QTDDTOTT

New one since there isn't one in the catalog.
If I get enough protein to make gains and do a slow cut, given I was maintaining the same skinny weight from one meal a day and tea with milk, is there any harm in doing these eating patterns again and just seeig where it gets me?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/embed/_EGsbTUzRTo
youtube.com/watch?v=VA0_lg0LLPk
barbellmedicine.com/potpourri/584/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You don't really make significant gains on a cut. Maybe like 1 lb muscle per 10 lbs fat lost or something. You can get stronger though. What's your height and weight?

I'm 5'9 and I weigh around 140lbs. The only bit of fat I have is on my stomach, which I want rid of by Summer for a cosplay and general ab display

I've been thinking about changing my routine. I've been doing 5/3/1 and making good progress abut long story short coming up i wont be able to do a cycle without interruptions so I'm going to have to do something with a week long cycle like texas method, etc. instead, and I figure I can use it to try some new things out. I dont know if I should be doing texas method or starting strength or what though
I've been lifting for about 3 years, but only about 6 months seriously, the last 3 have been the only consecutive serious months. I've put on like 20 pounds bulking and I'm gonna keep that up so recovery isnt much of an issue.
My numbers are 200 bench, 135 OHP, 315 squat, 350 deads, 185 clean at around 170. I feel like that puts me more into intermediate area, but I could be wrong
any advice?

Hello hungry skeleton

not even memeing here, also 5'9", also been 140 pounds. you shouldnt cut. You'll look fuckloads better if you clean bulk and work on strength, witha bit of bodyweight to help with abs/core.
if you clean bulk with conditioning until say march then cut through June then you can probably end up around 150-160, which would be a lot better

texas method is for powerlifting disregard if powerlifting is not your main focus

youtube.com/embed/_EGsbTUzRTo

Did this attempt count?

raw strength gains is my priority. I'm bulking, trying to add mass, not just for better gains

Is doing cardio twice a day - after breakfast, and after supper - viable for cutting assuming I eat right? Or is this overkill?

haven't done it personally but have heard endless brehs talk about how the Texas method has helped them overcome plateaus

If i want bigger shoulders should I prioritize db press or ohp with barbell?

Is it a bad idea to confront my gf about her sexual past?

I've given it some thought and I think i'm gonna cycle MK677 + Ostarine MK2866.

Reason being is to increase hgh and potentially grow taller, even if it's just a tiny bit (i'm 18, growth plates may still be open, i'm around the 5'8''-5'10'' mark), if I don't then I can at least enjoy the slight muscle gains and not live in regret. Reason for taking Ostarine on top is just because I've found a site which sells both in a stack for not much more than MK677 on it's own, and I hear it's really good for people on maintenance/lean bulk which is what i'm doing. Reason I'm not taking straight hgh is because it's too expensive and harder to find good sources.

So here's my question, people say you should take MK677 for 3-6months for the chance of increasing height, but looking at the Directions for use section on the website, it states you should only use it for 4 weeks then get off for 8 weeks before returning. So should I keep doing this 4 weeks on, 8 weeks off until I hit a cumulative 3-6 months on or just do a continuous 3-6 months on?

Also should I be taking PCT to balance out my hormones when i'm off cycle or do you think that may be unnecessary since the changes won't be drastic?

yes

AKA BENZ IS TO ME JUST A CAR

that's nice to hear. I'm actually kinda excited to give it a try because my press, bench, and deads have all been coming up but my squat has plateaued for a while now, so I'm hoping that rippletits obsession with squats helps me out in that department.

bigger shoulders go with OHP, take whatever you're doing already, add 5 sets of 10 with 50-60% of your 1rm after that. after that, on upper body days or shoulder days, whatever you're doing, add in krok rows. 5 sets of 20, with HEAVY weight
you'll notice a difference in a month tops

just do ibutamoren mesylate, don't fuck with SARMs, save the money you would have spent on ostarine/PCT and buy more mk677

cycling it is a good idea

Need to take some time off chinups as I keep pulling my neck. Don't have pulldown machine, so is the next best replacement just ordinary bent DB rows?

>krok rows

I'll give this a try, thanks

built my uper back and shoulders like a mother fucker
took me from rounding a bit at 305 on deads to straight back for a set of 6 with 325 in about a month

>lifting for almost four months
>went from 135 to 155
>only eating 500 calories over maintenance.

