Gym

What's a good gym to join if you actually want to get shit done? I wanna go from skinny weak fucboi to shredded. I've heard terrible stories about pic related. Is it really just for fat people who want to be able to say "I go to a gym" to feel good about themselves? What about Gold's? Is that any good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=umFtq_GOyxo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Falling for "le planet fitness is terrible maymay"

LOL. Bro, Planet fitness is the shit. You get toned up and have fun while doing it. What's terrible about that? Nothing, the answer's nothing.

You don't go to a gym to judge the quality and and environment, you go to a gym to get your shit done.

Despite what anybody on Veeky Forums will tell you, you can definitely make good gains at planet fitness.

Pic related is me after a year there. I'll admit it sucks that you can't deadlift or Squat without Smith machines, and I'm going to have to find a new gym after the new year because the weights are too low. But it's not bad for a beginner

All you do at a gym is pick up and put down heavy things
Stop making excuses for why you've not already started
It doesn't need an ambience or style

Barbells are for retards
SS/SL etc are for retards
Notice how Chad only does light weights high reps on machines the gym? He works out harder and for more reps than everyone else though and so has a better body than every single person who's done SS/SL.

Planet fitness is fine

quit your bitching and join the closest gym to your house/job so you don't get discouraged like a little pussy after joining a gym halfway across the country then you can switch after you get used to lifting

>to judge the quality
what the fuck? Never listen to this man, OP
Planet fitness is fine, good to start

Go to a quiet local gym. The chain ones are always packed with idiots who never put their stuff away

Even though PF is a shitty excuse for a "gym", you can still get a good workout there with dumbbells. Every barbell has a dumbbell equivelent in function. And when you are able to use the heaviest dumbbells there, there are hundreds of exercises to make it harder.

Example? Romanian deadlifts. Instead of barbell squats, try bulgarian split squat, goblet squat or shrimp squat.

More like a good waste of money

im doing SS because i want to be STRONK
but i guess that makes me a retard because you said im a retard
>durr durr hurrrr

Planet fitness wont get you anywhere.

>decent gains
>posts that pic

Except this is wrong. You think every chad isn't a bench bro?

Wrong. I'm running a calorie deficit while doing a dumbbell program and cardio at PF, and have lost 40 pounds since August 22nd.

At $10/month and no contact, there is no reason not to start there before transitioning to a different gym once you're past the beginner stage.

Except at most planet fitnesses the dumbbells only go up to like 50 lbs. Sad.

I joined planet fitness, and for the first 6 months it was good enough. It helped me figure some shit out about what worked and what didn't work for me. Ultimately I changed gyms because my planet fitness didn't have freeweights. They had preset bars only up to 80 and smith machines for the rest.

I never realized how much the smith machines were holding me back until I switched. Gains came much easier with freeweights.

Just don't grunt or drop the weights otherwise the Lunk Alarm will start blaring.

youtube.com/watch?v=umFtq_GOyxo

>An alarm sounds when you grunt or drop a weight

For what purpose?

The Lunk Alarm is there so the fatties and DYEL's won't feel so bad.

Retard, 10 dollars a month has a contract. It's 15 dollars a month without.

In my town, LA Fitness. They are a dogshit company with horrible business practices and terrible customer service, but the facilities themselves are top notch and I get better workouts there.

> plenty of equipment that's in good condition, I rarely have to wait for anything except squat racks.

> attractive clientele, it's motivating to see others in shape working out, nice looking women around tends to motivate me to do a few more trips.

The anytime fitness nearby is too small with barely any benches

Planet fitness usually too crowded, shitty color scheme, light dumbbells, too far from my house.

>being mad that your body isn't aesthetic

Why no OHP? I would think it's not intimidating since you can't do too much weight.

I started about the same time as you but I go to a real gym, I've lost 60lbs and I squat 3pl8

Why are you so mad? They're franchises, and different locations have different deals. Mine doesn't require a contract and only charges me $10 per month.

Don't get butthurt because you made an absolute statement and someone proved you wrong with a single counterexample on a Tibetan cross-stitching forum.

Congrats on the weight loss and lifting gains. Truly. I think that's awesome.

Even though my progress is slower, even if our body types were identical to start with, I'd still be happy with my progress, especially since I'm paying literally 33 cents a day for a gym.

Home master race reporting in.

You plebs fell the monthly payment Jew.

Im in huntington beach and the one in fountain valley both lack any areas to do deadlifts and bb rows and other bb exercises that don't need a rack. I always end up spending most of my time hogging the squat rack because there is no where to deadlift or do rows and i always feel bad about it