What do we do about the New Years Question?

What do we do about the New Years Question?

Every single fucking year. Veeky Forums gets bombarded with dumb fucking questions for two months. And every single fucking year, I have to wait until some asshole finishes his 20lb curls in the fucking power rack, because he's "supersetting" his curls with dangling fish flopping on the pull up station at the top.

Not this year. What do we do?

learn to accept the newbies into the club :3

fpwp

Does this really happen? We're all just intermediate lifters acting like experts and experts trying to spread memes. We feed off of these new lifters. But I suppose keeping 3-4 QTDDTOT threads circulating might keep it contained.

is this really a thing? Or is it just an exaggerated meme?

>mfw home gym master race

If my gym is open 430am-11pm

what is the optimal time to avoid them?

Worked last year.

Think of it this way: a lot of the >90% of NYRtards that fail will end up as fresh OC for FPH threads. The other few percent will be new blood for the Veeky Forums club.

The dangling fish flopping wasn't a meme. It happened last fucking year. I actually have a video to prove it. But I'm accidentally covering it for most of it.

11pm-430am

first of the year is the real money maker for gyms, its their black friday

I've found that between 11-1.30 are the most quiet at my gym. Everyone's too busy eating.

Works every time

Go at 5 am and you have the place to yourself

>drink plenty of 100% fruit juice
>avoid soda (too sugary)

lol... what do you think fruit juice is?

That's the point.

Noice. Saved

>tfw your a recovering fatasfatass and people are going to assume that you're a NYs resolution

If you've been going to the gym for a while, people probably know you as a regular

>whhooosshhhh

>ppssstttt it's things everyone knows to avoid (like cookies and shit) and then throwing in telling people to eat/drink bad for them shit because it sounds "healthy". Tard.

You put up with them for 2 months, like you do every year. They paid their dues, same as you did.

>tfw doing 20lb curls

>moved to new city due to school
>finally able to lift again starting january due to hernia repair surgery
>only going to look like a NYR

Fuck

Fair point actually.
I don't really talk to people at the gym but I'm 6'5 and still 165kg/364lbs so I probably am pretty recognisable anyway.

Sounds like a guy I see in the gym every now and then. Couldn't say shit because he lifts more than me. Gave him mental props for actually knowing what he's doing in the gym

People will accept you after they realize you didn't leave.

Or... you just couldn't give a shit. It's not as if they're all singling you out as the NYR dude. Just lift and get swole.

Kek

thanks mate I didnt know extra protein can turn into fat

at what rate do NYR people drop out?

yes nobody does because people go around spreading misinformation.

there was a guy in a thread last week saying "A metabolic path to convert protein to fat does has never existed" when I showed him he was wrong he amended his statement to "well it's very uncommon and you'd have to eat very little carbs and a lot of protein"

he was a smart guy too...I know he's still here on Veeky Forums and I hope he posts in here to restate his claim that "carbs almost never get converted to fat because people don't eat enough carbs in todays carb-phobic mindset."

Go early in the morning.
Newfags hate getting up early.
Especially when it is cold.

1 month and most are gone. I'm guessing it's due to not seeing fast results like they expect

I notice more people complaining about ressies than I notice actual ressie tier questions that we wouldn't usually get

And we get dumb shit posted here year round

Most of them gone by February/March. At my gym we make twice as much money in January, half of that in February, and then we're back to normal in March.

It's fine if you've been going before new years and are still there in the summer.

Back in the day on /b/ I thought the whole summerfag thing was a meme.
To me the quality of posts didn't drop noticably, but people were complaining like crazy.

> tfw started going to gym at the start of 2016
> mfw still going strong

Been on NYR since last year and my life has never been worse thanks Veeky Forums

I like how this is partly true and partly trolling. 7/10

Same brah, heres to another solid year of gains

>What do we do about the New Years Question?

We wait for SIR to post his next masterpiece. Am I the only one who looks forward to New Years simply because of this?

As for stupid shit being asked on Veeky Forums just ignore it. If it's stupid shit at the gym, then go at a time when NYRetards aren't around. I go to a 24 hour gym, and get there by 3:30 AM. Nobody's there till 6, so I don't experience any of the problems everyone complains about. Also, natural selection will take it's course like it always does and they'll either give up, or kill themselves off doing dangerous shit like Barbell squats on a ball.

>Keep membership.
>Learn to calisthenics at home.
>Go back on Feb. 15th in droves.

Every January - February should be calisthenics at home. On Feb 15th each year, everyone should return to their normally scheduled programming and take the gym back; crushing the newbs spirits.

*Shakes head*

It's like it's your first day kid *nods* but you'll learn; we all had to learn... the path to making it.

Prove it then.

What's new gonna be in this years new year comic?

this. I lift at 6h30am since it's the only time I can during the day and while there are a few normies and curlbros the first few days of the year, after about a week the enthusiasm dies and they realize the world is dark, cold, and unforgiving that early