QTDDTOT

QTDDTOT : Questions That Dont Deserve Their Own Thread

I'm 20yo, 6'1 for 170 pounds and i calculated that i should eat around 3000kcal everyday to maintain weight. Is it too much ? Do you think i fucked up ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6-vrWrfCrwE
whfoods.com/foodstoc.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's probably about right, granted that you were honest about your activity level when calculating

Does anyone know how much protein is actually in beans? On the label it says about 6.8g of protein per 100g for black beans, but online i keep reading things like 20g. Even google says 20g

Well i work in a pretty big post-office where i have to move a lot of heavy boxes and such, so might be it ?
Thank you kind guy

I'd be tempted to say to trust the label

my scalp gets really itchy when i'm lifting/walking for a while and it gets really bad when doing yard work. it's also flaky as fuck. should i just go see a doctor or dermatologist or something?

Might be the sweat that make you do that
How often do you wash your hairs? Do you tend to put a lot of product on it ?

once every 2 days. my hair is also quite short at the moment. sweat might be right, but i still have really bad dandruff.

For the dandruff itself, seek a doctor (if afordable enough in your country), or wait if someone who know more than me to help you
Also since your hair in short, do you put gel/wax in it ? Your scalp might not like that and react to it

Every time I try to do Barbell Rows, even with light weight, I end up lightheaded at the end of the set. I try to breath properly, but I must still be doing something wrong. Any suggestions?

What do you think about doing 3 variations of planks (standard, side, one leg etc) after each workout? Would that develop abdominal muscles apart from strenghtening the core?

By developing I mean gaining muscle mass and possibly visible abs (not accounting body fat)

Dumbbells

Can I stick with them forever if my goal is to just look good? Gaining strength just being a bonus to my true goal of being aesthetic.

To clarify I'm talking about adjustable dumbbells (plus a bench etc) that can reach decently high weight. I just love working with dumbbells. Been working purely with them since the start. Is a barbell transition 100% necessary to achieve my goal?

>Would that develop abdominal muscles apart from strenghtening the core
strenght = size
It'll help a lot to built a great physique

Is there an actual heart rate range (50-75%) when exercising that's ideal for weight loss or is it just momscience?

Any /fraud/ brothers here, I got some DNP questions before I weigh out whether or not I could even take it. So long story short:
>5'11, 120kg
>32%BF (So 39kg fat mass, 82kg LBM)
>18yo ;) Europoor peasant
>Been lifting for about a year and a half on the on and off (Powerlifting @ 1/2/3/4)

So my questions are:
>How long will it take me to drop down to around 12%BF (~25kg fat mass to lose. wew lads)?
>How much will this whole process cost me (Based in London, you should come here some time yknow :)?
>How much muscle mass/strength will I lose throughout the process (Approximately, if I take measures to limit that)?

Those are gonna have to be some huge fucking dumbbels at some point lol.
Don't be afraid of the big bad barbell kid.

Does cardio help with increasing the time you can hold your breath out of the water while still active (ie. not standing still)? Or is there some specific exercise for that?

At your body weight I'd cut naturally first. You're going to rebound hard and your cut will be ineffectual if you can't figure out how to actually eat while on DNP (unless you're really blasting at which point it doesn't matter what you do, you'll lose a ton of weight and then gain it all back).

DNP is tough to get in the UK right now, in my opinion. Used to be cheap as fuck, though. It's muscle sparing so you likely won't lose a great deal of mass, but strength will go down the shitter while you're on.

Appreciate your response man, I'm just looking into DNP as an option, do plan to cut naturally though. One question is, how am I supposed to eat whilst on DNP (Been eating 2,800kCal, 700kCal below maintenance, 220P/62F/341C)?

Also, I will regain the strength loss quite rapidly after getting off of it will I not?

Just to check though, how much would a cycle like that cost me in the UK (London) as opposed to the US (NYC, planning to move there in a year)?

>10 months of consistent lifting now
>bulking since September
>am now 20% bf or more

I made great gains but I fucked up with nightly snacks and feel fat as fuck.

Should I cut for a month or strictly lean bulk? My original plan was bulk then cut during April and May.

But it is possible right? If I go heavy enough and keep progressively overloading?

But why though

Is Clarence Kennedy natty?

Daily reminder you will be 32% BF until you die, DNP, no DNP you fat fuck

Get out of MY general with your fat fuckery

kys

Nothing, just preference. But also curious how far one can reach with purely dumbbells. Is this achievable for instance? I'm not baiting . As you can see my goal isn't insanely ambitious. I just want a solid good looking body like pic related.

