COCOON MODE

COCOON MODE FAGS REPORT IN

ARE YOU DEPRESSED OR HAVE YOU EMBRACED YOUR LIFE OF CONSTANT LONELINESS?

Who here /nosociallife/?

>/r9k/ losers making up shit to feel better

This shit is full if shit and I hope all of you sub humans realize the wasted their lifes when you are old.

FUCK YOU
This is about fitness, not your sub humanity.

My only interaction with humans is shitposting on Veeky Forums

>Never gonna make it

I'm cocoon mode and it's fine. I wasted the ages of 19 - 26 training boxing 2 or 3 nights a week max because I was too distracted by pussy and friends.

Now I train 5 nights a week, sometimes twice a day if I'm off work; sometimes I don't even have a day off training because I have nothing better to do. Since then I got fitter than ever; i started competing in boxing (and winning).

All the committed guys are always down the gym training every weeknight; you don't get anywhere unless you commit and that means a good diet and no alcohol/drugs. If I were to fit "friends" in then I'd have to give up evenings training and I don't want to do that. Why give up my dreams for people who aren't worth it? Now I surround myself with my team down boxing and they're all in the same boat and it's fine.

You're saying I'm wasting my life by focusing and chasing my dreams? I'm saying you're wasting your life by wasting your potential. Apply yourself nigga.

Me too. Shitposting on Veeky Forums and chatting to the guys down boxing; we got the club christmas party on the 16th of december and it'll be my first social event since march. I can't wait; I've got my eye on a girl who trains down there and I'm gonna see if I can get in her pants. No gf though because I'm too busy for that shit.

To be fair it's all true though.

I'd agree with you if the pic was suggesting cocoon mode is a much better way of life but both characters are sad wojaks.

Girlfriends are bad for gains. It's objective science.

>tips

>Wasting your potential
If you can't manage a social life and going to the Gym at the same time, yes you are loser.
If your goal is to look like Rice Piano, then yes you are a loser.
If the center of your life is the Gym and your not attenting competions, then yes you are a loser.
A balanced life is the Key to success, not your gay ass cocoon shit.

How is cocoon mode cocoon mode if you have a job?

You need a job to save the money.

Cocoon mode is saving and working out. Essentially like turtling in old RTS games.

It is not the Hikikimori lyfe

Wise. Complete abstinence is easy. Moderation and self control is hard. Though sometimes you take it easy in one area to double down in another.

What is the end game of cocoon mode?

What type of job do you have?

Semi-cocoon mode here
>lifting 4 times a week
>hang out with my 2 friends once a week to keep my social skills
>no job
>hitting macros everyday and making mad gains
>reading 2-3 books a day
>learning a new language
>no drugs or alcohol

>People don't think you're an autist
Who cares? It literally have no meaning after you graduate highschool.
Just live as you like, whatever makes you happy and makes you feel fulfilled.
People are too busy on thinking what's yours opinon on them, to think about you.

Depends how hard you apply yourself. Let me walk you through my day today:

Wake up and drive to work: 5am
Work: 6am - 6pm
Boxing class 7.30pm - 9pm
Then i drive home and try to sleep only to do the same again the next day. I do that 4 days a week (I work 4 day weeks).

My "friends" are only free in the evening which is when I go boxing. On weekends I have my son overnight and he means more to me than going out and drinking.

But then lets say I go out with my friends; I can't drink alcohol or eat shit because I'm cutting weight for an upcoming fight and i don't like drinking alcohol anymore anyway. All night theres a weird atmosphere as they get more drunk and I'm sober; and although i don't drink I can still dance and try to chat to girls but the girls are trying to get me drinking and my friends are secretly jealous of my commitment.

I apply myself.

What type of job do you work?

I think of it like this fampai.

I don't need approval from people I don't approve of. Everyone is so boring and living to the same standard of "settle down and watch tv everynight, go out one night a week to get drunk with friends".

I am more interesting than that; they might think I'm weird but I think they're boring as fuck.

I'm a boxer who studies buddhism; goes hiking; drops acid seeking religious experiences and has a fun life. I've been in the ring and put myself on the line and seen what I've made of; I've fought someone who wouldn't quit and I kept coming forward and overcame all of their offense and took everything they could throw. I've taken LSD and faced my inner demons everyone else just chooses to ignore; I seek to improve myself when everyone just "makes do".

I'm a stores person for a large industrial company; it's a mix of a desk job and dealing with orders/deliveries. Right now I'm at work but theres not much to do this afternoon so I'm shitposting on Veeky Forums.

