Memes aside, what are the benefits of crossfit?

Memes aside, what are the benefits of crossfit?

Functional strength for one

Same as normal lifting except if your goals are to achieve a good physique or a good PL total you'll reach it slower.

makes orthopiedists boat payments.

meeting girls like that!! they don't come to my gym

>Memes aside

There is no such thing as 'memes aside'

crossfit is a meme

memes aside means no crossfit

its literally a net negative. youll actually have to unfuck yourself before you can actually make gains post crossfit.

no.

It's probably the most mainstream fitness trend that actually gets people to try. It also exposes people to all sorts of training they otherwise wouldn't try.

meetingd dumb girls with rich dads

I've fucked her

To put memes aside would be to put crossfit aside, it's like asking "what are black people like, stupidity and violence aside"

I bet pal

Crossfit is ideal for building cardiovascular endurance.

Or as I like to call it. The ability to lose gains

Permanent disability checks

Loose anus for getting as many nigger cocks in as possible at once.

>what are the benefits of crossfit?
Lets be a little broader, let's not talk about "benefits" lets talk about "results":

>It will make you sweat.
>It will make you think you can pullup.
>It will make you get some cardio.
>It will make you lose money faster.
>It will make you tell everyone you do it.
>It will leave you oppen to accusations you are a dickhead.
>It will make you the laughing stock around people who actually lift.
>It will raise the risk of suffering an injury.
>It will make you into a meme.
>It will make you lose gains if you somehow have any.

Pic related.

you get to spend more time laying in bed injured

Crossfit is a fine workout in 90% of crossfit gyms

What it is not is training. If you are training for something you need proper periodization and increasing intensity, crossfit offers neither of these things.

Social gains.

All the qt's do crossfit, and they're more open to anal when they can't feel anything from the waist down.

It's a substitute for religion in an increasely secular world. Watch the new JRE podcast It fundamentally changed the way I see religion. We've been throwing out the baby with the bathwater all this time. Young men and women who want to do things like rock climbing, hiking, MMA, yoga (and CrossFit?) are desperate for a sense community, identity and spirituality. We all want to feel a sense of total awe. Doesn't matter if we get that from standing on top of a great view with some good friends or in a room with music and the sudden realization that the creator of the universe understands you and loves you unconditionally.

What strength is not 'functional'?

Non-functional strength, clearly.

Rock hard Abs

Bad exercise is better than no exercise. But it's expensive as fuck, dagerous and not optimal.

If you want to exercise do some cardio by running and biking and do some basic bodyweight exercise on a regular basis. Maybe throw in some stretching.

If you want to train to improve your body, go to the gym and do a training routine with progressive overload.

Machines and smith machines. If you have strong main movers but weak stabilizers, you are going to be weak in real situations.

>tfw christfags on my Veeky Forums
please fuck off

Question, if I ate at an excess and still lifted heavy. Why would I lose my gains?

Wouldn't my strength progress just slow, my cardio improve and I get leaner?

>what the fuck are you asking

your wallet will not be so heavy

The right form of crossfit is good. Not the meme tier shit you see on youtube.

Navy SEALs do crossfit for endurance

I did crossfit for about a year. It was good for me at the start as I was a fat fuck and had no motivation to go all out in the gym, crossfit really helped me push through that barrier. But after a while I got fed up doing WODS and now I just lift solely.

Crossfit is good for beginners, athletes and competitive excercisers.

I live in a small town and my crossfit membership was less than the local gym. But in cities the prices they charge is hilarious.

I'm actually an edgy atheist but I am conservative JRE is the Joe Rogan Experience podcast not a Christ show. CrossFit has a lot in common with a weekly church service sans the fairy tales

injuries

Still no benefit to doing it yourself, but it did benefit lifters in general by increasing the market for quality barbells and racks for the consumer.

>Crossfit is good for beginners
Yeah if u want to go to Snap city

K, /pol/, now back to your containment board

Literally just to meet chicks and get abs

You will get mired by normies

>Functional strength

yeah, no.