Other urls found in this thread:

worldwatch.org/files/pdf/Livestock and Climate Change.pdf
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/07/vegetarianism-and-veganism-best.html
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/07/vegetarianism-and-veganism-are-as.html
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/09/soy-is-devil-and-not-in-fun-way.html
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/09/soy-is-devil-and-not-in-fun-way-22-12.html
anabolicmen.com/fats-and-testosterone/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why are you going vegan? Is it a moral choice or a health choice?

>Convince me not to
Why? It's the only logical choice tbqh

t. lifelong omnivore soon to be vegan

The only reason I don't also go vegan is because i've been trolled into thinking soy causes mantits because of too much time of Veeky Forums. How'd you overcome your personal ideological hangups?

I'm prolly not gonna eat much soy. Actually, I'm going to keep eating eggs for a while. It's cheap protein, and doesn't come with the same downsides as milk

I reckon you're just not really looking for information to help you make a decision, but rather just virtue signalling. When people post threads saying "convince me not to do this thing", I always think, Why? You're the one that has apparently made the decision to do it. Why do I give a fuck if you go through with your decision or not? If you want to be a normal person and have a discussion like, "Is x thing really a good idea? Whats your opinion on it?" then fine, do that - but lets stop this "I Swear To God I'll Do It Don't Make Me Do It" bullshit

Health choice but also a bit of morality involved. When you really think about it the meat industry as well as dairy industry is absolute shit. One thing is holding me back. I cant take whey protein , it makes me sick to my stomach. I also cant do most dessert flavors of any kind of protein powder. I know isopure low carb has a juice one..do any vegan alternatives exist?

Youre not worth the time. Fuck you.

i'm an omnivore who cheats with shit food who was previously vegan, veggie, and tbqh it's fine just eat right

>He thinks he can make gains by eating plants
Good luck fag

Op never said anything about "making gains". Op could literally be involved in any sport. You made a stupid assumption.

>implying Veeky Forums is really about fitness
>implying this isn't just the bodybuilding board now

>implying people still care what you have to say.

>implying I implied that anyone cared what I have to say
>implying you didn't reply to my first comment because you cared what I said
>implying you won't reply to this one

Not other poster but..I don't care either. You don't have to be a dickhead because you were relentlessly bullied in high school

no one cares.

veganism only makes people healthier/lose weight if the person did not care about his diet at all before going vegan.

left-wing politicians are hardcore using veganism to gain voters (green party funded a documentary to make people think that the milk and meat industry were responsible for 51% of greenhouse gas emissions - when the U.N. says it's 19%, the EPA says it's 9%)

you'll be that faggot forcing his friends to accommodate his faggoty trends

>i-I don't care
>still replying
Get a clue

(i meant the UK's green party, btw)

Do it it if you want haha if it works it works.

Why should we? It's your choice if you want to lose your gainz (if any). Do whatever, fag.

The milk you drink has far more estrogen than and soy products you will ingest.

CHOLESTEROL = EGGS = ENJOY YOUR HEART ATTACK

Does anyone know any good vegan protein powders that are similar to the isopure juice proteins?

>Does anyone know any good vegan protein powders that are similar to the isopure juice proteins?
>any good vegan protein powders
>vegan protein
>vegan

this is actually a thing. Fuck off pleb

Good on you, OP. The worst thing about being vegan is dealing with meat tards hillbillies giving you shit.

>actually a thing

I like your pictures but you are atistic

>but you are atistic
Missed an "r"

>bodybuilding board
>only real advice is to do a heavy compound based routine and drink a gallon of milk a day
>bodybuilding board
>no curls train like an off season football player
>bodybuilding board
>bodybuilding

>
left-wing politicians are hardcore using veganism to gain voters (green party funded a documentary to make people think that the milk and meat industry were responsible for 51% of greenhouse gas emissions - when the U.N. says it's 19%, the EPA says it's 9%)

That seems to be based on a report where they looked at things in more detail and added in the contribution of other things like land use and the respiration of the animals to the total burden of animal agriculture, rather than counting them as separate things and only looking at the base effect

worldwatch.org/files/pdf/Livestock and Climate Change.pdf

The estrogen in milk is negligible. Lol. Whey and casein are superior proteins to soy. Hands down.

The amount of cholesterol raised by eatings eggs is non-linear. Similar to a function with a radical.

>That seems to be based on a report where they looked at things in more detail and added in the contribution of other things like land use and the respiration of the animals to the total burden of animal agriculture, rather than counting them as separate things and only looking at the base effect

They made the most ridiculous assumptions they could think of.