Some weeks I have to work night shifts 6pm - 6am so I wake up early to go to the gym and train; or do hill sprints. On my final nightshift I go to the gym in the morning after work. It might seem excessive but this is exactly why I'm cocoon mode; my back is against the wall and I have no alternatives other than chasing my dreams because I can't go back to just "training a couple nights a week; drinking in town and chasing girls and wishing I was doing more with my life".

I am literally making a serious run at boxing; my trainer will be taking a load of guys over to norway to fight next year and i'll be one of the guys going over and being paid to fight. Feels good.

>I am more interesting than that; they might think I'm weird but I think they're boring as fuck.

Good for you then.
My point was that ultimately it doesn't matter, who's boring and who's not. Just live your life as you like. Maybe some of them find joy in the routine of their lives, that's why they don't do anything about it.

>amateur boxer who takes drugs

So interesting.

>tfw you have get 48 school credits (out of 60) this period
>no time for anything but studying, not even jacking off to posts in the Asian thread on /hm/
no homo
>juicehead gymbro wants to lift, tell him I can't
>he tells me I quit lifting
>he's bullying me on Facebook as we speak

I think he's going to rape me or something

what do Veeky Forums? :(

black magic is dissapointed

who's this qt?
no homo

does he lift in the netherlands?

DAT FILE NAME!!! HES NOT CHINESE

>tfw no cute gf that can wear my extra small baseball vest

lol mad

are you me

I went cocoon mode involuntarily because of being NEET and having no friends
Lost all motivation to lift because of depression so now I'm just a sad cunt that doesn't even lift

>tfw tomorrow is the two year anniversary of our first injection

time goes by so fast

mfw never came close to the high of test

pic related

you when cacoon mode

get a job faggots

>you will never have this

>your gymbro will never wear this for you
why live

>tfw my gymbro actually stopped lifting
>tfw no more ECA stack fml
>tfw everyone knows im not natty
>tfw took some sketchy chinese clenn im fcked

Why did your gymbro stop lifting?

Cocoon mode is just a "reject them before they reject you" mentality to make NEETs feel better about themselves. You will be happier with friends, most normalfags don't party constantly, plenty of women are not complete shit (saying they are is just another "reject them first" thing), and plenty of normalfags get fit so the picture's idea of normalfag mode is retarded. Also, anyone can go for walks, anyone can take boxing lessons, and anyone can learn a new language, so your hiking/boxing/language hobby is not that unique and not a valid excuse for having no friends.

fuck off normie

Okay thanks, you have fun browsing Veeky Forums until 2 am in the name of self improvement.

he grew a vagina

> Also, anyone can go for walks, anyone can take boxing lessons, and anyone can learn a new language, so your hiking/boxing/language hobby is not that unique and not a valid excuse for having no friends.

Anyone can dabble in it but not everyone can excel at it.

NEXT

Do you actually take pride in taking LSD?
And please don't give us that "I've faced my inner demons and fought someone who was very strong but I was stronger I'm so unique and I don't care if everyone else thinks I'm an autistic sperg" crap.

Why is Veeky Forums so full of these fedora-tier faggots?

you sure bruh?

How old are you?

When I was 24 or 25 I would of agreed with you. LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO WASTE; LIVE FOR THE NOW!

And now I look back and realized I wasted all time fucking about when I could of spent it better. I want to SPEND time, not waste time.

if I didn't then I wouldn't of mentioned it; you wouldn't understand though because you're in your box. You're not interested in pushing yourself to your limits; that's why you'll never make it.

No balance?

the cocoon life is better than normalfag simply by logic. when you are in cocoon means you will eventually develop into a butterfly while the normal fags will be invariably worse off because they didn't put in the necessary time to personal development. Most of the people I know have miserable lives of succumbing to instant gratification whenever it is presented and have no concept of long-term goals or even what self-esteem is. Don't worry bros, when they are 30-40 trying to find proper mates we will be the ones laughing. And when they are 50-60 the effects from partying/drugs/random sex will show themselves

>you'll never have a group of friends like that
>tfw your group of friends slowly died off
>you only have your gymbro

hold me

Is that why you are spending your time arguing on Veeky Forums?

Let me put it to you this way.

The select few people have the commitment to be Vegeta Prince of Saiyans; and others are happy being Yamcha.

