What grip do you use for Deadlifts?

What grip do you use for Deadlifts?

mixed hook

Double underhand hook

Overhand for warmups. Hook for the working sets

mixed, then mixed+chalk for work weight

whats the difference between hook and regular overhand

i do overhand for warmups and mixed for working

One requires the amputation of your thumb, the other fails at any weight worth lifting.

Regular has the thumb going outside the fingers. Hook has the thumb touching the bar and the fingers wrapping around both. It takes some getting used to, but it's very secure unless you have very small hands or short fingers

Uhhhhh why would you ever what are you doing

double overhand until grip strength starts failing and then switch it to mixed grip

this

mixed

>deadlifthing with BOTH hands

>Almost 3pl8 for reps
I really don't want to switch to hook or mixed grip but I feel I'll have to soon.

Mixed grip. Overhand doesn't work for me, since I have bitch level grip strength. I've never used hook grip, and I dunno how to start, and can't really get a straight answer on if it's gonna fuck me up or not.

>Tfw small hands
It really does suck, guys.

You just wrap your fingers around your thumb, like you're hooking on to it.
It'll hurt your thumb a bit.

Triple overhand mixed flip flap texas style, burn it and let it swim.

Will it do any kind of damage, though? I've heard horror stories in other threads, but I'm honestly unsure if I'm getting meme'd or not.

Athletes use it for any olympic lift. Like snatches and shit.
You think they're going to use conventional on those motherfuckers?

But no, you'll be fine. You'd know if it was going to cause enough damage to be permanent from the getgo.

double overmixed.

Double overhead until I pass 3pl8. My grip is okay, but anything more than that, I feel better doing over/under.

do backoff sets and warmups with double overhand

squeeze the fuck out of anything you hold

Do you deadlift with...one hand?!

>not willing the weight up with sheer anger
just get out now

you don't?

do you know what deadlifts are?

double overhand. I haven't needed anything else yet, but when I tried hookgrip i found it immensely uncomfortable. might have to start getting used to that. maybe work on it with light cleans

double overhand, but im only at 2.5pl8 so probably gonna have to learn hookgrip very soon. do you still need chalk if you hookgrip?

>not altering the passage of time so the weight is already lifted before you even go to the gym

Cmon man, are you even trying?

I do zercher deadlifts because they help work my lower back really well. On maxes I have to switch to double underhand though.

>Tmw I use straps

chalk can only help, my family.

>not overhead deadlifting

do you even want to make it?

Mixed cuz I have sweaty hands for hook grip and no chalk and mixed works fine for the weights I lift which is ain't a lot cuz natty and aesthetic

Double overhand for warmups until it isn't possible safely anymore, then hook for working sets.

Mixed grip is for fags.

220kg max deadlift for 1 rep.

I've watched to many biceps tear compilations, fuck mix gripped. I go overhand then when grip gives out or go heavy I use straps like a fag

Or you could just not curl the weight

Double overhand until ~180kg. Then mixed grip. Hook grip is for dumbasses.

I use the one where i am not wearing leggings and don't have a shitty tattoo on my wrist.

Double overhand. My grip use to fail a lot when getting to higher weights but my grip strenght has increased by a fuckton so no problems anymore, at least for now. I don't do rep maxes anymore so I don't need to switch just yet.

Overhand for warmups
Mixed for work reps
Mixed + chalk for prs

hkgrp mstrrc

Double underhand, helps enganging The lats. Hook grip underhand at 1400kg +

140'

I use death grips

Double overhand. With mixed grip you will develop an imbalance eventually.

One day the rest of your body will catch up to your grip strength

i don't even use arms to lift the bar. i use a chain around my neck

When? I've been deadlifting double overhand for 3 years now.

overhand as long as i can, then swap to mixed for the heaviest sets

i attach the bar to my neck using a strong rope

C'MON it's called DEADlift for a reason

>not doing single arm 3pl8 deadlifts when doing curls

Never gonna make it

Deathgrip for deathlift

Overhand during warmups, mixed grip during the real workout and swapping the grip between each set to offset imbalances

>very secure unless you have very small hands or short fingers

Very short fingers here, can confirm. Hook grip is still very useful tho, and it doesn't really fail me except for snatch grip diddies with high-ish intensity for reps.

>tfw women hands and grip failing me on 100 kg after lifting for a couple of weeks
could I switch grip to up the weight again? it's not as fun when you are not

>warmups with double overhand
>working sets with straps

I tried mixed grip and hook grip but they just dont feel right to me and because I DL quite often atm I just use straps for working weights instead.

