CBT // QTDDTOA

CBT and QTDDTOA

18yo
Squat- 140kg
Bench- 85kg
Deadlift- N/A

Are low rep squats such as 3 reps of 4 sets of 90% 1RM good for building muscle?

Other urls found in this thread:

stronglifts.com/5x5/
youtube.com/watch?v=-X1GkG2YgXw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Op Here, 77kg
Lifting intense 3 months (Pissed around for the bones of a year)

Deadlift you cuck.

On a beginnerish programme, it doesn't have deadlift on it

Starting strength faggot

It's not starting strength.

>Are low rep squats such as 3 reps of 4 sets of 90% 1RM good for building muscle?
Not particularly. If building muscle is your priority, you should do at least 8 reps for 3-4 sets. That's about 80% 1RM.

How often should I have a down week if I lift like that 3x per week?

You mean a deload week or a full rest week?

Deload week

Put your fucking shoes on dude.

Yes I need to cut, but can I get other comments? Also how to get shoulders to pop?

That's really up to you. A deload week isn't a requirement for a good routine. For strength-based routines, I think it's different because it takes a bigger toll on your CNS.
If you do want a deload week, you'd be perfectly fine only having one every eight weeks.

OHP will pop your shoulders, do cut,
What're you're lifts like

how about posting your numbers besides stating the obvious.

Progressive overload is the most important aspect to build muscle. as long as your regularly lifting more weight, you'll be making muscle gains.

OHP will pop your shoulders, do cut, keep lifting,

What're your lifts maxes?

Thanks man

Yeah cutting slowly atm.
OHP 52kg 3x8
Bench 80kg 3x8
Squat 120kg 3x5
Deadlift 135kg 3x5

For shoulders I do OHP, lateral and front raises.

See

these are on sale right now for $100, cop or not? I have a butt wink problem as I start to reach parallel and some trouble reaching ATG, if that matters.

If you have trouble on ATG do buy them. 100 is cheap.

Recently I noticed I have some bad buttwink

It starts like just as I hit parallel, maybe even a little bit before if that's possible

The weight I'm squatting isn't huge right now (hit 110 lbs last workout) but I'm doing SL 5x5 so I'm obviously going to be increasing it.

How the hell do I fix buttwink

Does anyone have a good whole body routine which includes

Bent Over Rows,
Dips,
Bench,
OHP
Pull Ups,
Squats,
RDL
Bulgarian squats,
Oh chins,
1 arm rows,

Love all of these

Is it okay to work out immediately when I get out of bed?

Stretch your hip flexors every day. Pic related.

Why not just do something like SL5x5 and some of them as accessories?

So just do the Hip Flexor & Groin stretch from that image everyday?

Yeah. If that doesn't help at all, there's a chance your body is just built that way, which is the case for some people.

>was 185 lbs
>Started browsing Veeky Forums
>Cut 20 pounds so now I'm down to 165

Should I continue cutting? Or should I bulk? I have barely any muscle on me so I know I don't look the greatest. I just don't want to look fat when I decide to bulk.

>which is the case for some people.
if this is the case do I just not squat? I really don't wanna fuck my back up

you are skinny as fuck eat some food hungry skeleton

you should try lifting weights

What's a good weight for a 5'10'' male?

no.

I don't really know how to add the correct reps and sets in a programme for accessories.

6'5
250ish

Mirin'

Why

I have been, I've been doing stronglifts for 2 months. I can squat 180 lbs 5x5, I can bench 120 5x5, deadlift 235 1x5, my lifts obviously aren't impressive but I've just been trying to lose body fat for the past 2 months. I'm just wondering if I should bulk up and get some muscle over the winter or keep losing weight to lower my body fat%

Yeah, you'd probably have to rely on leg press, hack squats, lunges, stuff like that.

There's not much to it. Just do something standard like 3x8 or 3x10.
For StrongLifts, many of the exercises you mention are already in the program, so you just follow it.
stronglifts.com/5x5/

Mirin, although your core looks kind of shit.

>Yeah, you'd probably have to rely on leg press, hack squats, lunges, stuff like that.

That sounds horrible, I'm really starting to enjoy muh squats

Right away? No. Do dynamic stretching first, you need to wake up before lifting. Get some water in you.
I'd lift ~30min after waking up if I had a home gym.

I feel bad working out after eating breakfast that's why I asked

You don't need to eat before lifting, lots of people don't like doing that. But I don't suggest lifting as soon as you wake up either.

Why not?

>Being half asleep while lifting
Down a half glass of water right when waking up and stretch. The water will help you wake up.

thanks user

Does a buttwink matter that much?

