Are protein shakes even necessary if I eat my body weight it protein every day...

Are protein shakes even necessary if I eat my body weight it protein every day? What advantages do they have over eating more real food?

Everyone I see who slugs down protein shakes basically eats a DYEL diet and uses these grainy, lumpy, awful tasting things to make up the difference. Surely buying more ground beef at Aldi and eating it would be cheaper than buying a tub of whey powder every week or two, right?

No its a supplement. If youre getting enough protein from real food then you don't need to supplement goddammit.

Protein shakes are a substitute for getting protein from food, which can be difficult for some.

Eating the protein is way better than just taking a shake, but its not nearly as convenient.

> if I eat my body weight in protein every day

>my bodyweight in protein
dom?

There might be some marginal benefit to having one post workout because the protein digests faster to help start recovery right away. If you eat shortly before your workout it probably doesn't make a huge difference, its mostly for convenience.

>I eat my body weight it protein every day

at this point id rather substitute one of my meals for a shake than eat ANOTHER chicken breast.
That being said, if you pay full price for any supplement, you're being wallet cucked. plenty of sites out there that sniff out deals for you.

>There might be some marginal benefit to having one post workout because the protein digests faster to help start recovery right away.

Get the fuck out

>Sir I don't think eating 60000 grams of protein is healthy at 5'4
>fast metabolism bro. I'm a hardgainer, I can eat anything

>not eating your body weight in protein every day

It's like you don't want any gains.

U use proton shakes to reach your daily proton goal. The only reason to use them is for the ease. I keep it in car and easy snack to put in bottle and shake if I had small lunch. Not a miracle muscle thing and not a good supplement for food

>plenty of sites out there that sniff out deals for you.
like what

I still don't use proton shakes, never gonna make it

>He only eats his body weight in protein once a day

It's like your not even trying to be a freak.... I personally recommend eating HGH x body weight once a day, mainline test once a day and shoot into your own mouth x your height in feet. Personally I shoot into my own mouth 4 times a day and it works wonders. itpiss

how do i upvote my comment?

fuck off leddit you google

> if I eat my body weight it protein every day

If you do this shakes are just a waste of money.

Also did you guys know whey is the waste from cheese production. Before whey was even thing, they throw it away because its literally garbage.
google it

I have a small one after breakfast. I find it staves off hunger longer (I never have much appetite in the morning, just a bowl of cereal).

>proton
But what if I'm Jimmy Neutron? Won't charged particles fuck with all my shit?

Not true. Protein plus vitamins is less impacting on inflamation systems.

Nah, just get unflavored. Myprotein has 11lbs. for $60, much more than some steak.

Marmite is a byproduct of the brewing industry, doesn't stop it being a GOAT spread.

count your macros, if you realize that you are missing 20-30 grams of protein every day, then use a protein powder as it's super convenient and cheap compared to all other alternatives

this is how I did it, I realized I was getting around 100-120 grams of protein from my food, and that wasn't enough.

>2016
>not eating your body weight in protein every day

What's your excuse?

they're only needed if
a) you're on gear and can get more out of protein synthesis
b) use them as a meal replacement while traveling or a really busy lifestyle

Nah, if you can get enough protein thru food you don't need WHEY
also Im guessing your german if so
pic related is 0,55€ and cheaper then whey per gramm of protein the n myprotein 5k bags unless myprotein is having a sale with a discount larger then 29%.

>german
Yeah because Lidl isn't anywhere else in Europe...

>Aldi
Enjoy your sodium-filled, rejected by quality control food.

>American education: the post
If you were a neutron you wouldn't have charge, hence its name because it's neutral.

Does someone else wanna explain to this fool why he's such a fool? Preferably with a massive facepalm GIF....

2000 scoops comone

Op never mentioned Lidl

Milbona is a Lidl brand.

>those stupid fucking shoes

The 4.3g of fat version is the best thing ever.

Is the Puritan's Pride whey protein any good? Or are they a junk brand? They have a 3lbs for $30 deal going on right now.

yes I mentioned lidl OP did not

Fuck off ausfag.

That deal is nothing special, cyber Monday is tomorrow find something then

That's Vegemite you prick.

What sort of deals are good? I'm trying to fast track getting my life in order.

> buying a tub of whey powder every week or two, right?

Should buy from MyProtein. Way more whey for significantly less than most competitors.

MyProtein has deals all the time for 2x 5.5lb bags (two different flavor choices) or one 11lb bag (one flavor choice). Just wait for one of those, they come all the time. The price/lb of whey is significantly better than competitors. Buy a bit more than that cost (fill it with items on sale), and you get shipping with no additional cost.

Don't bother trying to buy all the overpriced whey packs found in gyms and fitness centers, they're always way expensive and you get significantly less. I think my old whey tubs were 3lb total, whereas my newer bags would give me 5.5lb for less.

At least the tubs are still useful.

I have no experience with any of this stuff, so I appreciate the advice. Looking to get started so I don't have to keep feeling like a walking corpse. Hopefully they have a deal soon.

Pro bodybuilders or anyone whos accomplished anything in fitness ever took that garbage.

You think the rock relies on protein shake or he loses his gains? or phil heath? you think john cena would shrink into a skinnyfat manboobed manlet like CM punk if he didn't take optimum nutrition?

Chicken, steak, beef, pork, fish, eggs.

Whey is unregulated garbage, literally.

No problem. Make sure to continue eating actual food, though. You need the vitamins/nutrients that whey does not provide. Personally, my diet mainly consists of various meats and cheeses, eggs, and milk (if I drink a shake, since it tastes better with milk). Greek yogurt is a great snack option. I buy Oikos brand yogurt in bulk. 120 calories -> 15g of protein. 1g of protein/10 calories is considered "good" in my books, and anything with a tighter ratio is even better.

Don't forget your vegetables. Broccoli, spinach, and celery are good choices.

A lot of people suggest creatine as a supplement. Consider getting some, it's very cheap.

>Looking to get started

Best time is now, whey or not. Add it in when you can.

>Chicken, steak, beef, pork, fish
Often the stores plump these up by injecting water into them, at least with whey you can be more certain about the protein content

> at least with whey you can be more certain about the protein content
>more certain about whey than real food

Aren't you 34 days too early to be here, faggot?

How do you know his birthday is on NYD?

Does this stuff taste as bad as the Amazon reviews say it does?

Literally the only protein I had to return after one scoop. Infact the only one I have ever not liked.

Is it like a Bovril milkshake or something?

If you're coming up short in protein from your food though they're great, but otherwise there's little benefit.