Daily reminder that, as a natty...

Daily reminder that, as a natty, if you don't follow a heavy compound based routine focusing on progressive overload you're literally wasting your time and energy

>muh bro splits
>muh arms

Nothing wrong with hitting your arms after your compounds but you faggots with your "arm day" need to sit the fuck down

>inb4 LUL nice bait
Not even memeing, natty bro split fags are wasting their fucking time

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7hnPwR3QcCU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I follow a heavy compound based ppl

problem?

Agreed. Period.

this is what's messing with me - I'm following a compound based routine but can't progress and no results, but here comes the fucking Chads in the gym with their 1-hour left bicep workout and look fuckin huge. You gonna tell me all of them are juicing?

I herniated a disc when I was 12 so I can't do squat/deadlift/OHP.

I have no choice OP.

They focus on getting a pump. Compound lifts don't give you a pump, especially if you stop at 5 reps.

you arent eating enough

sleep more
eat more

CMON

I'm doing a bro split of compound lifts followed by accessories. HOW FUCKED AM I

Why is everyone so concerned about what others are doing?
Just lift however and whatever you want and shut the fuck up, OP.

You'd be surprised how many fuckers are juicing.

That said upper body does tend to respond to lots of volume, if all you do is 5x5 bench and ohp with maybe a db set or two you're holding yourself back

There are other ways to cause overload, apart from tension. This shouldn't be a new concept I hope?

Combination of low rep hgih weight compounds and lower weight accesories is the best

unless you overwork during accessories and stunt your growth from the compounds

you should only have one accessory per body group during a workout

and if youre working out 5 days a week jst kill yourself

Thanks for the laugh.

If you want to gain size, train x12.

Compounds, and then isolation excercises.

Chad is smart. Chad gets his advice from ripped dudes- ripped dudes tell Chad 'Man do compounds but make sure you hit your biceps and triceps with isolations too!' 'Man train in sets of 10-12 it's ideal for size gains'

Chad thinks 'Man this ripped guy told me to do it I'm gonna do it'.

Chad does it and Chads arms blow up, he still has a strong core and back from the compounds, he looks good.

Contrast this with DYEL fit incel. Dyel fit incel just does SL 5 x5 or SS, never sees any progress other than huge unasthetic quads that aren't proportional to his physique

>tfw I didn't follow OP's advice, and ran a natty brosplit so I look like shit. Pic related.

Never done this 5x5 thing, always hitted more reps, but still bicepslet because genetics.

>When. Will. They. Learn.

They never see any progress because they run peaking programs with low volume. A bro split based on compounds will beat it 9 times out of 10. The simple fact is that "Chad" outworks.

Take chest, for example:

Internet lifter
Bench 5x5 with 60 kg -1200 kg

Bro lifter
Bench 5x12 with 40 kg - 2400 kg
Decline bench 5x12 with 50 kg - 3000 kg
Flat dumbells
Chest flies
Machine flies
Arms x A LOT

He is already doing TWICE the amount of work with his bench press and continues to pack on volume on it. You don't stand a chance.

Nice try. Look at the doorhandle position. The thing above the emoji is also a jacket, I can see where the confusion lies though.

>lul bait meme fag

Underage b& when

Yep. More volume, more progress.

I forgot to add that.

Internet lifter: 'Veeky Forums told me that too much volume is bad as a natty! I will overtrain!'

Chad: FUARK BRO MORE VOLUME MORE GAINS! MORE PUMP MORE GAINS! WANNA LIFT TILL MY SHIT IS SORE!

Guess who looks better?

(Chad)

>brosplit based on compounds

What I've been doing I think is ideal for natties.

I lift 3.5 days a week. Very simple. Lift day, rest day.

One lift day, I do a fuckload of volume. I lift for 3 hours.

All my shit is pumped and fucking sore as fuck.

This has to be ideal for natties. It feels so GOOD.

ARNOLD NEVER LIED ABOUT PUMP.

Yup - you can never do TOO MUCH work. Train 3-4 days a week with a volume program and you will gain aesthetics. Even something like Sheiko 3-day + a day for bodybuilding will fit the bill as an introduction.

Just start doing some more WORK. Enough with this 5x5 bullshit. If you want results, you need to work for them. Look at the "champions" of those routines - Blaha and Medhi. Do you want to be like them or do you want to be like "Chad" or pic related?

Door handles don't start at your elbows unless you're like 5 feet tall. They're at wrist height. Sorry m8

>making shit up because he's so short he doesn't know any better
Manlet detected.

Lol. Continue doing your "optimal" training that has brought nothing but fail in its wake. All of the good physiques I have seen have come from splits. Nobody (apart from forum lurkers) has done or does your vaunted routines.

Correct. Strangely, no one irl ahs ever heard of SS/SL or whatever is hip now on the internet. Everyone who looks the part does a split.