I think I'm going too fast with this and I plan on bulking into the early summer. How much weight should I be shooting to gain each month on a slow bulk?

What is the general opinion of milk and chilli? Are they contributing good or bad to a weight loss?

Cut down to 250 surplus and work from there.

Only gain 2.5-3lb a month. You've most likely put on 15lb~ of fat.

Would really like some advice from more experianced Veeky Forumsizens. It's a bit of a long post but I'd really really appreciate some advice.

Been working out for a month now. Been taking my diet, cardio and weight lifting seriously and I'm starting to love it and it will stick this time. I've lost some weight, I'm down to probably 187lbs (85kg). Here's my problem: When I lift, as much as I love it, the numbers are meagre. I'm talking shoulder pressing 14kgs, bench pressing 40kgs, chest fly's 16kgs. My lateral raises I can literally only hit 6-8kgs. I'm scared that underneath all this blubber, is just a distusting no-muscle skelly.

What I'm asking is should I try and maintain weight for a while and just concentrate on getting my numbers up? I dont want to lose weight to look like a fucking skelly. Or should I just take the hit, lose the weight, look skelly for a while and then concentrate on putting the muscle on?.

Always better to be skelly than chubbo. For health and for life.

Always bulk from a lean starting place. Otherwise your fat gains outpace your muscle gains and you waste money and time.

notice me brehs

That's what I had figured. Thanks.

i would say no, i didnt see clear lockout at the top, its close but not quite
work your back some more, other than that your pull was ok, but holy fuck your ass launched up out of that hole quick

counted for strongman, not counted in IPF

how you pull so much with such dyel legs

I've had a slight discomfort sort of pain in my left testicle after squatting starting about a week ago. Nothing ridiculously painful, literally just a slight discomfort feeling. It remains for an hour or so and then just dissapears until my next workout. I've been lifting for almost 2 months now and it just started happening. It's really killing my vibe and I've decided to not lift today. What do?

what routine are you doing?

this tbqh famalam
i thought i was gonna see another episode of snap city
how fuckin tall are you

Thankyou very much for taking the time to read and reply, I'll carry on what I'm doing for now though.

Lifes been so much better since I started lifting. I've gone down a trouser size already and I've lost my belly. Today I put on my old favourite work shirt that I couldnt fit into and it was fine. I went to the gym and I finally went up some weight on my triceps. I've been riding this high all day. I know you don't care but my god, I wish I'd started earlier.

Goto doctor and check for hernia

Your numbers will continue to go up even as you lose weight. Don't worry, just keep doing what you're doing.

I do care brah. Those are good feels. Lifting is a blessing. Practice that gratitude man it's already paying off for you some I can tell.

PPL five days a week, usually push/pull/off/legs/push/off. Doing C25K as well.

I noticed that too, should I keep my ass lower then?

okay cool. lol i dunno man, maybe i've got good grip or something.

Thanks for the support boys its much appreciated. Do you have any advice for a newbie that you wish you'd known at an earlier stage?

6'3"

think of it as more of a pull. drive your ass down to leverage your arms up and pull the bar into you
check this out it, he explains it well, forgive the clickbait title, the guy in the video (brian shaw) knows what the fuck hes doing
youtube.com/watch?v=VA0_lg0LLPk
>6'3"
im sorry deadlifts have to suck

That's a great explanation vid man. Thanks.

>im sorry deadlifts have to suck

not nearly as bad as squats tho

alcohol fucks gains way more than you think it does would be my 2c

>okay cool. lol i dunno man, maybe i've got good grip or something.

i bet you have strong back actually and this user has it backwards, what are your stats for pullups/rows?

doing hamstring work and front squats would probably help

I weigh 225 and I can do 10-12 pull ups. haven't tried weighted ones though.
I can row 2pl8 for 5 now.

my squats are my worst lift. currently only at 265 for 5

you should try weighted, it's seriously crazy how much of a difference it makes

keep workin user you're making it

Thanks man, I'll give it a shot.

Any tips lads, please.

yeah sure but it's only really advisable if you have a lot of spare time

otherwise it's much simpler to eat 200 cals less than do half an hour of cardio

What's a good puss/pull routine?

