's expensive and you have to keep doing it.

How fucked up is your shit? A hair transplant is a pretty desperate final attempt to save hair. There are much better options, pics?

A hair transplant past NW4 will just results in a 10K$ comb-over.

And you have to be on Fin for the rest of your life, if you get sides later down the road you're fucked.

>seeking medical treatment for something that is perfectly normal

what is self esteem, for 10k?

you need lots of dosh. If your face is ugly get botox/cosmetic surgery first then do hair transplants. A cute bald guy is better than shrek with a fuccboi haircut

You*re right, it is natural. But it doesn't look good. If theres something you can do to stop it, it seems natural to try to do so.

True, you can even increase your height by subjecting yourself to painful and expensive surgery, but is it really worth it?
If you think you look like shit as a bald man, you probably look like shit with a full head of hair. If you think our life sucks, there's a long list of things you need to fix before you can worry about your hair, which you're going to lose anyway.

>but is it really worth it

by all accounts, yes

>painful and expensive surgery

Comparing hair loss treatments to leg surgery. Talk about false equivalencies

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4017725/
Saw palmetto, going to start taking 2000mg-3000mg throughout the day.
Pumpkin seed oil, going to take 2000mg-3000mg a day.
Plan on jumping on fin but cutting the pills in smaller doses.

If I can prevent going bald for at least another 5-10 years I'll be happy.

If your gonna eat expensive vitamins for the next 5-10 years to save your hair, just fucking hop on finasteride. It'll be cheaper and does what those two supplements do but orders of magnitude better.

>expensive vitamins
It's $20 for both pumpkin seed oil and saw palmetto. Enough for a few weeks.

No reason to not use both.

I don't know man, seems dubious. 20 bucks for a few weeks versus 20 bucks for a few months. That's not to say I don't think PSO works. It effects dht and shit. But if it's something you plan on doing long term it might get pricey.

That's fine. I'm going to try it for half a year and go from there. My hair is worth the extra money and hope.

I hear you. Those "just shave it bro" idiots have no idea of the true cost of losing ones hair.

Agreed. I understand where they're coming from, but I'm in my early 20s. I'm more than happy to shave it later in life, but just give me my 20s at least. Mine isn't that noticeable but I'm not going to stay in denial till it's too late.

What are the symptoms brahs?

I am really self conscious about muh hair

You'll just know. Receeding hairline, thinning crown, hair isn't as thick.
Go in a bathroom under florescent lighting and you'll find out real quick if you're balding or not.

i´ve always had very fine hair since childhood, am i fucked?

i have a hairline and hair on my head but still..its my biggest fear desu

Your hair gets limp, direct light on your hairline makes it almost transperant, the hairs you do lose look small and frail etc etc. these are the EARLY signs. Don't deny them until you look like Brendan Frazier.

No. But if you start seeing signs don't stay in denial and take action ASAP.
Again, you'll know the signs once you see them.

>You take an oral that has a 1% chance of breaking your dick forever
proven false

Thank you user, I will

shut the fuck up

>There are much better options
like what? Im not even balding yet, just looking for the solutions in the future

see
Take fin or those supps.

This. It's not the hair loss that'll get you. It's the denial until it's too late to prevent it. If you take a look at forums and she you'll see people who left their shit too late and fucked themselves.

Look at this poor fucker I found on the Reddit hairloss forum just now, pic related.
Here's what he said
>How bad is it? Im really fucking scared. I dont want to loose my hair,

Bitch, you should have been saying that 3-4 years ago and you could have left with your hair completely intact today.

He still has a chance if he hops on fin now and possibly mox as well.
Poor sap though, hardcore denial.

He'd need to be a good responder to recover completely from that. Best he can hope for is so,e density on top and no further receding. His temples probably will never come back.

Dont listen to this retard

I dont like to talk about it because im afraid to jinx it, but finasteride has worked wonders for me, I have more hair than a year ago when I started and it seemeed to have stopped thinning and itching

I lose some pussy hunger when I'm on it (tested being off a couple times), but who cares, I can get hard just the same and it's not like I'm actually going to be with a girl anyway

>minox breaks your dick
>you have to be on fin forever to maintain a hair transplant
>FUE being ultra expensive
>just rub all these herbs on your hair bro, I've clearly stumbled upon the secret of the millennium

With all this disinformation, I feel we should make a proper sticky outlining the exact role of DHT and it's genetic relation to hair loss along with viable options given how often we have these threads.

It is natural for people to get cancer, does that mean I shouldn't seek medical treatment?

Information I've gotten off this board.

>saw palmetto pills
>pumpkin seed oil
>biotin
>minoxidil
>hair transplant
>fin

I'm trying the first 3, later on including minoxidil. If not fuck fin and hair transplant.... Anyone have any luck trying to the top 3?

