> Power rack, olympic barbel, bench and weights
> 840$

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=42A_obAUsLA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

staph infections

staph infections everywhere

Take the blue pill, user.

You get more than that equipment at a gym.

Also $840 will get you a shit quality rack and barbell.
Also not enough weight to make good progress with.

I have a full home gym where I can do any exercise that I can at a public gym and I still pay to go to a public gym

I tend to cut gym sessions short at my home gym plus I go harder in public gyms. There is a good atmosphere/vibe you don't get when working out alone.

well your math is wrong because on average gym memberships (at least around here NJ) are about 35 bucks. ive seen some go as low as 20 bucks (small mom-pop types).

what makes a gym better imo is that you will have a lot more variety. sure you pull some prison workout type shit and improvise, but being able to have a very wide selection of free-weights + machines is nice. also if you aren't some sort of neet, depending on the gym, there are some cool people you can get help/spot/advice from.

Spending years in a public gym will let you decide what you want when you build your own gym. It'll also make you appreciate a home gym more.

>he doesn't want them test gains from comparing himself to other people in the gym and be better than 95% of the guys in there

craigslist, son. sometime in february or march when the new years resolution quitters dump their home gym equipment.

all you need is a good bar, cheap iron, a flat bench and squat stands.

Way more equipment at a public gym

Also $70/month what jewym are you going to

My gold's is $25/month

I got a itchy white looking hard pimple or boil on my left buttcheek, then another down my left leg? Staph infection?

Call me a fag all you want, I prefer working out in a gym. It gives me motivation. When I see someone lift more than me I strive to do better. I've got access to more equipment than I'd be able to afford.
Also:
>Cardio bunnies

>Power rack, olympic barbel, bench and weights
I can't fit those in my apartment

plus I'm young and will probably move again in the next few years and I'm not about hauling that shit around

my take is if you have a house and are planning to live there for a while (e.g. settle down) and you have the room, go for a sick ass home gym

otherwise if you're a cuck college student or new grad like myself then don't even bother

That's nonsense. I spent $200 on a 300lb Olympic weight set, $250 on a bench/squat rack combo, and another $150 on olympic dumbbells/curl bar that I can use the same plates with. Worst case scenario I'll spend another $200 for 300lbs more and still be all in at $800. This is all you need to run a lifting program. Also, unlike I prefer to work out alone.

>all you need is barbell etc..

Not really.
You can make more progress with a wider array of equipment at your disposal.
You don't see any advanced lifters using nothing but that stuff.

>70$ x12 =840
Where the fuck does gym cost $70 a month? My gym costs $200 for a year.

> euro fag
> cheapest gym membership is 65 € per month

You're assuming that being an advanced lifter is the target of even a fraction of people browsing Veeky Forums. Basic barbell and dumb bell set-up is good enough for the vast majority of people.

And you're assuming that taking up a considerable amount of homespace would be something the vast majority of casuals would do?

Fair point. That said, my set-up takes up a small corner of my basement.

>tfw eastern euro fag
>tfw living un small town
>tfw gym membership is 20 bucks a month

How do you afford anything else when your monthly pay check goes to the gym?

>joined the national guard
>free gym
>free pool
>free personal trainer
>free tuition
>free housing
>free food
>$1000/month while I'm a full time student
>work only 36 days a year

You're retarded if you're paying for uni or a gym

>eurofag
>20€/month
Where tf do you live?

Someone redpill me on why weights are so expensive. Is it the jews? I bet it's the jews. No way should it cost hundreds of dollars to produce a few heavy discs. The going rate for a metric ton of iron is less than $80. Plus there must be other cheap and heavy shit we can make out of recyclables. It makes no sense for weights to be as expensive as they are.

>joined the national guard
>free trip to Iraq
>free bullets
>free IED
>free traumatic head injury
>free dead friends
>free PTSD

At least I got swole ;)

I steal shit
>eastern europe
Thought it was obvious

You forgot the free dog you cunt.

> wooden power rack
> second hand bar and plates (0.50$ per lbs)
> wooden bench
> it costs me less than a 300 $

$20 x 12 =$240 tho
and my gym has 5 benches, 4 squat racks, dedicated deadlift spots, and is 30% full all the time

>>joined the NATIONAL GUARD
>>free trip to Iraq

????????????

>deploying in national guard
Lmao 5 years and still haven't deployed get fucked

>What are basics of business/economics
>ITS GOTTA BE THE JEWS!!!!!!!
kys

I was in and deployed three times. Did you join the band or something?

...I didn't get a free dog :(

Switch to a K9 mos

>not getting paid to be a musician while lacking the actual talent required to get paid as a real musician

I only pay 12 a month.

Air Guard
You really don't even have a chance to go unless you ask like a year in advanced or you're an aviation mechanic or security forces

Not that guy but I make 2k a month
Sometimes being eastern euro isn't so bad, prices are cheap and pay is high if you do the right job

>70$

try 15€ for hammer strength equipment.
Based FitX

m.youtube.com/watch?v=42A_obAUsLA

Carrot top is full natty btw

>tfw burger
>tfw live in downtown Chicago on the lake
>tfw gym $20 per month
>tfw chicken breast is $1.50 per pound
>tfw there is no stopping my gains thanks to plentiful resources provided by glorious capitalism

> go to well known roider gym which is still 50% natty (pic related)
> 4000 sqft with every machine you could imagine
> has cafe too with fridge and microwave
>10 min drive so I blast rap music on the way to relax
> feed off the energy of others to do big lifts
> lots of qts
>open 24/7
>65 Aud per month

I don't have room for more than a bench anyway

fucking MSST monkeys don't do shit.

tfw capitalism made it so you coulsd have a sedentary life and you thank it by abusing it so you can go back to working hard

MSRT

could be.

id get it checked. if its mrsa, that shit could kill you. not even kidding.

