What is your reaction to this?

Everyone starts somewhere...

read the fucking sticky you nonce

>Rounded shoulders
>Looking straight down
>Legs locked out
>Lower back rounded
>Sneakers
Bad form. He's got a one way ticket to Snap City.

Rude

Next time, teach him.

Please.

He is better than those "tomorrow" faggots

But he doesn't know what he is doing, and shouldn't be posting that shit on social media (if he did post it, not someone making fun of him).

He might make it, hard to say from this picture. In any case he needs to READ THE STICKY or someone needs to help him IRL

His form is bad but he's trying. Someone needs to set him straight, at least he's not on some stupid machine.
Still pretty new myself but what exactly is wrong with sneakers. Should I be wearing flatter shoes.
>Pic related my lifting shoes.

Sorry. Here

those look like running shoes, his are probably less squishy. also mirin cankles

There's nothing terribly wrong with them but if you're doing deadlifts then the compressible material in the sole may remove stability which can lead to snap city.

please dont photograph at the gym man..

>nike
>running shoes
nice joke user

Why are white people such pricks?

Any decent person would help the poor chap out instead of pulling their iPhone out and displaying him to their normie friends to look cool

This place is brutal.

YUNG LEAN THAT YOU

>this is why I don't go to the gym

>Still more time spent in the gym then Veeky Forums

maybe the guy lifting the weight is friends with the guy who snapped the pic

Bump

you're gona fuck your shit up sqatting/diddlying in those famalam. get something like chucks or vans with a sole that doesn't compress.

Mm

THIs

>kids been fat his entire life
>one day something clicks, he needs to make a change
>considers going to the gym, but is overwhelmed by a crippling fear of judgment
>in spite of this, he manages to overcome his greatest fear and take his first step on his journey to self improvement
>ends up on some dickheads snapchat

>I warm up with 135 - but I've seen people bigger than me warm up with just the bar.
>The little weights could be to gauge whether or not he is holding the bar level during his warm up.
>Note the 45 pound plates on the floor
>His form is bad, he is probably starting out.
>I see dudes rip on chicks for being bitches towards other chicks, cat fighting bitches. But they say bros actually look out for each other... No one has his back. Some cockhead just snapped a picture and laughed, probably from an curl bench.

leave the fucking kid alone, he's trying to improve himself, you should be encouraging him, not making fun of him on your fucking numale millenial instachat horseshit

this. It's usually people who deep down are weak as fuck who do shit like this.

yfw this kids mental strength is probably stronger than the guy taking the picture's physical strength will ever be.

Who's the real beta here?

I have much more respect for the guy in the picture than for you or for anyone that doesn't even try

>More information available to him than any of his ancestors.
>rounded back

Why don't these people at least Google the exercise first?

For the longest time, I thought you were supposed to deadlift with both a straight back AND straight legs. I bent over at the waist, keeping legs straight, and pulled the bar up. I made it to 3pl8 doing this until someone finally told me I was supposed to bend my legs. When using proper form, I was forced back down into the 200s somehow. I don't know how I stayed snap-free that whole time but for some reason I managed to deadlift incorrectly up to 3pl8 without any injury.

Everyday Veeky Forums makes fun of people for no reason(fat, short, ugly).... Some dweeb deadlifting less than what a starting lifter curls and everyone shows respect for his courage likes this is reddit

HARD. FLAT. SOLED. SHOES.

Converse work great for that. Get shoes with the raise heel if you're gonna do olympic lifts.

Pathetic.
Don't take pictures of people at the gym.
He's trying.
Might be light, might be bad form, but it's not like 50lbs is gonna snap his back, and it's not like he's never gonna learn good form.
Probably a pic taken by someone who only trains biceps and abs by doing curls at the squat rack and crunches right in the middle of the gym.

He's still a beginner. Light weight, bad form, it comes with the territory. 99% chance he'll realize his mistakes later.

Wow such a big person, truly a man, taking pictures of people in the gym who are just starting off and actually trying to improve themselves.
It takes a truly good person to do that, especially when people like that have a lot of anxiety about going to the gym because they're afraid retards like yourself will make fun of them or even worse take pictures of them.