Honestly i'm going to take some PSO and Saw Palmetto for 12 weeks and if my shit still isn't getting better i'm just gonna buzz it and by then by beard will be full-on better than dan bilzerian's anyway

But i'm still gonna blast until i'm heavy enough for classic physique
I suspect I may have 6 months to a year left before I have to shave my head but who knows, either way i'm only 20 and I have a good face and i'm paying for college in cash (won a settlement)

God didn't create me to be a rotter, hair or no hair, I was born for this boyos

According to rumored studies, PSO is actually more effective than FIN, and INCREASES libido and sex drive rather than damaging it

PSO sounds like the truth to me but who knows

I take Test Freak in lieu of ZMA, contains saw palmetto.

Im not balding or worried about hair but is that good? My supplements contain anti-aromatose minerals or compounds, is there a way to limit the binding of DHT naturally?

>Guys i-if you just take these pills that only work for certain people and waste thousands of dollars moving the hairs on your ass crack to the top of your head FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE
>Pumpkin seed oil
>Scalp massages
>G-guys theres new drugs coming that's gonna fix everything I swear.
This shit is madness and you know it. Just fucking accept reality and cut your hair low/bald. Attentiveness lies in bone structure and facial features. If you look good, you look good. With or without hair. This is the real problem. Most of you are ugly as sin and you just now realise it because you can't hide your weak features with trendy haircuts. 70% of men experience MPB. 70 fucking percent. It's basically just a fact of nature. Then again, I'm on Veeky Forums, one of the lowest self-esteem, "please have sex with me" communities in existence. You're ugly, you're dying, and there's nothing you can do about it. Just let it go.

Even this asshole mast on here recommends it. I've looked it up and ppl say it works. So Ima try taking all 3 and hopefully it works.

I have a bottle of FIN I bought a while ago but never had enough balls to take it.
I'd rather be bald than even take a 1% chance of having my nice thick dick shrink, lose my sex drive, etc etc...

Not worth it imo.
Maybe just minoxidil, PSO, and SP, but even minoxidil is just stupid to me.
What girl is going to want to be with a guy so insecure that he has to rub shit in his head twice a day every day for the rest of his life to possibly not lose hair?

Versus what girl is going to care if you take these herbal supplements every day?

Simply popping some herbal pills to me > fin or minoxidil

Women put on make up everyday, lying to themselves.They have there insecurities, We have ours. It's kinda hard to be honest going bald, I get it nobody else cares about our hair, but we do. If there's some bs that might work.... Then Ima try it. Not fin or hair transplant, I'd rather have my dick than hair.

A couple of things bug me with that study though.

First they say in the Discussion that Saw palmetto in another study showed a 38% reported increase in hair growth and it was actually more efficient than Finasteride. If you actually read the referenced study it clearly states "The results showed that only 38% of patients treated with Serenoa repens had an increase in hair growth, while 68% of those treated with finasteride noted an improvement. Moreover finasteride was more effective for more than half of the patients (33 of 50, i.e. 66%), with level II and III alopecia."

My second note is that it was funded by a south korean company named Dreamplus Co., Ltd. From what I found, they produce natural health products.

The Pumpkin seed oil used in the study is Octa Sabal Plus, made by a south korean lab.

Possible conflict of interests? I dunno, I'd need to see more studies supporting PSO's efficacy for AGA

Get a 2% ketoconazol shampoo, use it 2 times a week. Some Denorex RX may also help with the itching. You'l get a nice clean scalp again without assraping your hormones.

But it's natural. They say you can just eat the seeds and it'll help.

Okay, I'll give it a shot if the treatment I'm on now doesn't work. It has something called zinc pyrithione in it that was supposedly good, but I'm on week 2 now and not much is different. I already finished a treatment with a shampoo containing salcylic acid that was supposed to fix it and that didn't work and I've tried a bunch of those natural treatments with eggs, olive oil and all that but that also didn't work, so I'm really frustrated at this point.

Hopefully I won't lose my hair because of something so stupid.
I hate putting all this weird stuff in my hair.

I'm worried when I look up ketoconazole side effects and it's a bunch of stuff including hair loss, but if I don't do anything my scalp problems might mess up my hair too, so I just don't know anymore.

Im not ugly per se but I have a small head, having a decent amount of hair makes me look a lot better than when I buzz it really low

fin for life and im ok with it, its practical and cheap

>practical and cheap

Just like your mom.

Ketoconazole doesn´t give hairloss. That shit grows it extra hard actually. It also kills of yeasts which give an itchy unhealthy skin and are linked to male patern baldness.

Ive noticed it, just been in denial for about a year. Thanks for the ake up call man

So you just go to the doctor, tell him you're balding and want fin, and that's it?
I feel like I'm already too late. Was in denial for a bit but now it's obvious once I took a picture of my crown.

Stop complaining.

I'm a woman and my hair is falling out because of hormonal problems. I'll probably have to shave my head soon. And then gas tank.
Bald men are 100% normal, bald women aren't. That's some luck you have there.

daily reminder hair transplants wont make up for your shit faciael aesthetics and lack of game

BETA
E
T
A

why can't every man just be as alpha as this?

this

its funny we live in a world where you can transplant a heart but none of the rich fags ordered to make a treatment for baldness

Good thing men are much more forgiving when it comes to physical shortcomings among women.

Bald men in their 20's are practically non-sexual entities.