>picking school above lifting

cmon its like u want to not make it

>developing social skills and forming bonds is a waste of time

Its sad that people are so delusional. I haven't had any real friends for 5+ years and I still managed not to stoop so low and develop /r9k/ delusions, and am still making the effort to at least maintain some basic socializing.

The fact that you try to convince yourself that its perfectly fine to live your life like that is sad and unhealthy. Reevaluate your life choices.

I'm at work pal; and I'm not arguing or even slightly triggered. I finish work in 1 hour and 10 minutes and then I'll drive to the boxing gym and do 90 minutes of padwork/conditioning/sparring.

Chill your titties user; if you're happy "doing ok" and balancing it all then that's fine; but I want to tip the scales toward my goals and aspirations.

You are speaking like there are only two extremes, either having no social life whatsoever or snorting cocaine out of a different hooker's anus every night. There is middle ground, and most people are in it. You will be happier if you have a good group of buddies to hang out with or a nice girlfriend, but you're probably too "redpilled" by other friendless losers on the internet to consider this advice.

what did you understand about the world that you didn't before you did LSD?

I'll answer for you: nothing, because your trip was just a subjective experience relative to your realm of emotions.
I agree that it has therapeutic effects but only if used in the presence of a psychologist or if you have deep self knowledge, which is impossible without said psychologist/therapy beforehand

Shut up autist; you're shitposting on a french croissant making imageboard just like the rest of us. You've not made it.

>I haven't had any real friends for 5+ years
>real friends

Kek. And you still don't admit that people aren't worth the time you invest into them. You went out of your way to state "real" friends because you know the friends you do have aren't worth it. Maybe you should reevaluate your life choices and put the time you waste on people you don't deem to be "worth" it on something more productive.

Based on other posts, you appear to be a 30+ year old man working a 12 hour per day job that is so important that no one cares if you spend your day shitposting on Veeky Forums. Boxing practice doesn't somehow make you better than people who actually balance work, health, and socializing. Get over yourself.

I used to have a very busy social life, but now I just hang with my select few friends and wife.

I don't care about impressing my old peers on social media anymore either.

"I have seen everything that is done under the sun, and behold, all is vanity and a striving after wind." Ecclesiastes 1:14

Unless you box professionally you are just dabbling.

Nothing wrong with that, you still have a social life, it's just limited to the people you like the most.

You don't even know the pill I'm on buddy.
I'm not arguing that most people are in the middle. I also agree that for those people having a group of friends to have a laugh and drink occasionally is perfectly fine, they don't have anything better to do anyway. Just waste life by being normal.
But for people that are into self-development normalfags are boring with their normalfag lives and their normalfag thoughts.

Look into the trials on psilocybin being used for depression; and the trials on MDMA being used to combat PTSD.

For me personally; I won't go into my realizations because you're too comfortable in your bubble to entertain the notion that maybe you're wrong.

I will tell how my life changed though. I was heavily depressed; I wanted to stop smoking weed and get Veeky Forums but I'd always quit and it was a constant cycle.

And then i tripped LSD with my gf at the time (who was experienced with tripping), it was my first time so guided me through it basically.

I realized I didn't believe in myself and thought I'd always fail so I didn't fully apply myself; I realized I did drugs because it was a way to pass the boredom until the day I finally died; I was heavily depressed and drugs were a way to numb the loneliness, the boredom and it made a boring life tolerable. It was the first time I actually admitted to myself I was depressed and not just "life is shit for everyone".

It showed me I'd be in a cycle; i could literally see every choice I'd ever made regarding girls, drugs and alcohol and how it was a circle of suffering; I'd keep hunting for happiness in the wrong the places.

From that point on I got Veeky Forums, I stopped drugs and I went from training 2 nights a week to 5 or 6 days a week. I was aware of how dangerous boredom and loneliness was for me; and I knew I had to occupy myself to stop myself getting depressed.

I drifted apart from my friends and they state that time period as the time we all started to drift apart; because i stopped drinking/doing drugs with them, I stopped placing value in shallow shit like chasing pussy/impressing people with trophy girls and instead I started working.

You can deny me all you like; but it changed my life drastically and after 6 years of boxing I didn't apply myself until after that trip. I always wanted to get competing but I didn't have the commitment or the work ethic.

Why are you so triggered and upset? Apply yourself to your art.

>they don't have anything better to do
All you have is a shitty 12 hour per day job, being an amateur boxer, and shitposting on Veeky Forums

I had a girlfriend and friends and I walked away from it all. I want my life to be more than a Seth Rogan romantic comedy; I want my life to be a Keanu Reeves action movie.