AKA BENZ IS TO ME JUST A CAR
THAT MEAN YOUR FRIENDZEZ NEED BE UP TO PAR
SEE MY STANDARDS ARE PAMPERED BY THREESUMS TOMA MMM

KILL EM ALL DEAD BODIES IN THE HALLWAY
DONT GET INVALVED LISTEN WAT THE CRYSTAL BALL SAY
HALLE BERY HALLE LUJAH
HOLLA BACK ILL DO YA
BEEEEES

It's the break between semesters so I got like 2-ish weeks of free time, which is why I want to whip myself into some sort of shape.

thanks

do you agree with the 1 month on/2 months off cycle like it says on the website or should I be on cycle for longer?

I'm not gonna lie, those other SARMs do sound tempting, they do boast nice pros and practically zero cons, but i'm guessing most of that is just marketing. Any other reason I should avoid SARMs?

What mode will you hit if you lift and do cardio but don't watch your diet really? I'm trying to stop drinking, but I can't handle a cut AND cutting out alcohol at the same time for the foreseeable future. I'm doing this for my health right now and am not too concerned about looks since anything would be an improvement right now, I'm mainly curious if anything will come of it or if I'll be spinning my wheels aesthetics wise. I was going to just eat 3 meals a day of homecooked meals with a good fat, carb, and protein balance (mainly meaty soups and stews with bread or rice). No snacking, no booze, no sweets aside from a fruit only smoothie when I wake up. I've been tapering down the alcohol per my doctor's recommendation and I'm still at 7 drinks a night (which is 14 more days until zero drinks assuming no setbacks), but I decided to start getting my diet in check early by making some healthy foods and exercising again.

To give you an idea of what I'm eating, I just finished up making some split pea soup with ham and a big ass pot of chili, and I have rice soaking for tomorrow as well as some red lentils to make poo in loo style lentils tomorrow.

tfw setting my cut progress back by 10 pounds by not being able to outwalk all the food I'm eating in Japan

C-can't wait to get back to starving myself again..

how do you even obtain a hernia? and what did I do wrong that made me have one and not everyone who lifts more than me? this is so aggravating I was really making progress too

Anyone ever fixed a posture like this? I've got a winged scapula aswell.

I have lost around 12 kg while lifting and now switched to a slow clean bulk since 2 weeks. I still have some belly (skinny fat) as I continue to add muscle mass, will my belly disappear even though I'm gaining weight but in theory reducing my bf%?

they crash your natty test and you end off worse than before

quality is always a concern

i'd say 1 month on 1 off for ibutamoren

Say I want to do TM, and my current 5rm for squats is 130kg, would the squat part of the routine be like this for the first two weeks:
Vol-117x5x5
Rec-94x2x5
Int-132x1x5

Vol-119x5x5
Rec-95x2x5
Int-134x1x5

Just want to make sure I'm doing the maths right. Also do deadlifts just progress linearly?

there's only one way to say this--you're a pussy and don't want it bad enough.

how feasible is it to 'practice' a few lifts at twice a week frequency and only add 5-10 pounds to the lift after 1 month? this would result in say 60/30 pound gains over 6 months. wantto try tthis with deadlifts and overhead presses. i would keep squats and other lifts for a separate day.

you're gonna look so retarded if you try to lose weight now.

Which is better? Chinup or barbell row?

Obviously. You going to answer my question?

Both

Is squats dead and bench + 4-5 isolation exercises a decent routine for a beginner?

Also, aside from lat pulldowns / pull ups what lifts will make me better at rock climbing?

farmers walk, you need grip strength like nobodies business for climbing

Is it alright to alternate between them?

Anybody here an inner fatty?

I am one, I have been fat most of my life and only recently did I lose weight. And I can only seem to keep myself "skinny" or lean for a short period of time. If I dont my default is to become a fatty. And I was never super lean either, I tried cutting like a maniac and only got skinny like ethiopian mode. It seems I can only go down as far as 12%

Right now, I am holding on to dear life in continuing my cut so I can leanbulk until the middle of spring and then get ripped for the summer. But all I can think about is food, I already cheated on my diet at some point but now I might completely fall off the wagon.

What do? If will power is a muscle, I think I have reached my muscle failure. Or should I not stay natty?

no, you have to do both at once if you ever want to make it
>2016
>not doing pull up barbell rows

Currently bulking and doing StrongLifts. What accessories should I add in for optimal aesthetics?

nigga u right. brb getting another pair of arms

i'd suck that dick

no homo tho

Got in an MVA and fucked up my shoulder bad about 3 months ago. Lost about 10 pounds while I sat at home recovering for about a month until I started physio.

