Running general

How often does Veeky Forums run? How far?/fast?
Also running general thread

2-3 miles in about 15-20, try to run twice a day
>pic related
overpriced running gloves I bought

>run twice a day
Aren't your shins just fucked all the time?
>running gloves
Is this a thing?...

>Arent your shins just fucked all the time
ive ran 35 110s with shin splints I enjoy the pain
>is this a thing
cold hands don't feel good and I feel like a badass wearing them with a beanie and no shirt

You mad man.... Shin splints feel like your legs are about to break at any moment.

Fatguy here, i HATE running but im trying to get good at it.
Right now im walking 1/2 mile and jogging 1/2 a mile. I feel like im dying but its slowly getting easier.
Is that a good baby start?

I'd say so
If you every get sick of just slow running try mix it up with very very short distance sprints 100m and the like

Also couch to 5k is good shit
>beanie
>gloves
>no shirt
You must have rock hard nips

>not biking instead

Much less impact on joints/shins, plus you can actually get places and run errands on bike.

Works your muscles and heart differently
Just do both desu

>you must have rock hard nips
no, but my face does get cold to where you can feel your face muscles being slower than usual, even thought about investing in the training mask meme

I cant run, i have plantar fasciitis, i can only do cardio on a stationary bike and every second on it is agony ;_;

I hate running but I'm in the Army Reserve so I have to do it

PT test is 15:05 2 mile run

typical run I go on is more like 16

Right now im walking 1/4 mile, briskly jogging 1/4 mile, walking 1/4 mile, and slow jogging the last 1/4 mile.
Some of the stuff from HS p.e. stuck

8 miles today, 7:55 pace.

This was at about a mile of altitude in a hilly area.

Trying to get back to a 19:00 5K, doing the Cool Runnings Advanced 5K.

Pic related; god-tier running shoes.

Army is what got me into running senpai
Sitting at about a 13:30 2 mile (or 3.2km cus ausfag)

>you're a fast guy..

>god tier running shoes
I'm a blatant shill for pic related, so good for lifting too
I really wanna see this now, show pics asap

I love running, love the adrenaline and euphoria that comes with it.

Trouble is I keep getting wicked shin splints for the next couple of days.

But I will be doing heaps of beach running once I get to the beach for the summer.

Feels bad man but good on you for keeping at it
Y-you run with a knife?..

Lifting in running shoes. Kys

T-they're real flat though ;__;

Division 1 runner here and I run about 100 miles a week anywhere around 6:00 to 7:30 pace. Running is fucking awesome I'll be doing this shit till the day I die

former d1 runner in his late twenties, your knees won't last

>had shin splints all throughout my last years of school because dad wouldn't let me rest my legs for 2 weeks

How do I get this fit? I like the style.

You want 'gym pussy' on your arm sleeve?

You don't?

what's your mph?

biking is way too anaerobic. you can barely feel the improvement.

When I was in cross country back in high school my fastest was 24min 5k. Pretty proud of it because the beginning of the season was my first time running/in a sport so I started from nothing
Now i'm only doing 2 miles 3 times a week and can do it in about 15min

Also any good running leggings that's not a base layer type thing?

My gym is like 1.5 miles away from my apartment so I always run to and from gym

Running is awesome, too bad im usually struggling with my breathing hence asthma but I can run pretty fast

C25k. Don't do sprints, your body is not ready for that yet. You'll get injured

On all the days I don't have Muay Thai, so Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday. I've never kept track of distance, but I usually run 1 hour (with an uphill sprint at the end, since I live in a mountainous area). When fights get closer, I usually do intervals. If the weather is shitty, I just skip rope with le bane mask.

Someone post the image with a running plan based on interval training

C25K?

Are you a big goy?

For Jew.

How'ya lads, I'm doing C25K at the moment and I've run into a bit of a problem. Last week I did week 8, day 2 which is running 2.75 miles. This was grand for me and I thought I could've went on to do the full 3 miles but I decided not to because the app said don't skip ahead.

I was going to run the 5k on Friday but an emergency came up so I missed it and couldn't run until this morning. Normally my calfs get that pumped up and burning feeling but today it was much worse. I got about halfway through the run when I had to stop. I felt like my calfs were going to burst.

Wtf happened? Was it because I didn't run for 4 days?

Just saw the plan, seems a bit too easy.

I ran a 5k yesterday (33:50). Not the greatest time I know, but given that I trained for it twice days before the 5k, I felt great with that time. I'm hoping to find a program that I can use to shed a lot more time off before my next one in May. Want to go back to my 6:38 pace (granted, done in a mile, but I'd like to keep said pace for a 5k).

Didn't train cardio prior to it, but I'm /owg/

Any help would be nice.

>run normally
>give up in 15 minutes
>take aspirin
>run 30 minutes and feel like I could do even more