FOREARMS

Let's talk about the most important part of the male physique when you're clothed: FOREARMS. Should you train them every day like you can abs? What are some of the best exercises to work them?

Other urls found in this thread:

lookism.net/Thread-Wrist-Forearms
amazon.co.uk/Iron-Gym-Original-Total-Workout/dp/B002GHBRWA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1480117226&sr=8-1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Monitoring. I'm particularly interested in the "everyday" part.

I got one of these. Not sure what kind of weight or sets/reps I should be doing all I know is it burns like fuck.

>forearm

spot the dyel.

big shoulders and arms are extremely prominent on people in any type of clothing(outside of hoodies, but only ghetto shits and fatasses wear that).

Farmers walks and ripped clinchers.

nah in a lot of cases, you'll usually just look fat, especially for more built people. definition in forearms are incredibly important. even if youre dyel, the definition in the forearms are a pretty big illusion.

Hold at the top of your last rep during heavy deads.

Heavy barbell shrugs
Weighed carries
Wrist rolling work up to 5x a week as long as it isn't effecting your grip strength.

If you don't want to do carries, superset curls with static holds or something

>forearmlet spotted
forearms are literally the most important body part of them all. Your forearms are visible 99% of the time, forearm veins are the best veins and big forearms are the symbol of strength.

Only forearmlets and fatfucks with no veins will disagree.

My forearms have gotten much larger in the process of doing a standard barbell based fitness plan. I do ppl, workout about 5 days a week. I think most of your forearm is brachioradialis. That's used in many "pull" exercises. Also your hand flexors are in the forearm. Grip strength is improved when you do things like heavy deadlifts, bent over row, pull ups, etc.

Nice insecurity man. Literally nobody is looking at your forearms, most important part is your delts because that sets your stature from the top of your body downwards. Wide shoulders are a symbol of masculinity not how thick your forearms are. Think v taper

Shoulder width is 0.1% delts though. Shoulder width is not a lifting goal, it's genetics. Best you can do is make yourself look wider by becoming more top-heavy (lats + pecs) but that's just an optical illusion, not actually an increase in width.

Got one of those million rpm gyro balls.

Forearms got huge as fuck after a month.

Wouldn't training your abs daily interfere with your compound lifts by exhausting your core? I'm just curious.

>What are some of the best exercises to work them?
Doing actual labour.
Chopping wood, laying bricks, transporting shit in a wheelbarrow (mostl likely the wood and bricks).

Also doing hanging leg raises for 12+ reps and doing pullups from awkward ledges for high reps.

Nothing made my forearms grow more than an hour of pushing a wheelbarrow filled with salt and shoveling that shit around (was not in my job description BTW).
The next best thing was doing pullups on forklifts equipped with heavy duty Ravas iforks. Hanging on by 4 fingers on each hand, in an awkward position and doing 8 sets of 10 pullups is what made me go from a guy who looks like he lifts shirtless to a guy who looks like he lifts when he's in a winter jacket.

Girls love veiny forearms, tf are you on about

No. You do it after your compounds.

Wrist roller.

This guy uses a wrist roller. Maybe you should too?

surely tho your muscle mass is coming from mostly endurance training. there must be an optimal routine for forearms that dont require time under tension for hours at a time a day. im talking like a normal 25 minute session

spot the

>Dyel
>framelet
>manlet/lanklet
>shoulderlet
>baldlet

Well, your wrist bones aren't going to get bigger either so your forearms will only go so far. Forearms are the calves of the upperbody.

t. user who looks like a pro bodybuilder mass monster, I'm sure

Pretty much. Nothing wrong with narrow wrists and ankles btw, no woman is going to bring a measuring tape and look up whether your bones are of an impressive thickness online. Only gay gymcels obsess about objective measurements, normal people only care about proportions, about relative sizes, not about absolutes. For instance normal women only care that a guy is a certain number of inches tallER THAN HER. You don't get additional points once you're above that mark, whatever it is per each individual woman. Same with size. If she wants her man to have decent arms she will discriminate skeletons but you won't get extra points for roiding up and becoming pic related.

That means your forearms will look proportionally bigger. Being a wristlet is a blessing in disguise

thanks to this thread im gonna start work on my forearms ASAP

>surely tho your muscle mass is coming from mostly endurance training
>mostly endurance training
I'm 6'1" 235-240lbs at 14% (bulking like a motherfucker, got tired of being 205 at best).

