Is eating canned tuna everyday unhealthy for you?

I am looking at eating 500g-1kg per day, are there any health risk?

Other urls found in this thread:

bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/
menshealth.com/nutrition/eating-tuna-every-day-safe
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes, mercury is extremely toxic.

why would you eat 1kg of tuna every day

literal autism

any studies or anything

I like it because its so easy to prepare, like you just buy a bag of mixed salad, toss in the tuna (400g tins) add some lemon juice and vinegar and you're done.

mercury poisoning. recommended maximum intake is like 2 cans per week

see
Chicken breasts are neat but they take so long to cook

Any advice on cooking and hitting 250g of protein a day?

I am also training to cut some weight (290 lbs atm at 6'3" want to hit 240lbs) that is 130kg to ~105kg)

Actually, just looked it up, canned tuna is considered lower in mercury than most fish. Just look up mercury poisoning, and see if your diet contains too much.

is mercury even that bad? scientists use n shit

You don't need 250g of protein lmao. How much muscle do you think you have at 290lbs?

289lb.

I have red a lot of articles saying we only need like 1.2g/kg of lean body mass? do you have any studies or articles that suggest otherwise?

You should read articles that define what lean body mass is so you can realize how stupid 250g of protein is.

I red this
bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/

Is 0.84g/kg of body weight or lean body mass?

correction 1.8g/kg or 0.82g/lb

You need studies on how mercury is bad for you? The CDC website has a calculator on how many cans is safe to eat a week, I'm sure they've got literature

If you buy canned light tuna in water you can have about 4 cans a week safely.

Use sardines instead. They have a much lower mercury content being that they are lower on the food chain.

People say body mass but it should be lean body mass. I assume the myth got perpetuated by the protein powder jews to make more money. Therefore 250g of protein is excess because you don't even have any where near that amount of lean body mass.

Your body doesn't digest it IIRC

4 u

Gout. Will fuck your workouts for weeks at a time, and you're fucked once you get it, it'll keep getting it.

BRB waking up from the pain when a blanket lightly brushes my gouty toe.

This. Sardines are a much safer alternative. You could also add in some anchovies to enhance the taste.

You might be able to get away with canned chicken (comes in cans quite similar to a can of tuna).

The basic rule for athletes is 1 to 1.6 grams of protein per kilogram of bodyweight, and up to 2 grams per kilogram while on a cut. But considering you're not an athlete, use lean body mass.

I am a fat mess not an athlete but i have been lifting for 2 years on and off with decent amount of muscle in my back, chest, arms and legs

Trust me. You're not even close to 100 kilos of lean body mass. If you were, you'd be lifting 200 kilos above your head. So eating 130 grams of protein is probably plenty

What brand do you recommend? Everytime I eat sardines they're like 90% salt.

Am I the only one that uses percentages rather than set numbers?

Ate 100g (1 can) of tuna everyday for 4 years straight during college, sometimes 200g (two cans). Also ate one can of sardines a day for two years. No ill effects.

been eating tuna every day for almost my whole life, dont fall for the jew lies about mercury cause I would be flat dead or very sick by now if it was true.

Chicken breast does take a while to cook so a few tips
Butterfly them in a big pan
Cook several for the week or a few days atleast at once.
Season them or itll get boring fast

Cheers mate can I cook chicken say in the oven and put it in a container in the fridge than later reheat it? Is that safe?

Thank you Lotus. I havent been on Veeky Forums for a while. How are you doing? Making progress?

Are you borderline retarded?

Chicken breast takes like 15 mins tops in the oven.

Diced topside of pork (same cal:protein as chicken breast) takes 11 minutes.

Pork shoulder steaks take 11 mins if you want it medium-well.

You lazy fucking piece of shit you would literally eat the most disgusting, worst textured protein source because you can't spend 30 seconds to season food and sit on your ass on Veeky Forums for 10 minutes to wait for the food to cook.

> You lazy fucking piece of shit you would literally eat the most disgusting, worst textured protein source because you can't spend 30 seconds to season food and sit on your ass on Veeky Forums for 10 minutes to wait for the food to cook.
REEEEE

thanks senpai

Scientists also use arsenic and lead

What the fuck is this # cans a week shit? Is there some fucking standard size for tuna cans in burger land? How much grams are in a can and why the fuck don't they use grams instead of cans as a measurement for something as important as mercury poisoning.

REEEEEEEEEEE

Are you fucking retarded?
>Is mercury that bad
You know the Mad Hatter from Alice and Wonderland

That was not a complete parody, that was a characterization of Haberdashers from Lewis Carrol's era, they used a type of Mercury compound to stiffen top hats and the like, dipping their hands in it day after day, the mercury would run out of the fabric, but after years it absorbed into their skin and bodies.

Since you are getting it form an organic source the poisoning would be slightly different (organic as in organic chemistry, as in the Mercury has been bonded to biological shit to form a slightly different chemical) you would likely experience; Loss of peripheral vision, Pins and Needles in extremities (that is nerve death in extremities), loss of coordination, muscle weakness, and hearing and speech impairment.

It isn't quite as bad as it could be, but still pretty serious, the pins and needles stuff is recoverable, but any brain damage would be permanent although you may be able to adapt around it.

Mercury poisoning ain't a fucking joke boyo. Check to make sure you aren't overdoing it.

Also, scientists handle Mercury very carefully, because with certain types of exposure it will destroy your nervous system and kill you within a few weeks. One grad student died from it because the lab on the floor below her had an accident and Mercury vapor got into the ventilation system and she inhaled it in her lab since she wasn't wearing protection there. She lasted about two weeks since they didnt know what was going on at first, and after that it was too late.

We generally have two sizes of tuna cans, with the specific weight in ounces printed on it. It makes it easier on people to count by the can size since they don't have to go, grab a can, read the label, and come back they can just go "Well, I know for sure that dinky ass can ain't 24 ounces, that would make it a pound and a half of tuna!" or whatever the actual measurements are.

Fucking Yuropoors can't into accurate generalizations

The fuck cares what your opinion is?

This isn't up for debate, this isn't like "yo guys do you notice sleeping on the left gives you more gains?".

It's a binary question: is there a danger of eating tuna frequently?

Answer: yes

Source: every health organisation in the world.

Buy bulk unflavoured whey (I got 10kg for ~$157 USD), have 2x 45g shakes every day, once 45 min preworkout, one post workout.

Make as much food you can with milk (oatmeal with milk, not water).

But leaner meat so you can eat more of it without as many calories.

Some cheeses have reasonable amount of protein with not as high fat as others.

Chicken breast is really good (I think it's 30% protein uncooked) but it gets tiring after a while, not nearly as nice to eat as red meats are.

Try and get your carbs from more protein rich sources (maybe beans)

thats really it. 250g is not that hard, harder if you are cutting, but that's what high intensity workouts are for (so you can bulk at 6kcal and cut at 5kcal instead of 3kcal and 2kcal respectively)

Thank you and thanks everyone for your contribution

Remember that mercury is an accumulative poison, and chronic poisoning effects set in slowly. Once you notice them, you're already fucked for life.

tuna is not good if you eat it all the time due to mercury. you can eat mackerel every day instead

I eat 160g of tuna every once every two days

knew a girl that did this and ended up getting mercury poisoning

Eating one can of tuna per day the mercury breaks down quicker than you consume it assuming no other sources of mercury in your diet.

>Is eating canned tuna everyday unhealthy for you? Anonymous 12/06/16(Tue)05:47:12 No.396
menshealth.com/nutrition/eating-tuna-every-day-safe