/LSG/- Lifting Shoe General

Been a while since I've seen one of these threads, so I figured I'd get the ball rolling. What shoes are we all rocking these days? I recently made the switch from the powerlifts to the Leistungs and haven't looked back.

>Pic Related

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/B015XG2FCQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
youtube.com/watch?v=S7ZZSpSSm68
coachdanbell.wordpress.com/2014/01/17/heel-height-and-position/
positionusa.com/collections/shoes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I got the neon green romaleos cause I a attention whore desu.

>not wearing the goat shoe brand in stylish black

absolutely no padding in them, just the way i like it

amazon.com/gp/product/B015XG2FCQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Powerlift 3

Got them on sale for $50, best Veeky Forums purchase I've made so far outside of my bar and plates.

I even use them when I deadlift which seems counterproductive but I feel less stress in my lower back and I get more glute involvement.

these threads always die, so have a bump

planning to get powerlift 2, but I'm wondering if you can use them for deadlifts?

see
also, based clarence dl's with oly shoes
youtube.com/watch?v=S7ZZSpSSm68

I train barefoot (at home with power blocks and fid bench).

Who /wide feet so it's harder to find shoes/ here?

I see.

I'm kind of tall in my country
>5'11 @ 78kg

so the equipment here is shit and doesn't fit my height (squat racks too high or low, max plates sizes too small for deads, etc.)

AdiPOWA!

>just bought a pair of vans for lifting a couple weeks ago
>see this
I didn't even know NB made a chuck taylor clone. looks better than my vans for ten dollars less, too. that's kind of frustrating.

how are adidas power perfect 2? they are on sale here and can get them for about 80$

Anybody try deadlift in these, how was it?

I was actually wondering the same thing. I like to use one pair of shoes for everything so I don't have to change. So at the moment I just use Chucks, but was considering getting some powerlifts.
Are there any differences between versions? I like the aesthetics of the all-black V2s.

I have never heard of the leistung. Where does it fit in the lineup in relation to powerlift, drehkraft and adipower?

Do it

man these would be so sexy if they had regular laces and a strap. the tightening mechanism is just so gimmicky and looks nasty

Dan Green likes them
Clarence Kennedy likes them

I'm pretty sure they're roughly same quality as adipowers but cheaper

they are the new high end shoes with the highest heel so far afaik. i believe romaleos 3 will have the same heel height

i'd say shoes go like this (from entry to high end):

powerlit 2/3
power perfect 2 or drekhkraft
adipowers
leistung

Reebok Crossfit TR Lite's run wide, if you want flats.

Romaleos 2
Pros: The stiffest of the 3, widest heel base
Cons: Heaviest of the 3, stiffness and weak heel cup leads to some heel movement when squatting.

Adistar
Pros: a bit more flexible which i prefer, lighter than the Nikes as well as better material and overall fit.
Cons: none, if i was picky, slightly narrower profile compared to the Nike and Asic shoes

Asics Weightlifting 727
Pros: Lightest of the 3 by far, suede outer has the most forefoot flex. Wide toe-box suits wide feet.
Cons: Not as secure fitting as the Adistar, that being said i could have gone 1 cm smaller in sizing.

Same here
Got new powerlift 3s last week
Thought I would try deadlifting in them, everything felt easier, which is weird, but I want to get as much leg and glute involvement as possible

if you want glute and hamstring engagement, flat shoes will be better here, the raised heel will transfer some of the engagement to the front quads.

I use either normal Reebok crossfit shoes or barefoot.

yeah they're pretty sweet

>the lifting shoe meme
Enjoy your snake oil

All of the shoes described below are great, including the cheapest options.
Heel height is personal preference.

Remember to look for sales. They're very common.

Cheap but Great:
Adidas Powerlift 1/2/3 (1.5cm heel)
Wei-Rui Warrior (2cm heel)
Wei-Rui VX3 (2cm heel)
Do-Win Gong-Lu 2 (2.5cm heel)
Sabo Gym (1.5cm heel)
Do-Win Gong-Lu 3 (2cm heel)
Sabo Deadlift (flat heel)
Wrestling shoes (flat heel) (multiple brands)

Mid-tier:
Adidas PowerPerfect 2 (2.1cm heel)
Adidas Drehkraft (2.1cm heel)
Risto Tiburon 2 (2.2cm heel)
Risto Deadlift (flat heel)
Sabo Powerlift/Weightlift (2cm heel)
Reebok CrossFit Lifter Plus 2.0 (2cm heel)
Inov-8 Fastlift (1.7cm heel)
Do-Win Pendlay (2cm heel)

