Lets get a home gym thread!

Post your home gyms !
where them home gym brahs at

Other urls found in this thread:

bodysolid.com/Home/GFID31/Body-Solid_Flat_Incline_Decline_Bench
bodysolid.com/Home/GFID71/Body-Solid_Heavy_Duty_Flat_Incline_Decline_Bench
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Dayum, how much that set you back all in all?

This is mine, just finished building it actually,
wnna head inside!?

well alright!
lets head inside!

It's so cute

How long it take you?

a little over 2 weeks
would have been quicker if it wasnt for building in
the winter gets dark so early makes it hard to work

oops wrong person

>screenshotting with all that extra bullshit in the way
>he doesnt know there's a save option

just dont bother in the future

no its because my phones fucked
for some reason if i click save it tells me
memory full but if i screenshot its somehow fine.

just installed this

ayyyy

Blimey

The bar is going to hit the wall

Yep, for sure. Dont worry just have to smash some more holes in the ceiling to move it over.

Not buying a half rack.

I was gonna buy one of these but the prices were through the roof

My home gym

if i lived far from a gym then I'd consider a home gym. But just the act of leaving my apartment and taking a nice walk to the gym is way too appealing to ever replace that

fuck home gyms desu

GODDAMN IT CARLOS

pretty good, comfy

I'll probably begin training people soon for extra money and so I will need to buy equipment. Being knowledgeable(ish) in the physiology of it all is nice but when you dont look the part its intimidating training people.

These threads are cool though. Easy to see how little space someone would actually need to have a decent gym

I live on a third floor. The only thing stopping me from getting a homegym is the fear that somehow dropping the weights on the floor will cause the ceiling fan of the apartment down below will collapse over what I think must be the kids bed and kill it.

Craigslist is your friend. Be patient but check consistently. If a good deal pops up make sure you have cash in hand and go make a deal ASAP.

very basic

Have my mattress on the ground next to my cage, can't benchpress if I actually have a bed.

>gym room has tiled floors

I see you like to live dangerously

Good job!
Did you built it yourself anonymous?

makes you lift harder knowing if you fuck up it will cost you money

What bench is that?

me and my dad
my dads very good at stuff like that he builds summerhouses for people.

simple but deadly

>Going to make my own home gym
>Nothing special, just a bench, dip/chin up bars and DBs
>these prices
So basically I could buy an absolutely god like new computer and play every new game at max settings for the next decade, or I could have a 50lb DB

Choices, choices...

Thats a cuck shed

Don't build a home gym in a apartment, genius.

not gonna make it

>buy computer
>bench press computer case
I win

CARLOS!

its where i take my victims mate,
theres a trapdoor at the back that goes underground
thats why ive left that little gap at the front
to let some air in down there to keep them alive.

>equipment
>the world is your equipment bros, go out and find your gym

tfw you fuck up, but realize you aren't through fucking up.

>benching 15 pounds

>>the world is your equipment bros, go out and find your gym

>Go outside for a run
>Get robbed by a murder of magpies, they call me a cunt and fly off with my wallet
>Go do some chin ups on a tree
>Drops ants come down and attack me, call me a cunt, bite my dick
>Go do some cardio in the ocean
>Jellyfish stings my taint, shark bites off my biceps, calls me a cunt
>doing dips on some rocks
>flying spiders tie me down with their webs, call me a cunt
>Go lift some hay bails
>Get kicked in the back by a swole kangaroo, steals my gf, calls me a cunt
Yeah, na, fuck that mate

built the rack myself, bought the rest used. spent around 400€ in total. not perfect, but a nice little start. Can go up to over 100 kg and will be set for a little while I think.

That's awesome

I would love to replicate this one day

Best one in the thread. I'd lift with you

the pressing bench

How much would a gym like OP's cost? Like 5, 6k dollars?

Should I buy equipment secondhand?

yeah I think I will look on craigslist for the most part. A friend of mine who would be working with me has like $2000 store credit at walmart so we can buy a ton of little things like Bosu Balls, resistance bands and free weights.

Quick question, this is for anyone as I dont have any personal training experience.

Whats a reasonable amount to ask someone to pay for personal training? I cant wrap my head around asking someone for $360 a month for training only 3 days a week.

less than that probably 3-4k depending if its brand new or not

homegym masterrace

how long are you with them per day?

do you squat/dl on carpet? or just curlbro shit?

I have not done it yet, but I will this new year since its when most people will be looking and im moving back to my home city.

but ideally an hour. I think its too much for most people, but I'm hoping to utilize all my knowledge and really put quality assistance into it. From nutritional components to physiological to biomechanical.

My fear is that i am used to working with athletes, working on performance and even the most subtle things and "normal" people wouldnt be able to appreciate the amount of work I actually put into analyzing an individual or that I might even over estimate their needs making it my fault.

I guess cutting it to 30 minutes would be best, but the reason I think $30 a session would be ideal is because I tend to have OCD with these things. I want to study my client after we work out and see what compensations they ave and how I could most efficiently improve them. Thats work I'll be doing without them there or realizing what I'm doing. With my "assistant" friend who i'll be splitting the money involved I think $15 each an hour is not too much to ask for

why dont you get some pins so you can actually use the rails for their intended purpose?

