/Happy/

Can we have a /happy/ thread? Let's focus on sharing some positive energy etc. I'll start :)

>Body starting to look great, not bulking rn, so still lean and good looking through the winter
>Getting loads of compliments from the people I care about
>Actually looking forward to a lot of things for the first time in a long time
>New Star Wars in less than two weeks
>I'm just generally happy, and I want to make you happy

I am glad to hear a possitive thing here for once, lot of hate on this board

I'm going on a survival trip tomorrow in northern canada, time to put my gains to use!

Nice! Going with somebody or by yourself?

Great to hear OP, we all gonna make it

Have fun brah

I dropped out of college because I hated it, but my parents were there to help me out of the funk. My Dad is a gym maniac and is helping me get into shape. 5 days a week. Since I've just started, I can barely lift the bar and I have no stamina at all, but we're making progress, giving me a full body workout followed by some swimming.

It's only been like a week but I feel happier and healthier, and I've never been closer to my father. Feels great man.

Sounds great man. When I started lifting I wanted to train with somebody, so I trained with my cousin who had at that point been lifting for about 5 years. 2 years later, we still lift together almost everyday and we're practically brothers.

Fuck I wanted happy feels. My dads been dead since I was 16. I don't lift, I box, and idk sometimes it bothers me that he'll never see me spar or compete. Enjoy it user.

Enough of that though I feel great. I've been working our hard all week after being out of commission for 4 days because of a nasty fucking cold. I should be sparring tomorrow 6 rounds. I'm looking forward to getting paid tomorrow and doing some Xmas shopping. Got a fat bag of kush waiting for me in the car. At work now taking a relaxing shit... Feels great.

FUck I wanna box too, I'm 18 years old, is it too late to start now?

>people have treat me noticeably better since I started lifting (still kinda spergy tho so that holds me back)

>i realize the fakeness of people and how their niceness is determined by how pleasant you are to look at. genuine benevolence or love just isn't fuckin real and the Veeky Forumster i get, the more of a lie i live. at least when i was dyel people disliked me with sincerity.

i wasn't ready for this feel

>Finally managed to contain my autism and get a qt
>Convince her to start going to the gym together and she's motivated to get fit
Feels good

Felt really energetic on backday and instead of doing 365 x 2 I managed to hit 365 x 4
Also despite having a fucked up arm I was able to finally hit 185 and it felt easy. Can't wait to go for 225
Now I have to work on managing time so I can focus on school/work/practice piano/cook healthy/try to fit in some relax time

you mean consumed to maintain body heat?

i finally hit 1 plate bench this week
on a different note my ass,legs, and lower back are all sore as fuck today after playing an hour long game of football yesterday
you guys think i should hit leg and back day today?

I fell in love for the first time (college freshman) with this short haired qt who I met in a shitty student group
We meet one last time before finals.
I think I'm going to ask her out to food after the group meeting

Well... this thread isn't for me

Sorry to hear about your dad user.

I'm sure he's looking down on you feeling proud.

Never too late.

All relationships are transactional my friend. Life actually gets easier after you get over the depression of this realization, since you realize that inputs = outputs and you have some degree of control over inputs.

Nicely done lad.

Hit your workout, just take care warming up, jump weights slowly, go for more reps at lower weight instead of higher intensity

No matter how it goes, you are taking a step, try to maintain outcome independence

Maybe not today

Are you me?

I know how people treated me when I was a chubby guy, I know how people treated me when I was a 300 pound fatty and I know how people are treating me now that I've been lifting and I'm nearing my goal weight. The differences are incredible.

Grills check me out all the time and give me indicators of interest like twirling their hair, bumping into me, smiling etc. Sometimes they approach me in public during the day with "hey, how are you?" or something like that (which is pretty unimaginable since I live in the autismo central called Finland). They seem nervous around me - when they see me, they start touching their hair and/or wrist. Cashiers are a lot friendlier and sometimes they pack my groceries for me without me asking. When I'm about to cross a road, cars stop for me way more frequently than before.

Now, if I could get my head fixed so I wouldn't feel repulsion, disgust and anxiety every time a girl tries to seduce me, that would be great. I don't even know why. I mean it's kind of flattering that they are showing interest in me but somehow I'm just not feeling it. No homo.

perhaps you feel repulsed due to reasons similar in that pic

you feel as though they are meat robots, succumbing to their programming, unable to view their existences objectively

but i ask you this: does denying your programming bring you any greater happiness? it can certainly bring more wisdom, and tolerance breaks from all vices are encouraged, but playing the game even though it's rigged and you know the rules and the outcomes might still be more entertaining than just watching it.

Ask her for coffee instead, eating can be a dangerous play because if it gets awkward you're stuck, and eating is kind of awkward to begin with.

