What was the main reason why you started to lift?

What was the main reason why you started to lift?

self-hatred

Weakness from acromegaly.

My knees and arms would get tired from daily activities so I started lifting to help out.

self-confidence.

but after 5kg boost, im not feeling any braver. I'm about to call snake oil.

Self hatred

To keep me from getting fat again

I was a lanky bitch, my gf cheated on me on a party. I got beat up badly later that evening and woke up at the hospital. Hate fueled me and lifting was the answer to become happier.

Tired of being viewed and treated as weak by other people.

Skinnyfat suicidal depressed weak faggot. Now I'm just a more muscular faggot.

Self hatred, loneliness, weakness, not living to my fullest potential. Crossed the latter two of that list.

because I was fat, now I'm fit

and incredibly vain

>literally me

It's the only thing that distracts me from my depression.

I was sick of seeing a fat fuck in the mirror every morning. I made myself sick.

To stop doing drugs.

So I could be better than others.

aesthetic reasons, regular exercise to keep my mind right, self improvement, test of will

The gay racist bodybuilders at My Posting Career told me it would improve my e-cred.

I saw a picture of me without shirt on and was ashamed of what I was becoming.
That same day I read the sticky.

Quit opiate addiction, hate myself, wanted to feel less loathsome of myself

+1

my girlfriend at the time told my cousin who lifted to help me get into it because I was a skelator.

>freshman year of baseball
>only varsity team in high school
>holee fuck literally only two of us freshman trying out with men
>intimidated as fuck as everyone is one foot taller

In 6th-8th grade I was a god because no one lifted and everyone was a skelly while I was 5'6 or whatever a tall height was as a kid and hitting doubles every time at bat. Came into high school scared as fuck from bullies and people who have beards and shit. Took weightlifting class and every motherfucker on the baseball, basketball, and football team was there

bad hip, weak joints and stiff neck despite being 20. all fixed since.
also insecurity

I wasn't human

Was going to kill myself but decided to see what I can look like out of spite

Low self esteem and poor image stemming from childhood rape and feeling as if I failed as a son, brother and man.

It never gets better.

ayeap

Dude that chick is hideous

So I wouldn't look disappointing to my waifu.

holy shit, you went from autism to adult.
what's the time difference of these photos?

That was summer of '14, the top pic, June'ish. I started with losing weight in May of 15. Bottom pics were like, October/November'ish of this year.

Broken heart

I was lying on bed for two weeks and realised that I can as well start lifting

Athlete in high school. Tired of being a lazy piece of shit.

Nice work man. What a difference.

Much obliged. Probably couldn't have come this far without my friends on Veeky Forums.

Are you me?

>Started college 5'10 135lbs
>Actually fell in love with a girl who lived a floor below me in dorms, she had the best laugh and smile I've ever seen.
>She knows I'm into her but I get put in friendzone
>Other friend of mine starts going to the gym
>She compliments his arms after ~1month of lifting.
>I say fuck it I have a membership
>Friend refers me to Veeky Forums I take dieting and routine extremely seriously go maybe 5-6times per week.
>Now 170lbs and decently low bf% all lifts going well.
>See her.
>She compliments me and grabs my muscles and what not, becoming extremely flirtatious
>I'm still in love with her.
>Realize that the only reason that she cares about me now is because of my body.
>Go home and have a little self-refection.
>She asks me to dinner
>I turn it down saying I'd rather stay as friends
Hardest thing I've ever done I still have crzy feels for her and it still hurts to see her but hey I've finally got some self-respect.

Only fuccbois lift for girls, you did the right thing

I lift for grills.

I mean literal grills. I fucking love smoked and grilled food. Veggies, beef, chicken, fish, if it's food, I want to put that shit on top of a flame and jam it down the laugh-hole. I really, really enjoy cooking.

The first time I bulked was hard as hell for me because I've always been skinny and the idea of getting skinny-fat or just fucking fat was, ugh. I even tried GOSAD, which is just like GOMAD only with a little more self-hate and skim milk.

I'm just past the point of DYEL status leg-wise, but my upper body is still shit. I just love the shit out of squats and grilling.

You're a man now, son.

When I was in my 30's because I wanted to lose excess weight and put on muscle, thinking it would make me more attractive to the opposite sex. Over time I learned better: no one cares about that; women look at your face first, then the look at how you act, what you say, and other behavioral clues. Women like what they like, and you can't make them change that. You also can't pretend to be someone other than who you are and expect anyone to buy it; they'll see right through it at some point, know you're a fraud, and that's the end of that. Few people other than absolute sociopaths can 'become' someone else and sell it so well that no one doubts it.

I'm considerably older now and I train for myself and myself alone. I recommend you all take a shortcut to the end of my story and do the same.

wow alpha

I hated the 407lb fat cunt staring back at me in the mirror.

>be teenager me
>always did some kinda sports
>had some skelly tier, barely visible muscle definition
>people were so dyel themselves, throughout my life they were mirin me and telling me im jacked even though i was skelly
>i bhought it, and went through life thinking im good looking.

>go on vacation
>huge ass fucking mirrior, as big as gym mirrior was in my hotel room
>neutral lighting, standing far away from the mirrior, other objects to compare myself to
>could actually see myself how i look in a room, compared to close up bathroom mirrors

>had to vomit 16x times at how shitty i look
>realize people were fucking retarded and dyel, and i look utter shit
>back from vacation i signed up in a gym immediately

thanks dyel friends, for making me delusional

I always could do bodyweight Stuff.
One day I decided I wanted to lift heavier things

It was simply the logical continuing from losing weight. Why just stop being fat when you can also get fit?

True, good man.

University boredom, I go out every weekend and get shitfaced then during the week there's barely anything to do, lifting/exercise is fun

To get swole for the upcoming race war.

>Literally zero emotional problems or issues with the way I looked
>Lifted because I like being active and I'm competitive
>Got a load of attention from shallow bitches
>Abused and used them
>Fuck women
>Still lifting, play rugby and do boxing/wrestling/MMA
>Love winning shit
>Never lift for a bitch guys, keep it up.

I have a very beautiful face but I'm chubby and getting old so I need to become a trophy wife before it's too late

I wish I was making this up

Wew, she's fucking ugly, m8, sorry for u.

Hello brother

> Those people lift for something I dislike
Don't do it faggots. Only what I do is correct and you're all wrong.

> /b/, /r9k/, reddit, follow this man back please.

No man, that's not how it is
You wouldn't have been attracted to her if she was fat

I haet myself and my life.

I don't remember. I am 30 years old I started at 14. I love to lift since I remember.

Not saying they're all wrong. Trying to encourage people to lift for themselves instead of some heartless she-devil. I've been approached by women that I knew when I was skinny who didn't bat an eyelid at me back then. Why would I pander to such a shallow cunt.

you are the man!

for this guy

for girls

For him

Work a IT job, started feeling mid back pain at age 22, not yet, Satan, not yet.

Question.

How can you spot the shallow ones now? When I got in shape last summer, I knew the ones who were shallow because I knew them prior to getting fit. Things get really sketchy when it comes to the ones you recently meet.

>the steels
>bulk everything
>even the coors which you impulse bought
>you just a small raise and that fit into your 4 year budget so of all things you figured the best to improve was anything than bud light.
>literally the most exiting thing to happen since you started