Are beans the cheapest and healthiest source of protein or are there foods with more grams of protein by cost/calories?

Are beans the cheapest and healthiest source of protein or are there foods with more grams of protein by cost/calories?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1480510/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I guess that depends on how much you're paying for your beans. Wholesale protein powder is at a comparable cost per gram of protein but generally beans are a good choice. I eat a half a can daily.

Yes. No.
Beans are
- cheapest per gram of protein and per calorie
- most nutritious
- tastiest
- healthiest (actually improve kidney function and prevent kidney stones, whereas animal protein does the opposite)

If you believe in the glycemic index meme (which is in fact a meme), beans are also low-GI.

Legumes should be consumed every single day, preferably multiple times,

I've never understood this perception.

Whey protein is cheap because there's excessive amounts of whey from commercial waste, but even still it's not magically cheaper than straight out milk/dairly

The law of economics prohibits this.

>If you believe in the glycemic index meme (which is in fact a meme), beans are also low-GI.
Useful info and cheers, but I want to flag your bullshit on GI- I'm Type 1 Diabetic and track my blood sugars in near real time and GI is a massive thing for us. Recently I saw mappings from non diabetics using the same device and their results are exactly the same albeit less pronounced.
tl;dr Thinking GI is a meme is retarded.

beans are the highest protein CARB SOURCE.

in terms of price and calorie:proten, chicken still beats it easily, unless you live in a cuckold area like canada or sweden.

>in terms of price and calorie:proten, chicken still beats it easily
No, what the fuck are you talking about. Good lean chicken breast comes in at around 32g/100g. Beans range in at up to 45g/100g and are far cheaper in terms of both calories and weight.

>soybeans
Good goy.

>Whey protein is cheap because there's excessive amounts of whey from commercial waste, but even still it's not magically cheaper than straight out milk/dairly

But the amount of whey consumed to reach, let's say, 30g of protein, costs less than the amount of milk required to meet the same protein, especially if you live in a country where the dairy industry exists under a supply management system.

It's very low on methionine though.

I feel pain just by thinking about Canada's milk prices. To avoid buying too much liquid milk due to expense, my mother often purchased powdered milk and mixed it with water.

literally does not matter

Yeah. It has its pros and cons. At least we have farmers who still make money not growing soy.

Cheese game weak af tho

>Not consuming essential amino acids literally don't matter

>soy

Enjoy gyno and high estrogen

I can't consume large amounts of dairy without getting the shits mate. A gallon of milk a day is unrealistic for me but 4 scoops of whey is doable.

>Soybeans estrogen meme
Despite not one but two clinical studies showing a decrease in estrogen from soybean consumption and not a single one showing a decrease in test

Chicken thighs cost 1/3rd as much as breast, remove the skin macros are close to equal.

stop being a fucktard maybe.

100 calories of chicken meat = 19g protein for thigh
100 calories of beans = 7g protein for the best kind of beans

get fucked

Why isn't seitan on this list?

>75% protein
>mfw

there are studies showing a decrease, and there are studies showing an increase. that's because the isoflavones can be an agonist, partial agonist, or antagonist for estrogen receptors.

so it's not cut and dry that they will decrease your estrogen, not that that's always a good thing anyways.

source:ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1480510/

fucking retard filth.

You're not only completely wrong, you're a massive idiot.

Holy shit, I think we have a winner

lol not that guy, but you know the real comparison is 24g to 21g of protein in favor of chicken thigh? for 100g of each.

Lentils and beans are amazing for protein, and a can of beans is filling and provides some good micros as well as fiber, and low fat with no cholesterol.

Not calling you out, but I want to know the truth.

Where did you get this info?
Looking online for it right now

Beans are deficient in at least one amino acid (lysine) and as such are not a 'complete protein'. Also they're too high in carbs and too high in fiber to eat too much of all the time; you'll get skinnyfat and be shitting constantly, as well as fart constantly. If it was your sole protein source, the amino acid deficiency would start causing a cumulative cognitive deficit.

Eat a variety of foods -- including from animal sources -- for best results.