I'm a huge retard and only did the physio on my injured arm until about 3 weeks ago and now my chest and back on my left side is slightly bigger than my right.

Should I keep lifting normally and hope it evens out or should I just lift heavier on my good arm until it's even.

>tfw after 2 accidents my left arm is going to be at max 80% strength

How do I make eggnog healthy? The macros are absolutely shit no matter how you slice it, is there some way to spice it up with a protein shake?

homemade

My motivation to exercise has been petering out for awhile. I have made some progress and would like to save most of my gains and maintain most of what I have so far while I fix my motivation problem.

What's the minimum that I must do to keep what I have created? Before, I was strength training three times a week.

So when trying to find my ideal caloric intake for the day, is there a more reliable method than formulas like Harris-Benedict, Mifflin-St Joer, etc? I would like to know my exact resting metabolic rate I guess.

Does anyone have experience using something like a body bug that actively tracks how many calories you burn/day? I would love to get a more precise estimate for my caloric allowance, unless said formulas are accurate within +/- 200 calories for MY specific metabolic rate.

In addition to the other comments, increasing your lean mass via muscle gain will have the effect of diluting your fat concentrations, as it essentially spreads it all a bit thinner.

Basically, if you keep the same amount of fat, but put on muslce, it will appear as though you've lost fat and gained muscle, since your bodyfat % has dropped.

To Keto or not keto?

I just want to lose weight

Dude, it's eggs and milk together. Maybe add some chocolate protein powder and it's bulk heaven. The perfect post-workout treat. Maybe cut down on the sugar if you're really concerned.

whatever motivates you to do it brutha

I found my best results for both bulking and cutting were with a high fat diet (not trans fat tho lol) - I went about it from the other side though, I didn't seek to lower my carbs, but instead maximize my healthy fats including saturated, which in turn, cut my carbs greatly. I think that's a more appropriate way to look at it personally, rather than thinking of just eliminating carbs, but they achieve the same end

definately don't hold back on having some filling oatmeal though to curb that appetite

only if you're BMI 30+

once a week intense full body

I've been doing three sets of each exercise to near failure (the last one where I can maintain form). If I do once a week for five sets to failure-failure (provided that the last rep doesn't put me at risk for injurying myself) would that be adequate and/or help me to make some progress while I lift?

So I have always been pretty skinny throughout my life. I noticed a few months ago that when I tilt my head down as if I were looking down at my shoes without bending over that I have a double chin. However I also a huge ass adams apple. I've noticed that if I pull the skin down around my adams apple and then look straight down I no longer have a double chin. 5'11 currently around 146lbs probably about 12% bf. Is there anything I can do?

I'll give it a shot, thanks

28.5, so it's pretty much a yes.

anyone else crack their neck too much

i think ive fucked myself somehow, my head feels "full"

What's preferable pullups or chinups?

They're both about the same. Mix 'em up.

Is soy milk any good for you?

Recently I've been having cornflakes with raisins and soy milk for breakfast but I feel I like I could be eating something much more nutritious.

I have that 'full' head feeling too. Actually I think it's more to do with stress and anxiety but I am sure if you have a tense back it doesn't help. Probably doesn't come from cricking your neck but my physio friend said you should generally avoid doing that with your neck.

Whats the opinion on barbellmedicine.com/potpourri/584/ ?

The example he gives halfway through the article is off by 800 calories on the table earlier. Seems like a lot for "everyones a snowflake" reasons.

>At parents for a week before finals
>Go to apartment gym
>No power rack, only smith machine
>eh, should be fine for a week
>try to OHP, machine is too short for me to extend my arms all the way up

They have a bench press with a free barbell that I can use for deadlifts and rows. Can't really do bench press without a spotter, gym is empty. Should I just do 80% of bench press for this week? Anything to replace OHP?

better than starving, though not by much

Because I lack shoulder mobility, my ohp is a sort of incline bench, should I just do dumbbell ohp till I gain more flexibility ?

Is this bait?

Clean the bar for OHP, god knows you don't press THAT much

bench 100% w/o clips and dump it if you fail. or just do high volume if you're really scared

What in the honest fuck am I reading?

>doing SS
>miss gym yesterday (it's tuesday where I live)

should I just workout today and tomorrow or should I just stick to the mon/wed/fri schedule and only work out tomorrow and friday?

also any ausfags on because
>how in the mighty fuck does anyone afford to eat 3000cal+ every day