Would this work without causing injuries...

Would this work without causing injuries? Someone pushes on your lower back to stop it from rounding while pulling your shoulders during your deadlift.

Would this not allow you to smash your plateaus and lift a lot more weight once you have a couple sessions of assisted deads?

Explain to me why this wouldn't work.

Why not just use a forklift truck to help lift the weight too?

Hahahahaha, what in the actual fuck.

Because you're relying on someone else's strength to lift weight instead of on your own. Plus if the "I swear I'm not gay" hands-on spotter makes a mistake you get a 1 way trip to Snap City (no refunds)

Because then its not YOUR pr, its your and your friends PR. He's helping you lift the weight brah.

PS just nut up and work on your mobility and form you pussy

All he'd be doing is reinforcing your body so it doesn't go in a bad position.

And I'm not saying it counts as your pr. I'm saying you keep doing it to help you lift more by yourself. If you and a bro knock out 100 pounds more than you normally can, why would this not factor into your dead strength?

It would work right? Or are you mad you didn't think of this shortcut before?

If anything, doing something ASSISTED will only make you weaker. You dont make a weakpoint stronger by neglecting it, you make it stronger by isolating it and working on it more.

I bet you use the smith machine, dont you?

It wouldnt work.
Someone pushing your lower back would push you off balance, no matter how much you press back against his hand, you'll be at risk of seriously hitting yourself. You can only really steady yourself, the closest thing you could get to an assisted deadlift is a lifting compressive suit.

If you're deadlifting weight at a level which forces you to break form, thus you need your buddy to push your back in to maintain form, the most glaring concern to me is him toppling you forward. It also seems like it would actively hinder your ability to get liftoff, having your friendo dig into your back.

But you'd be lifting a lot more weight and your muscles would get stronger from it. It's like saying assisted pull ups don't help you do pull ups. Or a belt just makes you weaker.

Also, what if you wore a harness, and some guy deadlifted on your back while you deadlifted some weight? He obviously wouldn't be pushing too hard with his feet, but he would keep you straight and would actually add to the weight. It'd be tough getting into position, but I can't see how this wouldn't add to your main deadlift as well.

just buy a fucking belt, it's what it was designed to do

double deadlift

But he'd be pulling you by the shoulders too. It would negate both forces

Belts aren't perfect, nor are they a friend exoskeleton

That's the most retarded thing I've seen on fit

Why though?

No one can disprove or think about it working beyond how ridiculous it sounds, and thinks the guy is lifting the weight for you. All the while conveniently forgetting belts exist to assist you to a theoretical lesser degree. All it is doing is keeping your body straight, it is not rubber banding the weight like bench bands.

And the tipping forward is offset by the pulling motion.

I thought Veeky Forums wanted to get big but everyone is just close minded to this as if it has zero merit.

The double deadlift as well should work though it'd be a lot harder to pull off.

Why is the only color used in that picture is one persons lips?

Include me in the screencap bois

Kek

But then wouldn't you be better off having another guy on top of the second guy to straighten the second guys back?

This might be a better position to achieve your goal. With the upward force of the bench press coming from your assist below, your shoulders will be pushed back.

you could probably have another guy assist the first assister by pulling him back

Or imagine if you could wear a metal armour that would not allow you to move your back at all, keeping it straight all the time. This way you wouldn't need to say no homo before the lift.

That would just be you stomping on someone while he helped you lift though.

It would work if it was skin tight, but you can move in there.

Two people deadlift is airtight though with no downsides

why do u think this would work, because you'd lift more weight?

> But you'd be lifting a lot more weight

no you wouldn't. YOU, singular, are still exerting the same amount of force. YOU, plural, would be lifting more weight, because you're combining power (probably horribly inefficient though).

Those DSLs mane

You mean something like this?

Good thread put me in screencap

Kek