I do Candito's 6 week strength program. I've seen some pretty good gains, been running it for the past 12 weeks. On my third cycle of it now.

>BREAKING NEWS
>SS is a meme

>pretts good gains
So you bench 50 lbs now?

The biggest irony is that the people doing SS/SL will get more out of a bro split, while the split guys will get more out of the SS/SL.

Here's something for you all before I blast off the gym:

Bench/Assistance/Arms/Abs
Squat/Assistance/Arms/Abs
Row/Assistance/Arms/Abs
Bench/Assistance/Arms/Abs

Here's your starting point, now start modifying.

>pretts

nice try buddy

>while the split guys will get more out of the SS/SL
Doubt.jpg

Get what? More bodyfat? Bad clean technique?

Yeah, loading up on a lot of volume tends to drive progress.

>he doesn't deny it
>instead goes for the typo like a pencil-necked ubernerd
Wew lad. Enjoy your 50 lbs bench, then.

>it's a brosplitters think SS/SL has no arm/physique accessories in it if you do it correctly episode

reminder that brosplitting is RETARDED and you will get much more out of SS/SL or PPL or and upper/lower split

Reality disagrees, though.

A higher max you mongoloid. Splits are good for building muscle which couch potato beginners need. SS/SL are good at realising your strength potential. If you have more muscle, you will have a higher strength potential.

Anyway, I am off.

ok buddy will do!

You can absolutely do too much work. There's this thing called "overtraining". That's partly why programs like SS have low volume.

Except Chad only does chest on chest day. Internet lifter can do bench three times a week, the higher frequency is much more important than packing in as much volume as you can into one day a week.

A higher max, moron. If doing splits make you look awesome now, think what the same volume with heavier weights would do to you.

just because chads that were already jacked before they started lifting at whatever gym you go at look strong doesnt mean theyve made the most progress in the least amount of time

you dont see people going from skelly to ripped doing 5 day brosplits and only working chest once a fucking week

OP literally says
>Nothing wrong with hitting your arms after your compounds

I've gotten stretch marks on my biceps since I started doing 3x8-12 bicep curls at the end of my workouts. Eat more if you're not seeing progress

I'm a fucking 6' manlet and door handles are by my waist. What kind of giant country do you live in

You need to add volume to your workouts.

Basically if you aren't doing at least say 25 sets and getting a fair amount of reps in per workout and going hard you are probably hindering yourself.

Just up the volume and eat more, and make sure to track your shit. More volume = more gains up to a certain point, obviously it caps out because over training can occur. When your body adjusts to the volume (which it will) your progress will stagnate.

basically what these guys said

Before any further discussion can you post your body with timestamp?

Please explain more. Are you saying we should keep doing more sets (Maybe with lower reps) after exhaustion on the final set?

no, actually it isn't

training volume is the single biggest determinant of training effect, as has been shown in literally every scientific study of lifting ever made

higher frequency is just a more effective way of splitting up this volume (to an extent - some large overloading workouts where you get a lot of volume at once are necessary for hypertrophy later on, Mike Israetel has some stuff about this if you want to read more)

if you do 30 reps of bench a week split into 2 days, and chad does 90 reps of flat bench, incline, and then direct tricep, chest, and delt work in one day, he has still outworked you by a wide margin and will see better results

you don't understand programming

SS has low volume because the entire point is recovering enough to PR your very next workout

with Sheiko, you don't fully recover for literally months, you are constantly fatigued until you enter the competition cycle and your volume goes down

actually "overtraining" (you break yourself and see a massive performance decrease) is very very different from being acutely fatigued due to training (you feel a bit weaker), none of us have the time or work capacity to actually overtrain except maybe Norsefat

Low volume high intensity compounds are only for beginners.
If you do a beginners routine for two years no shit you're not gonna make good gains.
That said if you actually do the programs you should still up much stronger than the average chad at the gym

I'm 6'2 and the door handle is by my wrist so I can confirm
is a small framd manlet

Pls, recommend me good beginner program.

OP is right

>look
that's the problem, people focused on looking
You can build strength both ways, but long slow reps with high reps will always beat up the muscle and make it swell up. That doesn't mean those are quality muscle fibers though, I learned that the hard way when I used to bodybuild and some average looking powerlifter 20 pounds lighter than me could outlift the fuck out of me

Monday: chest/ tris
>5x12 bench
>5x12 incline bench
>5x12 decline dumbbell flys
>4x10 decline dumbbell bench
>3x20 tricep pushdown
>5x14 skull crushers

Tuesday: back and bis
>5x12 lat pulldowns
>5x12 dumbbell rows
>5x12 upright rows
>3x8 deadlift
>3x20 hammer curls
>21s
>3x20 preacher curls
>3x20 decline dumbell curls
>3x12 ezbar curls

Thursday: shoulders
>3x12 lateral raises
>5x12 military press
>5x12 shoulder press machine
>3x12 reverse flys

Friday legs
>5x12 leg press
>5x12 squat
>5x12 hamstring curl
>5x12 knee extensions
>5x12 calf raises

>quality fibers

lots of uneducated broscience up in here

strength is a skill, especially strength at the squat/bench/deadlift

if you don't train those in high percentages of your 1rm, you will not be able to lift as much on those movements as someone who does

it has fuck all to do with your muscle fibers not being "quality" if you lift with higher reps and everything to do with specificity

>aesthetics fags

Some russian beginner routines. Compare to SS/SL. What do you think about them?