$70 a month
I pay $90 a year at LVAC man, and it's a great gym. Don't get jewed.

Whats the point of being at your best is no ones there to witness it?

You can get an adjustable bench, powerblock dumbbells, pull up bar and resistance bands for that price though and at the end of the day, that's all you're going to need to be able to hit every part of your body.

All the things I just mentioned are also easy to store when you're not using them.

Australian here. I'm lucky to find any 24/7 gym for under $65 a months. You can get $50 a month gyms but they are usually in some un-insulated shed with rusted equipment that are only open 6.30am-7pm five days a week.

God damn I want those powerblock

>wooden power rack

Goodluck with your goals, m8.

~$60 for a quality 16-24kg kettlebell from onnit (cheapest price i know)

find a place to run and do pull ups and youre golden for like 90% of your fitness goals

wont get you hyoog and joocy, but whatever.

because you lift for you, not for others?

lol this

itt: people who dont know how strong and tough wood is

pro tip: your house is probably built out of wood

Me too man...can't wait for tax return season to roll around. Those are at the top of my wish list.

cheap sea bag from the mil surp store $20
300 lbs of playground sand from home depot $20
sandbags from same $10

epic grip and strength training on the cheap

see also ross einmeat's (or whatever) book "never gymless"

Buy
>a bag of cement
>two bags of sand
>a few gallons of water
>a thick stainless steel rod
>a knife
Mix in a 1:2 ratio with a bit of water to make that shit like a looser version of bread dough.
Then pour that shit into a bucket or container (which you should rub with oil or fuel on the inside) and stick the rod in the middle. Wait until it dries, then do it with the other side.
Then scratch the surface of the rod in a fence pattern in places where your grip will go.
Congrats, you just made yourself a good lifting bar for 10 bucks.
You could also just use a lot of oil/fuel for rubbing the container/bucket, stick something cylindrical in the middle and make plates out of it, and use some kind of rubber as a substitute for clips.
Trust me, I'm a Slav, did this in my teens. No regrets, and it was actually fun to make all that shit.

If you live in Melbourne check out Dohertys

>defending your bench-fu this hard
Get fucked senpai

less than 1% of hte people here are going to be "advanced lifters", and even then most equipment is only useful for people 100% set on bodybuilding

beginner thru intermediate training can be done with just a powerrack bench and weights and takes at least 2 years of autistic training, 4+ for more casual

if you live somewhere semi rural then your gym costs are going to be like $20/mo, so prob just go to the gym. if you live in cali/ny its going to be much more expensive, and the areas are populated enough to where craigslist will probably have a decent deal. I got a powerrack, bench, bar, 450lbs of rusty ghetto plates for $350. the value doesnt really depreciate, so you can easily just resell within a month and get 80% of your value back if you ever have to move

If that's $65 auscuck dollars then that's the same as about $3 American

Anyone who doesn't know how to negotiate/backdoor your way into a gym membership deserves to pay whatever the gym sees fit. I live in a mountain town, and the closest gym is a YMCA facility that is fully outfitted with a weight room and anything i'd ever need, but instead of paying the 30$ dollars a month, I just got one of my buddies who works at a Mcdonalds to get me on his plan by lying about me being in the same house as him, and now I pay 15 a month.

Fucking simple

$10 a month. Got that special promotion when the new Golds got built in my area.

planet fitness is 10 bucks a month tho. 120 a year. I would need to be there 7 years to pay for a single squat rack.

$35 a month, 24hr powerlifting/strongman gym with maybe 50 members, owner is a hoarder of gym equip so new machines/bars/weights are always turning up randomly, always empty when I go the only real busy time is summer season. All that said, if I had a house instead of an apt I would homegym.

>tfw you have a home gym but no qt3.14s to let use it for bj compensation

> red pul
>>>>> /pol/

>70$/Month for gym
OH WOW! xDDDDDDD

Eurofag, my gym is £12.50p.m. as part of my employment package. Seriously where are you all finding these £50+ gyms.

German here.
Dont know, the gyms around my city are ~20-25 € per month

>Lifting in uni gym
>Strong and lean after 3-4 years of near cocoon mode
>6'4" so I fit in with the chads
>Gain lots of friends, befriend all the regulars.
>Get a reputation as the "powerlifting guy" even though I'm stuck at 2/3/4/5
>Never going back to my poverty homegym.

>70$
nigger are you retarded? they better be sucking your dick too for that gtfo

even if you cut that in half, 2 years in you break even

>Red pildid me
gtfo pill-popping /pol/esmoker

i pay 15$ for 1 month gym time

I get them sometimes too. It's staph. Clean that shit regularly and put some acne cream on it. It helps.

but on the other hand you're being punished by working out at planet fitness

>pro tip: your house is probably built out of wood
I'm sorry it isn't because I live outside the third world

libs assblasted for all eternity

>€fag

Brunswick?

>work at national lab
>on-site gym is 30 dollars per year
>90 percent of employees there are staff scientists in their 50s
>still havent gotten a membership there
I will soon brehs

My gym is like 50 a year and $10 a month.

I would be nice not having to deal with other people... but it's also entertaining. You know... all that stupid shit you see in the gym is priceless entertainment. Plus.... grills.

14 euro here a month, you faggots pay for 3 months what i pay in year.

>mfw quiet public gym that is nearly empty half the day
>Doubles with a boxing club that I can freely use
>Everything I need
>TWELVE DOLLARS a month

It's handy as fuck and it's city council funded too so they have to maintain it. Even has smart TV's I can use to play any tunes I want.

Maximum comfy.