I'm not Why do you keep mentioning my job? Do you define yourself be your job? Are you one of THOSE people?

I work hard at what I love; sounds like you work hard for the green paper lie of the jew.

>i work hard
Youve been posting for an hour dude.

>HAHAHA YOU'RE SAD FOR PUTTING ALL YOUR TIME AND ENERGY INTO CHASING YOUR JOB

>Oh me? What am I doing tonight? Well it's friday so I'll go out with my friends like I do every friday; we'll go to the same bar; hit on girls; maybe I'll buy a pizza or something on the way home. Tomorrow will be cool because we'll do it all over again haha! Look at all my money btw aren't you impressed? I slept with a girl tonight too! Aren't you impressed? We got drunk and it was hell fun! We all tried going out without alcohol once but it was boring so we decided to drink to make it fun.

Yeah fag; I'm really missing out lol.

>I had a girlfriend and friends and I walked away from it all.

What why?

> I want my life to be more than a Seth Rogan romantic comedy; I want my life to be a Keanu Reeves action movie.

Ah yes, autism

>I work hard at what I love
I don't love my job. I do as little as possible for as much as possible.

I'll be working hard tonight; while you're getting drunk and repeating the same activities I'll be training hard and pushing myself to my limit; when we're sparring and I'm exhausted I'll reach down and find that strength to keep pushing that seperates me from everyone else.

Boxing showed me that I've got a fire inside; and that I don't quit when the chips are down.

Do you know how many "hard men" have come into the gym only to quit because they don't like being hit? I was shit when I first started boxing but I went through the fire and came out stronger; sometimes I had to crawl but I kept going and I came out steel. Most men quit.

Good for you user you came in contact with the reality of your life without trying to justify it and you felt depressed. Good. Why would I deny that?
You seem to be happy for now.
The thing is life is made of ups and downs. The therapy/psychologist advice was to help you in the future when the down part comes again (it will come invariably). Will you just take LSD again? The good thing about LSD is it lets you experience deep emotions because you dissociate from your false self which prevents you from experiencing those emotions. Did you get screamed at a lot when you were a kid and hit with instruments? After you said that you didn't know you were depressed and just thought life was bad for everyone... That's a deep disconnection from yourself. LSD helps with this but you need therapy ultimately

The older/wiser you get the more you realize who is important.

Haven't played any vidya either since I started getting serious about my future.

I definitely agree with this. I watched lot of friends fall for consumerism as they got older.

A lot seem to resent that I don't spend money eating out, buying the latest games, spending money at the club or other things.

I agree with the premise, but be careful with that line of thought.
The green Jew is wonderful. It is the expression of your ability to produce and negotiate your worth as a human.

Right now I pocket 90% of my net income saving for a business.

Money is only a Jewish trick if you treat it like a drug (like the goyim that live paycheck to paycheck)

It's excellent if you treat it like a tool.

Technical cocooner here. I moved away to college and am finally free of parents. But I know I need to get a gf now while the dating pool is so large so I'm eating big and lifting like never before.

Still haven't overcome my autism to talk to girls or go to events where I would meet girls with a few exceptions. So I will just keep improving myself until I'm confident enough or until one approaches me...which does happen about twice a year on average.

>What why?
Because I wasn't alive; I was just existing like everyone else. I want to shoot for the stars because even if I fail I'll have an exciting time getting there.

You can "balance" it all and all you will ever be is "good" at best; or you can fully commit yourself and see where it takes you.

I was in the exact same situation 1 year ago but then realized it was harder than expected to approach girls with my autism and the tinder/okc dating pool is pure trash. Got bigger tho

>personal development

The following are not considered personal development:
browsing Veeky Forums
watching Anime
playing video games

working out is personal development if you are doing it for the health benefits and not just for shallow aesthetics.

I used to be cocoon mode accidentally. Didn't have friends or gf. About 3 years ago I got a whole bunch of friends and 1.5 years ago a qt 3.14gf but the more time I spend with her and the more bullshit she wants me to do with her (plus the constant need for attention it's like she's a 5 year old) have me considering voluntary cocoon mode rn. Seriously. I feel like dropping her

Please tell me more about your standards Mr Monk.

