Veeky Forums does Whey Protein cause hair loss?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Testosterone#/media/File:Steroidogenesis.svg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No, it's just protein you mongoloid.

this.

Fuck your stupid face op.

Explain this then

>states

That's why you're not natty if you take whey, it's the same as pinning 500mg of test e every 4 days

Not an argument.

Idk maybe.

>

>Not an argument.

If I bought a few cows and bottled the milk with a scoop of whey in then marketed it as making your dick bigger

It's idiots like you that would believe me and buy it, kys

dont take isolate

What about whey in general though.

So when a scienticst says it causes hair loss you reject it because of some random reason.

>The-healthy-diet-paradise

i've been taking whey for a year and half now. I haven't experienced any hair loss or any other side effect for that matter. Creatine and Whey are pretty well researched and pretty safe i think

What a scientist says doesn't matter, studies matter. If you just google "does a high protein diet increase testosterone" you will find many sources that say "no" or even "it lowers testosterone".

I'm not a scientist in any medical field, but from a brief glance, Shapiros paper doesn't look like anything substantial, and the ISHRS also doesn't look like a renowed publication in the field -- more like something with a commercial interest. You'll notice that Shapiro doesn't even list the paper on his website under his list of publications, and the ISHRS also does not list his paper anywhere in their database, from what I could find. (In fact, I've been unable to find this "open paper" anywhere at all, or any references to it)

And Shapiro himself sells a protein product that supposedly does not cause hair-loss. I rather think that represents a conflict of interests.

You can always find someone who will agree with you, regardless of how outrageous your opinion is, but since there is one guy arguing against the commonly accepted mainstream here, I would be rather critical. There is probably nothing to his claim. Again, I'm not a scientist in a medical field, but from my knowledge, protein isn't terribly involved or a limiting factor in testosterone production. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Testosterone#/media/File:Steroidogenesis.svg I don't know what is involved in each of the inbetween-steps exactly, but as you can see the input is mostly cholesterol.

Thanks for this. Having said that, I don't know what the commonly accepted mainstream is. That's why when I googled it I was a little scared because I'm not that old.

It's also about genetic pre-disposition. If you're not pre-disposed for hairloss (check your mothers fathers hair), you have very little to worry about, almost regardless of what you do. If you are very pre-disposed for it, then working out, body-building, taking creatine etc can accelerate the hairloss (since creatine raises DHT and e.g. losing weight and eating more healthy can increase test which in turn can increase DHT), but ultimately you'd lose it anyway.

no, genetics does.

the very domain of that website makes it suspect af

This is stupid.
Your genetics is the only thing that matters for hair loss.

Depends on the type. Shit you get from Walmart with football players on it has creatine in it, so you will lose hair supplementing that over a normal isolate if you're predisposed to hairloss.

My dad and mom have hair. My dad has a lot, my mom has thin hair but probably due to stress (6 kids).

Im actually quite hairy desu. Dunno why since im white but i have hair even on my fingers

your mom and dad don't matter. Your moms dad matters.

Well he has the old man ball spot but hes like 75. And he has a beard.

>Explain this then

I guarantee you that link is trying to sell you something.

Bullshit, my hair is thick and shoulder length, my brother is 21 , two years younger and going bald. Genetics is a randon roll of the dice.

no but you get mad insulin spikes from it, thats why you should buy pea protein or something else, just not soy because it does the same