>there must be an optimal routine for forearms that dont require time under tension for hours at a time a day

No, there is not. Forearms, calves and the neck are all several different muscles lumped together that take off slack from each other. Working them individually would take up as much time as doing proper labour.

Delts need a ton of volume too. Ask /diy/ about delt burn when doing ceiling shit.

me too theyre really lacking in proportion to my bis/tris

Does anyone have Fat Gripz here? I tried them years ago in my old gym when I was in the fucking around-phase. Now when I recently started lifting I've been thinking of getting them and just doing the SL with thicker grips.

Those specific grip trainers surprisingly aren't very good for hypertrophy. My forearms got stronger but not bigger using those - but when I moved to a weighted roller my forearms blew up.

What is that?

(you)

I used to train grip strength almost daily because I was a QB (and didn't want to fumble like a poosy). My coach had me doing figure 8's with dumbells, farmer's walk, RDL's heavy with over/over grip, etc to work on my forearms.

Like others have mentioned manual labor is also killer, get a construction job and your grip strength will quadruple (especially roofing, tiling, framing, etc)

second. Made one at home. What should I be aiming for with this? Maximum reps? Maximum weight? Shit is really hard to calculate too, since you aren't doing traditional reps.
Should I just keep going for the burn?

If you can deadlift 4 plates without using alternating grip, which any non-dyel can do, your forearms are fine. You are all dyels

I do 3x sets of 2x up and down, with one going clockwise and the other going counterclockwise. Sticking to 1.25 kg since that's the smallest plate my gym has available.

You WILL feel the Bern doing this shit, even if you have been lifting for years. Try typing on your phone after doing those 3 sets man

Just do it with an empty bar for one minute overhand, than one minute underhand (lean a bit forward so your arms hang). I do it as a finisher after my forearm work.

>training forearms

Thank god I don't need to do this, genetics may have fucked me in the facial area, but I do love my forearms and calves.

I typically do farmers walks for forearms, anyone else?

Me too. I have naturally pretty good forearms but I just started lifting and want to increase my grip strength to be able to deadlift heavier.

you retard, that's not what he's saying

Farmer's walks and kroc rows, baby. Lift heavy shit for a long time.

Can now double overhand 4pl8 which apparently makes me "non-DYEL" despite my max being only 5pl8

Arnold said the average person could fit their hand around his wrist with room to spare. Probably 7-9" wrists.

It's only a problem if YOU think it is.

Best forearm exercises at home with minimun gear?

>those stats

Post photo of body. Right now.

at the moment
>pronated ez bar curls
>bb wrist curls behind the back
>grip strength trainer
worth giving lookism.net/Thread-Wrist-Forearms a read though

Grab something heavy that forces you to have a large grip on it. Tins or cans, for instance, now find a way to increase the weight of those and do just about any exercise.

Hell, if you can find a thick enough door frame or hand rail, do pull ups on it.

>do pull ups on it
>tfw you just wanna do pull ups, but after checking around there's nothing sensible to do them on anywhere near you.

Gorilla Buttscoots

Could always go to a park and do pullups there

I pull myself up by my bootstraps

I don't have anything that I can sensibly do pull ups on, but I recently found this: amazon.co.uk/Iron-Gym-Original-Total-Workout/dp/B002GHBRWA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1480117226&sr=8-1

I had bought one years ago and used it exactly ZERO times. Now that I lift, I use it daily and it's fantastic.

I'm doing towel hangs and towel chins. Getting satisfying results.

>tfw 6'6" w/ baby dick forearms

>want bigger forearms but traps are already too big for the rest of my body and static holds and carries just make them larger
Do these wrist roller things work? How can I hit forearms without slamming traps too?

>that dip ROM, tho
Wouldnt wanna get too big now, would we?

Yeah, I tried dips on it once, pointless advertising, but the other 3 it's perfect for though.

>those dips
holy shit, most people could probably do about a hundred of those. must be great for toning!

I have one of these. I literally only use it for pullups and to hang rings on. I use the rings for everything else (dips, leg lifts, rows, levers, etc). If I had more overhead room (it goes on a doorframe) I probably would just hang the rings higher and use those for pullups.

