Under bodyweight: get to work
Bodyweight: ok, you lift
over bodyweight: Strong

>strict curl
bodyweight minus over 50 pounds: get to work
bodyweight - 50 pounds: ok you lift
withing 50 pounds bodyweight: strong

to be continued

I weigh 180lbs and deadlifted 395x5 this week and feel weak. I won't feel strong until I can pull 500.

thats good strength, even better ambition.
how much u press?

Lmao1pl8

I've been cutting and it's been stalling hard as fuck.

honestly just practice it more. also dumbbell pressing helped me alot. try dumbbell clean and presses and see saw presses (personal fave)

im at 90% bw right now

>strict curl
>your bw - 20 kg

But at the same time:

>deads
>double BW
>OHP
>just BW

Really now? The only people I've seen capable of curling 70+ kg at sub 90 bw were armwrestlers.

Either bump OHP to 1.5 bw and diddy to 3x, or lower the curl.

BW-multipliers are stupid though, they favor turbomanlet twinks.

ive curled 110 and im 165, so im rpetty close to the standard

50 kg isn't 70+, lad. Come back once you break the 70 kg mark, which is probably never, unless you dedicate a year to it.

Are we talking bench or push press?

im not understanding what you're getting at.
say ur bw is 200. a curl 150 and above is very impressive. below 150 means get to work.

strict overhead press, not push press. bw bench and push press is pretty easy

I hope all of you faggots that do old time strongman exercises have handlebar mustaches and ride a high wheel bicycle everywhere.

You're the fitness equivalent of weaboos.
Ye Olde Faggots

>implying theres anything wrong with doing olympic lifts, deadlifts and presses

Ok, let me re-phrase:

There is a shitton of guys who can deadlift 3x bodyweight and OHP 1-1.25x bw, but I personally know only one person who can do a strict (ass and torso to the wall) 70 kg curl at sub 90 kg.

A strict 70 kg curl at that weight is equivalent to a 180 kg bench press. Guy in the OP only benched 160, for comparison.

deadlift standard way too low
press too low
strict curl seems pretty low too at least for me. I'm not strong by any means but with a bodyweight of 160 curling 110 isn't that heavy.
My logic: If I can do it it's low

theres literally a 190 lb guy at my gym that can rep out a plate for sets on the barbell curl, which equates to well within 50 pounds of bw for a 1 rep max.
meanwhile ive never seen anyone irl press bodyweight or above.

maybe we have different pop samples

lol pretty much how everyone thinks. but objectively if you can do these things it means youve put in time to gain strength and youre probably stronger than 99% of the world population

How many reps though? If it's ~6, then his one rep is just around 70 kg. And he's just a single guy in your gym, which was kind of the point: cut off for most people will 60 kg if you are sub 90.

should be 3 times bodyweight on deadlift
1.3 or so in ohp
But having a strength standard for curls is pretty retarded imo

>SNATCH
below bodyweight: get to work
bodyweight: ok you lift
1.2xbw and above: strong

>Clean
under 1.2x bw: get to work
1.2-1.5xbw: ok you lift
above 1.5* bw: strong

standards for the jerk are same as the clean.

Really? what kind of gym do you go to? I reckon you're talking about strict press, but still.

yea strict press. uni gym, decent amount of people who recreationally lift, large group of power liftiers, several oly lifters and a few bodybuilders.

im sure at least 5-10 people can do it but ive never *seen* it happen

I havent worked out for long but i do 5x5 with 65 (143) and my bodyweight is 70 (154)
Out of those that workout where i go I'm pretty much the weakest :p

any evidence? vid?

nope, I don't film it. I usually dont think people have any interest in it so I don't bother

i like your attitude.

fuck