Bench focus, AxBxCxx
A
Bench 5x5
OHP 3x5
Squat 5x5
Pull ups 3xf

B
Bench 5x6
Dips 5x6-8

C
Bench 5x8
OHP 3x5
Deadlift 5x5
Pull ups 3xf

Another beginner routine, AxBxCxx. For two-three months. Weights in compound barbells exercises - if easy + 5kg to lower body exercises and + 2.5kg to upper.
A
Hyperextensions 2x10
Bench 3x5 (light), 5x2
Squat 3x5 (light), 5x2
Bench 4x4 (light)
Pec flies 5x10

B
Hyperextensions 2x10
Incline bench 3x6 (light), 4x2
Deadlift 4x2
Lats pulldowns 2x10
OHP 4x4 (ramping)
BTNOHP 2x12
DB lateral raises 2x12
DB shoulder press 2x10

C
Hyperextensions 2x10
Squat 3x4 (light) 4x4
CG bench 3x5 (light) 5x3
French press 2x12
Bicep curls 3x10
Front squat 2x5 (light) 5x3
Tricep pulldowns 2x12
Hammer curls 2x10
Shrugs 2x12

First one is minimalist,so its better to do SS instead.
Second one is decent too,but ICF would work better.

>2 sets of somewhere between 5-10 reps light warmup
>6 sets of progressive 5-1 reps

You'll get er' done that way
However I have to admit once in a while I go ahead and do some high reps in problem areas, such as my chest which has always been the part I need to work on, arms, legs, shoulders, and everything else come easy

One more russian beginner routine, pretty general

A
Squat 5x5
Bench 5x5
W. dips 3x8
Goodmornings 3x10
Calves 2x15
Abs

B
Deadlift 3x5
Barbell rows 3x8
Shrugs 2x20
Bench 3x5
Hyperextensions 3x12
Abs

C
Squat 3x5
Bench 5x5
OHP 3x8
CG bench 3x8
Goodmornings 3x10
Calves 3x15
Abs

>Russian beginner routine
>Posts Georgian commie

Internet lifter does 50 sets of bench when he benches twice a week. "Chad" does that with only 2 exercises. You are still at a deficit there, champ.

No, that's what I have seen time and time and time and time again. A kid goes into the gym 5 days a week, trains like a maniac and eats like a maniac and gets fucking huge. From what I see on the forums it's the same shit - form checks (hint, if you can't perform a body squat and a good pushup you shouldn't be doing barbell movements), high-school level benches and endless masturbation over 140kg squat which can be achieved in 6 months of REAL training, not SS.

There are a lot of ways to structure volume. Look into Juggernaut Method and Sheiko 3-day to get a better idea.

Basically this:Yeah because he has trained himself to max. That's what programs like SS/SL do - they teach you how to max out your current strength levels.

Do Sheiko's beginner routine.

>muh bro splits

>muh arms

Sorry to see you have shit tier genetics senpai but brosplit + arms day is working out fantastic for me

>low volume high intensity is for beginners
Every sane person ever would disagree with you.

>if you do the programs
I never understood this argument. "Beginner" programs produce wildly different results because not all beginners are created equal. If you have a guy who has been doing sports for the past 3 years, his strength will be high. If you have a guy who just got his ass from the sofa then there is a chance he won't be able to even perform the movements.

Are there any apps for brosplits similar to the SL app?

Arms aren't shit for me, I go to the gym on a lazy day and go get a little brosplit arm day done

No. the weight doesn't matter. Its all about volume and 'feeling the contraction'

Depends on your goals. I've followed this guy for a while on youtube, he has never been aesthetic.

bro splits will always be GOAT for actually looking good

No. Raise your main lifts at the end of each month by how much you think you would be able to lift.

Why would I have a problem with you making shit gains over a gay high volume routine?

I don't give a shit you DYEL motherfucker

>weight doesn't matter
bodymemers

Chad usually just does solely upperbody with maybe some lip service to legs. Why the fuck are we so obsessed with leg strength when almost every guy coming here just wants to look good naked?

It all depends on your goals.

If all you want is "aesthetics" you don't even need to go to the gym. Just do some pullups, pushups and crunches and make sure you have low bodyfat.