>I think most of your forearm is brachioradialis.
Actually, brachioradialis is only like 30-35% of your forearm. The pronator teres, flexor carpi radialis, palmaris longus and the flexor carpi ulnaris make up a larger superficial portion of the muscles than the brachioradialis.
Regardless, if you're doing a pull exercise, you're pretty much using your entire forearm.

I'm hoping those aren't the forearms you're claiming don't need to be trained...

Don't waste your time with that bullshit. Do hammer-curls, your forearms will explode. Also squeeze the dumbbells and barbells you are using as hard as possible when doing your lifts.

>get plank of wood
>screw in 50, 6" nails
>repeat every 72 hrs
>eat plenty of food
>¿¿¿¿¿
>stronger and bigger forearms in 8 weeks

Bitch do you really think i wanna get my hands dirty?
I ain't lookin' at no damn construction job my nigger

one simple answer:

CLIMB

I know it's a bit of taboo to suggest any athletic activity other than lifting, but bouldering specifically trains your forearms ridiculously.

this, and its fun (if your not a faggot and like going /out/)

>tfw emaciated twig
>tfw my forearms are basically, literally, just my radius and ulna
>been doing hammer curls at home, struggling through with my 35 pound dumbbell (can't curl it) and now my pronator teres muscle bulges way out

its scary to look at guys.

>rolling the sleeves above the elbow

Veeky Forums is that way

dude obviously means bouldering at a climbing gym

bouldering outside is 95% legs

Go for like 12 reps on relatively heavy weight but go for frequency.

The neck is more important. But yes forearms are a close second

My favorite thing about Veeky Forums is that no matter who posts, and how good they look, they get shit on by some dyel fatass. /r/ing the pic where the mod BTFO's some gyno loser who picked apart his picture.

DO THIS AND ONLY THIS. Enjoy your improved forearms after.

Do it all 4 ways (overhand, underhand, backwards, forwards), that's one rep. I do 3 or 4 reps with my arms extended all the way out using a decent amount of weight, and then I do 2 or 3 reps with a shitload of weight with my arms bent at the elbows just above waist height.

>that guy
>looking good

Kek. He looks like a dyel. I am a dyel too. Doesn't mean I can't say he's a dyel.

What's more obnoxious is how he thinks that those firearms are great and he doesn't need to train them.

My forearms look like that and that's why I train them-I don't want to die with them looking like that .

>forearm curlbro

Become a slav armwrestler.

I use Indian clubs because I can't fedora hard enough after my big four.

>also doing fencing exercises with steel rods desu

I had bigger forearms than I do now when I worked out with kettlebells only. Never did any specific work so not sure why it was. Thicker handle in *every* lift I suppose.

I'm not going back there since my physique was stalling but if your gym has bells big enough, give them a try.

those forearms

looks like I'm not the only one that saved his forearm advice

wew you have no understanding of how the human body works

certain muscles are immune to hypertrophy when exposed to progressive tension overload? waow call the NHS

people can't grow calves because of 1) shitty insertions 2) not enough volume 3) bounce calf raises and let the achilles tendon provide elastic rebound

the idea that somehow some muscles are completely immune to hypertrophy other than from 12 hours of endurance work is retarded

well, to be precise, he uses the wrist roller and a lot of steroids. would your forearms grow like that if you were natty? no

Nobody answered if you can train them every day

reverse curls with an EZ bar are a great forearm builder.

what's the typical rep range for hammer curls? Lower (like 8-5) or higher (12-8)?

>screw in nails

uhhuh

Can I get bigger forearms with some kettlebell exercises? What do you recommend?

why would you use an ez bar

Palm position more neutral, less strain on the wrist than a straight bar.

>ctrl+F
>"fap" 0 results

I'm honestly surprised and disappointed.

>0*5000%=0

They ain't wrong.

Deadlifts, heavy curls, Heavy rows, and heavy anything involving your arms one way or another. Shit doesn't even have to be heavy. Forearms are like calves. Either you can build them or you can't.

Higher reps. I do 3x12, then the next time 3x10 with a heavier weight, then 3x8 with a heavier weight. Then start the cycle again doing 3x12 with the 3x10 weight etc.

You can make the final set 'as manay as possible' each time too if you feel like you can squeeze a few more reps out.

1 second in youtube

That is such a fucking meme. Nothing is stopping you building any muscle but your own workout intensity and consistency and how you eat.