So, holding breath increases HGH

dragondoor.com/articles/power-breathing-and-growth-hormone/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3100467

Other urls found in this thread:

adamcap.com/2013/11/29/nose-knows-case-nasal-breathing-high-intensity-exercise/
sci-hub.io/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What the fuck, gonna be holding my breath a lot then.

I'm hyperventilating like a retard in lecture right now but I'm sick of being a manlet

>tfw you lost the chance to do this shit while you were growing up

>mfw I hold my breath while sleeping

My body subconsciously wants to grow by itself

At 18 years old I can still jump on the hgh train r-right guys?

Maybe, don't waste time and do it. Regardless of this, HGH is even more potent than Testosterone in increasing muscle mass and lowering body fat, so everyone in this board can benefit from this.

SO LONG, AIR!

NBA HERE I COME!

y sure

but how much is the increase?

its probably minimal.

and wouldnt you get the same thing from getting out of breath from cardio ?

From 1.5 to 5.5. That's a significant increase.

>and wouldnt you get the same thing from getting out of breath from cardio ?

I suppose, but this is exercise free.

Read the links, it has to do with blood acidity going up during breath holding from CO2

>blood acidity

So, would going Keto increase HGH too then?

what does this do for people past 25 ?

Im three months into being 20

Im still okay right?

Id suggest doing vacuums while holding your breath. Double the gains. Or pumping vacuums, pushing hard out and pulling hard in.

Can be done anywhere

It's not a healthy thing though, didnt have time to read well but it's probably not the same as having long term high ph blood. It could work I guess

what, so do I just keep alternating between holding my breath and breathing really hard like an autist throughout the day?

Bomp

This, can someone elaborate? Or do we do holding breath sessions like once a day?

yes, in fact, you could also mew while you do it (read up on Mike mew for jaw gainz) since if you mew completely (above 70% of the tongue pushing on the palate) you can block your airway so maybe if you use those two you can change your breathing pattern along with tongue posture and proper swallowing and get a better jaw + hgh
sounds like DUDE BROSCIENCE LMAO shit but I have nothing to lose lol I'm gonna try dis shit

Is this a meme? What's with this HGH shit?

Who is: "The Iceman"?

and

How: are you autists so far behind?

I've been doing this for 3 years now combined with ice baths. Past the first week (I'm pretty sure I pushed it wayyyy too hard with ice baths and got the flu from the amount of stress) I have not been in ill health ONCE.

Feels good tbqh famalams.

I only do the breathing when I'm in bed at night, the last few minutes i'm in the shower (soap up, rinse off, brush my teeth, rinse my mouth) and when I'm taking an ice bath.

Ice baths usually last 15-20 minutes. Never more than 25.

Just turned 18 yesterday

Is it too late ?

You're on Veeky Forums, so yes.

Nah bro, men still grow until 20 on average. Not a lot though.

But it means that our Epiphyseal plates haven't closed yet and there is still a change to grow.

Judging from the published article I'd say that Experiment III was the most effective.

"Experiment III consisted of a combination of hyperventilation immediately followed by maximal voluntary breath-holding"

After the age of ~20, HGH will not increase your height, but only increase muscle mass. It is because the Epiphyseal plates have closed so the limb bones are locked in place and will not grow anymore. The side effect of HGH is growing cartilage (ears, nose, hands/feet).

t. 18 year old pro-biologist

So did you notice any results?

>Now you know

wouldnt the same shit come from exercise as well?

as in you breath heavy when you exercise or between sets?

are you just replicating physical activity, and tricking the body?

Cardio, yes but otherwise it's not really an aerobic process.

I freedive for abalone and fish... noticed lifting has really increased my finning power and breath hold duration will be cool if it works the other way too

Who /noair/ here?

Huh. I used to subconsciously do this all the time as a kid. I'm 6'4" now, maybe that's linked.

hold breath routine when?

Yeah but they say you're raising your cortisol too so it ain't all good.

Are you telling me ice baths Increase HGH ?

OP cites an some random article from 30 years ago, yet you retards still eat this shit up
>mf

You're not supposed to do it all the time and I'm pretty sure if you do actual deep breaths where you still hold your breath it would make no difference in your cortisol I think.
>not wanting to experiment for something so petty
Why?

bump

>mfw swam a lot in primary and high school
>competed with buddies on who could hold their breath for the longest time
>mfw 6'5

could be something to it

Ok guys a friend of mine is 5'8" or 5'9" at 17 years old. Will doing these breathing techniques help him grow?

udnerrated

>mfw I've done this all my life
>I'm 6'5
Is this shit legit?