At least you can get sympathy and get away with wearing a wig.

Haha fagget you are balding

then fix your hormones

men cant just fix their DHT without assraping their testosterone

if you have too much dht then you prolly have too much test too

>Shave
>Put on a wig
>No one will give you shit because you're a woman
>Doesn't stop you from fucking men
>If you have a nice headshape you can pull off bald
You can even say you purposely shaved bald so you can wear wigs easier as a hobby or something stupid.

We do have viables options but nobody wanna hear it. DHT binds strongly to the androgen receptor (wich in hair, cause hair-loss). Block that androgen receptor with a topical anti-androgen (RU58841) and you will keep your hair.

was it THAT complicated retards?

>rape victim
>alpha

You'll know straight away man.

I knew the day it started happening. Your hair takes on a different quality, very dry and dead feeling. When you shampoo you'll notice a LOT more hair coming out.

Started using Nizoral shampoo 3 times a week straight away. Made a difference and definitely slowed down the hair loss.
It actually completely stopped for a while but then started back up again at a slower pace.

Been on Proscar (Cheaper off brand version of Finasteride but is basically the same thing - 125 euro for 1 month of Fin vs 20 euro for 4 months of Proscar) for a month now.

Hair has improved in quality a little, noticed a difference this week.
Sides:
1) 4 days where it was very hard to get a boner, like I had to concentrate really fucking hard to get and keep one just this past weekend. This does happen from what I had read and is temporary for most so I just ignored it as best I could. Started working again as normal yesterday which was lucky because my fuck buddy came over...

2) Cum was very watery, seemed normal this morning.

Going to see how it goes.
If it doesn't work or the sides seem persistent I'm going to try Pumpkin Seed Oil and Saw Palmetto combo.

Anyone on finasteride atm? I'm on my third month and still seeing shedding, heard it can take up to a year before you see results.

>125 euro for 1 month of fin

where the fuck do you live dude? did you buy it without a prescription? I got like 2 years worth of fin for 8 euros

I'm like 6 weeks in on fin.
1.25 mg/day = pretty dead dick but not completely
0.625 mg/day = active dick all day like before

Will compare results 3 months in tho.

I've noticed this a bit too... How are you accurately measuring out your dosages at such low amounts?

Im using a dermena men shampoo. It helps a tiny bit, its the only shampoo that actually does something. Nizoral or head&shoulders is dogshit

sadly it formula is patented

Pill splitter and guestimation.
Highly recommend getting 1mg and splitting in half for a few weeks before doing a full 1mg.

I cut the 5 mg pills into 1/8's with a pill cutter. The cutting from 5mg to 4 x 1.25mg is easy but cutting the 1.25 part in perfect halves is pretty difficult even with a pill cutter. However +/- 0.1-0.2 mg does't matter if I get them uneven.

My hair is fucked. I'm only taking biotin. If it doesn't work, oh well.

I have a misshapen head, and my face is odd. Like I could be attractive, but everything is misaligned. 4/10 facial aesthetics.

None of that stops me from drowning in women, though. It's all in how you carry yourself.

Want to take pills/vitamins, shampoos, etc? Go ahead. You will be a slave to it. You might keep your hair, but you will always obsess over your hair. Obsess over if it's getting worse/treatment lost effect. Free yourself from vanity.

Would I like a skull reshaping surgery? Sure. Would I like to fix my nose, in hopes that it helps my face look normal? Sure. Would I rather spend that time/money on other things? Absolutely.

What kind of pill cutter you got man? The one I have is absolute shit and makes cutting up the pills so painful...

I don't get sex and probably never will, but I want to keep my hair till I'm older. Wont care once I'm in my 30s.
It's for myself. Same with lifting.
I don't lift to look good for girls. I do it to look good for me.

got it for 6 euros at the pharmacy when I got my fin. Its easy to use, just that positioning the 1/4 of the pill in dead center is hard since its quadrant shaped.

I guess I will never understand the idea of "buying a few more years". You are already planning to go bald. Just not right now? You will accept it, in a couple years?

I feel like people who say that usually find themselves unable to cope or let go, when that time comes.

Do you lift for vanity reasons or?

Yes, I'll accept it once I'm out of my twenties. Right now I'm lifting to get stronger, eventually I'm going to switch to aesthetics. I lift for multiple reasons.
1. To be strong.
2. To not be a fat shit, ie have some amount of healthiness
3. Feel good about myself physically and mentally
4. Discipline my body and mind, ties in with 3
5. To not look embarrassing and blend in or stick out in a good way

I look pretty OK as a person. I'm not revolting physically.
However my personality is absolute garbage and I'm not going to delude myself in to thinking I'll get sex by lifting, or even at all. Most people want to buy a few more years so they can live a fulfilling 20s life like most people do.

Growing hair takes energy which could be used to grow muscle.

Hair growth slows down gains.

Nizoral works as well nigga. It won't stop you from balding but it does make your hair fuller.

>giant balding spot shows up suddenly over a year
>had to buzz hair super short to not look retarded
>hair loss was one of the only things stopping me go full /fraud/