Bent over rows:

Could questions. When you do bent over rows, do you go down at a 45 degree angle, or do you go completely horizontal like Arnold does it? I tried it completely horizontal, but when I let the weight down if I don't keep my shoulder blades pinched back it'll roll the top of my back forward, I don't get the same problem at 45 degrees.

Also, do you guys let it roll forwards, or should I be keeping the top portion of my back relatively straight?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/f3CqTvPls_Q?t=29
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i like the way arnold did them. just reset your position at the bottom; the movement is supposed to be explosive and not about the concentric portion.

couple questions* damn tired

45° here.

And horizontal, I'm still bringing the bar to the bottom of my ribcage correct?

How the fuck can it be explosive unless you're lifting light weight

Flatter than 45, but steeper than horizontal here.

not sure. you got me there buddy

This.

Go watch the video of him doing it, he's extremely explosive with his reps.

youtu.be/f3CqTvPls_Q?t=29

Even took a jab at Lou Ferrigno haha.

>How the fuck can it be explosive unless you're lifting light weight

Don't be a pussy?

I like to do my rows with an explosive movement, twisting my back and slightly arching.

He'd bend all the way the fuck down, letting the bar touch the ground when doing rows. For guys that want less exaggerated movements, you can still do horizontal rows without necessarily being as explosive as Arnold. Then again, everything Arnold did was explosive.

Former pro here. I did 45 degree angle on bent rows. I used seated rows for the "straight" back work.

nearly fucked up my back doing this shit
yes I watched various tutorials and I really tried but I just ended up making a fool of myself in front of everybody
how the fuck do you do this properly.

>When you bench press, do you go up at a 45 degree angle like Arnold does it, or do you go completely horizontal?

Different movements, differenc muscle emphasis.
Do the one that you need to do, retard.

>how the fuck do you do this properly.
Have a strong core, and do a literal reverse bench press.

Grip width the same, keep back tight the same way. Pull to the same place, where you stop your bench press.
Everything else should just be dictated by your build. For most people I've coached, thinking of deadlifting fucks up your form and causes injuries.
The only thing that's similar to deadlifting is wrists being neutral, almost limp. Legs are either further apart or closer, knees are in a position where deadlifting would be impossible, the bar is way in front of you - shit's as different from deadlifting as pressing from behind the neck is from squatting.

Doing serious bent row work is not a beginners exercise. It takes time, and you will likely look like a fool when you first start. Stay with it, I'll come.

thanks man, I honestly appreciate the advice.
Granted, I have a pretty bad back that I really do need to get checked, I am a beginner, but not complete noob, and I deadlifted 50kg with no problem, but as soon as I switched to bent over rows I could feel something is off.
I imagine. Thanks for the encouraging words, I am not giving up
we're all gonna make it brehs

This is my back. long ago.