/plg/ powerlifting general

/plg/- a safe space for powerlifters

>friendship edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h3fjxKsaA8I
youtube.com/watch?v=tAAAbwEtZRo
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1htZVT7ltLYVBSB3Uh9PQKqARitj46IEgihbo3Uu04P0/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18nIdEHDGktGptKsWDQzowXkmHeM6XGMFj-TnGdQKLmY/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A8YmCRV8hL4VFdMtuSzNAM_0wjPF4lj1HxHFEnMVers/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Yt4THa8mZNR81aUcgDVgdqTpc3GiAKLenx3Z7id0yE/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1akqwfO1und1UI1zvnwK9KIMeJ-r0TLjYJMxi2cTp84c/edit?usp=sharing
styrkeloft.no/treningsprogram/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Where is my friend buddyoreo

Will I do?

No. You are a whiney, needy pathetic imitation of a pal

Well that's hardly fair, I saved your life

Well I wanted him to know that my gf saw his split squats and commented on his physique. Her eyes were watching his butt when she made this comment, I saw them.

>will I do?
You'll always do bby

That was only you saving your own skin

hey lads when I bench (most often when it's just the bar too, strangely) i feel like i get a mildly painful "pull" or "stretch" feeling in my left pec at the bottom position. Any idea what it is/what I can do to fix it?

Is there an impostor in our midst???

The fuck is he working on here

Perhaps closer than you think.

i did it lads
400 wilks in the bag

fucking WEWWWWWWW
im fucking living it

paying for it now tho but the glute held up at the time
worth it Tbh

Nice job

thanks lad
waited so long for it

...thanks big jees
never tried that before

Has anyone here done either the Sheiko novice program from the forums or from the app?

How did Screamer land such a QT gf lads?

Ig famous

BBC

>couldn't squat today either
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Ended up doing some leg extensions just so my quads don't start melting away. Is there anything similar I can do for deadlift? Something that doesn't require much hip/glute involvement?

Also, holy fucking shit bench only training is so goddamn boring, why do people willingly do this?

Im going to compete unironically in junior nats and be happy if I win.

Pec doms lads, went too hard on accessories for bench yesterday. Supposed to bench 215 for 5 sets of 3-4 tomorrow TnG, 215 is my short pause 4rm. How fucked am I?

Me too

what are you totalling in what weightclass

Prolly hamstring curls and back extensions

Hey guys, this is the guy who waa yalking abiut his real good vertical jump last thread. I slept on it and i realized that i was doubke jumping. Like id jump and then id jump again while i was in the air so i wouod go luke twice as high. Also sometimes i waa crouch jumping which is where i run around ina crouched position then junp at the exact right moment and it makes it so i can hella jump if i do it right.

ok dino

Hmm... Back extensions do tend to hit my glutes a bit, but that may just be shit technique.

Goddamn do I hope this hell ends soon and I can train properly again.

youtube.com/watch?v=h3fjxKsaA8I

Have to go set a squat pr

>tfw setting e1rm prs on everything all week and hopefully into next week

Squatting a lot more often than deadlifting can lead to muscular imbalances between the quads and hamstrings, increasing knee injury risk in the long term

Do you agree with this statement?

Get it lad
Film it
Show us it

My hamstrings are so tiny and tight it's crazy.

A co worker had me doing yoga at her house the other day and I could do everything fine except for ham stretches

I would assume it's because of my Sq and dl underutilizing them

I think the basic 3 day Dietmar programs them for precisely this reason.

Holy fuck I hate candito day 1 so much

no
i used to have bad knee pain that squats seemed to help with
i always squatted more often than deadlifted, even to the point of believing the squat helps deadlift meme which found to be false by squatting everyday

there is a 12.5kg difference in my squat and dead
knee pain is the last of my worries these days

No, not really, but I see where you're coming from.

No, because hamstrings are greatly involved in the squat, dipshit.

>being this american
>2016

c6w or advanced programs? is c6w worth doing? could it be done after finishing SS?

C6w for squat and deadlift it's great but find something else for bench. Almost no bench volume in it

should I even care about imbalances in my lifts before the advanced level, meaning when I can't progress in lifts in 1 month? I mean yeah a balanced program would be nice, and that's why I'm benching first on SS so I don't become a benchlet like everyone else, but I'm not sure picking a bench program in the intermediate level is the way to go, what do you think?

>that's why I'm benching first on SS so I don't become a benchlet like everyone else
thats not going to be the deciding factor Tbh lad

>advanced
>intermediate
>ss
you are triggering my 'standards' autism

Afraid to put my face on Veeky Forums in case I ever become somebody worth digging up dirt on

But thanks for the kind words lad, I appreciate it

ofc I'm a beginner still, but I use the term intermediate as someone that progress on a monthly base and advanced as someone who needs months to progress.

>thats not going to be the deciding factor Tbh lad
squats tire the hell out of my whole body so if I bench 2nd I'm fucked, but that is not true for the opposite

>coming off SS
>wants to do C6W
Forget about it my dude, here's what I want you to do: 28 Free programs, 3x beginner bench/squat and 2x beginner deadlift. I can almost guarantee this will be far more beneficial to you than C6W.

hes still doing it lads

what did you mean by this?

Are you gonna fug her?