Would raising blood acidity have any negative effects?

homer simpson confirmed manlet hater

Why is everyone mentioning age? I thought HGH still worked to some degree after you finished growing otherwise why would powerlifters take it as a steroid

Stop breathing, you guys, you'll get swolle.

holy shit me too

Holy fuck, how poorly educated are you?

manlets

they finally learned

its probably height thats why they mention age

nah you'll be like a xenomorph or some shit, it'll be cool

adamcap.com/2013/11/29/nose-knows-case-nasal-breathing-high-intensity-exercise/

It seems to me that all of this is tied to how quickly the body restores normal pH during exercise and how big changes to pH were in the first place ie. the intensity of exercise.
The reason why we breathe through the mouth during all out effort is because it allows easier removal of CO2 (not because we lack O2) which brings pH to normal values faster than it would be through the nose (larger volume of air in and out). If we force nasal breathing even in high intensity i'm guessing you'll get similar hormonal response to OP's study ie. body stays acidic for longer time which is a potent stimulus for HGH secretion.
Also, it allows better oxygenation and blood flow to the muscles as per Bohr effect.

Go to sci-hub.io/ and type 3100467 if you want to read OP's study without splashing out some shekels.

shut the fuck up lol

I literally never breath and im like 8 feet tall lmao, its legit bros

Probabaly not - your body will produce more bicarbonate chronically to mediate the acidic ketone bodies and your pH will remain at normal physiological levels.

Less likely to do this with acute CO2 increases if you're breath holding every day or 2.

bumpo

>implying

Anabolic hormones are not indicative of muscle protein synthesis

bemp

This is like a fucking cheat code for manlets

Don't spread this. Let them suffer

t. soon ex-manlet

Careful, since being such a prick your growth plates might close earlier than expected.

This is not a meme, it's basic buteyko exercise.

I was merely jesting Kek, please gib height, I won't do it again

Looks promising but don't hold your breath.

I c wat u did der

BIG

Here brah

>mfw I see people breathing

Im 18 and I want to gain a couple more inches before I turn 20. I have manlet friends that could really use this knowledge since they are 5'5" and shit but im just gonna keep it to myself. Why let normies have all the fun?

Wouldnt doing this kill brain cells since your brain wont be getting any oxygen?

Its called sleep apnea you retard, and its a risk factor for all sorts of problems, get it checked out.

the fact you still have hope

Only if you hold your breath for nine minutes at a time. I wouldn't advise doing that though. It's a really long time to not breathe.

Can i make it a habit and just hold my breath whenever i can or should i limit it? Any ideas?

lmfao only on Veeky Forums

I can just imagine the headlines:

Bodybuilders across the nation dropping dead of cardiac arrhythmias. A new "hight-gain" regimen suspected.

Can confirm.

I breathe but I only ever breathe in and am touching 8'

I heard if you do a super set of breath holds until failure you get a gf

Lel this is actually the farthest thing from the truth

Ask anyone who's actually done roids and gh

get to breathin my guy

bump

That's interesting. Do know if you guys know Wim Hof (the ice man) but he recommended doing shit like that.

Isn't that dangerous though? I recall reading somewhere that some divers used hyperventilation to decrease the amount of CO2 in their lungs, so they could hold their breath longer, because the uncomfortable feeling associated with holding your breath is caused by CO2 levels increasing in your lung, however it increases the risk of fainting. I mean I guess you wouldn't die if you fainted in your room, but it wouldn't be good for your body either.

Homer was actually a good father, he wanted to save his son from the manlet life.

kekd and checkd

b

Are you trying to trick us into meditating, op?

>takes icebaths
>calls others autist
Top kek

Is this why blacks are tall? Because their noses are so flat they cant breathe properly?

Are they really?

I've been smoking packs of cigarettes lately and started two years ago. I chainsmoke too. Lately my weight is dropping so easily. I can put on muscle fast. Im always calm.

My body requires a very low amount of oxygen to run correctly. I used to experiment as a kid by only taking in so much air. After a couple minutes it's all you need.

This is probably why.

>tfw stopped growing at 16 at 5'8"

not sure if everyone here is trolling or retarded

so is there like 30min breathing exercise or should i do it throughout my day?

You know what's bad for my body? Six years of celibacy u gains goblin dildo, I'd pass out a hundred times right at work if that's what it takes to make it and pull six plates.