Sup Veeky Forums...

sup Veeky Forums. today got my home bench and barbell so i can work chest at home but i happened to come across the video for this gif just now and i'm trying to find ways of making a good safety rack since i won't have a spotter. i'm pretty weak and would like to be able to do the sets til failure without having to worry about death. any ideas where to get a safety rack? only ones i find atm are sold out

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_QnwAoesJvQ&feature=youtu.be&t=254
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

just use 2 kitchen stools

Learn to fucking roll it off your body
I roll 3plate off easily when I fail my last set

>that gif
You could just not be a fucking idiot and bench a proper weight. If you have a bench with pegs you should be fine.

If youre going to failure you might have to throw the bar to the side once or twice a month. I don't see why it should be a problem.

If your back is that far off the fucking bench you deserve what you get.

that's normal form retard, he deserved it because he missed the safety bars in the first place

>Arched back
>Normal form
Fuck I hate you faggots, you probably count kipping as pull ups too.

Enjoy your fucked rotator cuffs

i think you need to start from the basics again, dude. you're gonna hurt yourself

Watch literally any form video on the bench press and they will specifically say never to arch your back. I'm sure your coach is feeding you this bullshit.

>Doesn't even know he's on the road to snap city

Is this a meme? I'm getting goofed. Read something.

Arching the back to a degree is fine but this guy's ass isn't even on the bench. That's shit form.

Are you just ignoring his belly bounce? This isn't the 50s and he's not a fucking monstrous fat piece of shit. A proper bench isn't fucking thrown off your stomach like that. He deserved to get crushed.

should i just practice rolling it into my stomach with a fairly heavy weight on then? incline i'm not worried about cause it will just roll onto my legs i suppose which isn't as scary as it rolling onto my neck

forms seems fine to me, it was the weight of the bar after it fell towards his face that caused his ass to raise

ITT Idiots defending the form of a person that almost breaks his own wind pipe and pushes the weight with his body

Sure, dude.

youtube.com/watch?v=_QnwAoesJvQ&feature=youtu.be&t=254

If youre a pro weight lifter lifting in competitions, ignore my posts, (youre not). If you are simply benching to gain muscle and want to use proper form, keep your fucking ass on the bench and you feet on the floor unless youre 5'5 or some shit.
>Went through 10 videos to find the one dude lifting his whole body during bench

Lol that argument changed fast.

I think maybe I'll go look for a used bench tonight at a goodwill. What's a fair price for a used bench?

It really didn't. Arching your shit gives you a higher max bench, I've never said otherwise and thats why idiots do it. It's just retarded to lift like that every chest day.

statement completely discarded

Ok, arch your back and lift that ass every lift, lots of people do it anyway. Deadlift with your back while you're at it, can probably double your PR if you force it.

dude you are dumb that form was totally good in the gif that OP posted(except the ass lift)

Did he die?

no he manages to squeeze his neck out from the bench then crawl under the bar

Jesus christ

The weights are clearly just about to slide off the bar before the gif ends. Not using clips probably saved his dumbass

Yes, good goyim, be sure to retract your meme-ula! Wouldn't want you to make shoulder gains now, would we?

if you dont use any clips then you can drop the weights off if you get in trouble. Or loose clips that will slide if jolted.

Thats why I never fucking use clips when benching

That was horrible form. I know you aren't suppose to press in a straight line, but this faggot aimed for the rack. He literall benched diagonally from what looks like a 45 degree angle.

Don't bother, some big black dude on youtube said it was cool.

His ass literally lifted off the bench. That's shit form.

Did he died? I bet that shit choked him to death

>Ignores the stomach bump
>good form (except the ass lift)

>Ass in the air before the weight is even down

Never use clips if you're benching alone. If you can't balance the plates, you're benching too much and/or you form is shit and needs work. If worst comes to worst, tilt the bar, the plates will slide off one side, and then the bar will fling itself across the room/gym as the plates on the other side slide off.

If you can't find a decent rack on the internet you are hopeless and should give up on lifting

what stomach bump?
have you ever benched with close grip?
because with close grip you have to touch the lower part of you chest

>what stomach bump
>his entire body lifts to try to bump the weight up
You can't see it because you do it yourself and want to say your max is more than it is, just like the dude in the gif

>Never use clips if you're benching alone.
Or just don't be an idiot that tries to lift weights way above your capacity

Saw horses are pretty good.

I don't understand why companies don't make safety rails frankly.

I bought some cheapo fold up trestles for wallpapering and when I did finally guillotine bench one of the fuckers bent and trapped the bar even more on my throat. Would avoid those.

keep telling yourself loser