What dumbbells you got there pal?

> replies to meme

never going to make it.

Nopix but I've got a bench, powerblocks, pullup bar & resistance bands
tfw apartment is too small for my oly bar & pl8s

What's a powerblock?

But yeah, I kinda have the same setup as you. Just do calisthenics, having a small amt of tools is not worth the stress.

Those are nice weights
Expensive

Powerblocks are adjustable dumbbells
I actually get a pretty good workout using the smaller equipment, but I can't say I don't miss using the bar sometimes

What routine do you do exactly?

Mirin orange and black theme
defo need more mirrors though

Just having to decide between leaving humanity behind and playing vidya...
>Enjoy your nogainz.

>Eat your heart out, Gold's Gym!

>not including the bar

how smelly does that room get?

i heard those and the adjustable bowflex dbs are super easy to break. do they feel flimsy to you?

That thread was gold, someone have the screenshot

if you're talking about j-cups i have them
did my photo tick you off or something?

I also have a pull up bar outside with rings.

I bought that decline bench shit for ab work but I put it on some furniture like you see in the pic and it's cool

I'm a student with no money and no desire to pay / commute to the gym, so I do stuff here, I find it nice but would like more plates for the dumbbells, besides I live in a block of flats

Nah, I get you man. I mean, it's better than doing nothing at all. However, I'd save the money and get a gym membership when after outgrowing the equipment if unable to get a power rack and an oly bar.

I also fixed in one of those door pullup bars into a space below the roof

Damn it.

What are you using the saw horses for?

The korn poster has me rolling. Nice touch.

It's a bit modified since I'm trying to rehab a hiatal hernia and ulcer, so nothing that relies the core too much, and unfortunately there's very little I can do for my legs right now because of that. Otherwise I would recommend adding in DB squats, lunches, pullups, leg raises on the pullup bar, etc
Right now my recovery routine looks like this + DB farmer walks & calf raises

CHEST & TRICEPS
>DB bench pronated grip 10x3
>DB bench neutral grip 10x3
>DB incline bench 10x4
>Band flies (I wrap it around the pullup bar) 10x4
>Band tricep extensions 10x4
>Band tricep pushdowns (around the pullup bar) 10x4

BACK & BICEPS
>Band lat pulldown wide grip (around the pullup bar) 10x3
>Band lat pulldown neutral grip (again, around the pullup bar) 10x3
>Band rows (I wrap them around my feet) 10x3
>DB shrugs 10x4
>DB zottman curls 10x4
>DB hammer curls 10x4

SHOULDERS, CHEST & TRICEPS
>DB overhead press 10x4
>DB bench pronated grip 10x3
>DB bench neutral grip 10x3
>Band overhead jackhammer 10x3
>Band rear delts (around the feet) 10x3
>Band flies 10x4
>Band tricep extensions 10x4
>Band tricep pushdowns 10x4

I've only had them for a short while, but they feel ok. The actual plates jiggle around a little bit due to the pin, which never feels fully secure, but if you can look past that, they get the job done and are a great space & money saver.

My mate had a pair of those bowflexs and he said he threw them against the ground after a set of db presses and the mechanics broke or something lol

All you need and more. What is your warm up though? I would ditch the cable machine and get some space for jumpr oping.

im trying to put together a sort of collapsible dl platform. i dont have access to cheap horse stall mats in my area so im looking for alternatives. so far ive come up with a couple options.
>a few scrapped 18 wheeler mud flaps stacked on top of eachother
or
>cutting up some used tires and laying them out flat and bolt them to a piece of plywood

anyone have any other diy alternatives?

What are those like flat benches for that people have aswell as having an adjustable bench? like op has in his pic
wouldnt you just put the adjustable bench into flat when needed idk why people have both unless it has some special use

Thinking about buying this power rack, what do you guys think?

bet that costs a few pennies ay mate

Cables make me wanna work that chest

That's a big rack

Does the girl come with it?

4U

4u

Hampton 5-50 dumbbell set with a 3 tier hoist rack. Bought it off of some guy from craigslist for $200.00

bodysolid.com/Home/GFID31/Body-Solid_Flat_Incline_Decline_Bench
its an older version of that, they have tons of addons you can get that hook up to the front like lat pulldown machines and quad raise hookups

bodysolid.com/Home/GFID71/Body-Solid_Heavy_Duty_Flat_Incline_Decline_Bench

disregard previous link this is the one.

Is craigslist only popular in the us?

im from the uk and whenever i go on it theres like
nothing much on there i think the only thing i found for sale in my area was a cheap prostitute. not even joking

Just made the incline bench

It looks like some kind of torture chamber.

I torture my muscle

>user~kun you're so big, where do you work out? :3
>let me show you bb
>just go through this security door
>don't mind the cctv camera
>and through this metal door

Here is where I make my gains. Those chains bolted to the wall are great for biceps, go try them.