Pic there is borderline roided, so yeah with T you probs can m8. Otherwise just pick up a barbell and learn to love it, no pro doesn't absolutely swear by the barbell

Online it probably says that about normal black beans or dried ones while yours are in a can with salt water or some shit.

if you're sweating and can't sing a song without huffing you're working hard enough

you're probably a 12 year old dyel
this isn't /b/ so you go and fuck off

>smoking
how long do the "short term" negative effects last after a cigarette? if i wanna smoke like 1-2 cigs a day, how long does it take till my muscles get enogh oxygen again?

the problem with dumbbells is you're using all the little stabilizing muscles in your shoulders (for upper body lifts) so it will be harder to progress and also less safe

if you're not baiting, you'll probably never get to pic related, dumbbells or not

type scott herman in google and go to pics, that physique is the maximum natural potential for someone training for a long time, and being serious about it, level 'i breathe and live the gym and proper nutrition lifestyle' serious

what a sweet user :) thank you *gives peck on the cheek*... n-no homo

probably. research vo2 max and go from there

so what? brine doesn't have any protein

There is more "bean" in 100g of dried beans than in 100g of beans that have been soaked and sucked in salt. Water adds to the weight and thus you get less "bean" per 100g you fucking retard. -- I tried to explain this to you like you're a child, hope it helps.

Why do so many beginner programs have both conventional deadlift and squats?

If you are doing deadlift which works the posterior chain, shouldn't the other movement work the anterior muscles?

For example, wouldn't front squat/deadlift be a better combo?

Guys, questions about schedule. I'm on AxBxAxx - BxAxBxx currently. Always at least one day break between A and B.

Next week, I can only train on two consecutive days.
Should I do xxxAxxx or xxxABxx ?

I started at the gym for the first time 11/12 months ago and I've been doing nothing but my take on Arnies Golden Six for most of that time-

>Squats 150kg
>Dumbbell Chest Press 60kg
>Dumbbell Arnold Press 40kg
>Chinups
>Curls 40kg
>Hanging Leg Raises

I literally do that same routine every time I go in the gym and I've made hella progress and look great compared to how I was, but I'm now reaching the stage where it's time to start moving onto bigger things. What am I missing from my routine?

2 weeks ago I added Deadlifts, Pulldowns and Rows to patch up my lack of back work. What else?

Is it bad to get some calories from milk and sugar in tea granted I drink about 6-8 cups of it a day, hence skipping lunch in favour of drinking tea?

>On the label it says about 6.8g of protein per 100g for black beans
6.8g per 100g. Nutrition labels are sometimes a few % off, but they don't lie. They also commonly pull from the same place as government databases (which are sometimes used online). tl;dr 6.8g/100
Also remember drained weight vs cooked weight etc

Can't speak of the cause but try Coal Tar Shampoo- worked wonders for my flakey scalp issues in the past.

Probably too heavy or too many reps and/or too fast. How many and how fast are you doing, and what are your other compounds at?

Abs don't need very much work at all compared to other muscle groups, so one form of planks and one other ab workout is usually plenty depending on why or how you're developing the muscle. For me abs are aesthetic so I do bicycle kicks or hanging leg raises to get that V taper. 3 types of planks is excessive either way.
>By developing I mean gaining muscle mass and possibly visible abs (not accounting body fat)
Nevermind, you're doing it wrong. Fork putdowns 5x5 and read the sticky.

I'm up to 35kg dumbbells for chest press and it's getting really difficult to get them up without a spotter or falling off the bench. All movements eventually reach a point where barbells are superior for safety and hypertrophy but you should never stop using dumbbells.

Also without knowing your goal it's a mostly pointless question.

HIIT is generally known to be slightly more efficient at calorie burning, but 99% of people who try HIIT at home don't reach the conditions under which they were reached in the lab and clinical trials (these were ultra athletes on the brink of a heart attack from 10 minutes of work). In short- unless you're going full HIIT it's all momscience and whatever you enjoy most is best.

