How much do you bench, Veeky Forums?

230x5 floor press because too ghetto to buy a bench.

347 in a powerlifting meet, 355 in the gym

Year ago i did 122.5kg x5 (270lbs x5). Then i started oly lifting, and haven't done a bench press for 8 months.

Got 150kg on Friday. Bench is up 20kg in 4-5 months.

95x5

330 x1
315 x3
275 x6
240 x8
220 x14

That was last month. Now I don't bench at all.
I don't even do any pressing movements.
God damn shitty wrist wraps, didn't hold my wrists at all, 330 folded over my hands on the way up and now it's rehab time.

The problem might not be your wraps. Check how you position your hands on the bar.

3*12*95Kg

Not about hand positioning. m8.

Different wrist wraps, since the last ones were so old, the velcro came off.
The last ones were stiff, I could brace my tiny wrists against them.
The new ones turned out to be fucking elatic as fuck AND the velcro came off during the next session.

I had tight as fuck wrist wraps and they didn't hold anything at all. Shit like that is enough to fuck up everything during a 1RM, at the peak of a strength peaking cycle.

>how much do you bench
>3x12

100kg + loose change.

Nothing to be proud of. But I stopped caring around that point. Now I just want to look better.

114lbs amrap for 7
pretty poopy, also my worst lift

>that girl
>hnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggg

You'll get there senpai. Why were you using such a high rep range?

>amrap
>what is reading

Nevermind lmao

220 for 4 sets of 15

Volume=Muscle. Excuse the shitty pic, need a new phone soon.

50kg 1 rep

>tfw when hit a plate a few days ago after 3 months starting at just the bar

105kg for 12 reps.

67,5 kg for 3x5. Last week I tried 70 but failed after 1,5 set. I hope I'll bench 70 for three sets coming Monday.

35kg dumbbell each side

45kg

75x5 @72kg

Going for 77.5 today with me luck bois

stay mad

Haven't benched in a while.
I'm Gandhi tier in terms of strength atm so I do dips with lmao1pl8

i started the gym 3 weeks ago, i went from struggling to bench the bar to benching a half plate, my goal is to bench a plate by new year

Got 2plts for 10 reps yesterday. Tried for 11 put my arms said "fuck this in out". Luckily had a spotter

127.5 kg paused in meet 142 touch and go, to think started with bar 2 years ago

You'll bench a plate sooner than you think, provided you eat enough. I could make heaps of gains each week until I reached 60 kg.

85kg for 1 about a week ago
Can do 75kg for 3 on an incline bench though, wtf is up with that?

Probably abyssmal form either on bench or decline.

80kg 4x8

i always bench like a. if i do it like b or c i get mad wristpain. am i a retard?
also i bench 240x 5

Not enough
Never. Enough.

Started lifting 3 months ago as a recovering fatass so I squat 3pl8 but can only bench 155 3x5 my goal is to be at 2pl8 by February

Not enough.

>I only bench half a plate
When dyel weaklings like this step into my boneyard and occupy one of my benches I like to grab the bar out of their hands mid rep and yell out "lightweight!" While I curl their max bench.

isn't this the way you do over head press? Not bench?

I find it difficult to get chest activation when I bench. I feel like my triceps and shoulders are getting all the work. What do?

You mean half squat right?

200x5
I can already smell the glory of 2pl8

currently benching 70 kg 4x5
this year I'm coming for you mate.

who is this hottie.

85kg x 1
72,5 x5x5

I second this desu

jeff?

me too. totally different than f.e. when I do dips. never been sore after benching.

it is my least favorite exercise

Pause (1s) bench every rep
source: 150kg bench, +20kg in last 4 months

205lb for 1 rep. Tried sheiko and while it worked, I think I can make faster progress on other programs at this stage.

How do you incorporate LP for bench in Texas Method while still doing ohp?

My progression is going up, I just don't feel it in the chest. What does pausing do?

Do a wider grip.
I find narrower grip uses less chest, while a wider grip hits my titties very nicely.

Not enough

yes, frank?

Bench properly.

You're simply not using the right form. A lot of people (myself included in the past) don't bench with the bar low enough.

A) I find that your grip should be on the inside of the rings by a bit. Not on the ring, not outside of it.
B) The bar comes down at your sternum, no higher or lower.
C) Don't hyperextend your arms on the way up
D) Do not move back on each rep: you have to make it do a STRAIGHT line up and down above the sternum.
E) Visualize bending the bar with your grip as you rep to activate your lats.
F) All the other good shit with shoulders retracted, ass and legs in use and feet planted in-front rather than widely out or on toes.

You shouldn't be able to activate your delts/shoulders that much UNLESS you're compensate using them on your way up. Most people seem to set the bar at the right level, go down, and then move backwards towards their head on the way up in order to use their shoulders instead of their tris and chest.

