Personal trainers

Is it worth it to get a personal trainer? Can u guys list some pros and cons?

pros
>someone is always watching over you
>less likely to kill yourself
>motivation

cons
>expensive
>all pros can easily be replaced with a gym buddy who knows how to lift

MAYBE worth it if you're just starting lifting but I don't think they're that helpful

>Expensive as hell
>Don't really do anything other than ensure you don't snap your shit
>Make you do some fuck shit with kettle bells because compounds are scary

Thanks a lot man, im just getting started in this. Money isnt really that much of an issue. So i think imma try it out with a trainer for a couple of weeks.

Thanks for the advice. Im a beginner, ill try it out for a couple of weeks.

Most so-called 'personal trainers' are a complete waste of time for anyone even semi-serious about real fitness. They make the bulk of their money off people who are fat, or old, or both, who have no idea about even the most basic things to do at a gym, let alone nutrition or effective weightloss. The kind of 'personal trainer' a Veeky Forumsizen would need would be hundreds (if not thousands) of dollars per month, for someone who actually knows what the fuck they're doing for things like powerlifting or bodybuilding. Your average shit PT at your local public gym won't even allow you to do squats or deadlifts, they'll have you using machines and squirming around on a mat on the floor.

Just READ THE STICKY, more than once if necessary, and figure shit out. Use the money you would have otherwise wasted on a shit PT for useful supplements and decent food.

I'm a recovering hungry skeleton who had a couple friends who tried them out just because the PTs were hot girls. Didnt see either of them get results, still watched them eat garbage and be lazy, they only did it for like two months then quit.
Make your own morivation or get a lifting buddy.

Also. I go to a different gym now that posted a PT "Holiday Sale" in the locker room the other day, 10 sessions for $270. What in the literal fuck. Even on a wagecuck/student 3 day split thats less than a months worth of training.
Even SIPS is cheaper if thats what it takes to get you going.

Was thinking of getting a personal trainer just to learn to deadlift and squat properly.

>record self
>post here
>free

>post form check here
>get called fat/skeleton
>people shit on your outfit or the weight you're using

Just post it on leddit.

>someone is always watching over you
>less likely to kill yourself

jesus christ this made me feel

Every one I've ever seen wants let's to do some weird meme workout idiocy like 'jump left to right while extending one arm overhead with cables in hand'

Qualified PT here, can confirm that about 95-99% of trainers are shit.

Most trainers go for meme exercises and say nothing about diet, because if a client gets the results they want or learns good form, then the trainer's job is done and they stop making money.

A good trainer will teach good form on the main lifts, myth-bust about fitness memes, talk about nutrition, and give a lot of insight into how to enjoy the gym and motivational stuff. The problem is, once they've taught the client that stuff, they already know everything and they don't get any more business.

AMA about fitness or whatever

>ama about fitness

Why would we? You have no one's respect here just because you are a PT. Go back to plebb.it

You want respect on Veeky Forums? Post photos of yourself looking like this and then we will listen to your advice

>offer advice about fitness on a fitness board?
>heh not in my secret club, kiddo

baka atm desu

This guy is right. You guys would just clown, and if not I'll be trolled into some bs advice. Is Reddit really that helpful?

Dude I've been lifting natty for only 4 years and I'm a little tiny fucking twink.

And yet I'm bigger than 90% of the PTs in my gym. There are only two that are bigger than I am. And both are at 15%+ bodyfat based on the fat on their jaw.

So that's why I have such a low opinion of PTs.

Why don't you fucking show me how you aren't a tiny little twink like me and blow me away.

b-but I am a twink user

And this is why we don't trust PTs because they are all small and weak

t. small and weak guy

>pt
>not a nutritionist
>giving nutrition recommendations
you're gonna lose your license

Not worth it at all. One of the personal trainers at my gym is fat. There really should be some sort of national certification body that requires a DEXA scan every year to keep your certification. If you're male and over 15% BF or a female over 25% BF, you lose your certification.

>abusing steroids to gain respect on an anonymous aboriginal finger painting club

trip on faggot

Like I said, 95-99% are garbage

Will post pic when I get home from work

But stats are 200kg dl, 185s, 115b, 85kg bw, 18yo, 180cm
ebin trole

We can give 'anecdotal' advice and aus government guidelines, so basically just the shit in the sticky

I am pretty sure trainers are a meme. I go to equinox and they want $150 an hour for a session.

But people are getting training everytime I am there. They are doing meme exercises like move a rope up and down real fast with both hands and another exercise where the trainer has a rope tied to the person being trained while they try to move the trainer across the room.

It is fucking retarded.

Will PT's get me good gear?