/mental fitness/

How do you deal with depression? How do you get out of bed everyday? What keeps you going? It's one of those days that I just can't manage to move

Personally I just remember that I'm going to die eventually anyway. So I just get up and try to experience as much as possible.

Just try to appreciate the beauty in life and helping others, especially less fortunate, will usually help boost morale.

>How do you deal with depression?
lifting
>How do you get out of bed everyday?
one foot at a time
>What keeps you going?
routine
>It's one of those days that I just can't manage to move
then lay down and die already

I dumb myself down, act like an idiot, do stupid things, piss people off, make people uncomfortable as possible.

I use to always be serious, never joked, always looked at everything in life from an intellectual point of view, and it only led to loneliness, misery, sadness and depression.

>then lay down and die already
sir, yes sir!

>Le intelligent = :( and dum dum = :) meme

>How do you deal with depression?
I lift, I make music, I remember that things are generally okay and it's normal to sometimes feel tired, sad or overwhelmed
>How do you get out of bed everyday?
Custom protein coffee shake with 22g of protein and probably too much caffeine.
>What keeps you going?
I have set myself goals in life that I pursue (mostly success with music). It's sorta hard since it's not a linear career like most people have, but I just keep pushing because I have a deep need to be heard.
>It's one of those days that I just can't manage to move
You should take a break from Veeky Forums (and any hate filled places really, like /pol/, reddit, tumblr, whatever). If you don't have goals in your life, make them. Be it career or just fucking lots of girls (or both), remember that each step in the right direction is huge in itself. Others may not understand this, but for us depressed, it's a big deal to be able to take these little steps towards normality. And you should be proud that you're walking even though you've got all that weight on your back.

> It's one of those days that I just can't manage to move

It's these days that does the difference. It's when it's hard that you have to be strong, not it's easy. Just shut the fuck up and go.

If you keep telling yourself that you're X, then you'll eventually end up being X.

It's a self fulfilling prophecy.

There was a time were I've spent all my time in front of a Monitor, doing nothing but playing vidya, jacking off, getting drunk. Repeat 24/7.
I had no goals, no ambition, nothing, but I wasnt sad, unhappy, anxious or depressed.

Once I've turned my life around and improved in every situation I started to get pre-depressed...
Haven't seen a doc but I'm pretty sure it's because I started to view my lIfe negatively... like I wasted my life up to now, im a failure for my age, why can't I enjoy social situations as much, people my younger have gf's and girls and no problem getting them etc.

Instead of focusing on what I'm good at and how I changed my life around, and how this was a huge achievement I chose to concentrate on the negatives...
Negatives that are only that if you compare yourself to the very top.

I then Todd myself I'm unhappy, or considering what I'm missing I have to be unhappy.
So I became unhappy.

Wait, so you started recovering and then you focused on the wrong things all over again?

If you feel like shit, if you slack off, if you don't do what you need to, the goat fucking ragheads over in the middle east, the feminazis, the white hating rich kids, all get what they want.
Usually gets me going.

Kys

I am a goathead in the Middle East man

Unless you're a radical muzzie my point stands

I think you might be legit depressed broheim. And you're in denial about it.

>tfw diagnosed with clinical depression by two separate doctors
>tfw still try do my absolute best every day
>tfw about 3/7 days it's just not enough and I can't get anything done

Recovering from what? Being a neet, fat,alcoholic vidya junkie who dismissed every and any social interaction and didn't care about it?
Yes. Yes I recovered from that.

But I wasn't depressed, I changed because I ran out of money to live on.
Found a job and got friends and therefore started to pay attention to things I just didn't care about before, like my body.

The depression hit after, when, through interaction with people, I realized what I have missed all those years, how I have wasted my youth, making everything so much harder now...

Ever tried partying and socializing when you didn't do that in your formative years? It feels unnatural.

So despite improving in EVERY single aspect in my life I started to get depressed, because I actually developed desire, ambition, wanted things that others had and I was seemingly to incompetent to do.
Life fucking girls, all my "normie" friends don't even think about that shit, they just do.
And seeing it being so easy for them while I struggle like a retard made me hate myself.

It didn't help that I was on a perma cut, yo-yoing and getting moody and shit.

>I dumb myself down
Lmao, I hope this is real. Holy shit lol

Maybe, but I feel fine currently.
I'm also pretty much functional in all aspects other than being overly happy I guess.

VITAMIN D
VITAMIN C

These definencies are common this type of year, make sure you're getting them. Low levels cause mood drop. Pills are cheap.

I look at the funny side of everything. I do my best to brush things off. If I fail or fuck up? "Haha damn that was bad better not do that again"
People ask me aren't you mad or get mad that I act this way when bad stuff happens. Honestly on the inside I get bummed but I just say "be mad at what? I can't do anything and it happened. There's no point in being upset"
I'm still a sad person but I do everything while complaining on the inside. It honestly helped me be slightly more confident. That's not saying I don't explode at times

Just exercise, talk to people around you and don't be such a downer. Avoid talking to depressing people

slow af reply~

heh, the anger phase? I'm (probably) about to cross that threshold myself

Getting out of NEET for me started with an idea, slow progress, adding more on everyday and then I got so fucking angry I had low standards all these years and never cared to aspire to more. Being set back financially (could've finished a degree by now if I didn't fall down a hole) or fitness wise doesn't bother me, what bothers me is all those years I could have been partying, socializing, fucking girls, building up social acumen.

With the head start everyone else has they make it look so easy.