Pull-ups

Anyone else notice that no matter how shit your physique is, you look like a fucking god when doing pull-ups?

Mirin

>only confirms my point

Stallman?

No stalling here my friend, this road leads straight to open source gains

You get a lot of attention when you start hanging weights between your legs doing pull-ups.

Did my heavy pull-up day today, did 3x35kg.
Don't know if peopled mired or just wondered what the hell I were doing.

Feels good walking into a normie gym, deadlift >500, bang out pull ups with two 45s around your waist. They don't know that I'm a benchlet though, lel

Most people know that Pull-Ups are objectively hard.

Also, pull ups activate your lats and emphasize the V body shape which is attractive.

Skelly here
I bought a door mounted pull-up bar 2 months ago, and have been using it daily.
When I first got it, I could hardly do 1 good form pull up.
Now I can do ~10 reps with good form if I push myself.
feels good. My lats and chest are a lot more defined now. and I feel like a badass when doing them.

Keep it up man. You'll make it in no time

Skelly who can't do one pull up but has a pull up bar here. Advice?

I know people think its a meme but what really helped me was negatives. After doing negatives 2-3 times a week for a few weeks I could do a few pullups

I can't seem to get wide grip to feel right.
I've been doing 5x10 chin ups which I love and feel in my biceps and lats and have switched over to wide grip pull ups to hit my lats a bit more. I can manage 7 but I swear I don't feel the movement as much through the short range of motion. Should I just keep going with it?

>started out doing only 4 pullups, struggling
>some six weeks later, can do 10 perfect pullups with additional weight

It feels great senpai

>Can't do a single pull-up
>Can only do ~70% of weight on a Lat machine
Feels bad man

>80% lat machine
>4x18 pullups (no way to add weight)
Lat machines don't mean anything. Each machine has different resistance and tension.

Do pullups have any real benefit over chins? Just realised I've never tried them all the time I've been gyming. Got a juicy +20kg x5 chinup going on though.

nice blog. where can I upvote?

no just fake benefits

Some days I can do sets of 5 - 6
Other days I can't bust out 3
What the fuck

I never hit my lats in lat machine. What am i doing wrong ? I try behind head, in front of head, leaning back etc.

Is that Slavoj Zizek?

Is the Trashcan of Ideology actually a tub of BodyFortress protein?

then try literally hitting it in the lats machine

> pull ups are hard meme
> I am a dyel who can barely bench press his own body weight one (1) time
> can't do any kind of push up because my elbow is fucked up
> I can do 21 clean pull ups
What is going on?

how much do you weigh?

Very likely you're doing them wrong

wide grip doesn't work your lats more. shoulder width is best. squeeze them while doing the pull up.

wide grip is for your rear delts.

Pullups is my warmup exercise. I do 2 sets of 5 reps everytime after my stretching routine.
And I do 1 set to fatigue before I end my workout.

I started doing this ~2 months ago. Nowadays, pullups is a lot harder since I gained like 9kg in weight. On a good day, I can do 12 clean, slow and controlled dead hang pullups.

Feels good, man.

Pullups hit lats more because of the angle of your arms.

How much do you weigh? They get way easier if you weigh fuck all.

I weigh 100kg and pull ups are preddy hard for me I can do ~8 deadhang,

You're a fucking skeleton.

I go to the gym 3 times a week (doing GSLP)
Would it be okay for me to do pull-ups everyday at home?

yes

try doing it as wide as you can and with lower weight, do a lot of reps and see if your arms fail first, if it does and you still don't feel your lats, you need to work more your arms

If you are using progressive overload, Chin Ups are better because they involve more musculature.

>can't bench press body weight
>can do 21 pull-ups

You are either a skinny manlet, or you are kipping the hell out of those pull-ups.

yes probably kipping with shitty form and range of motion

Wide grip pullups with strict, controlled form is the most alpha exercise onec can perform.

anyone who thinks negatives is a meme has no experience building up to something that is actually hard. negatives can be useful even after you've already mastered a move.