Stalling on ohp

>stalling on ohp

how to fix this guys? whenever i plateau for anything else I can always progress by focusing on supporting exercises (dips and flies for chest to improve bench, etc.) or whatever but ive been stuck for a few month on OHP

what do

Other urls found in this thread:

artistzone.myanmarmodelsgirl.com/hot-picks-yan-ke-ke-and-barbie-ke-er/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>ohp

check your form
deload and concentrate on form
do sitted ohp

Tell me who this is and I'll help you

my gf

1.25lb plates

No she's mine

5/3/1 split helped me

NO SHE'S MINE

you can't just focus your OHP

OHP is 100% based on the rest of your muscular development.

triceps, pec, rotator, lats, traps, all delts, abdominals.

if any of those lag the lift lags.

you can't just do more OHP and expect your OHP to go up.

I looked for her when i first found this pic. some obscure model whos literally only done this shoot

sorry breh

Deload and get to doing something like 5*10.

I add heavy doubles and triples at the beginning as well to work heavier reps, but you want some serious volume to break plateaus.

This is today's workout.

This was last week's.

I way 166 currently.

thanks brehs

fuark thats intense thanks

Surely you meant to say
>The Press

>sitted OHP

That's a fucking meme. Focus on form first. Once you get that down it will be much easier to progress.

OHP as a staple in the routine is pretty pointless. You'll see more gains in it by focusing on other heavy compounds

This
Volume always seems to do the trick for me
Hoping to hit 2pl8 for a single by the end of the week

What would you recommend as an alternative, especially to someone who injured their shoulder?

Yan ke ke?

Forgot pick

What you weighing in at?

I can do 1 bodyweight single, and will celebrate when I can do it for a triple. I figure that's when it gets to be a big deal.

>that handwriting

225 actually, it'll be my bw lol

It's not on a stable surface. I can read it... barely

>that guy who does memepresses

they're bigger than i thought

I mean depending on the severity of the shoulder injury you could consider phasing it out all together, no reason to risk a stupid injury doing a strict lift like ohp. You'd probably be better off doing push press at higher weight but keep the reps low ~3 and set count high ~5. Another option is seated shoulder press in a rack, roll a military bench seat or ~60 degree bench into the rack and put the pins so that the bar rests very slightly above where you'd have your shoulders perpendicular to your body. That way you avoid the bottomed out segment of the ohp and you don't have to overpower the joints through the leverage disadvantage. You wanna avoid that intensive strain inherent to a strict ohp I feel like it'd just be a matter of time before you tweak a shoulder

I appreciate the response. I injured my shoulder in a fall. Based on diagnosis, it's not a tear anywhere but after the pain stopped completely, it came back after I did some chin ups. Might be tendinitis.

How long until I can work shoulders again? I can do rows for b

It's really up to you to decide how you wanna work it. An injury is an injury but if it's just a slight tweak or you're just being cautious I usually find it beneficial to do relatively heavy, compound-oriented stuff from an advantage to work the recovering muscle group and get the blood flowing through it. Just keep the reps low so you don't fatigue, do a sloppy rep and make it worse

Thanks for the responses.

Shouldn't this be why you focus a little extra on OHP?

Not really because ohp depends on the whole system but doesn't work the system very efficiently. You'll see more gains in your ohp by deconstructing it into a bunch of auxiliary exercises than you would just doing ohp as a staple

I see what you are saying but imo the best way to improve your ohp is to ohp

Just dont do nothing for a whole week.

I recently took a week off and all my lifts went up drastically. I have however trained for four years with out ever once taking a deload so I probably needed that.

why

Yeah, his approach is only effective for someone with serious imbalances.

Cuz its heavily photoshopped by chink engineers.

>I way 166 currently.
>way

because she's MY gf

FUCK OFF SHE'S MINE I lived on this earth 21 years as a khv just 4 her

Full retard.

Powerlifting lives of specifity and their programs progress lifts most effectively.

If your OHP is shit because a part of your shoulder lacks, then OHPing more will work exactly that.

Can't believe people are this retarded on fit.

texas method helped my The Press

if you don't know what texas method is that would be

Monday: Volume stimulus (5x5 at 80 % of 5RM)
Wednesday: Active recovery (3x5 light weight)
Friday: get a new 5RM, probably something like a 2.5 increment from last friday.

The best way (with exceptions) to increase a lift is just to do more of the lift, or do the lift better, i.e. improving technique.

I've noticed that with OHP, something like 5x5 is not actually optimal, because the muscles always start to fatigue quickly. Pyramid sets that never exceed 85% on the top set is probably the best you can do. Doing 5x5 heavy will just have you failing week to week since ohp is a bitch in general to progress on.

Also, if you really want to focus on your ohp you need to do it AT LEAST 2 times per week, but more is better.

>tfw she's not my gf
>but I still smash her behind your backs with my thundercock
Get rekt nerds

artistzone.myanmarmodelsgirl.com/hot-picks-yan-ke-ke-and-barbie-ke-er/

Boi

Thank you, you did the work I could not

Talk to text still has some kinks to fix.