Pure flows are pretty legit

Honestly, I just assumed that he was getting in position to do rows? Are we sure that he's deadlifting in the first place?

>shoes in the picture are slightly different
>original picture has a different kind of floor

0% MATCH

My first thought.

lookin big and strong already :^)

Give him some form tips and encourage him. Yeah its atrocious but everyone has to learn their way into lifting.

I feel pride, that someone is trying this for the first time. I feel sad, because he's probably going to injure himself with incorrect form and equipment, and it will

I feel nothing but loathing for OP standing around and taking a pic of Plebby McFuck-knuckles instead of helping him with his form. OP should have shown him how to bench this workout instead, and suggested some changes for deadlift workouts.

Disgust towards the shallow person who took this picture

Everyone starts somewhere, at least show some respect to those who actually decide to do start and not just stay at home shitposting

Probably a nigger who tools this picture and only dead nigger souls would find it funny

>implying anybody gives a shit about your respect
It's about avoiding humiliation

>you will never have a lifting apprentice who you can guide in both lifts and life
It's a bad feel.

lol at that hungry sheboon in the back never gonna make it

>squatting the bar
>with a pussy bad

Fucking women, what a joke

No one wants to be an apprentice to you in life with that beta attitude, anyways.

I started at the bar for every compound and now it's 1.5pl8, 2.5pl8, 3pl8

I remember my first day...guy asked if I needed the 1pl8's on c-c-c-could you take those off I can't even take them off myself.

autistswon'tgetthejoke.jpg

My thoughts aren't important here, but I'll tell you the thoughts of the person that took that picture.

>hahaha look at that guy
>that form
>that weight
>it's all much worse than mine
>OK enough of that time to deadlift my 1pl8

don't worry, both of you will make it eventually

Rob?

You're not the hottest kike in the oven are you? He never claimed to be the kid in the picture you retard.

>All these niggers saying you should help him

Most people don't deserve help, if they don't bother looking things up on their own or asking for advice instead of waiting for someone to come babysit them, then they deserve to snap their shit.

lol
>getting memed up this hard

converse aren't good at all for most footings in squats/deadlifts.

Stiff legged deadlift is a legit exercise. Your hamstrings must've been pretty strong getting all the way to lmao3pl8. Makes no sense that you had to drop the weight when doing a standard deadlift, though.

fpbp. OP is a faggot.

1. Bad form needs tutor
2. Everyone starts somewhere
3. Someone tell me where this gym is so I can send OP's picture there and get OP banned for making fun of their clients online, please.

What is the alternative to 600 dolars weightlifting shoes?

Ehh. It's the internet nowadays, everyone gets made fun of. It's not that serious, if he has any motivation something this dumb won't stop him.

This. Like the deadlift. It starts at 135.

You so realize stiff legged deadlifts are a thing right?

LMAO
Getting an iPad for Christmas, can't wait to go to the gym in January and start taking pics of skellys squatting the bar

LMAO

just take them off and lift in socks for squats and diddlys

i can squat 2 25pl8. am i pathetic u guys? how long until i can do real pl8s u think?

40 quid weightlifitng shoes.

I've had my adipowers for three years and they're basically the same as the day I got them. Great investment

Is he wearing jeans?

i don't know about your gym but here if you are squatting 1pl8 you are already king. there are maybe a total of 3 people doing squats, 2 of them over 2pl8. all the idiots are on machines or dumbbells

Such pics and videos are almost always taken by white people, especially white women, rarely is it some person of colour.

But yeah it takes a very shallow soulless fuck to do such things

You sure he isnt doing a jefferson curl?

>everyone starts somewhere
>deadlifting 25kg

For what purpose?

hey thanks for the confidence boost haha

This is why I haven't signed up with a gym yet

>you need to know these ~10 different lifting forms- and be able to pull them off perfectly, first try, under moderate lode- or everyone will be laughing at you behind your back forever
Doesn't help I have an armspan longer than my height and zero starting musculature, so I'll have to start out with

ive always done my lifts bear foot is this good or bad?

You know what's seriously missing here?

