Has anyone worked out in a different country?

I was in Quebec for a trip and I worked out in one of their gyms. Fuck me. Hairy fuckers in there. And the French is nasty. Do like the place though.

Other urls found in this thread:

franceculture.fr/emissions/repliques/repliques-samedi-14-mai-2016
youtube.com/watch?v=w36ZLQ5H2so
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

worked out at sao tome hotel gym. few gringos were there but thats about it. was bretty cool havin some coconut drinks after a workout against ocean breez

>not liking body hair
>not liking quebecois language

Not gonna make it

Their accent is horrendous desu.

they are not french in Quebec

Quebec is the most based place in North America

Outside of Shitreal, of course

Tabernac

I'm from Laval Québec. It is to Montréal what New Jersey is to NYC. In a 5km radius from my home there are 6 strip clubs, 5 mosques and about 20 gyms.
Huge douchy gym rats tend to train in suburbs in Mega-Gyms. In town, you'll get your crossfit hipster or fat greek mom tryning to loose weight.

I moved to poland 1 month ago, I'm sick of telling people at the gym that I don't fucking speak polish

i worked out at Conditionnement Flex in La Prairie outside of montreal while living with my gf at the time. I quite liked it there desu, very nice people. I didnt nor speak french whatsoever tho

I trained on a rooftop in CIenfuegos Cuba.
It was great!

Go to Archie Gym 555 chabanel, lots of english there

If you plan on staying a while maybe you should learn it then.

Went to a gym in LA once.
>Full of beaners.
Felt at home desu

It's been a month you fucking nigger, you don't learn any language in 1 month let alone one so different from mine

FUck I never been to poland ans I already know 10 words! Try a little bit!
Kurwa, Kielbasa, Mastrovia, Nazi, Ghetto ...

going to New York next month for a week. Any recommendations for a gym? It's for about 3 workout sessions. All I need is a barbelk and some dumbells.

No need to get so upset.
I'm guessing you knew for a while that you'd be moving there. Why not learn in that time?

>Quebec is the most based place in North America
Maybe if it's the only place you've ever lived...

>you don't learn any language in 1 month let alone one
So how many months have you been learning English?

Bavarian here, currently working in little Istanbul aka Berlin. Had to switch to a elite gym because the cheaper ones are infested with retarded blackheads

Quebec is not a country.

I wish Quebecker people would understand this.

Ireland: Pretty standard.
Egypt: Some arab cuties without headscarf.
Nigeria: My own home built gym, besides the local people were ripped as fuark from the manual labor they did anyway.
Indonesia: Cheap chinese equipment, and hardly big enough weights.
Sweden: Like home (Denmark).
Russia: Lots of roided meatheads, and plenty of QTs in tight leggings.

what do you do that took you to all those places?

montrealer here
ill be joining my first gym tomorrow
econo fitness seems bretty for $10 per month

McGill gym reporting in
pretty good but super polarized. Everyone either is at 2/3/4/5 or completely DYEL

friend of mine lifts at econofitness, loves it

>Go to MTL
>''Quebec French sucks''

It's hard to believe some people are this retarded.

Québec is the shit desu

Triggered

On y est pas mal bien.

>la grammaire québécoise

La France, pays de la ronchonnerie, des grèves, du camembert, des taxes et des crottes de chiens. Peuplée à 99,99% de citoyens français ou d’étrangers, la France est le pays qui est au centre du monde (regardez un planisphère si vous ne me croyez pas !). Les français, peuplade primitive au passé génétique incertain, passent la journée à se plaindre de leur pays lamentable, en crise économique, sous l’égide d’un despote et de son long et fin sceptre. À l’inverse, lorsqu’un touriste demandera à un français comment est la France, il s’en fera la plus belle idée possible. Les Français sont jaloux des Africains et des Brésiliens, car ces derniers jouent mieux au football. Cependant, les français ne sont pas racistes du tout, même s’ils aiment de temps à autres « niquer ces sales cons de noirs »,
« limiter l'immigration » ou encore « nettoyer la racaille au Kärcher ».

You will outgrow that gym in less than a year. Dumbbells only go to 75 lbs and you need to hunt for plates.

Le Québécois se tient habituellement au nord de l'Amérique. Cependant, lors de l'hiver éternel qui prend fin le 21 avril, le québécois peut migrer vers d'autres contrées, dont la Floride.
Les habitats hivernaux floridiens du Snowbird (Québécois migrateur) ont d'ailleurs été aménagés et protégés. Microcosmes du Québec à mi-chemin entre la Zone-450 et parc à roulottes (mais également fifouiles et wénébagaux), grâce à son énorme capacité d'adaptation, le Québécois peut s'y sentir comme chez lui, se promenant en kart électrique, bas & gougounes aux pieds, et les dépanneurs (Couche-Tard) y vendent des journaux québécois et la gamme de bières (ou broue) qu'ils ont l'habitude de boire par chez eux. (La bière américaine, coupée avec de l'eau secrètement pompée des nappes phréatiques canadiennes par injection d'huile usée, dégoutant les Québécois, en plus de leur donner la "tourista")
Le français, lui, préfère sortir en hiver car le froid couvre un peu l'odeur du fromage. Il peut ainsi ne pas se laver. Malgré tout, environ 99,98% des français (info basée sur les données de la SPCA) se rebellent et ne se lavent pas en été non plus.