UK Fraudster here
>18yo
Everyone has told you this already but that's too young to start fraud, or at least not to waste your money.. cont..

anybody pls? this was a serious question >_

..You're also far too fat to be sensibly taking most steroids. Cut to around 14% BF or less first.
>>How long will it take me to drop down to around 12%BF (~25kg fat mass to lose. wew lads)?
You can work this out yourself using any decent online calc
>How much will this whole process cost me (Based in London, you should come here some time yknow :)?
Fraud is cheap in the UK, but again you can do your own homework here.
>>How much muscle mass/strength will I lose throughout the process (Approximately, if I take measures to limit that)?
Depends how far below maintenance you eat. Read the sticky.

It's quite clear you're looking for a magic pill instead of simply doing the work, so you're not going to have a good time with fraud either way.

Yes, as it increases the amount of oxygen in your blood and strengthens your heart and lungs.

I'm a little better off than you at around 14-15% BF just now, but we're in a similar predicament and stage. The answer is: whichever you're more likely to stick to and be consistent with. For me cutting is harder but takes a lot less time. I'm using mealprep to regulate what I eat and suffer a little less.

Pic is possible natty but being in TV and on a physical show he's almost certainly on roids.
To get to that stage you'd certainly need to use barbells as well as dumbbells though.

Couldn't say, this is Veeky Forums not /fit-apart-from-smoking/
Either way it's a silly question

>Why do so many beginner programs have both conventional deadlift and squats?
Because they're the simplest, quickest and safest way to gain massive strength in multiple muscle groups fast.

>If you are doing deadlift which works the posterior chain, shouldn't the other movement work the anterior muscles?
Which other movement? Squats? You should be doing both to round out the posterior work done with deadlifts and the quads, calves and other overlaps done by both..

>For example, wouldn't front squat/deadlift be a better combo?
If you're limiting yourself to only two exercises, I suppose you could argue that to be true, it's mostly a pointless question though.

>Next week, I can only train on two consecutive days.
>Should I do xxxAxxx or xxxABxx ?
Yes.

>Are calories bad
No, stop making everything black and white.

OHP instead of arnold press optional barbell bench
dips are goat I'd do rows or pulldowns since you're already doing chinups

Yeah I've been meaning to add in BB OHP, but so far Arnold Press has been far better for hypertrophy.
Barbell bench is also sensible since I'm no longer able to get dumbbells up without help.
Tried dips and didn't get much out of them- Cable Crossovers are much better and becoming more regular for me.

Also doing both rows and pulldowns as I said at the bottom.

Cheers for the input.

xxxAxxxx OR xxxABxx?

I assume you misread and recommend xxxABxx, just to be sure.

Brehs, how do you not cry while lifting weights?

>xxxAxxxx OR xxxABxx?
Yes

>I assume you misread and recommend xxxABxx, just to be sure.
No, do both.

Suppress your emotions like a real man youtube.com/watch?v=6-vrWrfCrwE

>want to lose a little bit of weight
>do cardio
>cardio makes me a little bit more hungry
>eat a bit more
>stay chubby
????

legit question here

what would happen if i'd take creatine but not work out

WHEN WILL MY KNEE PAIN GO AWAY HOLY SHIT

I WEAR THE SLEEVES I FOAM ROLL I TAKE FISH OIL AND GLUCOSOMINE MY FORM IS PERFECT ON LEG PRESS AND SQUAT I DONT LOCK MY KNEES I ICE THEM AFTERWARDS I STATICALLY STRETCH I USE LIGHT WEIGHT AND I WARMUP BEFORE HAND

HOLY SHIT JUST END ME PLEASE WHAT THE FUCK REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

If I am eating right and gaining weight while working out hard, am I going to be gaining muscle for sure? Is there any way to tell other then waiting to see results?

>Scott Herman
>Natty

Creatine is not natty, nigger.

for a piece of shit person with no force of will only way to lose weight is to count calories

excersise is optional in that regard

picture it like this, a good 30 minutes of jogging (which you cant sustain yet because of your lack of conditioning) will burn 300 calories. thats about a beer and some snacks.

but if youre a piece of shit fatso that drinks 5 beers every night doing a little bit of cardio wont change anything without a correct diet

go to a doctor, follow his instructions to the letter, the body is slow it will probably take years to really heal.
if youre too old theres a chance it will never heal

theres a chance it will never heal any way

>Is there any way to tell other then waiting to see results?
no

I REFUSE TO BELIEVE THIS

I WENT TO A DOCTOR AND I GOT XRAYS OF MY KNEES AND HE SAID THEY WERE FINE NO CARTILAGE DAMAGE AND TO JUST TAKE IBUPROFEN AND USE LIGHT WEIGHT UNTIL YOU EXPERIENCE NO MORE PAIN

