Why aren't you cooking once a week?

Why aren't you cooking once a week?

Because chicken tastes like ass a day after.

Because I'm cooking everyday.

>not getting a 55 gallon pot from a restaurant supply warehouse and preparing 6mo of food at a time

this
/thread

sounds like a meme to me

Because I'm not autistic

Because cooking is fun you fucking faggot, why not enjoy it every day?

anybody have some good chicken breast recepies? looking to try something new and delicious.

Because I have time to cook daily.

put it in a pan

I eat only fresh food

Because who the fuck eats food that's 6 days old

Just improvise breh. I have at least 10 different ways of making juicy chicken breast and I didn't get a single one from internets

how do i cook food

holy shit please be a woman because if youre a guy then you must be the biggest faggot alive

who /insantpot/ here?

the ultimate lazy machine, why not '''cook''' every day?

this

im not African

this, chicken literally goes with anything. it's a pretty bland meat by itself compared to pork or beef. Right now i like to alternate between chipotle chicken, spicy brown mustard chicken, sweet n sour chicken, sweet soy chicken, and a few others

It's the easiest thing ever, know of a savory condiment/sauce/dressing that tastes good? mix it with your raw chicken and boom done, I've been doing this since i tried adding just yellow mustard to my chicken once and it tasting 10000x times better than the regular salt n pepper mix

Just brine your chicken dude. Mine stays good and juicy for a week.

The real reason why i don't do it, it's because in my current situation i actually have time to cook all of my meals, and regardless of what anyone says, it's much better for the tummy and the mind to spend 15-20 mins cooking a warm meal using fresh ingredients and eating it right away.

However, i think back to the time i worked in an office for 2 years and literally ate frozen pizzas from the vending machine almost everyday because my breaks were only 20 mins and i had to wake up at 5am to go to work

So, unless you can't find the time to cook everyday, sure go for it.

Cooked or raw? as long as you keep your chicken in an closed container it shouldn't acquire any flavors from your fridge and 2-3 minutes in the microwave is enough to heat it up (you can use the oven if you're that desperate for taste)

Frozen chicken last for a good while, i lay the breasts flat on a tray so i can cook them right away when i need them without having to thaw them, i buy it in big batches (up to 5kg) at a time, it's cheaper that way so i definitely have to keep them on the freezer

every time i do meal prep it just tastes bad reheated. it loses all texture and flavor.

Diet is a massive part of being healty and working out so why not learn and enjoy it?
The only faggot here is you, faggot

You're a fucking joke, dude.

As said it goes with anything. But a specific example I enjoy is Rosemary and Paprika

> Being this lazy

Lay down a Veeky Forums as fuck soup for me.

>Frozen chicken last for a good while, i lay the breasts flat on a tray so i can cook them right away
man, you need to defrost them in warm water first

I just put this on and fill it with oats. I can last three full days this way

I always put them in the frigde the day before. Doesn't the meat get a wierd texture if you put it in warm water? Do you take the wrap of first?

I make all my lunches once a week and cook dinner every night.

this, tbqfh famalamadingdong

>you need to defrost them in cold water first
ftfy

1 tbl honey
1 tbl chili garlic
few drops of lemon juice
small squeeze of ketchup, just to get it all to mix

>implying modern women know how to cook

Hell yes dude. So awesome

And that's why all the top chefs are women. Oh wait...

olive oil, in

Chicken and quinoa, fucking lit.

Bake chicken with whatever kind of chicken seasoning. Idgaf about a little sodium.

Cook quinoa with garlic. Add a little olive oil, tumeric, ground bay leaf, and red chili powder.

Shit's so goddamn good.

I meant cumin not tumeric

Oh man you guys it's so important that you use cumin and not tumeric

>basing someone's sexuality on anything but the genitals they want in or around their mouth
You're gonna go far kid

Because my mom cooks me every day different food and shes a great cook

I'm a mixture between both. I cooked every day for the last 15+ years but I tried mealprep a good few months ago and occasionally make food for a couple of weeks in advance now

Meal Prep Pros:
>Easy to figure out what you're eating and keep your macros great
>Promotes regularity
>Cheaper
>Saves time
>Less dishes to wash
>Good way to use up shit in the cupboards and get more variety

Cons:
>Unless you make 3+ meals it can get boring eating the same two or 3 foods throughout the week
>Not everything keeps well

I'm now playing around with freezing meals for 1 month WITHOUT veg and just buying and cooking veg with every meal since it only takes a few minutes

I cycle 6 different and delicious crock pot dishes every 3 days.

>Mexican chili with white beans, ground turkey, and jalapeño chicken sausage
>Beef and vegetables stew with rice
>Beef and shrimp yakisoba
>chicken and shrimp gumbo
>This Indian chicken and spinach curry type dish
>chicken and dumplings

I alternate oatmeal with mixed berries and an apple and eggs with spinach, turkey, and cheddar cheese each morning for breakfast each morning and I have a giant mixed greens salad every night with my dinner.

bbq cider chicken

chop up your chicken breast, put in a frying pan with half water and half cider, add malt vinegar, pepper, diced onion, sieved tomatoes, lemon juice and soy sauce and simmer until it achieves a warm honey type consistency then serve over rice

you have time to shitpost daily don't you?