The fuck is wrong with Montreal?

Faggo Chockeur de tabarnak

Why is it that Quebecers are so shit at their own language that they need to constantly invent slang to make a point?
Lisez un livre pour une fois dans vos fucking vies, sacrament.

I read more than you.

And better books as well.

everything except how slutty the women are?

Wrong.

sure it is.

But it does. It's hillbilly French. Akin to hillbilly English.

Please tell me where in Québec you have been.

Sure :)

Scotland.
Not so common with squats, and even less comon with deadlift. Guys don't dress skin tight as they do back in Sweden. Few fitness people, more a mix of dyel and a couple of roiders.
Very few non whites.

mange a merde ^_^

Read his post again and analyze it very well desu

Where are you from? Genuinely curious who would like to move to this fucking shithole.

You're obviously still learning it yourself

why is that bad though

He's right though. The accent is thick and the syntax theoretical.

The accent is only true for some people.

>No comment on the systematic abuse of syntax
Well, at least we're in agreement there, as it was my biggest complaint. Insane how few QCers can't string together a correct sentence. Some can, of course. But very few, and in my experience, they're usually teachers. Even the hosts on Radio-Canada make several mistakes every time I tune in. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Which wouldn't trigger me at all if they didn't tout themselves as the best french speakers in QC radio. Which they sadly are.

>How few can't
How few can*. Of all the posts to make a typo in...

My teachers all had excellent French, as well as my friends and (most) members of my family. I too.

Where are you getting all these examples from? Have you lived here your whole life?

franceculture.fr/emissions/repliques/repliques-samedi-14-mai-2016

Listen to this podcast between a French and a Québécois. Do you have any problem with his French?

Confirmed for not knowing how language works
t. a linguist

>tfw traveled to Montreal for work
>spent a week and didn't meet anyone
how do i get a grill there the next time I visit?

t. kissless virgin

I went to a few different gyms in Tokyo.
1st gym was a Tipness branch in Ikebukuro. Second was Megalos in Tabata. They were both gigantic, had at least 3 huge floors. Pools, saunas, massages, golf areas, the works. Expensive as fuck. 3rd gym was Gold's in Ginza. Much smaller and of course way fewer old farts and way more people lifting weights. Oh and Anytime Fitness near my apartment, they didn't have a squat rack so that didn't last long.

I miss towel service, nobody ever dropping weights, everyone reracking, and not being short.

le québec sa fucking suce jai hate de decalicer dici tabarnac

Its not a part of canada as far as most canadians are concerned

What you need to realize, sir linguist, is that Quebecers have an enormous inferiority complex about their language, and constantly make a stink about how French is under represented, how more immigrants need to assimilate, how everyone should basically just stfu and speak french while within QC borders. This is what makes the constant glaring syntax and basic conjugation and plural accord mistakes so frustrating.
I've lived here since I was 2. And yeah, I said teachers spoke quite well, it's just about everyone else from general public clerks, to media personalities, to doctors and lawyers and even news outlets that suck at it. English was my first language, but because of law 101 I did all my schooling in French and was constantly harassed through out my younger life for speaking English (in private conversations that were overheard, not in class or something) and told to fuck off and speak French ''Parce qu'on est dans une province française''. And so yeah, I studied french, worked hard at, and in fact I now fucking love French. Beautiful literary language, a lot of specificity in the vocabulary and whatnot.
It's just fucking disheartening that this language I spent so long trying to learn, and got verbally harassed about fairly regularly (to say nothing more of the political and social climate revolving around the issue) isn't even spoken ''correctly'' by the very people who were and are being total dicks about it. Do you know how many times I've heard people say ''Ils sontaient'' instead of ''ils étaient''? More than I can fucking count, and that's the fucking imparfait of easily one of the most common verbs in the language. It,s this fucking dichotomy of crusading for others to speak french whilst putting almost no effort into it themselves that drives me nuts.

Gonna check that podcast now, but I see it's from repliques france culture, so it's probably pretty legit.

>Do you know how many times I've heard people say ''Ils sontaient'' instead of ''ils étaient''? More than I can fucking count, and that's the fucking imparfait of easily one of the most common verbs in the language.

To clarify, not all mistakes are this egregious, I just had to mention that one because it's possibly the most baffling.

Maybe it's to get away from mosques, refugees, SJWs and all that.

Is that the equivalent to saying "could of" or something?

Québec French is one of the only languages that has survived contact with English. It's a great dialect, extremely adaptable, and will outlast European French by centuries.

Closer to saying ''they goent'' instead of they went.