Nah you don't have a clue what you're talking about

What's your The Press: Bodyweight ratio

no it's plastic surgery

Why would you even ask that for a lift like ohp where it's going to almost entirely stall after 225, if you even ever reach that amount? Honestly I'd keep going and try to help you, convince you that ohp is kind of a stupid lift to care about and you're better off focusing on other lifts but I already see where this is going. You clearly get a nice self wank out of your ohp

I like to train specifically for the lift with high intensity first, then train an accessory to the lift for high volume, then use an isolation for identified weaknesses.

ie
Heavy OHP 3x3
High volume push presses 3x8
Tricep pull downs 3x10

That way I get practice for the specific strength aspect (aim is to increase 1RM)

I get plenty of volume for hypertrophy to increase muscle mass

I can target a weak point.

Because it is so beneficial to upper body strength as a whole I think it is an excellent lift to keep up with.

It is an excellent standard for push strength, and because it is so difficult to progress on I think it is more important to train.

People don't train planche because your average person thinks it's impossible or that they stall out, but people can do stuff much more difficult than that once they get to a certain level.

If you assumed that stalling after a certain ratio or weight for a 1rm of a lift was a good reason to not continue it you wouldn't be doing any of them since there are limits to what the body can do.

tru but doing more presses will usually help your press

not a meme, bc you don't have to worry about keeping your entire body rigid, you can focus on your upper body

LOL eat shit

this is EXACTLY how I'd recommend breaking through a plateau: go hard on the main lift, then do a solid variant (push press is one of the best, dumbbell press is good too), and then some kind of accessory work like lat /tri pull downs

if anyone is interested I have a great video breaking down how to improve your press

also all these idiots talking shit about the OHP on here most likely have a shitty ohp

I've done stuff like this before too. Mine was the journal pic- hence the weighted push ups afterwards.
Yeah, OHP is probably the superior push compound.

Form:
Narrow grip, triceps against lats, glutes squeezed, practice exactly when to move your head

Sets reps:
Do 3x5, then when you add weight, 5-8x3, 3x5 again

Exercises:
Push press is good for overloading the sticking point. I like sets of 3 reps for this.

I'm only interested in seeing your video if you're Brian Alruhe

But it really doesn't help your upper body strength, the practical functionality of a strict ohp is nil you will almost never find yourself in a position where that strict vertical press is effective. Now that's not to say it's a terrible exercise it's great if you wanna really isolate your shoulders but as a strength gain exercise it pales in comparison to stuff like push press or advantage shoulder press

LOL dude it wasn't my video but yea i was gonna link the Brian Alruhe vids

he is great, although he has the charm of a piece of cardboard

Truth, I hopped on Texas Method and it's fantastic for OHP especially

There's two ways to break that plateau
Cheat
Do your absolute max then do other lifts to strengthen all muscles that have anything to do with that lift.
Shoulders Front biceps etc.
Think about and remember what muscles outright fail you in the lift and you should get an idea of what you should be working on.

look up prilepin chart and pick one range. as long as you are forcing your muscles to improve you'll break through.

if you are doing 3x5 switch to 5x5 because OHP responds better to more volume.

"Advantage shoulder press"?
Push press is great as well.
You obviously have to supplement with some lifts (push-ups or dips for chest development if OHP is your main), but I find OHP to have the best carry-over.

As far as functionality it doesn't have to be a strictly vertical pressing motion to have carry-over, but because strictly vertical pressing is harder than horizontal and they both have carry-over it seems more useful to focus vertical pressing and supplement with horizontal pressing.

That is to say
>Your vertical pressing will be the hardest to advance, while horizontal pressing is rarely the limiting factor.
Tbh, I think strong shoulders are extremely important for overall health and functional strength, so I have a program devoted to high power shoulder movements from all angles.

I think it's a little unfair to say that the OHP is not a good strength gain exercise...

Widen your grip
Do higher reps with lower weight or vice versa
Do with dumbbells

Basically hit your shoulders in a different way to strengthen your weak points in the lift.

HSPU or even better, decline HSPU which is hands elevated so you get better depth. one of the best carry over exercises you can do for OHP

>"Advantage shoulder press"?
refer to

It's not that it's bad per se but there's better alternatives if your goal is to develop more explosive strength. ohp is too strict to really qualify as a functional strength exercise

still engineered by their little tiny hands

this is a fucking troll, spoken like a true novice

but he's right so who's really the novice?

lol
are asians into hank hill's asses?

I have definitely used this technique for strengthening certain phases of both The Press and other lifts.

Good tool.

Whether or not The Press is for someone depends on their goals

The deadlift is 100% based on the rest of your muscular development. Traps, forearms, hams, glutes, core, spinal erectors, and some quads.

If any of those lag the lift lags.

You can't just do more deadlift and expect your deadlift to go up.

You have to do planks, hack squats, farmer carry lockouts, and shrugs.

>The deadlift is 100% based on the rest of your muscular development. Traps, forearms, hams, glutes, core, spinal erectors, and some quads.
>If any of those lag the lift lags.
>You can't just do more deadlift and expect your deadlift to go up.
>You have to do planks, hack squats, farmer carry lockouts, and shrugs.

What the actual fuck are you on about?
The way you've laid that out makes it genuinely sound like you're saying you won't get better at doing an exercise by doing the exercise?

That's what I'm saying but it's a parody of this Moron For the sake of clarity to

Ah okay, thought you were the same guy. You are right is clearly totally and utterly retarded.