>H-hey guys, maybe if that land would not be used to feed cows, someone would magically finance using that land to produce the most energy-efficient biomass fuel that exists!

Fuck off, the two guys that made that paper would not have graduated doing research like that in college.

>ITT: Fucktards that don't know the difference between phytoestrogen and mammalianestrogen

Soy is in literally everything nowadays.

Enjoy your jaundice.

Stop. Don't. Come back.

who hurt you?

Enjoy having micro deficiencies faggot

Do it. I went vegan three years ago and I've been hitting my goals at the same rate, my blood tests are perfect (seriously, if you're vegan get it checked occasionally), it fixed some other issues I had which I now realize were due to lactose intolerance, and i eat a lot healthier. When you're vegan you can get your protein, vitamins and omega 3s completely isolated from cholesterol and extra fats.

Just make sure you have enough:
>soy free protein (lentils, wheat protein, nuts, seeds, beans etc)
>b12 (get vitamin supplements, nutritional yeast, stuff like that)
>iron (spinach, all the same protein stuff, supplements)
And you're basically set. You can eat a lot more since calories are less dense in plant based food, so it's easier to not worry about cuts, but you will have to get a taste for a lot of new foods. Some find this fun, but it was tough for me at first.

sounds expensive too

If you don't eat meat then you're literally a faggot who does not realize that the inferior exist for the superior.

Plants want to live. Sure, they can't move around like animals but they make choices where and how to grow and try their best to survive. Plants suffer too, just because they don't squeal doesn't mean they don't. If you want to be logically consistent, you should just eat nothing and starve to death.

Or, maybe, stop being a fucking pussy and realise that every living thing exists to dominate and consume other living things, to build something greater. Do you want to be a beast who absorbs the strength of other creatures, or a little sissy cuck who cries about it?

>Im going Vegan
Don't.
>Convince me not to.
It's retarded and you're just jumping on a meme diet bandwagon. It's not better for you and it doesn't make you a better person than people who eat meat
There is nothing inherently moral or immoral about eating animal products.
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/07/vegetarianism-and-veganism-best.html
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/07/vegetarianism-and-veganism-are-as.html
>is because i've been trolled into thinking soy causes mantits
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/09/soy-is-devil-and-not-in-fun-way.html
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2010/09/soy-is-devil-and-not-in-fun-way-22-12.html
>The milk you drink has far more estrogen than and soy products you will ingest.
Soy products have more and for milk to give you and negative effects you would have to be on some sort of super GOMAD and drink alot of the stuff
>CHOLESTEROL = EGGS = ENJOY YOUR HEART ATTACK
That's been repeatedly debunked, Eggs/animal fats/Saturated fats aren't the devil
>anabolicmen.com/fats-and-testosterone/

Ok, OP. Your brain and hormones are made out of fat and cholesterol. When you cut these out, you lose the things your brain and bod want most and replace it with pseudo food. Do it if you want, but it's just as easy to eat meat ethically (free life non abused)

> good advice in a vegan thread

Am I hallucinating

I don't know; don't you like food?

A big reason I'm not vegan is because I actually love food. How am I supposed to host an eight-course à la russe meal if I can't even have a nice camembert or gruyère? What sort of decent human being serves a plat principal with no meat? No café Liégeois? Not even chicken? Or ham? Or fish?

Sushi is not something I want to go my entire life without.

There's just so much wonderful food in the world that you'd be cutting yourself off from if you're vegan. I mean, the things I listed are some of the reasons I personally am not a vegan, so you might be different. Still, if you have moral hangups about the food industries, you could still eat meat and just try to be more conscious about how it's sourced.

This guy gets it.

Underrated post.

If for moral reasons, good for you.

If for health reasons, why?

If you can't argue against veganism without resorting to pseudoscience it's pretty sad.

Veganism is very susceptible to postmodern deconstruction

This right here

No it doesn't. Dried beans and lentils are cheaper than your mom.

If you're worried about animal welfare in factory farming you could always budget for and buy more ethically raised products. I get grass-fed beef, free range eggs, and dairy products from small farms at my local farmers market. I also buy all my vegetables there. If you think the fruits and vegetables bought in a grocery store are somehow more moral than the factory farms then I'm gonna burst your bubble. They are from factory farming operations too, they treat their labor like shit, they use extensive petro chemicals, and transport products from distant lands all leading to higher rates of pollution.
>inb4 it's too expensive
I get it. I supplement my shopping at the grocery store too. It's just too convenient not to and our food infrastructure isn't especially, ironically, in distant rural areas where I live. It bothers me though that ppl think that vegetables are farmed ethically just because they are veggies or that vegan processed food isn't as much of junk food as other junk food.

