Best of Veeky Forums jobs

Now that you've gotten fit, what's the best job you can get to go with it? (Bonus points for highly masculine jobs.)

>tfw don heavy welding helmet, gloves and boots
>ftw forging heavy plates of sheet metal together with flames coming from my mortal hands

Try and 1-up me, plebs.

I pick things up and put them down in the freight yard.

Lifting for income and lifting for gains, fuck off OP.

Electrician/Appliance repair. But I am hoping to get into welding for funsies.

If anyone wants advice or has a question on their appliance I can probably help from here.

Solid, thought about it myself
>If only there wasn't so much competition and likelihood of pic related being without pay... would be GOAT

be careful user

i've heard from a few people that a lot of welders go blind or have really bad vision after years and years of welding, even with the facemasks

Lumper reporting in.

Professional natty bodybuilder.

Machinist itt. Suck a huge dick at welding though, hands just not steady man

Future LEO here
Currently taking uni courses so I can pursue a career in Major Crimes

OP, I'm about to get my welder operator certificate. Any advice on where to get a job in either Canada or USA?

With a welding certificate pretty much anywhere desu senpai. I live in Texas and I see jobs posts looking for welders all the time.

Fellow machinist here.

You're literally carving the blood of the earth into the exact shape you desire, on levels mere mortals can barely comprehend.

Perfection is your work.

But now I'm changing fields to become a mechanic. Less money, but work very varied compared to machineing.

Plus get to goof around and have time outside during the work day.

But having to cut cars free of ice and snow 4 times a day during the winter sick ass.

I'm in college but I'm considering becoming a welder/electrician instead. Would you guys recommend your career paths? How much do you make?
From what I know the pay is solid and you don't have to worry about work when you're at home, which is a huge plus.

tailor

I'm in the Coast Guard. We go out in shithouse storms and rescue people. It's bretty cool desu

I'm the electrician and I have a english degree. I regret the loans, but I also think school gave played a huge role in my critical thinking skills and maturity. I make good money, run my own sole proprietor business and made about 50k in west palm beach for awhile.

I love the work infinetly more than writing. Getting to meet people everyday and solving actual problems is amazing. But the downside is your a service tech and people look at you like a uneducated pleb. Totally works for me because I hate humanity anyway, but it's not for everyone.

>Worked in multimillion dollar houses where they actually have two different entrances for plebs
>Worked on Trumps sisters house and never got paid after multiple invoices

Firefighter

65k a year work 3 days a week

What? Where? You won the lottery. Most have better chances at pro football.

Same here but afraid I'm not disciplined enough. Good at obeying orders but I fear of missing a day by accident and having a major that is only good for leo

>I regret the loans, but I also think school gave played a huge role in my critical thinking skills and maturity
Well this will be me in two years.

>people look at you like a uneducated pleb
This part sounds shitty but I could get over it. I dress mildly preppy when I'm outside of work, that would help to balance it out.

Forgot to ask, how is job security and how do you balance your gains with it? Thanks

how widespread is the snobbishness/looking down upon you?

What do you mean by not diciplined enough?
Also a degree that will help as a LEO would also work well for security work, military, coast guard, and any kind of emergency response work.

Job security is good, I recently moved my business, it starts slow but once you get some people referring you your golden. I don't pay hardly any advertising, in Florida I didn't at all, completely word of mouth.

The nicer your location the more they don't give a shit about you. West palm is not your typical city though, I mean I worked on boats that cost 10 million dollars and they were in a private dock at a mansion. There is huge old money there. Most cities are probably not like that, but I still find that people think most service men are dumb, despite them being the only ones that know how fucking anything works.

Most don't even know where their breaker box is and they think youre the dumb one.

Youre going to want a uniform, you get to walk around places most don't, and it helps with police which you will eventually deal with. Also you will get messy. Part of the job.

holy shit this exactly. im dropping out of uni and looking to get into welding. you're articulating some of my thoughts very nicely

>I still find that people think most service men are dumb, despite them being the only ones that know how fucking anything works
I've always thought this to be really ironic.

So you finished your bachelors and then applied for an apprenticeship or what? Sorry, I just don't know how this stuff works. I hate my sheltered liberal upbringing.

I'm trying to prepare myself for it. I've never thought of myself wanting a dirty job but doing skilled work with your hands and your tools sounds satisfying

Good luck man

Well shit, I mean I don't really regret school I guess, sorta. Welding is good shit though, I really want a welding job just to learn, don't care what they pay me.

You will always be better off working for yourself though, as long as you don't sit on your ass. I mean if I run one or two calls a day I make more than most full time jobs, but you will need some initial schooling. I started off working for a friends small business and was fortunate to learn everything from him. Good luck though user.

thanks man and same shit with me and not knowing how to get into the industry. you're taught university is for smart people and hey, user, you're smart so uni is for you. I was never told of the alternatives.

>a dirty job but doing skilled work with your hands and your tools sounds satisfying
It is. After going to school and working as a tutor, I now think service men keep the whole fucking world running.

I mean, somethings broke when I show up, I leave with it fixed. Honestly, how many jobs are like that other than builders, laborers, and techs?

Manliest man in the thread

Thanks so much man, this really helped

Oh yeah, forgot to mention how many people are in this business that fuck people ove though, thats a huge part of the "looking down on the service man" mentality. I've heard horror stories of people flooding their house or doing fake "repairs" on things and charging a grand. Then you show up afterwards and you have to convince them youre not a piece of shit.

I mean theres a ton of these kinds of things to look out for. But I still enjoy it.

thanks, yeah I need that first connection. So did you get your college shit first or did you apprentice at your friend's first? I've been hearing conflicting viewpoints. Some are saying college then apprenticeship, some are saying apprenticeship then college, some are saying just apprenticeship.