I have a few combinations which I vary throughout the weeks (I cook for +-3 days, because that is cheapest for me, I could cook every day).

>Chickensaladwraps
Chicken (600 gr), add oil. Cook till done, then add a shitload of spices (garlic, paprika powder, pepper) and bake them "in the chicken".
Mix lettuce + tomato + cucumbur + union in a bowl
Adds to 780 kcal per two wraps (390 per wrap)

>Chickenroti
Chicken (600 gr), add oil. Cook till done, cut 500gr of potato in small pieces. Bake untill the potatoes are done. Then add a shitload of spices (garlic, paprika powder, pepper) and bake them "in the chicken & potatoes". Next add union and brocoli (2 large stems + leaves), and bake until theyre done.
I eat this in 2 portions = 895 kcal per meal

>Red lentils with chicken (stew).
Put on water to boil, add 100gr of dry lenils. Add a broth cube. Also add 3 tomatoes later on. Make sure you don't put in too much water, because then you have less tasty lentils (theyre too watery)
Chicken (600 gr), add oil. Cook till done, then add a shitload of spices (garlic, paprika powder, pepper) and bake them "in the chicken".
Then boil 3 eggs in water.
When done, add lentils to the chicken. Now cut up 2 leeks, and 500gr of mushrooms. Add them + the eggs to the lentil/chicken stew, and eat when you think the leek n shrooms are done.

If you consume it in three portions it adds to 645 kcal per portion

All of this is bretty cheap in my country, because im a poorfag student. This was the healthiest/tastiest I could come up with.

> cook!? nay, that is the domain of womenfolk! Gentlemen of such masculine persuasions as myself are far too busy shitposting 'pon a Tajikistani fishing-boat maintenance and repair forum to be occupied with the preparation of victuals!
> now, if you'll excuse me, I must ingest one gallon of milk ere twilight.

You going to share those recipes or what?

Which ones you want senpai?

all of them if you wouldn't mind

On my phone at work right now. If the thread is still up in ~3 when I get home I'll post them all babe. If not I'll post it in a QTDDTOT :)

thanks man

i kind of want to see them as well fampai
pls don't disappoint

What do I cook? Where do I find nice meal plans?

No matter the question, the answer is always Veeky Forums

I'm bored as shit and so I'm just gonna do this one at a time.

Mexican Chili:

>1.5lbs of white / navy beans
>1lb of lean ground turkey
>1lb of jalapeño chicken sausage
(I get it from a local butcher in bulk, but you should be able to find something comparable at a local grocery)
>2 yellow onions, diced
>1 green bell pepper, diced
>1 poblano pepper, diced
>2 cups water
>1 clove garlic, diced

Spices:
If you want to be lazy you can just buy a packet of McCormick chicken fajita seasoning and dump it in...but if not:
>1tsp black pepper
>1tbsp sea salt
>1tbsp Mexican chili powder
>1/2tsp cumin
>1/2tsp coriander

Mix together in crock pot, high for 4 hours, low for 7ish.

I usually mix in a handful of fresh raw red cabbage when I serve it. It's great

Pls m8, post recipe, I'll promise to cook all of them and make an infografic. Im fucking tired of eating these pre cooked $2 garbage

Beef and Vegetable stew with Rice:

>2lbs Beef tips
>1lb golden potatoes, cubed
>2 large carrots, diced
>3 celery stalks, diced
>1 yellow onion, diced
>1 green bell pepper, diced
>2 garlic cloves, diced

Spices:
>2tbsp black pepper
>1tbsp sea salt
>2tbsp ground parsley
>1tbsp crushed red paper
>2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
>2 tbsp dijon mustard

Rice is cooked separately, don't put in crock pot it will turned to mush. 8 hours on low is the way you wanna go with this one. You want the beef to melt melt in your mouth.

I prep my work lunches mostly but cook brekky and din din every day. This week it was salmon, avocado, and mixed greens with a ponzu wasabi sesame dressing. I'm cutting rn.

Thanks user, I've got these ones so far. Post more, eventually I'll cook it them and post pics in a week+

I should give this a try. I pretty much live off of chicken and vegetable soup, which has been a great cutting staple so far.

>1 whole chicken, baked and meat stripped
>1 head of cabbage, chopped to desired consistency
>1 onion, chopped to desired consistency
>1 bulb of garlic, peeled and minced
>4-6 button mushrooms, chopped
>4 jalapenos or habaneros, chopped
>5 pints water

Spices:
>Salt to taste
>Black pepper
>Red Pepper

This is the cutting iteration. For bulk/maintenance, I'll add rice. It suffices as
the single daily meal during cutting season, lasts for 2 days, and is dirt cheap to make.

cheers m8. Need to get more use out of my crock pot so i'll give these a try.

Because I'm not a disgusting plebian who eats rancid food.

who /only eat chicken breast on a cut/ here?

Im clean bulking and always have a .5-1 lbs of lean beef, pork tenderloin, or salmon erry night. Honestly chicken is overrated on a bulk and only really necessary for cutting.