Expensive tier:
Adidas Adipower (2cm heel)
Nike Romaleos 2 (2cm heel)*
Risto Olimpico (2.2cm heel)
Anta Chinese Weightlifting (2cm heel)*
Adidas Leistung (2.5cm heel)

Collectors tier:
Asics 727 Tiger (2cm heel)*
Adidas Adistar 2008 (2cm heel)*
Adidas Adistar 92/96/00/04 (2cm heel)*
Adidas Ironwork 3 (2cm heel)*
Rogue Rippetoe Powerlifting (1.3cm heel)
Do-Win Rogue (1.3cm or 2cm heel)

* precise measurement unknown

Same thing as the Adidas Powerlift 1/2, but higher heel. See Nike Romaleos
Adidas Powerlift 3
Wei-Rui Warrior

Nicest shoes in the thread tBh.

PL1 and PL2 are the same, just different design.

PL3 is the same except it has a wider fit.

See

I wanna get these really bad

People still take lifting advice from a tranny that doesn't lift

Smh

Fuck off and die Haino

why, they're a meme by an unknown company with no pedigree

i need an extra big heel

buy decent shoes and go to cobbler and have the heel raised

coachdanbell.wordpress.com/2014/01/17/heel-height-and-position/

Lifting shoes are just as bad as pussy pads. Learn some proper form or don't bother lifting at all if you need a crutch

>every olympic weightlifter is using the depth equivalent of pussy pads
WEW

why don't you build muscle like real men do, you know with heavy manual labor job? lifting weight is for pussies

Does shoes have a protective effect on your lower back?

Powerlifts for heavier lifts and Metcon 2 for pretty much everything else

What's that shirt? it looks cool

i already have romaleos ill see if i can get a new heel

Got these badboys on amazon a few days ago on offer for £45.

Been unsure about buying lifting shoes for years but the price finally convinced me.

Had my first squat session with them yesterday and it was amazing. Really worth the money. Everything felt so good.

Who /adipowermasterrace/ here

Poorfags btfo

good choice my niggas

Your shoes cost more pounds than your max squat has lbs m8.

original red colourway Senpai

I'm interested to see how wl trends will look back on this shoe when it's out of production. I don't think it will get the same love as adistar or ironwork iii, probably because it looks high tech rather than classic

Basically yes. Some people have the mobility and dorsiflexion to squat properly from the beginning. Some can train their mobility to do it even with suboptimal physique. Some can't ever execute a clean squat. Shoes will basically benefit everyone except the very few.
And offtopic wearing a belt is actually good for core activation so no reason not to wear that either.

Fuck Clarence is so god damn aesthetic.
Makes me want to start oly lifts.

Very weird finding this thread, these literally came in just half an hour ago.

I could squat barefoot but with some amount of buttwink. will they help?

Omg Trappy havent seen you here in ages thought you left us

I have them. Fantastic shoes.

They'll help for sure just be careful if you're not used to lifting. Start with light weights because you're going to divebomb by accident the first few.

I need some advice on buying a pair of Adidas lifting shoes... My size is 11 1/2 in normal Adidas sneakers, how does this compare to the weightlifting shoes? Should I order a larger or smaller size?

it should be the same size, but in the adidas website there's the guide to sizes. you just need a paper sheet, a pencil and a ruler. I bought my pair using this method and the size is perfect

If you have broad feet adidas may not fit you, at least not most of their model. Just a warning, if you have normal width or narrow feet it should be fine.

positionusa.com/collections/shoes

What's Veeky Forumss opinion on these shoes?
Debating between the P2.1's and romaleos

Thanks user, I'll give it a try!

asics 727s are the superior one for sure, you JUST know the quality is there, they'll last for years, adis feel loose and shifty after only two
115/142

same

buying these if i ever get to nationals @ 77

i thought that shoe was already out of produciton.

if anyone has a link to the original colorway in size 8.5 or 9 (US) and new, i'd buy. they're all like 300 dollars or more though

creacked the heels on two pairs of white adipowers. my red and black ones have lasted about 8 months so far

>completely ignores that other people are feeling more glute and leg involvement and having success using oly shoes

>nah bro u gotta use flat shoes, trust me

Are lifting shoes worth it for someone who only does low bar and front squats? (Also i'm flat footed so should i wear my insoles in my lifting shoes?) Currently wearing chucks and having a hard time balancing on them

yes

I bought power perfect 2 just to help out my front squats. I'm so unflexible that i can otherwise only go perhaps 45 degrees before i tilt forward.

I must look like a retard in my lifting shoes, doing only the bar front squats.

> goat shoe brand

I found they supported Drumpf tho so I quickly burned my 2 pairs of NB minimums . Fuck Drumpf