If you choose to get food, strategically order things that you can eat neatly, with 0 risk of spills or other mishaps. Pasta is a terrible idea take it from me. Literally dropped my spaghetti on my first ever date

Fuck. I graduated uni, but my parents are still disappointed in me because I didn't live up to my potential and live the life they wanted. It's mostly my fault because I never put in any effort, but they kept pushing me until I stopped caring. I envy you, your parents sound like they love you unconditionally and support you. My a looks at me with disappointment despite never amounting to much himself, because we both know I could have been exceptional. I'm still doing better than most people without putting any effort, but I wish I had tried harder or given a fuck. The worst part is that my parents will never admit they had any part in me turning out the way I did, as far as they are concerned, they were the perfect parents.

there's still time for you to change

parenting is hard

you are also not a vessel to carry out the desires of your parents

>bumping into me

Is this actually a thing? I ask because I've noticed recently that girls walking the other way down the street always fucking seem to veer off towards me and force me to move at the last second.

Are they trying to bump into me? Is that what this shit is because it's fucking annoying as fuck. Like I'll be walking happily along and this girl will just change her trajectory and start coming right at me.

Are they trying to be subtle or something because it's fucking obvious they're doing it on purpose. I thought they were just being dicks but I guess not.

No dudes do that. Like literally no guy has ever purposefully changed his path to hit me. Girls do it regularly. I had like three girls do it on the walk back from Uni tonight.

Next one that does it is getting banged out and thrown in a hedge.

Yes.

Last night I was at the checkout line of a supermarket and this girl was standing in front of me. She looked over her shoulder, saw me, turned her head away really quick. Then she waited a moment and took a step back - "oooooppppsss, sorry, teeeeeeheeeeeee :)"

You seem like you understand where I am coming from. You're right; parenting is hard, and my parents were just doing their best without realizing doing their best doesn't mean they are doing it right.
I want to change, but how? I graduated with a shit GPA from partying too much, but I had almost perfect scores on standardized tests all my life without studying (so I'm definitely mentally capable), but I can't seem to motivate myself or find a career/path with the earning potential I want. I feel like the mistakes I've made in my education are preventing me from ever reaching my potential. I want to be better, but can't find the motivation to become better.

>Have an amazing girlfriend
>Just started lifting two days a go and although I lift light, am making gains and feel like I can make it
>Graduating high school 12 weeks early
>Going to adopt a dog this summer
>I used to be a complete fuck up in school but now I'm the model student
Feels good man

Any tips on how to get better at studying? I'm smart but just really fucking lazy.

nofap

sobriety (alcohol/cannabis)

you have low motivation because you are content on a lower level. remove the comforts and crutches and you are forced into action

Did 95 kg squats today which is personal best for nice 3 sets of 5 (following SS)
Did 42,5kg OHP same as above
Cooked food for tomorrow which is 1kg of chicken breast and about 300g of brown rice
explained some chicks that keeping feet on bench during bench press is not best idea ever and they didnt seem to be mad about it

Now im going to see some more instructionals
fap and take a nap for dem sweet gains

Im about to release all this hatred in the gym, will report back as happy user

Just ended a toxic ass relationship 4 weeks ago, I was a fucking wreck for two weeks, but then I noticed some easy to fix flaws with myself that have held me back and kept me miserable for years. I know fixing these issues will have a drastic impact on my quality of life in the future. I have a newfound focus for the gym and proper dieting. I am very quickly becoming more outgoing and maintaining positive energy throughout the day, which is also resulting in me enjoying my job (which I absolutely DESPISED before) and has me interested in going back to school.

I haven't felt this good in a really, really long time. Godspeed gents.

It's funny how much more enjoyable work is when you manage your time, know you'll get there on time, feel good so treat people well, get accomplishment out of performing well

What were your flaws?

Roids = Left
Most people here = Right

Convert the discipline, patience, and ambition you gain from the gym into other activities in your daily life. Surely but slowly, you will become a better person. Not because of your parents, but for yourself.

I always felt socially outcasted and rejected and I could never figure out why. Used to have insane social anxiety, but I fixed that with a party phase involving a shitload of drugs and alcohol. Turns out there are residual habits left from said social anxiety that were keeping me from making friends and fucking bitches that I didn't even think about. Mostly concerning body language, eye contact, smiling, filtering my words etc. This causes me to come across as really unhappy and anti-social. Last few weeks I've focused on these things during every social interaction and the difference is fucking astounding. I'm having better conversations, I'm better at flirting, people are starting to like me more and are telling me I seem like a way happier person.

Wake up early and study for 30 minutes, study more during the week and do fun stuff on the weekend. TAKE NOTES. Just keep studying until it becomes a habit bro and you will be good at it, it might seem like a cliche but perfect practice makes perfect.

Why did u not like college?
College education is pretty important but that's my personal opinion I guess.

>implying you need roids to look good
>implying you need to be that big too look good

Pic related you can be natty and look GREAT

(no it's not a photo of me)