Suicide grip

mixed grip
my fingers are unironically too short for hook grip or I'm just fucking it up. I don't have small hands but it's all palms with stubby fingers
double overhand begins to fail when I go over 3pl8

Hook grip for my regular lifts, mixed when attempting a pr.

Double mixed overhand

This tbqh famalamadingdong

Came here to post this, but when I saw your post I realized it wasn't very funny.

Double underhand

Suicide grip here

double overhand for warm ups.
straps for working weight

double overhand because I only do bitch weight for now. I'll probably switch to mixed once my grip fails.

>new to lifting
>grip starts failing at 200 lbs
Someone save me

>straps
>working weight

I use fucking straps, because I don't fucking care anymore about the 'deadlift trains your grip' meme.

Never failed a lift because I couldn't keep the bar in my hands, not even while deadlifting 5pl8 or shrugging 7pl8 so why the fuck bother with grip on 5-8 reps?

Do farmers walks

Chalk.

You're getting sweaty baby hands, because you're still lifting babby weight.

Seriously, chalk is sometimes the difference between 260lbs and 500lbs on grip

Does fapping make your grip strength really good?

I'm asking because my deadlift is 40% higher than my other main lifts at this point. I keep going up on the deadlift, but my other lifts are stalling.

I have kinda small and sweaty hands and the only way to effectively go hook grip is to use sports tape on my thumb and middle finger because my gym doesn't allow chalk. I usually go double overhand for warm ups and mixed for working sets and alternate after 2-3 reps or between sets. Usually do double overhand static holds with 2pl8 2xF and 1pl8 2xF afterwards with 1minute of rest in between.

>double bicep tear

>double overhand grip used to fail around 225x2
>started doing static holds with bar and after pullups
>can safely do 265x3 now
I guess farmers walks work too. Just do something that isometrically trains your grip.

Double overhand, straps for my two heaviest sets. Starting to use hook grip for lighter sets.

Hook

Yeah never mind that stage 4 valgus he's got

DOH for warmup sets, mixed for working set, been experimenting with hook but fuck, my thumbs hurt like hell

Do less rep per series with heavier weight. Do many other lifts that work forearms, like pull ups or hammer curls.

Mixed and have never failed a rep due to grip

Shame about the cheating though

I can't physically do hook grip because my thumbs aren't long enough. They look like pic related but even more pronounced.

That mutant feel.

Your biceps will be kill

With mixed you should switch which hand is under and which hand is over on each set, so it evens out.

>not deadlifting with dumbbells
Enjoy scraping your shins.

But then you still have the increased risk of tearing your bicep.

FUCK YOU GUYS

This thread is the first I ever heard of hook, did my diddlys about an hour ago and it hurt my thumbs real bad :(

I wouldn't start learning hook with the diddly doo

Explain, cheating how?

I do a non-conventional (but not sumo) deadlift where you set the bar to arms length above your shoulders and load it. It doesn't really required you to grip the bar, just keep it in the palm of your hands, and when you unrack, instead of working agains't gravity, you work with gravity. You hold the bar directly above your shoulders, jaw and midfoot then you let go. None of this complicated decisions about how to grip.

He talking about the
>le sumo deadlift meme

It's a legit exercise, and especially if you have long ass legs relative to your torso and arent a manlet scum

Just regular old mixed, hook grip is a meme

I'm just waiting for someone to draw this in MS paint

double overhand for pause deadlift and warmups, mixed grip for heavy. gotta turn those forearms into tree trunks whenever you can

Wait what? You deadlift holding the bar in front of your shoulders with your arms bent upwards? How can you possibly support that weight with your arms when you're leaning so far forward?

Also, it's called a deadlift because you lift it from dead weight each rep. It sounds more like you're doing front squats.

>Double overhand for all warm-ups, and as high as I can go (about 250 currently).
>Lifting hooks for my max set of five (currently 305).

Both my double overhead, and my lifting hook assist deadlifts are progressing well. I am not limiting myself by the weakest link in my chain (grip), and I am not ignoring the weakest link in my chain because I push myself as far as I possibly can every time I Deadlift.

After my max set of Deadlifts with hooks - I deload and do double overhand static holds till failure.

I don't do mixed grip because fear of bicep tear.

no, you hold the bar directly above your head with your arms extended and then you let go and let the bar roll past your hands, no grip necessary

Double overhand always. If I can't hold it I don't need to lift it. Currently at 4pl8 3x8