IVE NEVER HAD KNEE PAIN BEFORE IN MY LIFE AND IM ONLY 20 YEARS OLD I DOUBT SQUATTING FUCKING 100 POUNDS EVEN WITH BAD FORM FOR 2 WEEKS WOULD HAVE FUCKED MY KNEES UP SO BAD TO THE POINT WHERE I NEED TO TAKE YEARS TO HEAL

I NEED SECOND OPINIONS NOW REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>I NEED SECOND OPINIONS NOW REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
you need physical therapy.

seriously, the body takes really long to heal, you msut learn patience

>Focusing on doing exercise instead of changing diet to lose weight
Mistake 1.
>Focusing on cardio for weight loss
Mistake 2.

Stop being a spastic and read the sticky.

Your creatine levels would go up. Is this bait?

>If I am eating right and gaining weight while working out hard, am I going to be gaining muscle for sure?
No, it could also be some fat
>Is there any way to tell other then waiting to see results?
You can measure your BF% fairly consistently with just a tape measure.

>Eating animals == taking steroids
Never go full retard

No real answer but don't listen to the other guy. I have had trouble walking for the past couple months and Doctors and Physical Therapist and GP all wasted my time and were useless.
Google for results and people who have treated the same thing and test each technique until you find one that works.

Also stop being 12.

Yes

Do I stop leg exercises in the mean time while looking for a knee solution? I don't want to lose progress on my lifts

Front squats

If you're 100% certain form isn't to blame then it'd make no sense to stop.

Form would be my first guess though.

>Do I stop leg exercises in the mean time while looking for a knee solution? I don't want to lose progress on my lifts
if you feel pain while doing them YES ABSOLUTELY YES STOP

if you feel pain after doing them then doing them then do them with reduced weight until it doesnt give you pain after doing them.

pain is never good. soreness is one thing but pain is never good.

also:
>don't want to lose progress on my lifts
if you fuck up your knee for good and you cant do squats anymore, how do you think your progress will do?

As someone who lived off the microwave all his life, what are some morning, lunch and dinner meals that I can cook that get me the bare necessities in terms of proteins and carbs. 200lbs and cutting atm.

doing starting strenght for 3 weeks now, following exactly the program, lifts going up quick, but my squats and my deadlifts are in the same weight, should I just keep going with my squats with more weight than my DLs or should I hold back the squat weight a bit for my DLs to catch up?

>squat is 104Kg
>deadlift is 100Kg

whfoods.com/foodstoc.php

Pick any two veg, one meat and one grain. Cook and combine with any sauce to make a meal.

yw

What possible reason could you have to hold back your lifts?

I hurt my wrist a couple days ago. It really only causes me some pain in certain positions (usually when my hand is rotated) and my grip is typically weaker in those positions now. No noticeable swelling or discoloration, but I've had it wrapped up since yesterday. Tylenol isn't really touching the pain, but it's not too bad.

Any bros with experience in this know how much down time I'm potentially looking at?

I think I've maxed out on linear progression (multiple deloads, switched to 3x5 etc).

I'm considering running Madcow, or 5/3/1 next. Any recommendations from my fellow Veeky Forumsizens?

I have impingement from an overly-strong chest and overly-weak lower traps, do I have to avoid lifting all together or just avoid shoulders and chest while strengthening rotator cuff and traps?

I'm having a problem with gym confidence. I know, I know, don't lift for your ego. But it's more about using babyweight and struggling with it. To put it simply, I'm embarrassed. I've been going to the gym at night so I can be alone in the weight room, but lately more and more people have started coming during my usual time. Any suggestions other than turning my headphones up, keeping my eyes straight ahead, trying to ignore the other people and just keep going until I get to respectable weight?

Come to terms with the fact that nobody cares about you.

Good way to do this is talk to people and ask them how much they're lifting etc. You'll quickly hear and know that people don't give a fuck and neither should you so long as you're improving.

Also focus on your number from the last session. If you lift the same or more than that point then you're progressing and don't have to feel like a fag. Lifting smaller weights is also fine because it's progress towards better form.

When I started at the gym 11 months ago I could barely curl 10kg and I'd have to sit next to guys benching with 2x 50kg dumbbells and feel like a bitch.

