Can I add cardio and chest to the SS program?

Can I add cardio and chest to the SS program?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Have you read the book?

No. I've only read the last few pages of each chapter where he explains how to get the right form

no. focus only on legs. upper body and arms are for douchebags. embrace the satyr life

hip drahve

YNDTP

It's also surprising how little muscle mass he actually put on during those 3 months with "coach" Rippetoe. He got from skinny and weak to fat and weak.

What could he do differently?

Can I do cardio or not? goddamnit, you useless shit board.

Stop making me afraid of SS, i've been getting my shit togther for few months, and now seeing all this mockery, I'm not sure about the programm. Isolation and machines seems like gay shit for bodyluilders, and I thought adding bodyweight exercises (and adding additional weight to bodyweight) would be enough. I'm hungry skeleton though.

Dunno - how about more upper body such as dumbells and direct work, that would be a good start. If you are going to consume 3000 kcal in excess you need to be doing the work to match it and not 3x5 on squats and a single set of deads.

He could said 'fuck off, Rippetard'

>gay shit for bodybuilders

So what are your goals? You don't want to be aesthetic?

Roids up his poop chute

Putting 15-20 kgs of muscles would be enough, I've got pretty aesthetic body anyway, just not mucular enough in some places.

Eat less

SS doesn't hit enough upper body. Youll end up with T-Rex legs.

Do something like PPL to build all around mass.

Do you mean this one?

reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/

>fat and weak

Not really
He got quite a bit stronger; just not aesthetic

If he'd swapped routines at that point then cut he'd have looked good

That's what I run, but there are others. Look up Coolcicadas' PPL also, heard good things about it too.

I don't think my gym have all the machines necessary for the reddit PPL.

PPL wants you to train 6 days a week and SS wants you to train 3 days a week. Both builds the same amount of muscle

They don't build the same amount of muscle, and the ends are totally different. PPL will leave you weak as fuck, but slightly aesthetic. You will plateau so hard.

SS will leave you STRONK as fuck. You then use that strength for PPL and you explode with aesthetics on your cut. You should also add accessories for arms, chest, calves, and your delts to SS.

>You should also add accessories for arms, chest, calves, and your delts to SS.
Which workouts do you recommend?

Curls, Close Grip Bench, Skullcrushers, Pullups(or pulldowns), Chin Ups(If you can't do this, just do another form of curls), Standing/Seated Calf Raises, Shoulder Press, Rear Delt Fly. Those all work. Rotate them around properly so you aren't fucking yourself up by doing shoulders on a day that doesn't also involve OHP. Another good thing to do is Farmer's Walks, and to hold your Deadlift at the top of the last rep while squeezing like a motherfucker until you can't keep the bar up anymore. That last one will also build your forearms nice and good.

The SS book says to do what says in the book

That works too, but you will just be a t-rex in the end. Add the accessories and you'll look better.

It's better to just do the reddit PPL. It has all the main lifts.

>main lifts
This meme needs to die.