>sontaient

If enough people have said it, it may be a local variation. It does no good to speak a version of the language nobody else does, because some Euros wrote it down in a book in 1965.

I'm and I actually agree with you on that. It's also more emphatic that traditional European French.

downtown gym?

I try to go running in every country I visit.

Sydney NSW is amazing for running. You can kill it extra hard because you know you are going to get a huge fucking spray when you hit the tidal pool on whatever beach.

The mountains of Costa Rica are gruelling. Loved the views, much as they punished me.

Wellington NZ, amazingly clean air and it felt like I could run forever it it weren't for that howling wet wind that slowed me to a walk and actually lifted my cheeks off my gums.

San Francisco USA and area have some wonderful places to run.

Ireland - so green! Had great weather for running, like 14 degrees (~58 F)

I live in Ottawa Canada, which is like a secret playground for runners. A multiplicity of well maintained trails through parks and by rivers, little lakes, and canal.

I suppose, but it's this lackadaisical attitude that lead to literally now meaning both literally and figuratively.

And yes, I'm aware it's a losing battle regardless, as uneducated folk will always ultimately influence the flow of a language. Won't stop me from bitching and moaning about it.

>lead
led
>uneducated folk

The other week I heard someone say "seekened" as past tense for "seek". That was a new one on me.

Think Quebec French is derivative? Then you haven't heard Shiac (Acadian French).

youtube.com/watch?v=w36ZLQ5H2so

>I try to go running in every country I visit.
Holy fuck thats the best Idea I've heard in ages. Never wanted to leave sydney till I read this. Goals right there.

Every other word in Quebecker is English.

It sounds like it if you only hear the English, but they do the same thing we do: embrace the root and turn it into French. For example, "fucké" is perfectly acceptable on the radio to mean "messed up". They bend but don't break. It's the Euro-French who, by the time the Régie comes down with their official spelling of "pique-nique" or whatever, have lost contact with the reality of the common language.

A German in 1000AD might say the same thing about English, or ironically a Frenchman in 1150AD.

I learned how to run hills in Sydney when I lived there. North Sydney, looking down on the Luna Park and the Harbour. Fuckin' Birds of Paradise grow wild. Sails all over place. That view. That bridge -- down and across it, through Hyde Park, then into the the RBG.

I miss Australia heaps, but then again the skating is lousy.

how to learn frog???

Serious

heres a rare pic

The same way you learn any other language. Study and practice a little everyday, find someone you can talk to in french (with the internet, this isn't hard)

I'm living in South Korea currently, and staying in a dormitory (exchange student for one year). I'm also going to the dormitory gym. Most korean guys have no fucking idea what they're doing, and girls never train with weights. These are some of the things I see daily

>Bench with 3cm movement
>Gym gloves, wrist supporters etc etc everywhere
>Everybody is looking at the mirror 95% of the time
>Girls just do long ass stretching routines
>Walking on treadmill with slow pace while reading anime
>Some of the weirdest dumbell excercises I've ever been

But they are still nice. One guy from the gym saw me first time, said that "wow man you have the strongest forearms in the gym". Other one bought me a powerade can the second I said hi to him.

please respond

Montreal backpage.

Idk how much of this is "real", I barely ever heard acadian french, but some of it is clearly BS and forced.

For example, Guy A Lepage does not speak like that at all, hes probably just imitating someone.

And that new caster Abbé Lanteigne...this is a sketch, right?

From Norway.

Worked out at Barbell Brigade in LA while I was there. Nice place. Everyone was really nice and minded their own business. No pajeets.

ROFL, The last sentence is way to good , where does it come from, you?

>not being able to oogle Italian and Greek milfs

I pity you

This just proves you know nothing of both European and Québec French.

If anything, standard Parisian French probably has more English than "standard" Québec French. In Québec,the vast majority of borrowed english words are adapted and take on a new meaning and/or pronunciation.
New words are made from English and adapted into the local reality.

In France, when a word is borrowed, its used as it was, with an obvious french accent. The word wont have an added french suffixation or changed pronunciation. Things like "shoppinG" are clearly english, but its the correct word to use in France.

*decaaoowwwwlisser

The howling wet wind is fucked senpai, I'm glad you experienced what we suffer just about every day of the year

Where did you go running around wellington? I usually head around the south coast for a run or bike, nice to see the mountains in the south island on a clear day

Its pretty different because it sounds completely different from the accepted form. It is far from accepted locally though, I don't think I've heard it in years, it grates my ears when I do. Mosty used by younger kids and really uneducated people, as its the "natural" or expected way the verb would be if it was regular.

Most plural's 3rd person verbs in the imperfect tense are usually formed by simply adding -aient after the last non-suffixed consonant.

Ils mang(ent) -> ils mang(aient)

The verb être is totally irregular and weird though, which might confuse kids.

Ils sont-> ils étaient (instead of sontaient)

Every other word in English is old/medieval French, so that's kind of a silly argument.

Yes Ottawa represent