Now I'm squatting 150kg and benching 2x 30kg and whenever I see a skinny or short guy with the 10kg curls I think "On you go mate, climb that ladder"

tl;dr nobody cares, think and feel like a pussy all you like so long as you do it right

No reason at all, my question basically is if it is 'ok' to squat more than you deadlift. I believe in few weeks the squat progression will start to go slower and my deadlift will keep progressing and will outrank the squat, but anyway just wanted to ask

I gained 1cm in height since losing 38kg and starting lifting
Where the fuck did it come from?? And yes I double and triple checked my stats before and after

BF% estimate?

18%

Probably stretching out your spine. It also depends on what time of day you measure.

Just work on the imbalances. Stopping all together will make it worse.

Take the wrap off and alternate heat and ice, and slowly work mobility. Should be good by tonight.

They're both good. Look through them carefully and pick the one you think fits your goals.

about 15-16%

Deadlift is typically a little more than Squat if you do both in equal amounts because the Deadlift uses far more muscles

But I squat 150kg and Dead around 50kg because I've hardly deadlifted before. Not sure what you're asking but whichever you do more of you'll get bigger at quicker.

DO NOT BULK%

Hey Veeky Forums, woke up 4 times last night to puke and have also peed from my ass 7 times since this morning. Probably gastro-enteritis, more people have it here atm. Problem is, I cannot into hunger. How do I hunger? Only managed to eat 3 bites of steamed vegetables today. I'm assuming the hunger will return slightly the next coming days but this is still my greatest deficit of all time. I have 4 more kg to lose and then I have to turn in my centurion card. Will I lose 4 kg in (probably) 2 more days if I keep eating like a faggot?

this, and also, there is not one person who started benching 100kgs, no matter how much weight they are lifting now, they started just as you are now.
I know this is probably gonna sound stupid, but it is a similar situation: my gym is 100% normie and I have never seen 1 (one) guy squat or deadlift or overhead press, seriously, and when I wanted to start doing those lifts I felt very anxious, thinking about how people would look at me and think "what the fuck is that moron doing? that exercise is weird, no one does that.". I tried going in hours that had less people, but then I just stopped caring, with the mind-set that nobody gives a shit, everybody is there to do their lifts and after that go home

godspeed, we are all going to make it

you're not supposed to keep on lifting you idiot. Just stretch. That's all you should be doing.

is it really possible for me to look good

like , im currently 89kg 173cm, if i keep a steady 1kg per week deficit i can really reach 10 kg weight loss in 10 weeks? (about 2 months and a half)

is it possible i wont have loose skin?

Which part of your knee is hurting specifically? Top, outside, inside, back or a combination? What motions bother you?

Why do I feel like my biceps aren't really being worked when I do dumbbell curls?

not enough weight, when you do them right it kills your biceps, theres no way you wont feel them

Two days old overnight oats that I forgot in the fridge. Still edible? Doesn't smell bad.

Eat?

Is the pike stretch a good stretch to increase dorsiflexion? I always feel like my gastroc gets a pretty good stretch from them and I feel slightly more mobile in the squat.

Can someone help a brother out and come up with a lifting routine that will shed this weight in the next six months? I want to join the military but I'm too big to do so. 5'11 and 276 lbs. Thank you in advance.

sticky 1xF

>>>How much muscle mass/strength will I lose throughout the process (Approximately, if I take measures to limit that)?
>Depends how far below maintenance you eat. Read the sticky.
But if he's on DNP that changes the whole dynamic user m8

Regarding the bf%, wat do if my aim is aesthetics?

Lift

I'm at 1/2/3/3 currently. As you can see, I still look like shit.

No you're not. I'm not at 1/2/3/4 yet and I'm higher BF% than you and I'm far more defined

Lift more. Your lats are the only thing with any definition

Height might have something to do with it. I'm 6'6''. Regardless, do I bulk or cut?

>mere 120kg DL
>already plateauing

How the fucking fuck is this happening. It's not a form issue, I've had +/-12 people commenting on my form including a PLer from college.
Any exercises to include as an accessory? For strength, not mass (just making sure i'm clear - non-native speaker here).

>pic semi-related

How the fuck do these work? Are my walls too thin because I got one of these and the angle is too steep so it flies off the doorframe the second any weight is put on it.

At what retail store can I buy a decent fitting plain black v neck? Need buy tomorrow so can't buy online.

I'm 6'1, 193 lbs and have wide shoulders.

1. Eat more
2. What do you mean plateau? Because stalling once or even 3 times and deloading isn't platoing. If you were able to continue linear progression without stalling in your first year, you'd be lifting over 4pl8 in your first year, which is not realistic for most people.