See

Yeah, it's an endless switch cocoon / normalfag mode each one becoming annoying when you're a few months in...

the "balance" comments are the same people that use "you can't be an extremist" argument when you dedicate yourself to something. They just say that because they couldn't handle the loneliness of cocoon mode, despite knowing social interactions are mostly bs and no one really connects. It's just damage control.
A part of self-development is understanding your autism and owning it. Most girls will run away but you don't want anything to do with them anyway because they will be whores for the normies. If you come an alpha out of cocoon will you want to fuck random sluts or find a woman alpha? You'll be able to do both but the sluts will be a waste of time.

Tbqh, dem aesthetics have intrinsic value for socialization and business endeavors.

It's a useful tool.

Not a monk, and I'm guilty of many time wasting non personal development activities.

I'm just stating that "Cocoon Mode" is an easy way for NEETS to convince themselves they are headed in the right direction, while spending massive amounts of time doing jack shit that will actually improve their life.

i haven't attended a social event in 3 years. and that includes parties, birthdays, coffees, dinners etc etc

Do you think Conor Mcgregor never enjoyed himself? Do you think Floyd Mayweather does nothing but train?

You realize all successful people still have downtime right?

yea I agree.
The whole purpose of cocoon mode, if done right, is not going back to normalfag, but the savior of mankind or at least capable of dealing with reality as a whole without debilitating levels of stress (good health, smart, deep relationships, wealth). Normalfags can't do this without resorting to delusions and drugs

girlfriends are bad for gains? what?
have you guys even had a fucking relationship?
maybe if you are a cuck and you let that bitch be in charge then it is bad

i had a relationship with a cardiobunny for 1.4 years and it wasnt a big different at all, we would order pizza and eat once a week after hours of fucking but nothing more

Those guys honed their skills for years and made it to the pinacle of their respective professions. They each could basically retire and fuck off for the rest of their lives now. Having said that, they do go into a mini cocoon mode in the weeks leading up to a fight.

I definitely agree that a lot of NEETs use cocoon mode as an excuse for social isolation and self-indulgence.

To be honest though, I think that a select few video games animes or fiction books do have valuable insights or things to offer. Obviously, a lot of people will watch them to fill down time, but I think that certain shows really do offer insights of some sort-if it's good.

I haven't played a video game in nearly two years now, and I only watch 1 anime at the moment.

But do you think all they do is train? Do you think during a fight camp all people do is train?

Everyone has downtime. You can't train every single moment you're awake. Did you know Conor Mcgregor was really big on modern warfare 2 at one point and his life consisted of training; playing MW2 and fucking his girlfriend?

Tbh I'd consider MW2 to actually be very productive. It simulates rapid and reflexive decision making under high pressure.

I'm not saying that you need to play 6 hours a day or even 3, but a scenario like that it's definitely helpful every now and again.

This is why I don't believe that all video games are necessarily bad.

You die and nobody remembers you which is also irrelevant. It would be a nice simple and kind of philosophical choice if it weren't so goddamn boring.

Also "Constantly becoming a better person" my ass, if you have no externally imposed challenge and hardship you're bound to become complacent and stagnate, tell yourself what you want.

>moved to Washington in an attempt to go into "cocoon mode "
>started making friends right before I left, finally fit in somewhere for the first time in my life
>realize I want friends
>holy shit it's too late now to stop this
>move to WA, so hopeful and optimistic to make friends
>work with 5 other people, half are dicks other half have families
>have lived year for a 1 1/2
>no friends
>go to seattle by myself, try to go to meetups from online
>loneliness and depression have subsided into a dull, constant state of understimulation and resignation to my life of boredom and no friends until I can get the fuck out of here

The lesson is: don't go into fucking cocoon mode. Just balance your life with a little of everything

get a new job at a bigger place. Or change careers to one that will force you to deal with people.

>Constantly becoming a better person" my ass, if you have no externally imposed challenge and hardship you're bound to become complacent and stagnate, tell yourself what you want.

This. Hardship, pain, and challenges are what make you better and stronger, not sitting alone in your house reading philosophy books.

I work under a contract; a year and a half left.

cocoon mode but with a fwb or whatever the fuck she is

honestly thinking about cutting her out, it's really not worth it, but I'll probably keep her because physical contact is nice

I tried cocoon mode but could only manage the social isolation part of it, never could get the self improvement part down. I think it's because I'm ultimately a social person and can't live life isolated. Unfortunately the isolation continues.

This.
You can even drink alcohol as long you're not retarded about it. I drink once a month and only enough to get a slight buzz when I go to parties. The other weeks in the month, I'm with friends, playing guitar, reading, or slaving away with anal and organic chemistry.