If you want to be a bodybuilder, start taking steroids.

If you want to be a strength athlete, do a sport-specific training program.
(and get a coach)

If you want to be all-round strong, healthy and look good, do a balanced routine that includes
>heavy compounds in the 3-6 rep range (squat, bench, deadlift, press, row)
>volume compounds in the 5-10 set range (also consider variations of the main compounds, like incline bench, front squat, RDL, ...)
>bodyweight exercises in the 50-100 total rep range (pushups, chinups, dips)
>a few isolations for whatever is lacking (1-2 per workout)
>ab work (every day)
>(optional: explosive exercises: push press, clean, snatch, box jumps ...)
>do cardio

because this place is an autistic circlejerk

Because of the Internet's version of broscience. SS and SL became so popular as a reaction against the commercial lifter who was only training upper body and maybe doing some leg press. Maybe.

It comes with a sense of smug superiority that is annoying beyond belief. Here's the truth - nobody cares about your leg development if your upper body is anemic.

Then you have the whole nerdiness of the Internet. SS and SL are the "one true way to make natty gains". It's like a WoW quest or something.

/thread

>If you want to gain size, train x12.
I'm doing squats 3 times a week and now I have to do them twelve times that? I suspected ss was a troll but I'm no gonna squat 36 times a week

You do 1 set 1 rep per day?

I just hope this "powerlifting" fad dies out in the next 2-3 years.

bodybuilder fag, go do 100 reps with 5 pound dumbbells or something

Lol. Unless you compete you are not a powerlifter - you are just a wanabe bodybuilder that brags about his gym total. Fuck, I remember when everyone was all about machines and P90x or whatever it's called. How times change.

P90X is honestly probably better than the shitty meme 15 sets in total a day routines that infest the net today

MORE VOLUME = BETTER NO MATTER FUCKING WHAT

It was getting recommended a lot way back when. The guys that ran it ended up leaner and were ready for the beach.

All that matters is functional strength, which bodybuilderfaggots will always fall behind on

Literally every bodybuilderfag will tell you not to do weighted crunches because it makes your waist bigger. Literally what?
Aesthetics faggots crack me up with their shitty less functional workout plans

At the end of the day as long as we workout in some way I guess props bros

I respect people who do shit like starting strength less than people who don't do anything.
The people who don't go to the gym admit they don't do anything. SS faggots don't do anything and then have the audacity to think they make progress and that they're better than other people

All strength is functional bro. Bodybuilders are strong but they don't focus on it and build their training around having an aesthetically-pleasing body.

That said, the single/multi ply guys and strongman competitors are beasts.

fucks brehs
i find this thread very unsettling
rate my routine

push:
2s squats
3s bench press
3s chest flyes
3s OHP
3s lateral raises
3s weighted dips
2s skullcrushers
3s hanging leg raises
3s some calf work

pull:
2s deadlift
3s weighted pullups
3s barbell rows
1s to failure machine rows
3s barbell curls
3s weighted situps

3 workouts per week

But breh

How long lifting + pic of arms

This thread hurts my brain, im desperatly searching for the bait but I just cant find it.

natty brosplits are retarded. do PPL or something.

strength will result in mass unless you outright neglect upper body besides a few sets a week of bench and OHP.

the guy who can do 3x5 pull ups with 30kg attached pretty much always looks better than the 'bodybuilder' dyel supersetting pulldowns and rows.

get strong, do it right and you'll see good gains. then go on 5/3/1 or something and you'll look better than anyone on a brosplit could ever hope to.

This is all I do and I make faster progress than any other noobs I see in the gym by using progressive overload

>A
>Overhead Press 3x5
>Deadlift 3x5
>Curl 3x5-8
>Band Facepull 3xF
>Dips 2xF

>B
>Bench 3x5
>Squat 3x5
>Pullup 3x5-8
>Band Facepull 3xF
>Dips 2xF

>just because chads that were already jacked before they started lifting
Haha, that's the argument you're going with, mr. fortune teller? baka how fucking sad.

>none of us have the time or work capacity to actually overtrain
What washed up internet lifter comes up with all this bullshit?

Wanna overtrain? You can do that easily. Do 500 pushups in how many sets it takes for you. Repeat daily. Come back to me after a month and tell me you're not overtrained.

Nubret never went over 225 lbs on bench. Other weights were also low. Just like with everyone else at the time. Watch Pumping Iron, the weights are fucking lightweight.

Big legs = feminine proportions. It's for fags and took on a life of his own.

Think about it, this whole pwoerbuilding movement is gay as fuck:
Bench for titties
Squats for dem thighs
Diddlies for dat ass
+ higher bodyfat to become soft to the touch.

Why are you turning yourselves into women, FFS?

>Watch Pumping Iron

Watched
youtube.com/watch?v=7hnPwR3QcCU