I'm a twig and I do "hammer curls" with 35 pound dumbbells...

I'm a twig and I do "hammer curls" with 35 pound dumbbells, not perfect form but swing them a little bit forward before pulling up. Can do usually do 2-3 reps of 15-20 of these. Also do two arm tricep extensions and shrugs

But after I do them, I have some soreness in my elbows and they even click sometimes. My body can't even hold up to do basic arm lifts. What the fuck do I do.

Stop doing that shit. You'll need to get strong first before you can even look at dumbbells.

Do some other exercise?

Lower the weight to where you can do 8 reps with good form, and progress from there.

what?

the thing is I got this problem even doing lower weight and like bicep curls or whatever

Be more specific in the location of your pain, the type of pain, the clicking, etc.

Also, lower the weight. 35lb dumbbell curls are pretty high for a twig. That's about an intermediate curl weight.

Also, learn how to flex your muscles so you stop putting the strain on your tendons. Your tendons are the same as your ligaments (they are literally the same--they just connect different things together). You wouldn't put all the pressure of an exercise on your knees, so don't put them on your tendons. Learn how to properly flex and use your muscles. Start with 5x5 on sets and increase your weight as you upgrade that neuromuscular connection.

The pain is some dull soreness in my elbow joint (on the backside of the arm) and the clicking is also in the same place. Both occur when I extend my arm.

And no way, 35 pounds is "intermediate"?

Not sure about intermediate but its definitely way too high for a beginner

Maybe you're still sore from the days before, give the muscle some rest.

No I don't curl the 35 pounds, that the thing. I can barely even lift it to do one curl. The hammer curls are doable because it uses some back muscles i guess

its not the muscle, it's the actual joint.

Your form is god awful so your arms are suffering. If your using your back to hammer curl your fucking up.

why in the fuck are you using 35 pound dumbbells

Bro you should be starting with 20lb db's not 35lbs, jesus

Lol if you can't curl it normally your "hammer" curls are probably some fucked up spawn of a good morning while rowing to your chest. You're not doin hammer curls

Good luck on your trip to snap city

Hmm

It's not a proper curl if you're using your whole body to fling it up and down.

>but swing them a little bit forward before pulling up
Stop
Lower the weight and do them properly

You need to rest you clearly got a tiny bit of tendonitis.

Do lying cable curls 3x10 you will literally only feel your bicep because you don't have the weight pulling you forward. Your welcome

>lying cable curls
does this look as funny as it sounds ?

Do it with good form you fucking mong

Funnier

Leave your ego at the door and do weights you can actually do. What the fuck. You shouldn't even be using your back for what is mainly a bicep exercise?

surprisingly i actually am getting arm gains from it

i started with 20 pounders. i was doing like, 5 sets of 20 reps with them

moved up to 28 pounds then theese 35s

My elbows flare out as i increase the weight on BP. It helps me stabilize the weight and makes it easier to bench, but I'm worried this will give me spurs. Should I go down in weight or is it still ok. They don't seem fully flared out 90 degrees but like 75-80

it looks stupid but if you do it, there is literally no way to use your back or swing to cheat. You just curl

just get off this site. you are so fucking stupid.