It was just a friendly poll lad

But if you exclusively high bar or front squatted and never did any pulling, I think it's pretty reasonable to think you could have an imbalance between your quads and hams

Don't really understand your question but you can one program for squat and deadlift and another for bench

youtube.com/watch?v=tAAAbwEtZRo

Is this what /plg/ is like?

600+ in 93kg, im weak as fuck but pretty much all the juniors are aswell lmao!

Potentially, maybe.

Though anyone who exclusively front squats is a goddamn retard and deserves tendonitis.

Had a pretty fun day lads :3

I've had someone at my ex-gym run Sheiko novice from the app (pretty much the prep 1 from intermediate small load with a few extra accessories).

I'd recommend doing SS first. If you're done with that, then yeah, Sheiko novice is good - or just run one prep cycle from the Sheiko intermediate programs if you don't care that much about the extra accessories.
Keep in mind you only need to do the comp cycles if you're competing. If not, do the first week to test new maxes and start over from the beginning.

I haven't transcripted the novice program to a spreadsheet yet, but here's the rest of the spreadsheets:

Intermediate Large Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1htZVT7ltLYVBSB3Uh9PQKqARitj46IEgihbo3Uu04P0/edit?usp=sharing

Intermediate Medium Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18nIdEHDGktGptKsWDQzowXkmHeM6XGMFj-TnGdQKLmY/edit?usp=sharing

Intermediate Small Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A8YmCRV8hL4VFdMtuSzNAM_0wjPF4lj1HxHFEnMVers/edit?usp=sharing

Advanced Medium Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Yt4THa8mZNR81aUcgDVgdqTpc3GiAKLenx3Z7id0yE/edit?usp=sharing

Advanced Large Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1akqwfO1und1UI1zvnwK9KIMeJ-r0TLjYJMxi2cTp84c/edit?usp=sharing

*1x deadlift I think you meant

But really though, doing 28 after ss has been amazing for me. Highly highly recommend.

can i gt a form check?

ow my back

147.5kg by. the way........ at 92kg...

>deadlift volume is bad
>being this american
>2016

>guy I know IRL is talking to me about how he is running candito
>parrot all the negative and positive things /plg/ says about candito programming

you've taught me well lads.

I feel like you might be surprised by how many people who are afraid of deadlifts would do something like that though

I like 1x better because I don't like doing alternate stance, not because I hate volume

trappy, if I link you Joffrey's UCLAeiko program, could you take a look at it?

I'm thinking of running it soon. I think it is just one of the prep periods (volume) for 4 weeks. then you do your own maxes at the end and restart

more like jonny injurito

If I squat high volume 5 days a week will my work capacity eventually be able to handle it or will I die

Doing both stances is highly beneficial to training. Don't know where Cuckols picked it up from but he is a smart man.

Pic related

I'm gonna do a meet on March 19 and I'm starting Sheiko on January 1st, intermediate large load. What should I do to coincide maxing out with my meet? Take a week out or something?

Candito literally has an estimated IQ of 76, so it would take a special kind of retard to unironically do his programs.

>tfw do conventional both days of gnuckols 2xbeg DL

is benching max width safe?

For sumo cheaters, sure.

For conventional pullers you should just deadlift

He fell for the compete as soon as you can meme

I pull conventional too and have benefited from training sumo also, on Dietmar programming.

How has that been? Played with that idea myself

Do you have a link to his program? Curious now that you've been memeing him through this thread

Blueshoes? Don't round your back so much

styrkeloft.no/treningsprogram/

"Mengdetreningsprogram" is the general one.

>/treningsprogram
keked Tbh
fucking dietmar

I don't get it.

>treningsprogram
>trening program
>program for how to take your tren or something
>play true btw lads hehe

oh.

>norge

snublekode på Filip

do you know what he counts as advanced?

>Film myself squat for the first time in months
>Get worried my lumbar has started rounding
>Realize it's just the curve of my love handle
How is the winter bulk going lads?

Not quite, 400+ wilks likely.

Don't use those though, they're for ramping up equipped and are outdated too. "Mengdetreningsprogram" is a program for between contests that is still used today for beginners/early intermediates.

I can put my palms flat on the floor and I've never done any special mobility work

Jel?

im fat and i hate myself

>jag
>mobba sötbror

is there no indate raw 'advanced' or at least late intermediate programs available?
or are these still in the suer secret era

>tfw your quads are filling in all your jeans and shorts now except for your flecktarn BDUs
It's a great feel, lads. I'm not even high bar squatting heavy weight yet.

Top secret, you literally sign a non-disclosure agreement.
Beklager Filip...

it wasnt filip

it was me all along, your other neighbour

FY FAEN..........................

>Top secret, you literally sign a non-disclosure agreement.
well theres that plan out the window

>could you take a look at it?

Sure.

>I think it is just one of the prep periods (volume) for 4 weeks. then you do your own maxes at the end and restart

Yeah, 1 prep cycle + first week of comp cycle is pretty standard for early-intermediate lifters who are switching to sheiko.

The last week of the comp cycle should coincide with the last week before the meet, and the last day of the comp cycle should be the day of the meet.

Yes, taking weeks out is what Sheiko recommends.

As long as you have good form, mobility, and don't feel any pain... yeah.

classic pekka

What's up slut?

Isley stop using boardie's trip