Had the same problem. Fix: Pull your shoulder blades together while benching.

>A) I find that your grip should be on the inside of the rings by a bit. Not on the ring, not outside of it.
Check
>B) The bar comes down at your sternum, no higher or lower.
Check
>C) Don't hyperextend your arms on the way up
Not sure what you mean
>D) Do not move back on each rep: you have to make it do a STRAIGHT line up and down above the sternum.
Will review
>E) Visualize bending the bar with your grip as you rep to activate your lats.
Check
>F) All the other good shit with shoulders retracted, ass and legs in use and feet planted in-front rather than widely out or on toes.
Check

Jeff's mom?

225 lbs x 10
242 lbs x 4

Obviously its hard to imagine without being in person.

But the main way I think of it is that your eyes play tricks: you don't picture it as STRAIGHT up and down from your POV because naturally that leads you to bring the bar over to your eye-perspective.

How it feels is kind of like moving the bar OUT / AWAY because its making a straight line from your chest rather than shoulders.

The proper way to bench is half way between what a lot of people do and close grip. If you do your close group properly and feel more chest activation than your normal bench, then that's a cue.

Not that I'm a sickcunt strong man, but i review my form almost every work out when I have someone and talk to PLG people.

>Hyperextended shoulder
What I mean is make sure you keep tension on your chest by not extending your shoulders forward too much on each rep. You start your bench with your shoulders farm back so you can focus on your chest, and you need to make sure they don't get un-pinned over time.

60 lbs

i've been lifting since about august
all my lower body lifts are decent, but upper body is ehh. i see improvement happening, though.

I started off benching ~90lbs, benching 330lbs 5 years later. I have T1 Diabetes and "shitty genetics".
Slow and steady wins the race.

>67.5kg / 148.812 pounds

On suicide watch

188 L

thanks for the encouragement breh, and congrats on all your hard work

inb4 the usual, i'm female and have never been very athletic. I started in August benching 35 lbs with complete noodle arms, so the improvement's been happening.

5×5
4 plates of 10kg in each side

just starting out so i'm at 70lb, but it's on the smith machine at planet fitness, hurt my wrist because it's guided, told a guy i think im done benching on this and that's strike one against PF for me, but i signed up for their noncommital 15/m plan so I'll start looking around

the cardio there is fine tho

>D) Do not move back on each rep: you have to make it do a STRAIGHT line up and down above the sternum.

b-but Mehdi, Rip, Alan Thrall etc all say to start with the bar over your shoulders, bring it down to the sternum and press back up to the original position over the shoulders with a slightly diagonal bar path.

>straight line up and down the sternum

these are the people giving you fitness advice

I started a couple of months ago but i've missed quite a few sessions and skipped bench a couple of times at the start because I was embarrassed about barely being able to bench the bar (hence the weak 45kg bench). December onwards is where shit gets real for me.

>185 lbs 3x10
>only 245 lb single rep max

Wat do?

160kg x4

155 for 6 reps @ 137 lbs. Trying so hard to bulk up.

5x5 @45kg, started lifting like two months ago. A-am I gonna make it, Veeky Forums? I've been eating on deficit (skinnyfat fag).

1 year ago I started with around 60 lbs too
yesterday I hit 1pl8

shit diet tho

120kg for a single

tfw weak

415 once.

5x62.5kg

I know it's bitch weight b-but it's expected on a cut, r-right?

Did that on my first day in the gym

Well I only do dumbbell bench press since they feel better and I don't have anyone to spot me if I go heavy.
But 36kg (80 lbs?) in each hand

For reps by the way

325 last time I maxed. Trying to hit 275 for 10 right now.

>tfw finally that 8th rep

60kg, its literally impossible to lift more, my arms are skinny as shit

>things that never happened

Did 155lbs 4x5 today, felt p good

how shit is 145lbs 1RM for lifting for 3 months?

more than that fagoot lol

well, you're supposed to use the same grip for both bench and OHP. the picture he posted is for bench specifically, because his hands are near the rings (for OHP they'd be near where the knurling begins in the middle of the bar).

How much do you weigh?

195 lbs, I'm 6'3

65 lb dumbbells

Benched 225 on my birthday during the 19th

That's how much I bench yet I am still considered 'strong' by normies

Been lifting the same time as you and my bench is 110 lbs i started with 44lbs. Im going to pick up SS next month and see if i can make better gains.

>Do cable rows only chest
>PR is 35kg each arm, 70kg total
>Bench for the first time in 8 months
>50kg
>Mfw

80kg max on incline
didn't do flat in months so I don't know
I weigh 81kg so I guess it's okay for first year of intermittent lifting