>If you can't argue against veganism without resorting to pseudoscience
>Real science is pseudoscience
>it's pretty sad.
Like how it's sad veganism's largely pseudoscience and only boils down to a personal and arguably unwise choice to rid your diet of some of the most nutritious and healthy food you could eat.
>Veganism is very susceptible to postmodern deconstruction
Because it's largely a giant load and a bandwagon diet

It's funnier to make vegans ass mad before you deconstruct their silly fad tho...

>good advice
If he wants to jump on a bandwagon, rid nutritious and healthy food from his diet, and waste time, money and effort, supplementing for results he could get by just simply eating that same food

Every dietary expert organization on the planet advises to restrict saturated fat and total fat. Most also advise to restrict cholesterol. So claiming that saturated fat and cholesterol are harmless is very much debunked pseudoscience that is on the level of denying anthropogenic global warming. Calling eggs and butter "healthy" goes beyond that into the realm of the absurd.

>every
Yah nah man that's a troll ass way to start a post. Eggs are good for you. Butter is necessary to certain recipes and should be used accordingly. I'm not gonna say make a butter sandwich but a bit to make a sauce ain't gonna hurt you. Also dietary cholesterol does not equal cholesterol in your body, in fact there is pretty good research that shows the hard sticky kind of cholesterol that builds up in arteries is actually generated by the body in reaction to a diet with too much sugar.

>Every dietary expert organization on the planet advises to restrict saturated fat and total fat.
Gross overgeneralization
>So claiming that saturated fat and cholesterol are harmless is very much debunked pseudoscience
Completely harmless, no. Not the unhealthy abomination they're made out to be yes.
And the studies listed within the last post here are everything but debunked pseudoscience.
>Calling eggs and butter "healthy" goes beyond that into the realm of the absurd.
They can be quite healthy for you and if you're going to continue down this line of argumentation read the anabolic men article in my comment above again

Vegetarian you dumbass. Oh wait you gonna stop eating meat?

what are you going to eat lmao

>tofu
enjoy ur estrogen lol

>beans
enjoy ur female body

>spinach
8.6kg a day to hit protein intake

eat meat you faggot

Damn, I need to get some this American style bacon. Looks so nice. Pic related is what it looks like here.

>moral reasons

So if all of a sudden 50% of the people went vegan and we wouldn't need cows anymore as example, but their space for growing veggies, what happens to the cows?

Are vegans slowly endangering domesticated animals that don't live in the wild anymore while simultaneously turning into low test cucks?

I'm assuming that you are a homosexual, based solely on the fact that you're even considering this. If so, then sure, by all means, do it.

>emissions are a bad thing

lmafuckingo

I dont give a fuck about the animals. But cattle algriculture is the nr1, man controlled, environmental issue. 1liter milk = 44 liters of water. Every sain person would choose the milk over the water. 100gr of meat = .... Im all in for growing our own meat but were not yet there. But cutting forests for cattle, their co2 production and the amount of water and food they need to grow is a big issue.

Yes the real issue is overpopulation, but this should be fixed too.

I meant choose the water over the milk. Obviously not for gains but on a global food shortage/efficiency scale.

And that's why he lost then sudoku'd like a pussy

If you raise cattle on pasture it is very sustainable as permanent pasture is a co2 sequester. Costs would go up as yields in both dairy and beef will be adversely affected BUT you can raise your beef and eat it too so to speak.
Overpopulation is a meme from like the 60s as world population growth has plateaued since the 90s. Sooo stfu

just get a goat and a chicken and treat them nicely
vegetarian master race

This is not expensive at all, I do this and it costs me $30 a week tops and I'm 6'4 215 @15%, if you want perspective for yourself

>Overpopulation is a meme from like the 60s as world population growth has plateaued since the 90s. Sooo stfu

You led with a good point but then went full retard. Overpopulation doesn't literally mean you can't fit everyone on the planet you dumb shit. It means there aren't sufficient resources to support everyone, especially if they want to have a decent middle class life.

So yeah, the planet could support 20 billion people of we all lived like a bunch of impoverished Bangladeshi beggars, but I quite enjoy my high standard of living and want to keep it. The best way to keep my quality of life is to support a sustainable consumption rate, which realistically means fewer people.

