How much do I need to be able to squat without looking like a poser if I wear weightlifting shoes?

How much do I need to be able to squat without looking like a poser if I wear weightlifting shoes?

The real question is why the fuck do you care how you look? If shoes let you hit depth a little easier or avoid buttwink/lumbar flexion (which matters a lot) fucking wear them. Despite what faggots on Veeky Forums will have you believe, NO ONE who's opinion you should actually respect will tell you to avoid wearing heeled shoes until you can squat x weight. That's fucking retarded. They aren't a crutch, they're a tool.

700 lbs.

99% of the people in gym have no idea that squat shoes even exist

i've got the blue ones 28cm, no one even knows what they are, trust me no one cares

blueshoes pls come back to owg

3pl8 atg minimum

lol no not blue romaleos, i've got the asics in blue

IMHO 3 plates before you wear a belt and four plates before you start wearing lifting shoes.

I will literally blow you for those shoes

Asap to fix your squat form and buttwink.

Those shoes are tiny

why 4pl8 for shoes? i have shit ankle mobility and they really help me get depth. i've been using them since the start

I was putting on my orange/red Adipowers when some guy asked 'Wow what kind of running shoes are they?'

>using belt before using lifting shoes
LELELELLELELELELELELEL

Did you remember to get your gloves at the 1pl8 milestone and your knee wraps at 2pl8

Can someone recommend me a good pair of squat shoes that don't suck but also won't cost me an arm and a leg? I'm on a pubestring budget here

i will literally blow you while you blow him for those shoes

If you have any intention to squat as a serious part of your program, get them as soon as possible. There is really zero disadvantage to having them.

Weightlifting shoes change the way you squat. You should use them as soon as you decide that high-bar squatting and olympic weightlifting is your thing. If you're a powerlifter it doesn't really matter since a low-bar squat doesn't benefit as much from the heel.

Stop being a pussy. I just started lifting again and I wear adipowers. I'm starting over at 135lbs and nobody gives me weird looks because of my shoes.

>tfw eating tuna but forgot to put on my tuna eating shoes

i'm shit at lifting but somehow power clean more than most people deadlift

never get any weird looks

Are these shoes for squatting or were i ripped off?

>buying shoes just to squat

those are actually one of the best "entry level" squat shoes.

Bump, someone help me out

A good portion of powerlifters compete in WL shoes. Benching in them is great too.

>go on amazon
>order adipowers
>5 days later, tell them you didn't receive your package
>congrats you have free shoes