Studying Mech Engineering. Going to graduate in a year.. shit sucks right now -- don't really have time for anything other than lifting and school. Amount of stress has got me pretty depressed/feeling suppressed. Thinking of hopping on for the remainder just so I don't feel like shit all the time.

Should be pretty comfy once I'm done though

I went to college first, I never thought I would do any kind of service job. Thought I would get some desk job forever. Out of college I was a tutor, lasted about 2 months before I started apprenticeship with a family friend.

Not sure what the correct path is, just what happened for me. I learned so much in school though, lots of social skills.

I'm a carpenter and my partner works in landscaping. Both he and I usually come home pretty sweaty but some of that's just from living in Arizona.

Thanks for the tip. I'm thinking that I'll take contract work around the USA and Canada before settling somewhere once I build up enough experience.

This is the ideal career but I don't have one in a million genetics

thanks sempai youve been really helpful

and sorry leafag here i meant trade school

Jobs for asthmatics?

Kind of want to be a firefighter or cop, leaning towards firefighter because of college. I'm 18 and could get a degree in nuclear engineering if I wanted to but I hate studying math and am really good physically.

Squat 405lbs deadlift 405lbs bench 255lbs and can run really well at a lower bodyweight

Currently 240 gonna cut to 200 because it's healthier and I got my novice strength gains.

I think if I could get some clenbuterol in addition to my corticosteroids and preventatives I would be a god.

(Basically I don't want to go to college but got a 29 on act first try)

>I'm trying to prepare myself for it. I've never thought of myself wanting a dirty job but doing skilled work with your hands and your tools sounds satisfying

I never worked in, had any exposure to industrial/mechanical work but then did 1.5 years in a steel company and LOVED the money I was making. Decided to do a trade and always though welding was interesting. Been doing my course for the Operator certificate and I enjoy it soo much and regret that, at 38 years of age, I only now realize what I should have been doing since finishing high school. I just find welding very satisfying and if I can make good money doing it, that's what I want to do for the rest of my life.

I have a hard time getting to school but i probably could go to work no matter what I guess I have discipline for things that require it

I got asthma so no military unfortunately

Considering killing myself because I just want a job and not to live in poverty or constant insomnia

>Those stats
Doubt

>Welding is good shit though, I really want a welding job just to learn, don't care what they pay me.

For a newbie you can make decent money at welding. Build up your skills and you'll make bank.

I'm doing the college/apprenticeship thing. Seems to make more sense while very few companies are wiling to take on a newb with no basic skills.

orthopedic surgeon

>anything in medicine

cuck.
>t. 512 MCAT

Here it is. I'm builtfat.

>purposely starve to skele mode
>take roids
>make an insane transformation
>pretend to be natty
>create your own supplement brand
>sell it to dyels
>have sex with Nikki Blackketter
This is the only option for a Veeky Forums career

>heavy welding helmet.
They are made of plastic dumb ass. They hardly weigh anything.

lol ER medicine is bro tier.

>3-4 shifts a week
>200k starting salary
>get partnership, make 250k a year

but yeah all the hoops you have to jump through is bullshit so it might not be worth it time wise in the end. You just have to 100% love what you're doing

any shit job can sound good when you say it like that

>tfw cashier
>tfw handling tons of cash all day talking to gorgeous women while giving them exactly what they want

Mechanic. Diesel and gas. I take a machine that creates and harnesses thousands of chemical explosions a minute out of a highly volatile hydrocarbon in order to run your ass to the gym, and I fix that shit when it breaks. And just like electrician-bro, I get treated like an idiot.

To ... Dude, no. Don't do it. Unless you found that one in a thousand magic place that pays you hourly, or you were flat-rate prior to this, you're going to hate life. If you're smart enough to be a tech, you're smart enough to be something better.

ACT was easier though.
Completely bombed on SAT
but did damn well on ACT. They purposefully make the questions a fucking pain on the SAT but ACT it felt relaxed and just took a normal test.

Still regret not going to a CC first though. Fuck college

I sell enterprise software.

I work from home, meaning I can go to the gym whenever I want, and I make over 200kpa. No need to box up 6 meals before I leave the house, I just cook what I want when I want

Get on my level

lol

glass is half full and all that

Very low quality content in this post, gentlemen. Steer clear.

I work at my gym.

I sit at the desk and coach MMA and BJJ classes.

Today, I woke up, went to work, sat at the desk watching BJJ videos and talking to people, then got paid to teach a 1.5 hour class, 30 minutes of which I got to do live sparring. Then I went back and sat at the desk and made a few calls for an hour and bullshitted with my training partners.

Suck it. I literally got paid to work out today. We also have a full weight/cardio area and oftentimes lift before or after work. I don't usually teach during my desk shifts, but It occasionally happens. Hell, the other week I got recruited to help prepare a former UFC fighter for a tournament he had that weekend in the middle of my shift.

>got paid to work out

Paid to do HITT lamo stay dyel

>paid to work out

40k a year wow mirrin man

Similar story with me

I took many manufacturing classes in highschool. Robotics, woodshop, and welding. I was super good at all of them but i was convinced that my place is in a desk directing IT work. After my first year of college i picked up an apprenticeship and now im full time with the company as a maintenance worker, still going to school. I make alot of money and the people here are impressed with my skill/work ethic.

Is life trying to tell me something?

Living the dream, having more money wouldn't really enhance my experience very much. Especially if it meant doing something else.

How did you get this job OP? I'm looking to enter a trade myself. What was the training like, how'd you get into it?

Do you have a degree?