Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3NuFVQk_CCs
chat.whatsapp.com/DQc1uEewovb19IWOvUQOah
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>using clips on bench

why

i typically don't

Noice

Don't humor these idiots by giving in to their dumb trolling bullshit.

Congrats on the 2pl8, babe.

>Not using clips on bench
why

You some kind of retard who thinks it's a good idea to dump them if you fail?

You some kind of retard who thinks it's a good idea to die if you fail?

what the fuck is wrong with you? there's no reason to have the clips on if you're lifting alone

wait, i thought that is we are here for? making dumb, useless remarks about unimportant shit because that's all we can achieve in life.

>lifting alone

>Dying from 2pl8
If you drop it in your neck you'll die, clips or not.
If you try to dump the weight you could injure yourself more than gently resting it on your chest and asking for help, or doing the roll of shame.

Dumping weight to one side only to have to stabilize the bar once the other side is heavier is much more difficult and higher prone to injury.

It's better than slowly choking to death because the bar rolled onto your neck.

What kind of shitty form do you have where you press it from your neck?

op here, im not at all afraid of failing, the weight isnt heavy enough that i cant just rest the bar on my chest and call out "spot", someone will always come over

i didnt want a spotter because i dont want the mental escape, i needed it to be all or nothing

same reason i squat in front of the rack, not inside over pins

>what is a roll of shame
>completely failing on LMAO2PL8

cucks.

roll of shame is dangerous as fuck

What? If you had 3+ plates on there and the bar lands on your chest you're fucked. Hell if 225 falls fast enough you're still fucked.

>the weight isnt heavy enough that i cant just rest the bar on my chest and call out
Exactly.

>same reason i squat in front of the rack, not inside over pins
This is stupid though. There is no saving you from a failed squat. Put the safety pins low enough to where it'll save you from being crushed like a grape at the very least.

Having clips or not wont make the bar magically not land on your chest. It's about how hard it's hitting your chest. Which you should be able to gently lower it assuming you're not a fucking retard loading up more than you can handle.

>failing on bench

When I lift alone I don't fail... why would you push your max if there's no one around? If I'm getting anywhere close to my max I ask for a spot cause I'm not a sperg.

>i didnt want a spotter because i dont want the mental escape, i needed it to be all or nothing

Same, bro

Finally someone who gets it

>Not using smith machines to burnout on bench
>Not having someone there when maxing with dead weight

I completely agree. Even when pushing myself I do it safely.

My bench is pretty OK. 2pl8 3x5. I've done 245 for one set as well, because I knew I could handle it.
People need to stop ego lifting.

>tfw last rep of last set and you don't have a spotter

>same reason i squat in front of the rack, not inside over pins

this is going to give you a hernia sooner or later

i'm a shut in with a homegym. I've been lifting two years and only rep 190 on bench because I don't add weight to the bar until I'm sure I won't fail a set of five.

> using clips
fucking lol

eh? i just unhook my fingertips and it rolls right off my back

granted i only squat 3pl8 so maybe at heavier weights itll be more dangerous?

>Smith machine
Is it already New Years?

you using bumper plates? If I dropped a squat I'd likely shatter the plates at teh very least.

Anyway, my concern has alway been falling forward. I really don't want a surprise 225lb good-morning while on a cut.

how fucking frail are you? 315 landing on your chest might break a rib or two, nothing more.

>locking in the bar path on an exercise that can cause shoulder impingement
>lifting your max weight this way

ok

look at the op image, even the non-bumpers in my gym are rubberized, and the floor is all stiff-rubber-matted too, thats not a risk

Congrats OP

lol the irony of this is that you prolly dyel af

That does not make what he says inaccurate, dyel or not

under 350 is fine if it falls.

The irony is that a nigger is fucking your mother

At our gym, your xfit partner is always there for a spot when it's your turn to lift.

hahahahahahahah

FUCK YOU Veeky Forums

I thought the clips meme applies everywhere INCLUDING FUCKING SQUATS

do I didn't use any clips there, first trial on the weight I am comfortable with (LMAO 1 PL8), balance is a bit off, left plate falls off and breaks the glass right next to me, then the right plate falls off and hits the guy squatting in the next rack

the amount of embarasment I had to endure on that day was ridiculous

i dont think this is real
but if it is, you shouldve been more careful

What the fuck is this bullshit meme of using clips? It's a safety precaution you autistic retards. Takes two fucking seconds to put them on.

just use the fucking clips

no idea, Veeky Forums is starting to suck because they are making shit memes with actual bad advice

The irony is you're calling someone dyel and recommending smith machine
pls kys

Roughly how much do I need to be able to bench for 5 reps before I try 100kg for 1 rep?