And even if population growth rates have largely plateaued, that doesn't mean the population stopped growing. It just means exponential growth stopped. Our population, and it's associated consumption, is still far too high and getting higher

its gay

> there's nothing inherently immoral about eating animal products

How about killing and enslaving sentient animals?

>That's been repeatedly debunked, Eggs/animal fats/Saturated fats aren't the devil

No it hasn't, and the link you posted doesn't even address that.

You wipe out entire biomes and murder entire species of animals so you can have a diet that slightly mimics what you would get from eating an omnivorous diet

I don't mind when meat eaters carry on eating meat because they don't care for ethics or health. But when you're ignorant to the fact that it is legitimately healthier and the ethical thing to do I can't help but think you're an absolute mongoloid

don't

Its your body why should I give a fuck

Less competition for me.

>sentient
That word doesnt mean what you think it means also youre a massive fucking hypocrite. Even that chair your fat ass is on has animal products in it.

> murder animals
no. That's literally what meat eaters do
> wipe out biomes
no. It's much more inefficient and ecologically unfriendly to produce meat
> slightly mimics an omnivorous diet
Plant based diets are healthier. Enjoy heart disease you fucking idiot

Not to mention the logistical down side of the vegan meme.
Look at what happened in Peru, their staple food, quinoa, is now too expensive for the locals to buy. Millions of pounds of the stuff is shipped out to the US on giant diesel tankers to feed the vegans.

Nope, it's the correct word. Granted we are more intelligent than animals but they are proven to feel and perceive.

You're an idiot for trying to defend a lifestyle that is inherently unethical and unhealthy

One argument would be that veganism is too extreme and unnecessary. I was too on the verge of being vegan. It was purely for moral reasons because of industrialization of meat and dairy production, impact on environment etc.

But that would be waste of your capacity as animal, throwing out omnivore advantage that cost millions of years of evolution for a bit of moral high ground. Instead, I set 2 days a week I allow myself to eat meat (poultry and fish only though) and I allow myself a 6-pack of eggs a week. I care a lot more about where my food comes from, I try to set my standards higher every year, buying local, free range, get to know farmers etc..

Im not going to fret over a steak if my boss treats me to lunch but things I can influence, I will.

>quinoa is "vegan food" for vegans to eat

Its great. I get to pretend im better than other people and other people get to call me a faggot for doing nothing for the environment other than inflating my ego.

>But that would be waste of your capacity as animal, throwing out omnivore advantage that cost millions of years of evolution for a bit of moral high ground

You have the ability to kill and eat fellow humans. Is it extreme and unnecessary to not cannibalize people? We spent millions more years as herbivores before we became omnivorous, and our omnivorous adaptations are pretty shit since they don't protect us into age old from the unhealthy aspects of meat.

cheaper, healthier, u get stronger immune system, less inflammation and disease. u get to eat varied and good food that makes u feel light and strong. and along the way u learn to make delicious real goddman homemade food and dishes to impress bitches, or healthy desserts and candy.

why not, op.

There are only so many non-soy protein sources.

Modesty is the key word.

>You have the ability to kill and eat fellow humans.
Not him but you're a fucking moron and the reason why no one likes vegans.

Canabalism is actually poisonous to humans and unsustainable you fucking idiot.

> not killing sentient beings for the sake of convenient food
> not enslaving sentient beings for the sake of convenient food
> not sacrificing the lives of sentient animals for "omnivore advantage" (aka cancer and heart disease)
> not damaging the environment for convenient muh protein

And vegans are the extreme ones? No. vegans abstain from extreme practices

You made no argument, you just said stuff. What makes it a meme diet? Maybe IIFYM is the meme diet. Who are you to be the determiner of what's moral or not?

Every other grain that isn't quinoa, every type of bean, lentil, or pea, nuts/seeds, and whatever green veggies contribute. Quinoa isn't a special food you need to eat, it's a stereotypical food.

You're still using that word wrong. Maybe get an education before using words you dont understand next time kiddo.

Vega sports performance powder
It's soy free and really tasty
A bit pricey but being vegan kinda is at times
Not vegan but I love the taste/lactose intolerant as well

Going Vego cured my acne on my face and my body.
Also lost my grandfather to a heart attack and currently losing my mother to surveer crohn's, both caused by meat. feels bad bro.

Smoothies are also based bro, pack your smoothies with kale powder and chia seed for protein in take.

also if you need exta calories or fats, eat peanut butter with quinoa cakes bro.