Crockpotted a pork loin today, actually

This. My qt gf is garbage in the kitchen

what are you going to do about it

Nothing. Why teach her to cook? If I'm not the one making the meals and portioning everything, then she'll make herself fat.

If you cooking for her is all that's stopping her from blowing up like a balloon, then she's already fat; gaining the weight is just a formality. You need to train her to be more disciplined, or she'll turn into a hambeast the second you let your grip slacken.
Or maybe you should just start over with a woman who isn't so fundamentally shit.

>Or maybe you should just start over with a woman who isn't so fundamentally shit.

That's effort

I enjoy the act of cooking itself, and only cook for myself, so it doesn't bother me to cook a few times a week. Once you get a routine going you always have leftovers and you don't have to prep and cook more than one or two things a night to keep it fresh.

That said, here's something simple and tasty.
Pollo Deshabrado (Shredded Chicken for tacos)
2 lbs chicken breast on the bone
1 14 ounce can diced tomatoes or a pound of whole
2 small onions or one large
5 jalapenos or 6 serranos, seeds reserved depending on how hot you want it.

Submerge the chicken in boiling stock, bring to a simmer for ~25-35 minutes. Slice onions and peppers, remove seeds and add back depending on how much heat you want. Get a pan big enough to hold everything. Saute onions on medium in a Tbsp neutral oil with a big pinch salt (Canola, safflower, sunflower) ~ 5 minutes till just turning translucent, add peppers and continue to saute while your chicken cooks. Cook until onions and pepper start to brown, moving constantly. When chicken is done, cool in stock, remove, and shred. Add shredded chicken, tomatoes, and a cup of stock to pan. Simmer until liquid is mostly absorbed and everything's shiny. Eat on tortillas, or over beans and rice.

Just wanted to say I made this recently and it was fucking delicious, thanks user. I used seasoned crushed tomatoes instead of tomato sauce tho

Also I added up everything and it only came out to about 4500kcals for the entire pot for me, not sure how he got 6000 unless he used a shitload of oil or way more sausage

can confirm.

girls love eating a good meal, and you cooking for her is a subtle signal to her subconscious that you are a man capable of taking care of yourself first of all, but also of her and possibly of her future daughters and sons.

You, sir, you are a faggot. As a grown up man you should be able to have a decent meal by yourself without having to spend money on take-out or eating shit.

Grow up.

Kek

Miring the shopping basket

Thanks user I was considering making this and I was skeptical but I'm definitely gonna make 6 days worth

Sometimes I cook enough food for two days, but to be honest I kinda enjoy the routine of chopping my veggies and prepping my chicken every night after work. Relaxes me for some reason.

I batch cook the meat and sauce in huge portions, then freeze individual portions of it. Whenever I gotta eat, I microwave that shit, cook up some fresh rice/pasta or whatever i want to have with it and off I go. Makes eating to my macros a lot easier since I'm a lazy fuck - why get takeout when I've got a baller thai green curry ready in 5 minutes for example.

I count the macros of the entire meal then divide by number of portions to keep track of it too. Currently have a thai curry, a chicken chorizo and blackpudding stew, and a peanut butter chicken curry all sitting in my freezer.

Also keep frozen fillets of salmon - easy meal is:
>Boil rice, cook salmon in oven with a little olive oil and butter.
>Add frozen veggies to rice once its ready, cook for another 3 mins.
>Once salmon is ready, drain the rice/veggies and add salmon to single pot.
>Add butter and soy sauce, stir vigorously.
>Season and eat.

Fucking delicious and so easy.

cause my pots & pans aren't really big enough

Making food for 2 days is already a struggle, if I wanted to make food for a week, I'd have to do each part of the dish at least like 3-4 times. Fry 4 pans of chicken, ...

That's just annoying

>microwave

Congrats on nuking away the protein and other nutrients.

Never microwave anything you wish to gain nutrition from.

>Why aren't you cooking once a week?
I hate meal prepping and being inflexible as a result of it. When there's cake in the office or someone offers me a snack I'd like to eat, I won't decline when it fits my macros. I still want to be able to indulge and eat foods that I enjoy, without sacrificing my gains. The only thing I do prepare is lunch because I don't like spending 4x the amount of money on take out or restaurant food that doesn't even taste better then what I can prepare myself.

That's not how microwaves work.

Being this NEET

The only food I prepared for other people and that I actually received compliments for was fried rice and various sweets.
>tfw only good tasting food I can make is unhealthy as shit

Where can I get the receipt for the top left picture?

Because I cook twice a week.

Because week old food tastes like death

I worked as a chef for 10 years.
I don't like to keep food in the fridge.

> adding an entire table of honey

enjoy your diabetes

It is actually.

Enjoy fewer gains.

Don't defrost in warm water it's a huge contamination hazard

How do you keep your food fresh for 6 days? I always cook for two or three days max because I fear it may go bad after that.

>lack of storage space
>can't really afford to cook anything but the most rudimentary meals
>rudimentary meals don't demand much effort anyway

beacuase I don't know the rules of when something is safe to eat and when it's going to kill me based on time in the fridge