I bench 85x5, I did 95x1 but failed 100x1
Next month it will be my turn

op here, my leadup sets to this were:
160x5
185x3
205x1

in between each of those sets, i did 75lb bent-over DB rows x10 (each arm) to make sure my back and rear delts were totally warmed up and set

>using clips on bench
>using clips on deadlift
>not using clips on squat
mfw

>lb

however, its important to note that 160 is almost deffo not my 5rm -- thats probably more like 185 lbs (~80kg)

Yeah that's more what I was wondering. My 5rm is around 75 kg so I have a bit to go yet I guess.

youre gonna make it my man
youre so close

clips on DL are the most important imo. You easily sway just a little to one side and if that heavy-ass weight starts moving it can fuck your back up hardcore from suddenly changing side while you're doing the lift

youtu.be/3NuFVQk_CCs

I never used to on solid iron plates, but bumper plates can slide off the bar pretty easily so I'd wholly recommend clips on any covered plate especially if you don't have a spotter

Clips are a meme. You should really only use clips for deadlifting multiple sets or olympic lifts where shock weight is present. Not using clips on bench or squat isn't for bailing the weight off one side or another, it's about building stability. If you always use clips, how do you know if you are ever tilted slightly? Large plates will hardly slide from a slight imbalance but smaller plates will. It's good to note after you lift if any of the 2.5lb or 5lb plates slid or not and adjust accordingly.

You don't have to dump the weight when you fail a bench, just do a roll of shame. No clips required for this method. A better rule would be to avoid going amrap, 1rm, or to failure w/o a spotter being present.

In squatting, you could easily dump the weight off your back by releasing your hands. Even if you fell forward flat with the weight, it won't hit you aside from you initially bouncing off the floor unless you are a fatass. The distance of half a plate to the bar should be greater than any point on your body for a normal fit male. As stated, if you are fucking jacked or a lard this won't hold true. You should probably know how to lift properly and your limits if you are jacked though. Just my 2 cents.

more than that -- if you're doing a multi-rep set, the plates shift a little every time the bar hits the ground. THAT part is a bitch.

>Not counting the clips

I burnout chesty on the smithy weekly, so come at me

you're correct about building stability. but when i'm going for a 1RM, whether it's squat or bench or OHP or whateverthefuck, i need 100% focus with absolutely zero distractions. I'm fucking neurotic. And if i misstep coming off the pins or the weight shifts a little and i notice that a 10 pound plate has slid over a couple inches, that's going to FUCK with my head, potentially enough to make me miss the lift. Has that happened? No, but it's not a risk I feel like taking, so I just clip the fucking weight

nice!
congrats man

took me 3 months to go from benching the bar to 2 plate

what a very special boy you are

Congrats OP. As an award for 2pl8 you can now come join the cool kids on Veeky Forums chat.

chat.whatsapp.com/DQc1uEewovb19IWOvUQOah

>>You don't have to dump the weight when you fail a bench, just do a roll of shame.
That makes no sense.

I hope those are killograms user

Actually it's stones

>tfw using the iron attachment over the rubber attachment on lat pulldowns so the weight comes down easier.

kind of this

Last time i benched 180x15 easy while being sick but im not sure if i could push 2pl8.

I never managed to bench 2pl8 for one rep, last time i tried the guy who was spotting me touched the bar so i couldn't coun't that. It was long time ago so maybe i should try it again.

>180x15
you can

look at you trying to be all funny
what a funny guy you are

mfw doing 225 for reps in squat rack with pins and realized I set them too low and just maxed out last set without a spotter

>expecting the autismos on Veeky Forums to ask a stranger for a spot

Maybe who ever comes can bring you gains, because they ain't coming to your smith machine pressing retarded ass.

>failed a 100lb bench

kek

Grats op.

>expecting normies to spot your properly
>practically rows the bar for you at the first sign or struggle after informing then not to even touch the bar unless I have visibly failed the set
Its a waste of time

Grats /fitizen/ welcome to the club.

why is the bar EVER above your neck other than for one split millisecond to unrack and re rack?

Gym is autistic about it

Bailing on a squat is easy, unless you lift in the Rippetoe meme style, in which case you likely don't squat a whole lot anyway.

Bench is by far the most unsafe lift, that's just how it is. But even that is not so bad as long as you don't fail explosively, which should never ever happen outside of a competition anyway.

what doesn't make sense, learn to roll of shame and you're fine on non-clip bench

I've had a pec strain with 75% of my 1RM for 5s and had to dump it on the safeties of the power rack I was in

>1rm
lmao come back when it's your working set

If you are going for a 1rm you should have a spotter assist with liftoff so you don't lose your upper back tightness on the bench. Also, you can't see anything smaller than a 45 from your point of view of your peripheral vision on the bench, unless of course you are using bumper plates but even then in your peripheral they shouldn't be visible. Balance and form should take precedence over ego lifting.

Dumping the weight to one side will cause it to teeter totter across your chest. Rolling it down your chest, belly, then legs and sitting up is a preferred and safer method.

Dimes in the trough user

If your that stupid to lift too much while alone....Darwinism might be a good thing.

Yee my man

Wew lad

Who cares if its 1rm or 5rm? the difference is miniscule.

but did you get all faaave?

Nice work OP. Now do some single alternating dumbbell presses to really work out your chest.

t. your dumb

I can't believe you actually believe that lmao

>doing bench till failure without clips
>bar pinned on chest
>roll of shame
>pl8 slides off one side
>snaps wrist instantly

Thats why.

Unless you have four pl8s I don't see the problem here.

1/10

Are you mad m8?

>can't even get two pl8s up
>still dyel
>1/10

Always the shrimps that are mad