Absolutely. It literally means you're not flexible enough, and it can hurt your back. That being said it isn't the end of the world if it's just a little, but you should always being trying to fix it, every day. Buttwink takes weeks to months to fix with some people, stretching the right muscles every morning, every lifting day, every night.

Don't settle for mediocrity.

at what bf does fat around the lower back and around your waist disappear ?

How much time do you need realistically to get to 1/2/3/4 with 3 trainings/week?
Veeky Forums told me it's easily doable in a year, yet I'm still nowhere near. Of course I wasn't doing pure strength trainings all this time.
How much time did it take you to get to 1/2/3/4?

I have some pain running from my elbow almost up to my shoulder. On a scale from 1-10 I'd put it at a 6 probably. I think it's from when I was drunk and arm wrestling on Saturday.

I'm doing SL 5x5 and have to workout tonight. I'm assuming some pain isn't enough to warrant not working out right? I'm gonna do Squat, Bench Press, Rows & Dips.

Any tips for getting through this week with my elbow/shoulder pain?

you can try flossing your elbows see if that works

>you can try flossing your elbows

Not sure what this is, but after a quick google it looks like I just apply pressure with a tennis ball..? Got any good guides to doing that properly?

I feel like you've gotten taller and heavier each time you post.

>How much time do you need realistically to get to 1/2/3/4 with 3 trainings/week?
This questions tends to piss people off, because what does "realistically" mean in this context? Most people spend a long time reaching those numbers simply because they make multiple major errors. They fail to eat enough (this is a huge issue), they fail to learn proper form, they're not consistent enough, they make fundamental errors like not waiting long enough between sets or they do 5lbs jumps. or they don't do a good routine, or they take a good routine and "improve it" by adding a bunch of exercises.

Now if you took an average, young male, made him eat a lot of food, taught him correct form, put him on SS without any modifications and made him show up every single workout then he'd reach those numbers in less than 6 months. I did, and I don't consider myself particularly gifted, but I worked really hard both in and out of the gym.

oh sorry look up voodoo flossing bands

What is the name of the pec deck with the elbows bent? I feel like it isolates my chest better but I can't seem to find it anywhere online

6 ish months in and i'm not far off.
Eat lots, get enough sleep and don't puss out on working out. Don't be a bitch user.

Talk to me about hips and bone structure.

How wide are mine? What kind of body should I go for with my frame?

How do I know when it's time to cut?

I've been slowly bulking, I'm still pretty weak but made some decent progress. But when I look at my body I'm sad I don't see much definition. How do I know when to cut and how do I do it so that I dont lose the gains I've made?

do you really need 2grams of protein per kg to build a decent amount of muscle?

how much do you weigh?

take ostarine while cutting and get your bcaa+plenty of protein, you'll be golden.

time to cut is when you get between 16-20% body fat. get it low again to get the test flowing, then bulk up again.

also,how do I get bigger arms?

What's a good replacement for nuts? I just realised I'm out of them, and I still need my fats and calories for today.

volume/isolation

keep bulking breh.
it is not time to cut.

Boiled eggs

I weigh about 168-170 lbs, 5'11"

Haven't heard of ostarine, I'll check it out. I'm probably in that range so that means cut time?

Yeah I feel like I'm not strong enough but the fat is starting to accumulate, idk man.

>Yeah I feel like I'm not strong enough but the fat is starting to accumulate, idk man.
yea it happens, ride the gainz train man.
what are your lifts?

Just heavier

Looking to from 20something% body fat to 14-15% My question is, how do you guys do all your cooking math? Whenever I've tried calorie counting, the weighing and math seems to take up a massive amount of time.

What foods you eat when cutting?
How do your organise your food when cutting?

Note, I don't have the ca$h money to buy protein powder or anything like that, it's all meats and leaves and shit that needs to be looked up and weighed.

Routine/cycle?

How long lifting?

lifts?

Ostarine is a SARM that is much less effective than roids but much less harmful. IRC.bio has some pretty cheap. It's great for maintaining muscle mass on a cut. Read about it and see if you're cool with taking something like that cause it's definitely a gamechanger for strength on a cut.

Personally, I cut when I'm around 18% body fat because I find it's easier to cut a couple times a year for shorter periods than to bulk up to 25% and cut for a long time. It also will help bulking again if you start out at 10-12% because you will have more testosterone. But everybody's different and you certainly need to get bigger/stronger so you will have to bulk again at some point.

