Did anyone elses parents divorce when you were growing up?

did anyone elses parents divorce when you were growing up?

is it possible for a family to divorce and for it not to bother you? or will it always fuck you up regardless of how you felt at the time?

when my parents got divorced i took it very stoically as if "well over 50% of parents divorce so i guess things like this just happen" but slowly over the years i feel like my behavior is indicative of the same issues that people whose parents have divorced go through.

is it possible to go through your parents divorcing without experiencing any trauma/negative impact on your behavior or will it inevitably fuck you up regardless?

Idk, both my parents had divorced parents and they seem perfectly happy together and well adjusted

>Abusive biological father attempted to drown me in the tub when I was 3
>Biological father leave my mom, my 5 yr sis and 4 yr old me with no house
>We become homeless for a month
>Mom re-marries a man from Canada, so we move there
>Mom's breast cancer and menopause hits at the same time, she loses her mind
>Abused her weak husband mentally and physically, so he started to abuse me to de-stress
>They both attempted to kill me with a kitchen knife on the new year
>Mom stripped naked towards my bodybuilding coach for no reason when me and him was there to help move my stuff from home
>Haven't spoke to them since

I'm perfectly fine now though, I wasn't before. It's just better to leave toxic people behind, even if they were once very special to you.

holy shit why is life so fucked up sometimes.

good on you for moving on.

i feel like a fucking bitch that i let a stupid divorce affect me so much acting like im 'damaged' and shit.

Lol divorce is such a trivial thing to worry about. Like honestly romantic relationships are such a gains and life killer. So happy I'm not married

Y-yeah, me too...

>tfw met qt and have a hard time focuing when studying

Thank you. No you went through some tough stuff too, divorce is real tough on both you and your parents. I've learned that it's just better to move on. My mom messages me every month but I haven't read her messages and had her blocked. I've given her many chances to get her life straightened, but it always end up with her apology to a kitchen knife.. lol I'm surrounded by good people, and making money so my life is good. Sorry about your parents dood.. must be tough

pretty sure my parents divorce was one of the reasons I became such a fuck up and got into drugs in my teens until I turned 21, started lifting, and got back into school.

I don't get why divorce fucks kids up, but that's probably because my parents divorced when I was only 3 and they were really good about being civil towards one another and making my best interests the #1 priority.

My parents arent degenerates so they take oaths seriously.

You know "til death do us part" as opposed to "until we have an argument"

My parents didn't get divorced but the relationship is pretty shitty. Have no idea how they met or why they got married.

Mom is kind of aloof. Doesn't really care much about anything, pretty absent-minded, way too work focused.

Dad is pretty selfish and has very short fuse and gets angry at a ton of stuff. Yells at my mom all the time because of her absent-mindedness. Spent like two years when I was 10-12 sleeping in our guest room, sharing my bathroom, threatening us with leaving, but never did.

Parents were older when i was born (dad 39, mom 34) and my dad has never had a friend I've seen in my entire life and mom rarely does anything with friends from work, they are both pretty forever alone besides each other. That's probably what fucked me up the most

i dont have any memories of my parents together as a couple. I'm the last of four children and they stopped sleeping together when I was like 4. The reason they go divorced was that my dad realized he was gay. It does bother me. I never had a good male role model(3 sisters) and my dad played the victim in the situation. All this being said my mom means the world to me. It makes me sad at times. She didn't sign up for this. Shes the sweetest lady I know but got cucked by my dad. Sorry for ranting guys.

Kind of a strange situation for me, when i was like 12 my parents were planning a divorce, heard the usual "no, I'M taking the kids!" countless of times. this lasted like 6 months

In the end they decided not to, they're still pretty close and call each other wife & husband but they haven't slept in the same room in over 4 years so idk what the fuck to think.

I've been wanting to ask them, i'm already 20 years old but i just cant do it

What the fuck does this have to do with fitnesss, you stupid faggot?

>Saged, repoted

Mental gains helps with gains, faggot

This is the stupidest fucking thing l have ever heard. lf you're a dumb emotionaI bitch, that's your probIem and has nothing to do with fitness.

>Saged, repoted

The following photo is of a guy with PTSD and is natty.

Argument BTFO

Fit janitor is great this crap will be gone soon

same situation. I genuinely believed it didn't bother me at all. Parents used to ask me if it bothered me and I would always say "no not at all, it's just the way it's been since I can remember"

later I realized of course it bothered me and I wish my dad was around more than once every other week. both my parents are great people and I love them very much, but growing up sucked sometimes not having a man around.

children need mothers and fathers. not one or the other. fucking both.

>did anyone elses parents divorce when you were growing up?
Yeah, heaps. Mine didn't though :^)

>is it possible for a family to divorce and for it not to bother you?
I was completely unaffected by 99.9% of the divorces that occurred while I was growing up.

Lotus has ptsd? From what?

Yes.
No. It will always affect you (to varying degrees).
In terms of it fucking you up, it depends how you deal and manage issues that arise from it.

Sometimes it's just better to leave people and move on, just to get past years of drama.

not him but good on you bro

>I am perfectly fine
>roid abuser woman that looks like a piece of shit
>literally piece of shit.
No you are not fine you fucking retard,you fucked yourself up for good.

My parents divorced and it didn't really effect me. If anything it benefitted me so, like most things, it varies between individuals.

Parents were never married; separated when I was eight. Mom took me to live with her. Saw my father every other weekend and during the Summer. Then she started filling my head with lies about my dad while failing to teach me any life skills beyond her ability to blame everyone else for why she's a loser and will die alone and angry.

I'm cool with my dad, but he is far from perfect. Both sides of my family subscribe to the "let them figure it out" school of parenting...which is goddamn idiotic. No one under the age of 25 has a clue what they're doing, and there's too much to fuck up permanently if the kid doesn't have proper guidance before then.

Parents split up when I was 13
What bothered me the most was that my mother was caught in the act of cheating and they didn't just turn their backs and go separate ways
I'm 24 now and they're still being so childish abotu it

>parents were never married, I'm a literal bastard
>they broke up before I can remember
>step dad never liked me
>dad is an alcohol

I think this is why I tend to sleep around and mostly have female friends. I also always sucked at male banter (better st it now though)

JUST