Yes everyone has to start somewhere, but if you can't get 1pl8 on the bar, it's too fucking low to lift properly.

When I first learned deads, the PT put 10kg plates on and then had a wooden plate the size of a 20 to make it lift normally while I learnt form.

I've never seen this since or online anywhere, and I do recommend.

I think the person who took the picture is a loser and will never make it.

Who has the time to take pictures of random guys in the gym?

I would offer to take him under my wing, we were all there at one point.

Form isn't great but mine was horrific when I first started deadlifting. I could barely bench 40kg on the Smith machine when I first started lifting, now I can bench 130+ for reps @93kg. Everyone starts somewhere, good on the guy.

>armspan longer than height
That's an ideal, long-armed deadlift cheating physique.
Get to it faget

no you fucking retard

No Bar clips!

>Act like a hurt pansy who can't take criticism
>Act like a woman with a hemorrhaging vagina
>Can't handle the bantz, which are essential in all male-centered subcultures
Choose all of the above

The BANTZ are essential if you want to improve, you stupid newfags. It's exactly this sort of ridicule that creates an uncompromising standard that at the same time discourages bad form and promotes a sense of stoicism. How? Because you learn not to care about the things that you cannot change and focus on the ones that you can, and the ridicule of this board does just that. Without it, you'd get crossfit or tumblr - nobody can do any wrong, everything is acceptable even if it causes harm or misery. To accept this in the realm of fitness is to abandon fitness entirely.

Odd that so many pansies would turn up here, on the board that spews stoic shit the most while ignoring its actual meaning. I leave you with a quote from a book you claim to have read, but actually haven't:

>Of things some are in our power, and others are not.... And the things in our power are by nature free, not subject to restraint nor hindrance: but the things not in our power are weak, slavish, subject to restraint, in the power of others. Remember then that if you think the things which are by nature slavish to be free, and the things which are in the power of others to be your own, you will be hindered, you will lament, you will be disturbed, you will blame both gods and men: but if you think that only which is your own to be your own, and if you think that what is another's, as it really is, belongs to another, no man will ever compel you, no man will hinder you, you will never blame any man, you will accuse no man, you will do nothing against your will, no man will harm you, you will have no enemy, for you will not suffer any harm.

Rise above your condition as a slave, follow your will to power and push through anything that stands in your way, pansy

Bought these today, got sick of deadlifting barefoot and the ankle support is nice

At least the guy is trying, taking photos mocking beginners is EXACTLY what puts people off going to the gym and gives the people that do go a bad name.

What a cunt.

holy fedora batman

People forget that they used to be dyel with shit form and laughable strength at one point. I never laugh or poke at others in the gym when they don't know what they're doing.

It makes me remember how pathetic I used to be and makes me turn up the intensity on my current workout.

So fucking what? If you're still a slave to someone else's opinion and judgement then fucking off yourself. Nobody owes you anything and it's nobody's job to make your life bettet but your own; take a pic of me and see if I care faggot

nut up and enjoy the gains later on. everyone starts somewhere. all advice you will get is a variation on this theme, be a man

God damn Heretics

this

Das raicis' mane.

if you make fun of somebody for the weight they use, you are cunt.

but is okay to make fun of his form

hahaha

So you don't get bullied by neckbeards who don't even lift?

Since we are on the subject of deadlifts, how do I initiate leg drive at the bottom?

I understand that knees and hips are meant to unlock and lock at the same time, but whenever I do heavy load my knees shoot out first and I have to use lower back to handle the rest.

How do I avoid snap city?

The guy taking this picture is probably an insecure faggot who constantly needs to pick on others to feel good about himself. Probably a DYEL as well.

Oh shit, it's a deadlift? I thought he was doing "bent-over" rows.

Stand up and help him, in the gym we are bros.

Wait I thought it was bent over rows too

They're good for climbing trees though. That rubber sole hugs tree bark like its life depends on it.

>It's exactly this sort of ridicule that creates an uncompromising standard that at the same time discourages bad form and promotes a sense of stoicism
But it only works if you actually rib the guy. Posting it to snapchat so people can laugh on the internet doesn't help anyone