Just test ATM

10 years

3 plate incline
225x20 squat
260x3 ohp

Sorry about the shit tattoos

Lmao what a pussy apologizing for something he didn't do

>they do 5lb jumps

What is the correct way to add weight each workout?

How do I start getting addicted to lifting? I'm a fatass and while I've got the nutrition down (usually eat at an average 800-900 calorie deficit with proper macros and haven't had a single day any higher than 300 below maintenance since I started two months ago) but I don't have the same constant drive to lift when I get home like I do with planning my meals. It might be because I use home equipment (EZ-curl bar and dumbbells, with weights for each), but I won't be getting a gym membership for at least a few months.

Are you cycling to look natural?

Thanks man, I'll look into it.

My lifts are shit. Pb's are:
B - 205
D - 245
S - 215
OHP - 95

But start of year I was barely doing one plate, and I only started squatting in summer, so it's slow, but some progress. Thanks for the advice.

yes. No matter how much mobility, some people may not be able to get rid of it.
youtube.com/watch?v=-X1GkG2YgXw

Let's say I eat healthy, no broteins supp, and do a strenght workout with 20-25 lbs. What kind of body will I have? will I ever get big muscles?

Also, how do you evaluate the weight to put on legs exercises to have a balanced silhouette compared to torso?

Also can I skip leg day if I run/bike 30 minutes befor every weight session?

>eat healthy
Which means what? Bulk, cut? How many calories and protein?
>strenght workout with 20-25 lbs
What workout? What lifts? And what do you mean by "20-25 lbs"?
You need to increase the weight every workout to gain muscle.

Taken today.
5'10 190lbs

>eat healthy
about 3 portions of protein a day, 5 portions of veggies, 4 carbs and some fruits and a pic related once in a while.
>workout
4x10 exercises with 4 variations for each muscle group (ex. for shoulders I do raises, bird thing, arnold press, and bird thing on the back)

What will happen if I don't increase weight? Won't I get a Bruce Lee shape?

pic

>Let's say I eat healthy, no broteins supp, and do a strenght workout with 20-25 lbs. What kind of body will I have? will I ever get big muscles?
At some point, you might get some kind of ottermode physique, but you will never be big. Muscles grow from progressive overload, and you can't do that if you only have access to 25lbs of weight.

>Also, how do you evaluate the weight to put on legs exercises to have a balanced silhouette compared to torso?
It's not much of an evaluation. Your legs won't suddenly become weirdly disproportional to your torso. If you do a reasonable amount of volume for legs as you do for your torso, you'll remain more or less proportional.

>Also can I skip leg day if I run/bike 30 minutes befor every weight session?
No. Running or biking doesn't add enough resistance to grow your leg muscles. For proper muscle growth, you need resistance equivalent to 20RM at the most. Running or biking is the equivalent of, maybe, 500RM or more.

I'm 5'7'' and i've been dieting and lifting for 3 weeks now. I'm consuming 1200kcal a day exactly. Weighing everything I eat and weighing myself everyday in the morning right after I wake up. My weight on 11/14 was 162,26 pounds, on 11/21 it was 159,17 and today it reads 158,95. Am I doing anything wrong or is this normal? Because I was expecting to be losing much more per week. Anyway, any help is appreciated. Thanks.

what's a good way to flavour up rice?

for my chicken I use paprika and garlic powder but it get's covered in bassicly a tasteless white heap, what's the best way to taste it up?

cook it in un-salted chicken broth.

Actually, warm chopped onions and carrots in oil for like 5-10 min. Add your rice and chicken broth. Let it cook.

The faster you lose weight, the more muscle mass goes with it. 1lbs per week is perfectly fine.
What's your TDEE? 1200 calories a day seems too low.

add more beef. mostly fat.

use less rice. preferably none.

or make rice pudding, pudding. since yourp're going to stay fat oyu might as well enjoy it.

It's 2,008 calories per day, being sedentary. I'm not doing any Cardio at all. I work as a teacher for 4-6 hours a day. Should I still consider myself as sedentary or should I increase my caloric intake?

You're still not telling us how many calories and protein a day.
You should calculate your TDEE and then read the sticky.
For the routine I'd suggest picking up a beginner full body routine (SS, ICF 5x5, SL etc., the sticky talks about this also)

If you don't increase the weight you're simply wasting your time as your muscles will stop growing very soon.

You wrote you've been lifting for 3 weeks, why would you base it on a sedentary lifestyle?

Does anyone here totally avoid the +/-300-500kcal bulking and cutting method? What do you do instead?

I need to use more weight than what I have at home but I have trouble managing gym anxiety. Any tips?